Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Please Welcome Erika Jayne!

• Start Topic

I am a big fan of putting a disposal seatcover on the floor and setting my bag on that-no worries about someone reaching over and grabbing your bag.

Pure genius! 

I use seat covers as TP when there isn't any TP, and for drying my hands when there are no paper towels.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 3

It absolutely horrifies me that I know this, but JLo's craters are still there. They're a little bit less noticeable, I think she gets fillers in them. Her cheek-crater, along with Jennifer Aniston's nose crater, is actually one of the things that made me realize that there are limits to what can be done. Because if there was any way to get rid of craters completely, JLo would have done it. 

Photographic evidence: 

http://www.gotceleb.com/wp-content/uploads/celebrities/jennifer-lopez/2014-fox-all-star-party-in-pasadena/Jennifer-Lopez:-2014-Fox-All-Star-Party--08.jpg

http://media2.popsugar-assets.com/files/2010/01/03/3/192/1922398/spl152031_010wtmk/i/Photos-Jennifer-Lopez-Book-Launch-NYC.jpg

PS. Probably my weirdest hobby is looking at HD close-ups of skin. Erika's is pretty great. In extreme close-ups you can see that it's getting a little bit coarser, but aside from that it's very even. And her use of filler and botox is masterful, it's really rare to see someone that age with no wrinkles, who still doesn't look freakish in close-ups (Nicole Kidman is one of the worst offenders).

erika has good skin to start with and she also has an awesome beauty squad.
  • Love 2

I am a big fan of putting a disposal seatcover on the floor and setting my bag on that-no worries about someone reaching over and grabbing your bag.

I had forgotten a slang term for the paper seat covers - it makes me laugh like a maniac every time I hear it.

Ass gasket.    

I can't even see it spelled out and it sends me into fits of laughter.

• Love 4
I'll remember that - When I leer at the women who want to be looked at?

Well, there's a difference between leering and just looking, but if leering is your thing...*shrugs* ​ (I don't understand the parallel being made with what happened in the episode, but whatevs.)

• Love 2

Dear God but Erika is boring as hell!  Maybe there was more to her show than we saw, but the audience looked totally bored.

Also, if I was Lisar, I would be pissed that my name was being thrown around too.  YoFro is a nutjob and needs to stay off of my television.  I do follow her on Instagram for the entertainment value though.  Hahaha

• Love 2

It absolutely horrifies me that I know this, but JLo's craters are still there. They're a little bit less noticeable, I think she gets fillers in them. Her cheek-crater, along with Jennifer Aniston's nose crater, is actually one of the things that made me realize that there are limits to what can be done. Because if there was any way to get rid of craters completely, JLo would have done it. 

Photographic evidence: 

http://www.gotceleb.com/wp-content/uploads/celebrities/jennifer-lopez/2014-fox-all-star-party-in-pasadena/Jennifer-Lopez:-2014-Fox-All-Star-Party--08.jpg

http://media2.popsugar-assets.com/files/2010/01/03/3/192/1922398/spl152031_010wtmk/i/Photos-Jennifer-Lopez-Book-Launch-NYC.jpg

PS. Probably my weirdest hobby is looking at HD close-ups of skin. Erika's is pretty great. In extreme close-ups you can see that it's getting a little bit coarser, but aside from that it's very even. And her use of filler and botox is masterful, it's really rare to see someone that age with no wrinkles, who still doesn't look freakish in close-ups (Nicole Kidman is one of the worst offenders).

What craters?

• Love 2

I've been wondering throughout this episode, as you said, why anyone would go to this show - most especially gays. Call me clueless, but I don't see how a woman walking around "seductively patting the puss" would appeal to gay guys. I know gays like Cher and other chanteuses, but their gigs are focused on music and singing, (and they actually have musical ability) not so much parading about breathing "hot" songs and exhibitionism.

I have the same question.....what does Erika Jayne do for gay men?

• Love 2

Erika Jayne's back up dancer greeted LVP with a, "slap it" (referring to his ass). As he turned around and wiggled it, LVP did slap his ass- which he gave her verbal permission to do so. I don't understand the parallel of leering at women?

If a woman were to wear a thong and ask a man to slap her ass and he did (possibly at a Burlesque show or something?), then that's perfectly fine- verbal consent and all. (Assuming that both are adults and able to give consent.)

I don't know why anyone would be up in arms about two consenting adults engaging in consensual behavior? I guess I'm just dense, because I don't see the outrage with either gender.

Should we be outraged that a performer asked LVP to slap his ass and she did? I don't know, but I'm not.

