Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Please Welcome Erika Jayne!

• Start Topic

Erika also tells Kathryn and the other women that they "can't" be offended by the word. Again, Erika is saying that their opinion isn't valid or at least isn't as valid as her own. 

Yeah, that really stood out to me.  She's so impressed with herself and how cutting edge/fabulous she is that she thinks her opinions are fact. There's just no room at all for someone who might feel differently.  I couldn't believe it when - to make some kind of ridiculous point - she said that.   It was like, "I'm so much more fabulous and savvy than you could ever hope to be.  I'm right. You're wrong. End of story".  No agreeing to disagree there!

I did think it was hilarious when she closed her show by saying, "I'm Erika Jayne."  If people had come there specifically to see her, she absolutely would not have said that since clearly there would have been no need.  She has repeatedly given the impression (if not actually said) that she has a huge fan base who travel to see her, and it's obvious that's not the case.  Performers in hotel lounges identify themselves at the end, in the hopes that people enjoyed them and would want to remember their name.  She only would want to provide her name if she was in a place where people went for a drink or to dance or whatever, and just happened to be there the same night that she was performing.  And clearly that was exactly this situation.  I don't think anyone had the slightest idea of who she was or had ever heard of her before.  

I re-watched a little while ago, and it seemed to me that most of the people there were either looking at/for the cameras or at each other.  I didn't see anyone who looked particularly enthralled by her performance, and I'm pretty sure most of them forgot her name before they even walked out the door.

Here is Erika's blog, note the title of it and her first sentence! LOL   http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-6/blogs/erika-girardi/erika-girardi-i-am-not-a-pussy-or

I love how she claims the others were trying to "detract" attention away from what they said/did. YET she was the one yelling, she was the one that lied/denied/lied, she is the one that didn't tell Yolanda the truth OR the entire story/conversation AND she wasn't the one getting blamed for something someone else did. LOL

Thanks!  

She completely misses the point.  The issue is that she flat-out lied about talking to Yolanda.  If she felt that - out of a sense of friendship - she wanted to speak to her, that's fine.  But she didn't own up to that.  She could have said that she did speak to Yolanda because she is her friend, and she could have said that she really didn't want to talk about it right then.  Or ever.  But instead, she lied.  Took the easy way out.  Completely exposed herself as the exact opposite of the kind of person she's claimed to be.  You feel your first loyalty is to your friend?  Fine.  Then say that.  I'm not a particularly ballsy person, but I would have had no trouble at all saying, "Yolanda is my friend.  I really don't want to talk about it."  Not hard to do.

• Love 15

If she felt that - out of a sense of friendship - she wanted to speak to her, that's fine. But she didn't own up to that

Yes just own up to it. On these shows all of these women get so crazy about people talking about them when they arent there, welcome to the world that literally happens all the time. The issue is if people are being assholes, malicious, lying etc. about you that it is the problem, the conversation between Lisa and Kyle didn't seem to be any of that just something that anyone would ask or wonder about. Erika only told Yolanda part of the story but than Yolanda took and even twisted Erika's words.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 8

1) I am totally disappointed in Erika. I liked her so much until this episode. I don't like liars. Can't abide them. And one thing that will make you drop you fast is if I think I can't trust you and you have no integrity. BUt I suppose we've all lied about somethings we've said in life. I'm just disappointed…mostly because of the way Erika has presented herself until now….as a take no prisoners stand up person.

2) I am totally on Yolanda's side. If some bitch said her kids weren't sick I don't blame her one bit for wanting find out who it was, nail that down -- and SHUT it down. Damned right!

The problem with Yolanda is she personalizes the Lyme Disease thing-she has said there are family members who don't think she is sick.  I think she os projecting her frustration and maybe plain paranoia or guilt into everything these women say.  From outward appearances Yolanda's children seem to be thriving.  LVP's statement was a restatement of what the children's father said.  It is not something she came up with independently.  What was wrong was Yolanda saying the information came from Lisar.  Even in her blog she gives Erika a pass for lying.  I feel for the parents of children with Lyme Disease who are hospitalized or unable to attend school, if anything Yolanda has done those children a disservice by be so adamant her children are sick.  The may have Lyme Disease diagnosed but they are not bedridden  ill.  This is the CDC report claims it may takes months to get well.  Not years and never getting well.  http://www.cdc.gov/lyme/postlds/index.htmlhttp://www.cdc.gov/lyme/postlds/index.html  It just seems incredulous to anyone with a pulse, that not only did three member in a family, in a state of 38 million people, with 82 reported cases got Lyme Disease but all three seem to suffer from chronic, incurable Lyme Disease. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 21

LVP did not say anything out of turn in repeating what Mohammed had said - he said the kids were fine.  But OMG, "fine" cannot be said in the same breath with anything to do with Lyme disease or whatever condition du jour Yo is saying she has.  Sure, kids should be off limit, but Yo brought them into it by offering them up as part of her storyline.  They have been on multiple episodes, so it's not like she's shielding them from the public.

She sure didn't appear sick or weakened when she was at that lunch on the attack.  Erika can have several seats, too.  No one said anything bad about Yo's kids.  They were fine.  It was a vague response.  Mohammed could have meant they're doing fine, coping with Lyme disease.  Or the last time he saw them, they were doing fine.  How many times has someone asked you, how are you today and you say "fine".  You could be having the shittiest day ever, but you say "fine", as you don't want to get into it or it's the polite response.  

This whole storyline is the only thing that is offensive; it is not fine.

• Love 20

Whoever compared Kyle,for Mrs. Higgins, spot on! Also, did she seem just a tad bit desperate when she kept hitting the men's naked rears? Was she trying to one up LVP who smacked one once?

Will someone buy Yolanda a pair of pants that aren't white jeans?

If YoYo doesn't want people talking about her kids' health, she shouldn't have brought it up in the first place.

• Love 5

When Yolanda described the non-Gigis' symptoms I believe the only thing she cited was Bella inability to calibrate jumps on her horse.  Maybe she is just a shitty rider, or perhaps dreams of being an Olympian took a backseat once she got the beak and lips fixed.  I can't even remember what she said Anwar's symptoms were from Lyme Disease because she moved on to the next ailment silicone affecting their autoimmune systems.   

You forgot how they wear make up and jewels while being filmed.

A beak ?

You have crossed over the dark side, Madame. Lol

• Love 2

I don't think Bella was good enough. Even if Yolanda couldn't or wouldn't pay for training and horses etc, her father would. He represented Jordan at the 92 Albertville Winter Olympics. He probably paid for the entire Jordanian Team's expenses, he was the entire team.

