Type keyword(s) to search

Watch What Happens Live Past Seasons

• Start Topic

Oh I remember that post --I think at TwoP.    It seems like occasionally they let a zinger slip through...and it can't be an accident because they have the 7 second delay--I've seen them bleep things before.    I would imagine Andy is Team Idina so letting a caller through was probably intentional.

I remember that kid--I think he lived in NY or somewhere nearby and I remember Andy having him on the show at least once.  I haven't seen him in a long time though.

I also wonder what happened to that kid? It would be nice if we got an update on him.

Kelly Ripa and Anderson Cooper were so funny. Loved that Anderson knew it was Cher right away.

I even recorded live the next day because they said he was co hosting. He was on fire the next morning.

If a viewer wanted to ask a tough question but knew that they'd get screened out, I'd imagine that they'd make up another question to get passed through and then ask the question they wanted on air.

Andy tries to maintain the appearance that everything is live, everything is spontaneous but it's apparent that it's not.  How many callers have we heard ask a 2nd question and preface it by saying/begging that they have one more?  As if they are asking permission.

Nene was the first surprise guest that was to fill chair # 2.  She instead sat in chair # 1 after Jeff Lewis stood up to greet her.  Snoopy was the guest bartender.  Martha Stewart was another surprise guest, she just stood and she took Nene's award (which was funny).  Then the gay shark came out followed by the dog of course.

Andy seems to have toned down Wacha's appearances a wee bit lately -- the dog still comes out a lot, but not for every show.   I must admit that seeing Wacha frolic and romp with Snoopy (who was my imaginary best friend as a child!) at the very end of the show was all kinds of cute.  The poor dog was either in attack mode or play mode, but the reaction to Snoopy was fun to watch. 

Me too. I don't watch any of Jeff's shows, but he's entertaining enough when he engages with Andy. Nene, however, is working my last nerve these days with her gross ego, so I turned when she started being Moose-y.

• Love 1

What is going on with Joan Rivers? I can't tell if she had more face work done or if she just gained some weight. Her face was really bloated and puffy and she seemed not quite 100%. 

It drives me crazy when Andy makes his shocked face at her jokes, but he's laughing his ass off behind his cards. It's like he has to let us know that Joan is "shocking!"

I also really enjoyed Kate Hudson, she is ethereal!  I always love it when Elizabeth Moss is on, too.  Andy really does get some great guests on his silly little show.

Shelby, the beagle is Andy's, his name is Wacka (sp?) and there are mixed opinions about him allowing his dog to wander around the guests at the end of the show.  I figure it's part of the casual "clubhouse" feel, and don't mind it because I love beagles and animals in general, but some people do not like him being there at all.  He did chew up the reading glasses of one of the guests, and that wasn't cool.  Maybe that's why he always seems to have some kind of chew toy since then.

Andy seemed so disappointed that the Thunder from Down Under people didn't play for his team.

Elizabeth Moss looked stunning today.

Also, did the pace of this show seem a little strange today? Maybe Shannon isn't so good with the small talk, or just the thought of Tamra freezes everyone, but it seemed more disjointed than some of the other episodes. 

Edited by nenya

Andy seemed so disappointed that the Thunder from Down Under people didn't play for his team.

Andy let it slip that their answer and how much air time they would get was linked.  Since they said they were into girls, we barely saw them.  Word up to future bartenders.

Mark Paul Gosselar stills looks very hot, but I couldn't decide how to feel about his demeanor tonight. He seemed a bit caustic. 

Mel B is fun, lively and looked great in that beautiful green color. 

Andy gave me belly laughs with his Screech impressions. 

This is one of the better episodes in a while, between all the cursing, fingerbanging and power bottom talk, this is destined for the greatest hits pile. Twitter seems to agree.

Edited by tvallthetime
  • Love 2

I love when Daniel Radcliffe is on. He's such a good sport and seems bemused by all the Bravo weirdness that he doesn't get. And I love that Rebecca Romijn is such a housewives super fan that she did an Aviva bit at the beginning of the show. I love when a celeb is into these shows for the same nonsense reason we are--they like watching dumb ridiculous people.

• Love 1

Mark Paul Gosselar stills looks very hot, but I couldn't decide how to feel about his demeanor tonight. He seemed a bit caustic.

Mel B is fun, lively and looked great in that beautiful green color.

Andy gave me belly laughs with his Screech impressions.

This is one of the better episodes in a while, between all the cursing, fingerbanging and power bottom talk, this is destined for the greatest hits pile. Twitter seems to agree.