By the way these women grab each others boobs and butts all the time with no permission given, but I suppose that's different because they're all women? I don't know, I'm confused by the problem.

Perhaps someone saw something that I missed that was inappropriate?

Yolanda is absolutely nuts, and taking cues from Aviva. (Echoing everyone here.)

I can't help it, I think Kyle (THE WORST) is a sexy, beautiful woman. She looked better dancing than Erika!

Lisar- "She could be Britney!" You were too kind. Yes, perhaps the Brit-Brit that went back to performing too quickly, when she appeared in Vegas or embarrassed herself at the VMAs/MTV awards.

Eileen- "Who the hell said that about Yolanda!?" Her hair looked on point in that scene. And I'm not usually on the Eileen-hair-train.

I didn't like Eileen's or Lisar's outfits, but they seemed to feel good in them so that's all that matters.

Hated Erika Jayne's performance outfit, but she looked hot in her after-party outfit. The after-party was so childish, with everyone knowing who told Yolanda and just waiting for the "child" to fess up. I thought Erika Giardi handled that one like a kid would handle eating the last cookie. (I apologize if that exact phrase was used earlier in the thread- these ladies aren't giving me much to work with here.)

LVP- Color me shocked that she doesn't like the C-word. All I remember her wearing from this episode was a fitted white button-up shirt.

Did brunch at Katherine's happen during this episode? If so much to say. If not- never mind. Anyone think that Katherine was serious about trying to get a placard, and claimed to be joking after the backlash. She seemed dead-serious.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 2

I have the same question.....what does Erika Jayne do for gay men?

It's what gay men do for her? She is the kind of person who surrounds themselves with people who she lords over. She collects people - yes people - and discards them just as easily? She's another idiot that thinks in the 'her gays' frame of mind.

• Love 1

There is nothing that shows that Erika collects and discards people.  She seems to really like the dancers she works with and her assistant. Where is she discarding people?  I don't see her calling them "My Gays!" like Sonja.  She has a gay following and performs in gay venues and at gay pride. 

• Love 1

There is nothing that shows that Erika collects and discards people.  She seems to really like the dancers she works with and her assistant. Where is she discarding people?  I don't see her calling them "My Gays!" like Sonja.  She has a gay following and performs in gay venues and at gay pride. 

She claims to be the Queen of the Gays.  Now that is offensive.  And yes it was brought on by her hired help.

• Love 3

It's what gay men do for her? She is the kind of person who surrounds themselves with people who she lords over. She collects people - yes people - and discards them just as easily? She's another idiot that thinks in the 'her gays' frame of mind.

I agree with what motivates her, but I'm still confused about what's in it for the guys?

• Love 2

Her singing was awful, the act tired and old, and WHAT dance moves?  The audience looked bored and barely clapped, she's a back up I think, not a headliner, and frankly, I seriously don't get why on earth an actual female is doing this for gay men.  Drag queens usually do this kind of thing, and that I understand, but Erika's act seems more geared to a dark, sleazy "gentleman's club" and frankly, I don't think they would clap either.  They'd be waiting for the strippers. 

• Love 9

She collects people that will tell her what she wants to hear and if you come to her with something she doesn't want to talk about?  She really tried hard to distance herself from the group and the 'accusations' that she was the one that spoke to yoyo about the kids.....she is a superficial person that really isn't hard to figure out?

• Love 3

I've been wondering throughout this episode, as you said, why anyone would go to this show - most especially gays. Call me clueless, but I don't see how a woman walking around "seductively patting the puss" would appeal to gay guys. I know gays like Cher and other chanteuses, but their gigs are focused on music and singing, (and they actually have musical ability) not so much parading about breathing "hot" songs and exhibitionism.

See Spears, Britney. 

I agree with what motivates her, but I'm still confused about what's in it for the guys?

I think it needs to be clarified, she is popular with gay men with poor taste, who frequent dance clubs and drink copious amounts of alcohol.  Maybe because it is a show like performance as opposed to someone basing their performance on say- talent.  It gives me the creeps because she is stereotyping gay men. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

Could it possibly be the same reason that gay men love Cher, Madonna, Tina Turner, the late Judy Garland, and even Beyoncé?  I had a gay cousin who worshipped Diana Ross.  I think that might be what's going on with Erika Jayne even though she's not even remotely as talented as any of the ladies I mentioned.

• Love 1

So, what do gay men adore about the late Judy Garland, Liza Minelli, Erika Jayne and the rest?  I've never understood it either, and I still don't get it.  They shout and cheer for these women and clearly adore them, yet they don't care for women as sexual partners.  Something must have been lacking in my sex education classes, or "health" classes, as they were known back in 7th and 8th grades! 