Erika's entire music career is sort of similar. She's got 8 hits on some "dance club play" chart. It looks like a very niche market, most of the competition who care about that particular chart probably don't have sugar daddies like Mr Girardi, and the rest of the competition on that chart, who can match her resources, wouldn't bother, they're on the chart because their mainstream pop song has been dance remixed. And I don't think creating music to be played in clubs is lucrative either.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 6

Yes just own up to it. On these shows all of these women get so crazy about people talking about them when they arent there, welcome to the world that literally happens all the time. The issue is if people are being assholes, malicious, lying etc. about you that it is the problem, the conversation between Lisa and Kyle didn't seem to be any of that just something that anyone would ask or wonder about. Erika only told Yolanda part of the story but than Yolanda took and even twisted Erika's words.

This all day long. Sometimes people just talk. Sometimes people are suprised and cannot hide it. When Yo announced that the non-Gig's had Lyme, this forum blew up. People couldn't believe it and opinions were loud. Every once in a while, there is something that we simply cannot understand, and this is one of those things. The reaction of the others seemed very real to me. They were hearing this news for the first time, and didn't know what to make of it. They have spent hours with Yo, have heard every single issue involved in her "journey", have in some cases been accused of being crappy friends because of this journey. Yet despite all this, they had never heard this news of the non-Gigi's, which was strange when she told them they had been diagnosed two years ago. In what world would folks not be curious? I, like most people, view these folks mostly as co-workers. I assign many of my opinions of their interactions based on this. Would I be interested if a co-worker was in this situation? Would I be talking about it with my co-workers if I had been brought into this drama on multiple occasions, including implications that I hadn't helped the situation or been supportive? Hell to the "yes". We would all be gathering around and saying "what the fuck"? Throw in the little nugget that one of said co-workers was best friends with the nutters ex-husband, and all eyes would be on that co-worker for more information. This is perhaps the most real part of the whole deal - the honest to God confusion.

I didin't take the conversation as mean-spirited in any manner. This was hardly the lunch that Yo, Lisa and Brandi had at the beginning of S4 when they were laughing behind Kyle's back and saying she could only be a good friend if someone had a house on the market, giddy with the power of their supposed friendship. Or Brandi and Lisa laughing about the state of Adrienne and Paul's marriage, seeming to take delight in the fact that all was probably not well in that union. This was people discussing something that was going on with someone they know well and trying to figure out what to make of it. Erika is the problem here. She didn't tell the whole story, and made it into something it was not, all the while sitting mute while the actual conversation was taking place. 

• Love 21

^^

Kyle in particular could not hide her surprise when Yoyo announced that her kids had Lyme on the bench....

She also was with Yoyo on the yacht when Bella got her dui. Yoyo would have said something to her in private if Bella had health issues, IMO.

• Love 16

I don't think Bella was good enough. Even if Yolanda couldn't or wouldn't pay for training and horses etc, her father would. He represented Jordan at the 92 Albertville Winter Olympics. He probably paid for the entire Jordanian Team's expenses, he was the entire team.

Erika's entire music career is sort of similar. She's got 8 hits on some "dance club play" chart. It looks like a very niche market, most of the competition who care about that particular chart probably don't have sugar daddies like Mr Girardi, and the rest of the competition on that chart, who can match her resources, wouldn't bother, they're on the chart because their mainstream pop song has been dance remixed. And I don't think creating music to be played in clubs is lucrative either.

LOL at the "Jordan and Winter Games". When you are a one person team, it is a vanity thing.

I suspect the Top 10 Club Dance Tunes is music that can be played over and over again without fear of having to pay a royalty? Probably given away for free after a show? I went to a show at the Universal Amphitheater in Lost Angeles once and there was a kid with a back pack giving away CDs with music on it........I remember the name of the band as Spock's Ears - why did he need mine to listen to music?

• Love 2

Eileen. Daytime tv goddess. You are just like us 'real people' !!! You have frumpy handbags and bad back head hair (check out her back hair at the end of her lunch with Kathryn lol). You have a great sense of humour, stick up for your friends (eg LisaR), and you have real life issues with your hubby and kids. My only beef with you is you are drop dead gorgeous so easily!

• Love 17

I bet Erika Jayne songs have very low or no royalty fees.

Mohamed Hadid representing Jordan at the olympics makes me think of the white two people teams who just happen to be representing dot on the map island nations at the summer olympics.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3
2) I am totally on Yolanda's side. If some bitch said her kids weren't sick I don't blame her one bit for wanting find out who it was, nail that down -- and SHUT it down. Damned right!

Except no one technically said that. LVP only stated that their father had told her that they were fine. She probably should have said nothing, and I think she quickly realized that. But Yo is acting as if people actually said, "I know for a fact her kids aren't sick at all and they are all lying". That never happened. 

• Love 21

Or maybe she was just old-school malnourished, if Yolanda had them on a diet of lemons and almonds (not too many almonds, of course).  I wonder about that sometimes, with this family and their ailments that seem to be lack of energy and an inability to think clearly.  Are they eating actual food on a regular basis?

I wondered this as well, especially with Yo's new blog emphasizing that you are what you eat. When I read that I thought, "So.....lemon juice and one half of an almond."

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 11

Next week we see Erika reading the riot act to Lisar about who the person was who mentioned Munchhausen (I assume).  Jesus, drop that!  Of course that is not Yo's problem.  It does not remotely fit!!   Never did!   Tackle her lying and bringing her own kids into the mix if you desire but stop with the M word.  That is what bores me to tears the most.  It takes the focus off what is really going on with her and exactly why she is like a dog with a bone on that.  Stop.  

I would love her to be called out on her dramatics and how on earth she thinks she is educating anyone on LD.  Doctors have a hard time diagnosing and treating it for fuck sake.  You have nothing to add.  

Not wearing make up just makes you look more of a fool.  

And everyone stop walking on eggshells around Yo.  Speak up and tell her what you really think.  And Erika, shut up.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 9

For the love of Pete - I am so incredibly sick of being told what is a true friend and what is a fake friend by Yolanda.  Ya know, Yo, I believe a true friend would tell you that you are cray cray.  If anyone of my TRUE friends felt they needed to support my illness by "experiencing" what I go through, I might drop them as a friend.  Sorry but I really don't think that being frozen shows any support at all.  Support is  -" I hope you feel better." or "Dang, you are getting too obsessed with this and need to find something else in your life to focus on."  Ugh - I just don't get it.  My life is too damn busy to drop everything I am doing to fly people home from surgeries, go to get procedures done and talk 24/7 about your problems.  Yolanda - you are not a true friend - you are a demanding self absorbed drama queen.  I am just so tired of her.