Yeah, MPG gave a real odd vibe. I have seen him in other interviews and always thought he seemed nice enough. Maybe it was because he was drinking, but he seemed like he was trying to be as crude as possible.

And what the hell was up with him calling Andy the ghetto screech, after Andy called himself the black screech. I actually looked up from some papers I was looking through and said "what the fuck?"

Rebecca Romijin made me laugh with the hair piece she pulled out.

• Love 1

Yeah, MPG gave a real odd vibe. I have seen him in other interviews and always thought he seemed nice enough. Maybe it was because he was drinking, but he seemed like he was trying to be as crude as possible.

And what the hell was up with him calling Andy the ghetto screech, after Andy called himself the black screech. I actually looked up from some papers I was looking through and said "what the fuck?"

Rebecca Romijin made me laugh with the hair piece she pulled out.

Yeah...that was bad. I'm just going to decide it was an unfortunate slip of the tongue because I am not prepared to have mental anguish over my shattered image of "Zach Morris."

• Love 1

David Arquette was all kids of awesome last night.  The way he stood by his statement that Amber's Jimmy (RHoNJ) was a bitch was the greatest.  I loved when Andy showed all the clips where Jimmy was actually being a bitch and you could see David laughing in the background and Amber was not pleased.

Go David, Go David!

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 2

If Andy INSISTS on his "no socks" look, someone should advise him on the best shoes to wear.  So far every pair has been a failure.  I'm not against the look--it just needs to be right.  Different shoes definitely; different pants/trousers...most of the time.

• Love 1

It was very boring, indeed. Jessica looked like she kept looking off set and basically rolling her eyes every time Demi went into her long, drawn out, "ummm" filled babblings. I did the same. Plus Jess appeared not happy that most of the attention seemed focused on Demi. I'd never seen, nor heard, Demi interviewed before and she came across as thinking everyone hangs on her every word. Oops, a little harsh but damn, girl, just simply answer a question concisely.

• Love 2
Former Nun did you like Jessica's gift of socks? She obviously doesn't dig the no-socks look either.

Missed it, ExplainitAgain.   Thanks. I don't watch the show every night--just if I happen to catch it or if I read (ahead of time) that someone I like will be on the show.

Maybe someone will give him the right shoes to wear if he insists on the nosox look.

My pet peeve:

Andy Cohen: "Caller, what's your name and where you calling from?"

Caller: "My name is Mary. I'm calling from Philadel--"

Andy: "What's your question?"

Kate Hudson and Zach Braff were very funny. I love her response to the girl-on-girl or lesbian question. Loved the fake NJ town quiz.

Rachel Dratch is awesome. She was hilariously subdued with the Housewife.

There's a few posts about Wacha (Andy's beagle mix who visits the show and acts up) and I wanted to post I'm almost positive the guests glasses the dog ate were Diane Keaton's.

LOL!!

Wacha ate Maury Povich's glasses!

There wasn't any doubt in my mind.  I vividly remember the episode with Maury Povich and Connie Chung, and Wacha sneaking around the back of the little table by the chairs to take the glasses and chomp on them.  Andy vowed that he would pay for them or replace them -- which was a good thing to do, of course!  Andy kept trying to corral Wacha and retrieve the glasses, but even if he had gotten them from the dog's mouth at that point (which he did not) I would assume that Maury would not want to put them on his face (I hope)!

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 1

They were Maury's glasses but he could have eaten Diane's too. I like Wacha because he reminds me of my basset hound. He was a Wacha with basset legs and feet. Interesting choice for Andy because I would have figured him for a labra doddle or another of those trendy designer mixes that used to be called mutts or maybe a boxer.

• Love 1

I'm sure Wacha could eat my glasses and anyone else's too!  But Diane Keaton was never on WWHL.  Was Diane Keaton at some other location where Andy and Wacha were?  I'm not sure if I missed something somewhere along the line, but how did Diane Keaton wind up in the Andy-Wacha orbit?  Were they all at a party in the Hamptons together or something?  All I know is that Wacha ate Maury's glasses because I remember it happening on the show.

• Love 1

I was looking forward to this show coming back(don't judge). I wish his first show back would have had better guests.

I stopped watching the Jersey housewives, so I was disappointed that they where his first guests back from vacation.

Even sadder, IMO is I don't think they are actually housewives, but friends of the housewives.

I was looking forward to this show coming back(don't judge). I wish his first show back would have had better guests.