Erika is truly what I thought - a more polished version of Brandi but I am okay with that and she can stay.  Being a liar is always good reality tv and I don't miss that screechy voice one bit. I sort of skip over any parts of her when she is Erika Jane as I don't find it interesting at all - sort of like when Brandi had friends over to watch her ex's show.  I do like it when she is just Erika and actually would like to see more interaction with her and her husband and the other couples.

LisaV, Kyle and Eileen are just fine with me.  I probably prefer Eileen but I will always remember how much I liked Kyle on Little House on the Prairie so I cut her a lot of slack.  I may not remember it properly, but I didn't think Kyle "grilled" LisaV about the kids just was astonished when LisaV indicated they didn't have lymes.

Some days I like LisaR and some days I don't.  I can't take her talking heads and that fake exaggerated laugh of hers.

I loved how Kathryn teased Eileen about her handbag and Eileen response.  Everyone has what they spend their money on.  Handbags are not my thing - when my son was in Asia, I asked him to pick up several "fakes" as I think they are funny and will carry them everywhere - the phonier fake looking bag the better but I will spend several thousands on a great tree or steps in my backyard without a second thought.  Every one does it - we all just pick and choose what we want to spend our cash on. 

• Love 11

I just have to say something. If I'm talking to people and bring up that my son is having issues.....etc. etc. that's my right. But then having others sit around and a later time and debate if it's really "that serious" and trying to turn it over in their heads as if THEIR approval, understanding or curiosity needs to be satisfied as if they needed more to accept the validity of it all. Not to mention the simple CRUX of the matter which is Keep My Kids Name out of your mouths PERIOD!  Ummm nah, I'd be coming for people too. Their health has nothing to do with these women and we as viewers know damn well WHY it was brought up so let's stop picking apart this one's demeanor, who is more at fault, who didn't mean to say what or the exact wording was XYZ. They know they were wrong.

Come on, they agreed to utter these words and tackle this subject because it's expected and it's a part of the reality show tea. I find great offense that they have the nerve to be so defensive of it. They know its not something they should be sitting around discussing at all so all this indignation over how the information got around pisses me off cause how the info traveled and how some details weren't 100% accurate is moot to me. Just introducing the subject is shameful because then it produces THIS! Exactly what's happening ILL WILL and stupid back and forth. Some accountability but resistance to this detail, that detail, pointing fingers, blah blah blah, so these women can miss me with their attitudes over being called out just because certain parts aren't "technically" accurate. That there are details here and there not 100% correct. Whatever, the message is don't be gossiping about my kids health, I could give a rats ass if me coming for you isn't word for word transcript wrapped up in a nice bow . Fuck that! 

That's what gets me about these Housewives show, the point gets muddied because of irrelevant details being picked about that in the overall scheme of things shouldn't detract from the ugliness of the initial offense. Just the introduction of the conversation and that it lasted more than a couple of sentences makes it something that Yolanda was justified in addressing and No I don't think she needs have everything all pretty and exact for her to let these bitches know that it was NOT cool. Point Blank Period.  I get Erika "mishandled" it a bit. Some of the demeanor involved wasn't exactly conveyed thoroughly but come on let's keep it real and not use semantics as a defense. I'm with Erika a bit with what she states in her blog which is these women aren't stupid they know what they said and how the conversation came about. Look, Lisa WAS visibly uncomfortable but that doesn't excuse the misstep. It's not unforgivable to be caught in a conversation that gets away from you however the next move is to be apologetic plain and simple. Don't give me these little details of what's inaccurate about the info I received or try to suss out the source in order to try and dust over what was cruel about the interaction. Nothing wrong with correcting what isn't true but don't then turn it into a discussion about what's wrong with the info shared and stick with what we all know is the overall issue Yolanda was having about it. Which is the women were in deed sitting around discussing the validity of the children's illness wanting to get MORE confirmation about it than just Yolanda's word and that is fucked up!

And yes the way Kyle was going on about it and asking and using specific terms saying things like "so he's saying they don't have Lyme?" Like really? She actually said the words and add Lisa V's discomfort...? Nah that conversation wasn't in the same benign tone from when Kyle was genuinely talking about how her bout with depression and the physical symptoms. Now that was an authentic dialogue that was more about her similar situation and how she can relate to the frustration. But that conversation at the table about the kids? That was deliberate and rude DIGGING, fueled by doubt and I'm sure a paycheck. Plain and simple. So I could care less if the messenger messed up a bit, the info didn't convey body language, or that Yolanda was siting wrong sources. All this crap would even't be happening if these women weren't conducting inappropriate conversations about the health of others.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2

^^

I totally get what you are saying but the problem is, that nobody believes Yolanda at this point and they are trying to out her as a liar.

Of course, they go around about it, RHBH style but that is what they are paid to do.

• Love 5

All this crap would even't be happening if these women weren't conducting inappropriate conversations about the health of others.

Or, from an alternative viewpoint: all of this crap wouldn't have been happening if Yo had never brought up her children's health in the first place. On camera.

• Love 21
I just have to say something. If I'm talking to people and bring up that my son is having issues.....etc. etc. that's my right. But then having others sit around and a later time and debate if it's really "that serious" and trying to turn it over in their heads as if THEIR approval, understanding or curiosity needs to be satisfied as if they needed more to accept the validity of it all. Not to mention the simple CRUX of the matter which is Keep My Kids Name out of your mouths PERIOD!  Ummm nah, I'd be coming for people too. Their health has nothing to do with these women and we as viewers know damn well WHY it was brought up so let's stop picking apart this one's demeanor, who is more at fault, who didn't mean to say what or the exact wording was XYZ. They know they were wrong.

I wouldn't know I was wrong if I was them--I'd think Yolanda was getting on my last nerve. The conversation as just described above was that Kyle perfectly banally asked "And what's going on with the kids?"  This is the only thing going on in Yolanda's life, she thinks everyone should be concerned about it, and she just dropped that oh, her kids have also been suffering all this time. Lisa made it clear she felt a little unsure of the whole thing by saying, "Well, I never heard that, so..."

Of course Kyle's curiosity was peaked by that. Anybody would have heard the implication there that there was something going on in the family. Would a better person have just backed off at that point? Of course--but most people would get probably just be interested and talk about it, especially when she herself is the one making her children's illness actual news that's "educating" everyone. Lisa immediately backtracked after throwing it out, but I think Yolanda's self-righteousness is ridiculous over it. She's pretty much demanding a story where Lisa claimed the kids weren't sick because that's the victim story she wants to play. I wouldn't be surprised, frankly, if along with being annoyed at getting Yolanda mad at him Mohammad was kind of happy to get his own pov out there. 

I think all of these people are tired of Yolanda's constant controlling of how everyone is supposed to be acting all the time that they don't feel the least bit guilty for having an honest reaction to this stuff for a second. Nobody gets to order other people to keep their kids' names out of other peoples' mouths. It's an rule people throw out on reality shows all the time but in actual life that's ridiculous. People are going to talk about someone's kids if the kids do anything that catches their attention, just as somebody like Yolanda has no doubt talked about their kids. Especially since in this case the kids are just accessories to Yolanda's never-ending health journey story. She brought two women to by frozen for a day--that's how important it is that they focus on her and her family's health troubles.

The real issue with Yolanda is that her stories are so conflicting people can't help but discuss them to even figure them out. If Bella simply was, say, diabetic there would be no discussion of exactly what her condition was (though yes, people might say something like "Oh, how she's doing?" "I think it's responding well to insulin--she's still working etc."). It's Yolanda's ever-changing wacky stories and bizarro treatments that people are really talking about. 

• Love 21

After having strange treatments for 4 years you would think that any toxin that was left would be eradicated  by now. Yo is a desperate woman with no job and no new sugar daddy prospect in the works so she has to hang on too her illness for attention.

As for real friendships  in BH I think they just don't happen unless they have something to sell. For example, LVP has to sell her restaurants so she hangs on to Kyle so that Maurico can bring his clients there for expensive lunches. Kyle really has nothing to sell but hangs on to LVP because she is rich otherwise they have nothing really in common. 

• Love 4

The way I see it is it would be entirely appropriate two or three weeks after being told of the kids' Lyme Disease to ask if they have it-as in do they still have it.  Only Yolanda and allegedly her children have this rarified Malibu Lyme Disease that is never cured.  Information readily available through the CDC, just doesn't support Yolanda's criteria of the disease.  Yolanda's condescending and often incorrect dissemination of information about Lyme Disease I would think would cause  a friend of the other parent to inquire how the children are doing. As a friend or even co-worker, I would think it would be wise to look up Lyme Disease and be informed.  The fact that the CDC and many other websites don't support Yolanda's theory and claims to the disease doesn't mean the others are ignorant.  It may just mean they don't want to engage in a discussion intelligent or otherwise with her for fear of reprisals.  Yolanda muddied the waters with her metal toxicity and silicone poisoning.  Is it any wonder these ladies think it is something more than Lyme Disease? At the point when this show was filmed there were photos, posted by Yolanda of her kids leading seemingly an active lifestyle. 

Then there is Erika who also brought up Brandi someone she had never met and claims to have never watched the show.  So Erika, it seems, cannot be trusted with any type of casual conversation.  Her sole goal seems to be the one to stir the pot.  I think she and Yolanda are cut from the same cloth-they both just want to talk about themselves.  Erika throws in a side of Yolanda when she wants to be relevant.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 15

Ericka should have told Lisa R she heard chatter about "the M.B.P words" used in regards to the cheeeldrain and tearfully admit that she engaged in a conversation because she is about being honest and owning it but she didn't know the full story and for that she is so dreadfully sorry. As long as there are enough tears and over enunciated words (mainly "engaged") Lisa R will understand.

• Love 2

^^

I totally get what you are saying but the problem is, that nobody believes Yolanda at this point and they are trying to out her as a liar.

Of course, they go around about it, RHBH style but that is what they are paid to do.

And that's what's despicable about them. I mean pointing out who said what to who is irrelevant. If they are okay following this route ala Megan OC then to me they can't get panties in a bunch about the information getting around or even getting around incompletely. Straight ridiculous to me.

• Love 1

I was pretty taken back that Yolanda wanted LVP to apologize to the non-Gigis for saying their father told them no to the Lyme Disease question.

That was really taking it too far for me. I get being mad that someone is supposedly talking about your children's health. Bringing the medical records is a bit OTT, but I can see someone being desperate to prove they're not making shit up. But what on God's green earth did Lisa do to the non-Gigis that warranted an apology??/ She said nothing about THEM being liars or making shit up. She didn't even technically say that about Yo. She said Mo has never mentioned them having Lymes. But we've never heard the kids talk about it, so there's nothing there to dispute. Maybe YO should apologize to her kids for talking about their medical history on national TV, and giving their records to a non-family member to read through. Just gross.

Hear, hear! I do so agree. There really was nothing actually said except that Lisa understood Mo to have said the kids were OK. Yolanda did indeed put all that out there. That's their private business, and nope, she should not have been dragging their medical records into it. Although I did have a sneaking suspicion she figured Lisa would not have taken them, and just stuffed the envelope with blank paper, LOL.

• Love 13

Or, from an alternative viewpoint: all of this crap wouldn't have been happening if Yo had never brought up her children's health in the first place. On camera.

I never get this logic. She shared the information so now people can overstep boundaries? Hey as viewers we are going to snark but as actual people in this woman's life whether friends, coworkers, acquaintances they SHOULD be held accountable and they shouldn't think that are entitled to this excuse, or that excuse or ANY defense about what they did. It's just all kinds of WOW to me that they even believe they are the one's that should have any grievances in the matter. Kyle, Lisa V (to a lesser extent) and Lisa R have really taken these conversations about Yolanda and her kids health to a very disrespectful place. Yolanda sharing the information doesn't give the others a pass to take it there. Nothing could convince me otherwise. Not Yolanda's ridiculous twitter or instagram. Nothing.

Edited by thewhiteowl
rude
  • Love 2

I wouldn't know I was wrong if I was them--I'd think Yolanda was getting on my last nerve. The conversation as just described above was that Kyle perfectly banally asked "And what's going on with the kids?"  This is the only thing going on in Yolanda's life, she thinks everyone should be concerned about it, and she just dropped that oh, her kids have also been suffering all this time. Lisa made it clear she felt a little unsure of the whole thing by saying, "Well, I never heard that, so..."

Of course Kyle's curiosity was peaked by that. Anybody would have heard the implication there that there was something going on in the family. Would a better person have just backed off at that point? Of course--but most people would get probably just be interested and talk about it, especially when she herself is the one making her children's illness actual news that's "educating" everyone. Lisa immediately backtracked after throwing it out, but I think Yolanda's self-righteousness is ridiculous over it. She's pretty much demanding a story where Lisa claimed the kids weren't sick because that's the victim story she wants to play. I wouldn't be surprised, frankly, if along with being annoyed at getting Yolanda mad at him Mohammad was kind of happy to get his own pov out there. 