I stopped watching the Jersey housewives, so I was disappointed that they where his first guests back from vacation.

Even sadder, IMO is I don't think they are actually housewives, but friends of the housewives.

I don't judge at all -- I like Andy, and a lot of times I like Andy's show (when the guests are good and not duds, and when Andy doesn't make people spend too much time on games that go nowhere)!

I totally agree with you!  The first show of the new season should have had better guests.  I, too, stopped watching the RHONJ a while back, so I could not care less about any of them.

You know what I wish Andy would have done?  The show is only about 20 or 23 minutes after the commercial breaks.  I would have preferred that Andy spend that 20 minutes with a guest who knew Joan Rivers, and they could both reminisce together.  Andy was at Joan's funeral.  Many of the people at the funeral were also people who Andy knows and who have been on Andy's show (Kathy Griffin and SJP, for example).  He could have gotten Margaret Cho as a guest.  She was there too.  He could have gotten Hoda Kotb.

Hell, Andy could have even gotten NeNe, who casually knew Joan from having appeared on Fashion Police.  The two of them could have talked about Joan for 20 minutes.

I saw absolutely no point in the Jersey folks being on last night's WWHL, right after Andy returned from a major funeral for a friend he loved and was working with on a show idea.  His heart was probably heavy, and I would have preferred to hear him talk about how he felt for the whole show instead of interview reality stars.  Couldn't he have rescheduled the Jersey ladies?

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 4

Excellent idea, Sherry67, about Andy reminiscing about Joan on his first show back. I turn WWHL off whenever any of the HoWives are on, as I don't watch any of them, and Nene is obnoxious, and a HoWife, so she wouldn't have gotten me to watch even if they discussed Joan.

Excellent idea, Sherry67, about Andy reminiscing about Joan on his first show back. I turn WWHL off whenever any of the HoWives are on, as I don't watch any of them, and Nene is obnoxious, and a HoWife, so she wouldn't have gotten me to watch even if they discussed Joan.

Well, Nene would have been an absolute last resort to have on to talk about Joan, needless to say!  Of course, Andy showed some clips and he mentioned Joan's passing and spoke of her fondly for a minute -- but I was really, really surprised that he didn't devote his whole show (all 20 or 23 minutes of it) to her.  He could have even had Billy Eichner on as a guest if none of the other funeral attendees and occasional WWHL guests were in the mood to talk with Andy, or if Kelly Ripa wasn't available.  Billy Eichner also knew Joan -- he and Andy both worked with her on a short-lived show in the past -- and he seemed to adore her.

Even Anderson Cooper -- who admittedly did not know Joan Rivers to the same degree that Andy Cohen knew her -- devoted his entire show (which is twice as long as Andy's) to her on the day she passed away, and he had Kathy Griffin and Andy on as the two guests who would speak about their histories with Joan. 

Maybe Bravo didn't want Andy to devote all of WWHL to Joan, or maybe he felt that he said all he needed to say on Anderson's show, but it seemed as though he should have done/said a bit more.  (Andy was recently working with Joan on a new idea for a TV show that he was pitching to different networks, and he seemed genuinely affected by her passing when he talked about it on Anderson's show.) 

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 1

Sweet Jesus was the girl from "Girls" irritating tonight. She suffered from the same affliction as Demi Lovato: Overestimating the importance of her answers and kept rambling in some misguided attempt to sound more interesting than she actually is.

Also, Andy was oddly dismissive of the male model bartender. But I guess he's only nice to the ones he wants to sleep with, so maybe not all that surprising.

• Love 2

Sweet Jesus was the girl from "Girls" irritating tonight. She suffered from the same affliction as Demi Lovato: Overestimating the importance of her answers and kept rambling in some misguided attempt to sound more interesting than she actually is.

I almost deleted, but decided to hit play because I like Patrick Wilson so much: MISTAKE! "Zasha" Mamet thinks she is one hot bitch but she speaks and behaves like the worst kind of spoiled dipshit. I have a difficult to pronounce name as well, but I don't flash side-eye and bitch face at anyone who attempts it. WWHL is full of insufferable guests, but Zosia is clearly aiming right for the top of the charts with her ridiculous Warhol-ian hair in tow. I knew it was only going to get worse when Andy noted all of the twitter nods she was getting for her "cat burglar realness" or whatever, which was actually pretty generous, and she looked like she was going to choke on her own snide-face. I can't even imagine who could find something nice to say about her appearance there, but they did, and she would have none of it!