I think all of these people are tired of Yolanda's constant controlling of how everyone is supposed to be acting all the time that they don't feel the least bit guilty for having an honest reaction to this stuff for a second. Nobody gets to order other people to keep their kids' names out of other peoples' mouths. It's an rule people throw out on reality shows all the time but in actual life that's ridiculous. People are going to talk about someone's kids if the kids do anything that catches their attention, just as somebody like Yolanda has no doubt talked about their kids. Especially since in this case the kids are just accessories to Yolanda's never-ending health journey story. She brought two women to by frozen for a day--that's how important it is that they focus on her and her family's health troubles.

The real issue with Yolanda is that her stories are so conflicting people can't help but discuss them to even figure them out. If Bella simply was, say, diabetic there would be no discussion of exactly what her condition was (though yes, people might say something like "Oh, how she's doing?" "I think it's responding well to insulin--she's still working etc."). It's Yolanda's ever-changing wacky stories and bizarro treatments that people are really talking about. 

Whatever they feel like talking about. Hey have at it. I'm not at all surprised at Kyle cause I think she's a bitch that likes to talk shit about people whenever she can or gets the juicy chance a la the fucking mean girl she truly is but what I don't get or approve of is the idea that somehow Yolanda is wrong for being annoyed and upset about it. Wrong is wrong and questioning something to this degree is just pathetic and ridiculous. I don't care if there are doubts WHO FUCKING CARES? These women can just smile and nod and keep it moving. I was a hold out about Brooks OC too just on principle alone. I think its so very low caliber when these "crusades" are forged. It's just so sickening to me and I am so fucking tired of the meanspiritedness that surrounds it all.

As for my kid being in someone else's mouth..? If I were on a reality show or in real life and others find it their right to go on about MY child.. Fine. But all I'm saying, better be ready for me to come for you and don't be acting all surprised or annoyed that I am coming VERY FIERCELY I might add for that ass!! It's the reaction to being called out that annoys me the most. Oh you don't like the taste of my fist in your mouth? Really? Hmmm well I figured I'd replace my kids name with something else. I tell ya these BH housewives are damn sure lucky that I'm not apart of the cast cause shut it down?? Hell yeah, IN. A. HEART. BEAT.

Edited by Yours Truly

Bella is over 18 and a public figure. There's no off limits when you're trading on your fame for a modeling career, and also have 2.5 million Instagram followers. She's put herself out there.

ETA: there's always a place for mercy and compassion, but poor ol' 2nd best Bella would be entitled to it in this instance, not Yolanda.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 10

None of these women are running around making up stories about Yolanda's kids not being sick.  Kyle was surprised when Yolanda casually said that Bella and Anwar had LD since that had never been mentioned before.  LisaV has a friendship with Mohammed, had never heard that either, and so she asked him about it.  His reply was that the kids are "fine", and that's according to his very own Instagram.  All LisaV did was repeat what she had been told by Mohammed.  Either Mohammed said more than just "fine" and told Lisa that the kids do not have LD, or Lisa assumed that was what he meant, based on his use of the word "fine", which certainly makes sense and is completely understandable.  She also said that she doesn't know if they do have it or not.  

Perhaps Yolanda should be more concerned about her friend Erika.  She's already decreed that LisaV is a Hollywood friend and not a real friend, so why would she care what Lisa thought or said?  She'd be better off taking a good look at Erika (her "real" friend), who not only lied right to Yolanda's face and misrepresented what she had heard, but who also completely wimped out, did not come to Yolanda's defense in the conversation at the BBQ or the conversation after her show, and without batting an eye said she wasn't the one who had spoken to Yolanda.  Someone who doesn't speak up as my friend and someone who lies so easily would not be someone I would consider a "real friend".  I don't need my friends to be my champion and to fight my battles, but I could never have someone as a friend if I knew I couldn't trust him/her to tell the truth.

If Yolanda doesn't want her kids talked about, then she should shut up about them herself.  Talking about them constantly on national television and in social media is an open invitation for comments and speculation, and she's dumber than I thought if she doesn't realize that.   I really would think that someone who had 2 sick children and was sick herself would have little time or energy to care what other people are saying or thinking.  If my kids were sick, I would be concentrating on that and couldn't care less about nonsense like this.  If your kids are sick, seriously sick, nothing else really matters.  And if it's all 3 of you, even more so.  It certainly seems that none of them are in as dire condition as she would like us to believe since she's managing to work (film) what seems like more than ever, and her children are beginning their own careers. 

If she has the energy to find out who that bitch is, nail it down, and shut it down, then she has more energy than I do, and I'm not claiming to have any kind of chronic illness and I'm certainly not claiming to be "fighting for my life".  Either she's full of shit or her priorities are screwed up.  Personally, I think it's both.

I completely agree!

Regarding the second paragraph:  Why didn't Yolanda bitch out Erika and ask her about being a hommie and having her back when the supposed trashing of her kids went on? Really, why are LisaV and Kyle held to higher standards than Erika who is actually her friend. Most of us know that the conversation did not trash the kids and also know that Yolanda and LisaV/Kyle just put up with each other for work and are work colleagues. I'm sure they care about Yolanda like we care about colleagues. However Erika is supposed to be a real friend and is supposed to be this ballsy woman. Both Yolanda and Erika can sit down and STFU!

Exactly. This is one of the elements that Yo doesn't get. She wants to throw out the friends card, yet apparently she wasn't close enough friends with these people to share that her children were apparently struggling for a couple of years with this disease? She has spent years crying about her own health, about her own struggles, yet she never mentions her fears for her children? Is she really so selfish, that she would go on and on about her own limitations, yet never voice her concerns for her kids? She is posting pictures of Anwar having to carry her sick ass around, garnering all kinds of sympathy, yet not one word about what he is apparently going through? It just makes zero sense to me, and I completely get why the others are more than a little bit shocked. The reality is, they have been nothing but supportive of Yo during all of this. 

So if Anwar has Lyme then why is he having to carry his mom around? Oh wait, is this the photo where when you view it from one direction it looks like he his carrying his sick mom but when viewed from another direction she is laughing with her son. I don't think two working models (Anwar has modeled and seems to be getting into modeling), one of who is athletic and plays sports, is going to help her as the spokespeople for invisible disease. So do the non-Gigis still have it, do they have this mysterious chronic form? Have they been getting treated? Why aren't they bedridden for 5, 7, 9 or more months. Why do they appear asymptomatic (not bedridden like Yolanda, lol) and I don't hear them complaining. Ok, Bella can't drive due to her "Lyme Disease". I am so over this family and I worry that Yolanda will get her wish and end up on her own tv show where she plans to be the next (but better) version of Kris Jenner, of the Kardashians with children rotating dating various celebrities...after she cures herself and her non-Gigis of lyme (and so can you for the low low price of 39.99$). Shoot me now, please!

Invisible disease, whatever the hell that term even mean? Hypertension isn't visible unless you check it, diabetes isn't visible unless you check the blood---lyme has a blood test, MS isn't always visible depending on the patient and when they are examined/seen---in my extensive experience with healthcare, I have never heard the term invisible disease. Is it just a layman's term or something recent or something Yolanda made up--never mind, I googled it and it is a layman's term.

• Love 6

Except no one technically said that. LVP only stated that their father had told her that they were fine. She probably should have said nothing, and I think she quickly realized that. But Yo is acting as if people actually said, "I know for a fact her kids aren't sick at all and they are all lying". That never happened. 

Come on, they agreed to utter these words and tackle this subject because it's expected and it's a part of the reality show tea. I find great offense that they have the nerve to be so defensive of it. They know its not something they should be sitting around discussing at all so all this indignation over how the information got around pisses me off cause how the info traveled and how some details weren't 100% accurate is moot to me. Just introducing the subject is shameful because then it produces THIS! Exactly what's happening ILL WILL and stupid back and forth. Some accountability but resistance to this detail, that detail, pointing fingers, blah blah blah, so these women can miss me with their attitudes over being called out just because certain parts aren't "technically" accurate. That there are details here and there not 100% correct. Whatever, the message is don't be gossiping about my kids health, I could give a rats ass if me coming for you isn't word for word transcript wrapped up in a nice bow . Fuck that! 

That's what gets me about these Housewives show, the point gets muddied because of irrelevant details being picked about that in the overall scheme of things shouldn't detract from the ugliness of the initial offense. Just the introduction of the conversation and that it lasted more than a couple of sentences makes it something that Yolanda was justified in addressing and No I don't think she needs have everything all pretty and exact for her to let these bitches know that it was NOT cool. Point Blank Period.  I get Erika "mishandled" it a bit. Some of the demeanor involved wasn't exactly conveyed thoroughly but come on let's keep it real and not use semantics as a defense. I'm with Erika a bit with what she states in her blog which is these women aren't stupid they know what they said and how the conversation came about. Look, Lisa WAS visibly uncomfortable but that doesn't excuse the misstep. It's not unforgivable to be caught in a conversation that gets away from you however the next move is to be apologetic plain and simple. Don't give me these little details of what's inaccurate about the info I received or try to suss out the source in order to try and dust over what was cruel about the interaction. Nothing wrong with correcting what isn't true but don't then turn it into a discussion about what's wrong with the info shared and stick with what we all know is the overall issue Yolanda was having about it. Which is the women were in deed sitting around discussing the validity of the children's illness wanting to get MORE confirmation about it than just Yolanda's word and that is fucked up!

And yes the way Kyle was going on about it and asking and using specific terms saying things like "so he's saying they don't have Lyme?" Like really? She actually said the words and add Lisa V's discomfort...? Nah that conversation wasn't in the same benign tone from when Kyle was genuinely talking about how her bout with depression and the physical symptoms. Now that was an authentic dialogue that was more about her similar situation and how she can relate to the frustration. But that conversation at the table about the kids? That was deliberate and rude DIGGING, fueled by doubt and I'm sure a paycheck. Plain and simple. So I could care less if the messenger messed up a bit, the info didn't convey body language, or that Yolanda was siting wrong sources. All this crap would even't be happening if these women weren't conducting inappropriate conversations about the health of others.

Kyle said, 'What does Mohammed say" Lisa says, "He says No"  She didn't just say "They're fine."  LVP first said "He says No."  And that little rat Rinna also said in the background, 'That's what I heard." So Rinna can take a seat about not talking about the kids.  

They are all mad that someone talked to Yolanda, but why?  They are gossipy bitches who have been yapping negatively about Yolanda since episode 1.  LVP and Kyle, "Seeeee, I texted her multiple times and she doesn't want to see me."  They don't like her and have been questioning her illness since the beginning. I don't see how Yolanda and her Lyme impact any of them at all. She shows up without makeup, says a few word and leaves. The only way they get impacted it is by their own words - like munchhausen.

I am debating whether LVP let it slip on purpose or if she wishes she had bitten her tongue.  It is so unlike her to be indiscreet.  I can see her wanting to out Yolanda. But I can't see her wanting to anger Mohammed. I can't stand that Kyle is skating and LVP is taking the brunt of the blame for talking about the kids when Kyle was the one who opened the topic and kept asking about it.

Yolanda clearly has been fed tidbits from Erika who said they were talking about the kids' Lyme and probably from the producers that they have all been talking about her. But facts are they were. What they were doing was unseemly. So what if Erika told Yolanda.  Erika should have admitted it and said, "So what? You did it and I told her?  What's the problem?" They are so tiring. You are at an "after party" for her show and all they can talk about is Yolanda?  

Rinna is so happy to have a storyline that she can't wait to exploit it. 

http://www.trashtalktv.com/02/10/rhobh-recap-the-tour-bus-don-rickles-ball-sack-rented/379247/

Trash Talk's recap. 

Lot's more obviously, those who detest Yolanda will really enjoy this one.

ETA fixed tags

You guys, I am so glad so many of you like Ronnie's recaps. I have known him for about 9 years now - we met back when he was running the TVGasm site. When that site closed down, I know he was worried about being able to continue making a living by making fun of the Housewives. Now, not only is his TrashTalk site doing extremely well, but his podcast with Ben is earning them money. Like, more than 1k per episode money - which makes me think that he is actually doing better than Brandi! I told him yesterday that he can no longer refer to himself as a "broken ho" anymore and he said, he still thinks Lisa V. would take one look at him and welcome him into her home so that she could fix him so he still qualifies.

If you guys haven't had a chance to listen to his Podcasts, please check them out on either Soundcloud or Patreone. The podcast is called Watch What Crappens and he and Ben are hilarious in the way they riff on each other.

OK, that is enough plugging for today. Sorry about that. I am just so freaking proud of him. Back to the housewives....