Oh, I can't wait until the Girls balloon fully pops and Zosia and the rest can go on to talk about how their greatness pigeonholed them in the industry... 

Also, Andy was oddly dismissive of the male model bartender. But I guess he's only nice to the ones he wants to sleep with, so maybe not all that surprising.

Yes, they all laughed at the model like it was an early episode of Sex and the City, and it was quite pathetic. Andy routinely fucks up the reading of a basic word from the prompter which is about 8 ft. from his head and can you even imagine what his reputation would be if he had to show up early to venues on a regular basis and walk in straight lines?! That's so far beyond his skill set that it's laughable.

On the plus side, I had a bit of a laugh when Andy kept stupidly playing his Pat-Treat clips and watched Patrick's face as the ping-pong scene was played: priceless.

• Love 2

That was a very weird show last night -- well, I say "last night" even though I actually had to find it in the WWHL section of On Demand this morning, as it was apparently so weird that the DVR refused to record it at 11 p.m.!

The whole vibe of the show was off, and there was no chemistry between anyone.   Andy was more disconnected and detached than usual, and he was tripping over his words more than usual (which might not happen quite as often if he would slow down and stop trying to speed through everything).  I couldn't tell if Andy was just not feeling Zosia as a guest because her energy is so....um...laid back (??).   Or maybe he was distracted.  Or maybe something bizarre happened during the commercial break.

Patrick Wilson is not exactly an animated, lively guy most of the time in interviews, but he seems to have a good sense of humor and is pretty good-natured.  Plus, he has a certain kind of charisma which has lent itself well to some of his darker and edgier roles.  I have a feeling that he is an interesting guy who probably has had some interesting experiences -- but no one would have ever been able to tell that from his appearance on WWHL.

I don't blame Patrick Wilson, though.  I think Andy was out of sorts and I think that Zosia messed up the flow of everything.  Hopefully Andy will have Patrick on again at some point in the future -- with a better co-guest sitting next to him.   (I used to think that Michael C. Hall was humorless and lacking in personality [which worked so well for Dexter], and that he would be a bad guest, but when he appeared on WWHL with Toni Collette a while back, he was not bad.  He actually laughed and smiled and seemed to be having a decent time.) 

• Love 1

I don't watch a lot of entertainment shows so I didn't even know how to pronounce that Zosia girl's name. She seems dull as dishwasher and humorless. I don't think she "got" Andy...she wasn't excited about her "Mazel" boy shorts - sacrilege! 

I don't know Patrick Wilson either. He seems cool but I agree that Zosia threw the whole vibe off.

I think some of Andy's guests have never seen his show before and aren't at all prepared for the antics.

I finally watched this ep, although I was warned due to reading this thread. Can't agree more with Zosia who? She did channel Demi L. with her self-importance and cluelessness about what goes on during that show. Nor have I heard of Patrick but he seemed fun.

I know nothing of HBO's Girls, but from what I've seen of Lena Dunham (on SNL) and now this chick, I'm not impressed and hope to never see them again. Boring. Boring. Boring and they think they are all that.

Word. Especially when they say they're the ripe old age of 22. It's interesting seeing Andy shift from being a pervy old man (with the blond Calvin Klein[?] model) to dismissive and rude (with the black Ralph Lauren[?] model). He's not real skilled at maintaining an acceptable medium in his behavior with them, is he?

Kristen Wiig and Bill Harder were hilarious, but Andy was trying to create the most hostile workplace with tonight's model bartender. I can't remember if we ever came up with a neologism inspired by those idiots on Vanderpump Rules. Were they mactenders? Model/actor/bartender.

I can't believe how much Steve Harvey cracked up at Andy's jokes. Andy saved all of his harassment for Nick Jonas yesterday.

• Love 1

Kristen Wiig and Bill Harder were hilarious,

I'm not a huge Wiig fan, it feels like she's been playing the same character in each movie since she finished playing the same characters on SNL, but that's just my take. Watching her and Hader together was quite entertaining though and I was only bummed when Hader basically apologized for telling the truth, that the Biebs was just the worst.

Who knew Meredith Viera would come to the rescue of the truth?! I wanted to bow down when she coughed out that tidbit about Matt Lauer! Now, I know his lazy, lecherous ass was surely not tuning into a former co-worker's talk show appearance, but I'm sure it will make his twitter feed that he's surely reading on his morning flight from the Hamptons to 30 Rock. Mindy looked impressed; she could take a page from Meredith's book, but I don't think Mindy likes to call anyone out.   

Edited by meisje