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 18

Whatever they feel like talking about. Hey have at it. I'm not at all surprised at Kyle cause I think she's a bitch that likes to talk shit about people whenever she can or gets the juicy chance a la the fucking mean girl she truly is but what I don't get or approve of is the idea that somehow Yolanda is wrong for being annoyed and upset about it. Wrong is wrong and questioning something to this degree is just pathetic and ridiculous. I don't care if there are doubts WHO FUCKING CARES? These women can just smile and nod and keep it moving. I was a hold out about Brooks OC too just on principle alone. I think its so very low caliber when these "crusades" are forged. It's just so sickening to me and I am so fucking tired of the meanspiritedness that surrounds it all.

As for my kid being in someone else's mouth..? If I were on a reality show or in real life and others find it their right to go on about MY child.. Fine. But all I'm saying, better be ready for me to come for you and don't be acting all surprised or annoyed that I am coming VERY FIERCELY I might add for that ass!! It's the reaction to being called out that annoys me the most. Oh you don't like the taste of my fist in your mouth? Really? Hmmm well I figured I'd replace my kids name with something else. I tell ya these BH housewives are damn sure lucky that I'm not apart of the cast cause shut it down?? Hell yeah, IN. A. HEART. BEAT.

You are expecting too much from this group of people.

They are not honorable nor even discrete.

Of course, it is in bad taste to discuss at length and gossip about other's people children but I bet you, there is people like that in your own circle, IRL.

I think that some people do it out of meanness like you said and other because they are curious.

It is only human nature, IMO.

• Love 5

Bella is over 18 and a public figure. There's no off limits when you're trading on your fame for a modeling career, and also have 2.5 million Instagram followers. She's put herself out there.

ETA: there's always a place for mercy and compassion, but poor ol' 2nd best Bella would be entitled to it in this instance, not Yolanda.

Great point! The word children keeps making me think they are 5 or 10 years old. I know they are her children but one is an adult and the other is almost and adult.

Not that anyone is trashing the children! I do think that YoWoe telling everyone the non-Gigi's have Lyme made everyone concerned about them.

• Love 7

So what. I never get this logic. She shared the information so now people can overstep boundaries? Hey as viewers we are going to snark but as actual people in this woman's life whether friends, coworkers, acquaintances they SHOULD be held accountable and they shouldn't think that are entitled to this excuse, or that excuse or ANY defense about what they did. It's just all kinds of WOW to me that they even believe they are the one's that should have any grievances in the matter. Kyle, Lisa V (to a lesser extent) and Lisa R have really taken these conversations about Yolanda and her kids health to a very disrespectful place. Yolanda sharing the information doesn't give the others a pass to take it there. Nothing could convince me otherwise. Not Yolanda's ridiculous twitter or instagram. Nothing.

I agree.  We aren't this woman's co-workers or friends.  We are anonymous posters on a board. But as people who come into face-to-face contact and who supposedly love her children, LVP shouldn't be discussing her children's health on tv.  It would be like Yolanda saying season 1 (if she were on) "I heard Max didn't go to Idaho to escape bad-influence friends like LVP said but really went to rehab himself."  Adrienne put it out there that she gave birth to the twins on air and Brandi was pissed and told the truth. Was that crossing the line?  IRL absolutely.  

I really don't care one way or the other when it comes down to it for the show.  I think it moves the storyline.  These fools sign up for this shit.  LVP/Kyle/Rinna did it and should be called out for it.  And Yolanda has the right to be pissed IRL if people are talking shit about her kids' health. I would be.  Even if I were nutty and being duped by a nutty quack Dr. 

I don't get the whole pile on of Yolanda.  I don't care about all the stuff on instagram and whatnot because it isn't a huge part of the show.  She really isn't a big part of the show - she blows in with a few tears, goes to a dr., dentist, surgeon, and blows out, yet still there is so much talk about her.  She is like Porsha - she is giving the other women life. Haha. They can't keep her name out of their mouths.  If they would, she would have even fewer scenes.  I think LVP realizes it and is trying to do it, but Kyle and Rinna won't let it die.

• Love 1

You are expecting too much from this group of people.

They are not honorable nor even discrete.

Of course, it is in bad taste to discuss at length and gossip about other's people children but I bet you, there is people like that in your own circle, IRL.

I think that some people do it out of meanness like you said and other because they are curious.

It is only human nature, IMO.

And it's human nature for a person to be upset about it and to address it. What I don't approve of is denying Yolanda the right to be upset and to call it out. Or that she needs to have every morsel of information lined up perfectly and accurately before she shares her displeasure over it all. One of my biggest pet peeves is people getting caught talking shit, someone confronts them on it and then turns it into some back and forth messy exchange complete with their own aggressive defensiveness about being confronted as if it's more offensive that they've been confronted than them being the piece of shit that created the negativity in the first place. It's just so childish to me and I don't give these women a pass just because it's in their contract to behave like complete and utterly useless assholes.

• Love 2

I agree.  We aren't this woman's co-workers or friends.  We are anonymous posters on a board. But as people who come into face-to-face contact and who supposedly love her children, LVP shouldn't be discussing her children's health on tv.  It would be like Yolanda saying season 1 (if she were on) "I heard Max didn't go to Idaho to escape bad-influence friends like LVP said but really went to rehab himself."  Adrienne put it out there that she gave birth to the twins on air and Brandi was pissed and told the truth. Was that crossing the line?  IRL absolutely.  

I really don't care one way or the other when it comes down to it for the show.  I think it moves the storyline.  These fools sign up for this shit.  LVP/Kyle/Rinna did it and should be called out for it.  And Yolanda has the right to be pissed IRL if people are talking shit about her kids' health. I would be.  Even if I were nutty and being duped by a nutty quack Dr. 

I don't get the whole pile on of Yolanda.  I don't care about all the stuff on instagram and whatnot because it isn't a huge part of the show.  She really isn't a big part of the show - she blows in with a few tears, goes to a dr., dentist, surgeon, and blows out, yet still there is so much talk about her.  She is like Porsha - she is giving the other women life. Haha. They can't keep her name out of their mouths.  If they would, she would have even fewer scenes.  I think LVP realizes it and is trying to do it, but Kyle and Rinna won't let it die.

They are piling on because like sharks they smell blood.

They might also be aggravated that she got a diamond and do absolutely nothing (in their opinion)

Or because she is simply insufferable even by BH standards.

And it's human nature for a person to be upset about it and to address it. What I don't approve of is denying Yolanda the right to be upset and to call it out. Or that she needs to have every morsel of information lined up perfectly and accurately before she shares her displeasure over it all. One of my biggest pet peeves is people getting caught talking shit, someone confronts them on it and then turns it into some back and forth messy exchange complete with their own aggressive defensiveness about being confronted as if it's more offensive that they've been confronted than them being the piece of shit that created the negativity in the first place. It's just so childish to me and I don't give these women a pass just because it's in their contract to behave like complete and utterly useless assholes.

Yes . She absolutely has a right to come for them and judging from the previews, she does.
  • Love 2

No one was upset with Rinna when she talked about Anwar saying how handsome he was and her daughter had a crush on him.  Let's pretend Bella and Anwar were in a car accident and injured.  Three weeks later LVP aksed Mohamed how they were doing-would Yolanda come unglued if he said-"oh they are fine?"  No Yolanda, who gets equal if not more film time, goes nutso because she thinks if her kids, who she publicly announced have some rare form of Lyme disease, are pronounced fine, it is somehow an affront to her.

So yea these people do talk of each others' children.

BTW where was Yolanda's support for LVP when she was accused of fake fainting.  IIRC she pretty much demonized her on the beach-without regrd for LVP's low blood pressure and frail condition.

• Love 16

So what. I never get this logic. She shared the information so now people can overstep boundaries? Hey as viewers we are going to snark but as actual people in this woman's life whether friends, coworkers, acquaintances they SHOULD be held accountable and they shouldn't think that are entitled to this excuse, or that excuse or ANY defense about what they did. It's just all kinds of WOW to me that they even believe they are the one's that should have any grievances in the matter. Kyle, Lisa V (to a lesser extent) and Lisa R have really taken these conversations about Yolanda and her kids health to a very disrespectful place. Yolanda sharing the information doesn't give the others a pass to take it there. Nothing could convince me otherwise. Not Yolanda's ridiculous twitter or instagram. Nothing.

How have any of them taken "her kids health to a very disrespectful place"? They were floored by Yolanda's announcement that 2 of her kids also have LD and have had it almost as long as she has yet this is the first she speaks about it to anyone. Not once did they call Yolanda a liar or say that she was making shit up, not once. They did ask LisaV if she had heard anything from her good friend Mohamed, the kids father, and she said no. Then when asked a second time at Kyle's BBQ she replied what Mohamed told her the "kids were fine", something HE corroborated via twitter, and she added that if Yolanda said they were sick, that was good enough for her. How was that disrespectful? How was that unkind, mean, nasty because in my world, it was not. Now, had LisaV, or any of them called Yolanda a liar or claimed they had proof the kids were not sick, then I could agree with you, otherwise, the conversation didn't cross any line of decency IMO.

So you have never asked a friend how so and sos child is when you heard they were sick? Because that is what happened IMO.

Kyle said, 'What does Mohammed say" Lisa says, "He says No"  She didn't just say "They're fine."  LVP first said "He says No."  And that little rat Rinna also said in the background, 'That's what I heard." So Rinna can take a seat about not talking about the kids.  

They are all mad that someone talked to Yolanda, but why?  They are gossipy bitches who have been yapping negatively about Yolanda since episode 1.  LVP and Kyle, "Seeeee, I texted her multiple times and she doesn't want to see me."  They don't like her and have been questioning her illness since the beginning. I don't see how Yolanda and her Lyme impact any of them at all. She shows up without makeup, says a few word and leaves. The only way they get impacted it is by their own words - like munchhausen.

I am debating whether LVP let it slip on purpose or if she wishes she had bitten her tongue.  It is so unlike her to be indiscreet.  I can see her wanting to out Yolanda. But I can't see her wanting to anger Mohammed. I can't stand that Kyle is skating and LVP is taking the brunt of the blame for talking about the kids when Kyle was the one who opened the topic and kept asking about it.

Yolanda clearly has been fed tidbits from Erika who said they were talking about the kids' Lyme and probably from the producers that they have all been talking about her. But facts are they were. What they were doing was unseemly. So what if Erika told Yolanda.  Erika should have admitted it and said, "So what? You did it and I told her?  What's the problem?" They are so tiring. You are at an "after party" for her show and all they can talk about is Yolanda?  

Rinna is so happy to have a storyline that she can't wait to exploit it. 

They are mad that whoever talked to Yolanda didn't relay the whole conversation, making it sound like they were attacking her children which is a lie AND that someone else, who was innocent, was intentionally blamed to cause problems between them.

As for why LisaV showed Kyle that she had reached out to Yolanda BEFORE filming began? She did it because Yolanda has used that claim before against Lisa like a sword to cut Lisa's head off with the "Hollywood friend" cry!

Yes, Yolanda's constant "I'm sick, fighting for my life" act DOES impact the other HWs. They can NOT confront her on her many lies and attacks on them because they will look like uncaring harpies if they do so and Yolanda knows this and is using it to the max to rip the others apart.

• Love 21
Whatever they feel like talking about. Hey have at it. I'm not at all surprised at Kyle cause I think she's a bitch that likes to talk shit about people whenever she can or gets the juicy chance a la the fucking mean girl she truly is but what I don't get or approve of is the idea that somehow Yolanda is wrong for being annoyed and upset about it.

She's wrong because she was making stuff up that wasn't true to create drama. The conversation at the barbecue was in no way Lisa and Kyle saying they knew the kids' actual medication condition and saying Yolanda is just lying (that's just the subtext Yolanda keeps tripping over). They exchanged a few words where Lisa was obviously doubtful about what was going on with the kids and Kyle was curious but didn't know what was said. In Yolanda's version Lisa was setting herself up as the kids' doctor and announcing that they didn't have anything and Yolanda was lying and here's medical records to prove it.

As gossip goes, that was barely gossip. Yolanda wants it to be more because that's her storyline about herself, that she's the spokeswoman helping people with this terrible disease and she has to deal with people not believing her about everything she says about her health and her kids health. And they don't, but that's because her stories don't line up. Had she just said her kid was diagnosed with Lyme there would probably not be anything more than "Oh, poor not-Gigi. I hope she feels better." But since it's part of Yolanda's constant saga of different health situations ("Have you seen my medicine room full of pills? Here, step into my medical freezing chamber...") that don't match up with anything else. So I think it's hilarious watching people not stick to her script. "Oh, how are the kids who Yolanda now says have been also having a big medical journey the past few years? You're friends with their dad, what did he say?" "He said...no." 

Yolanda wants people to be discussing her story as a courageous woman with the worst disease in the world, but yes, Yolanda the fantasist is ultimately the juicier story.

• Love 13