The EJ persona -all that fluff for a three song set - shows that it's just a vanity thing for her. The reason that gay men are fans of Liza, Cher and other women singers is that they enjoy the talent and in Liza M's case? The tragedy of her mom and the drama in her life...

I just have a problem with the term "My Gays". I know it's used as a kind of joke/punchline in some cases, but  It demeans a group of people and  suggests that you will use them for your own benefit.  

• Love 5
Could it possibly be the same reason that gay men love Cher, Madonna, Tina Turner, the late Judy Garland, and even Beyoncé?  I had a gay cousin who worshipped Diana Ross.  I think that might be what's going on with Erika Jayne even though she's not even remotely as talented as any of the ladies I mentioned.

In all those cases I think it's got a lot to do with their presentation-for instance, many of them have a theatricality and diva-ness about them over which they seem to have complete control. Judy Garland, otoh, had an air of vulnerability and tragedy to her.

I think the confusion about Erika Jayne is not just that she's not talented but that she seems to have a persona crafted to appeal to straight men. Her femininity seems to be really Playboy-like. Very different from all the other women mentioned who all have personas that are about them as women unto themselves. 

• Love 5

There seems to be a constant connection with wanna-be star Ho'Wives doing shows in gay venues.  I will not forget the Divine Ms Z and her fittingly Grade-Z performance at a gay festival.  I am prepared to bet that the guys in the audience and on-stage are paid to be there or at least given a huuuuuge amount of free alcohol.  You'd have to be blasted to sit through this shit.

Edited by quaintirene
  • Love 2

In all those cases I think it's got a lot to do with their presentation-for instance, many of them have a theatricality and diva-ness about them over which they seem to have complete control. Judy Garland, otoh, had an air of vulnerability and tragedy to her.

I think the confusion about Erika Jayne is not just that she's not talented but that she seems to have a persona crafted to appeal to straight men. Her femininity seems to be really Playboy-like. Very different from all the other women mentioned who all have personas that are about them as women unto themselves. 

I can't speak for men straight or gay but what is the attraction to seeing someone having a camera crew and group of men hanging around her while she talks about airing out or coloring her lady parts?  Other than the comedic value of watching her wither about I don't even see a Anna Nicole value and certainly not even a Pamela Anderson or Marilyn Monroe vibe.  She just looks like a fixed up Barbie doll with horrible taste in clothes, music and make-up.  She seems like what Madison Avenue would have created for a sex symbol circa 1965.   

• Love 2

So, what do gay men adore about the late Judy Garland, Liza Minelli, Erika Jayne and the rest?  I've never understood it either, and I still don't get it.  They shout and cheer for these women and clearly adore them, yet they don't care for women as sexual partners.

You don't have to want to sleep with someone to "shout, cheer and clearly adore" a person with talent who is entertaining you. Although, I'm loosely including Erika Jayne in that talent part, lol!

Edited by emma675d

She collects people that will tell her what she wants to hear and if you come to her with something she doesn't want to talk about?  She really tried hard to distance herself from the group and the 'accusations' that she was the one that spoke to yoyo about the kids.....she is a superficial person that really isn't hard to figure out?

I like to take my time to figure things out. I think we haven't seen enough of Erika to determine whether she is a superficial person or not. I think she has read LVP pretty well this season. She didn't fallen into the trap of Rinna at the "after party" by getting into a big drama-fest/HW fight which Kyle and Rinna were both itching for. IMO she didn't "try hard" to distance herself - I think she made a clear choice that she wasn't talking about it at her event - her HW air time.  She is calculating.  Doesn't mean she isn't superficial too, but I haven't seen that yet. She likes to sing and dance and has the money to indulge that frivolous avocation.  But she also raised a son to be a police officer who isn't hanging around Pump or living off his parents coattails.

• Love 2

I like to take my time to figure things out. I think we haven't seen enough of Erika to determine whether she is a superficial person or not. I think she has read LVP pretty well this season. She didn't fallen into the trap of Rinna at the "after party" by getting into a big drama-fest/HW fight which Kyle and Rinna were both itching for. IMO she didn't "try hard" to distance herself - I think she made a clear choice that she wasn't talking about it at her event - her HW air time.  She is calculating.  Doesn't mean she isn't superficial too, but I haven't seen that yet. She likes to sing and dance and has the money to indulge that frivolous avocation.  But she also raised a son to be a police officer who isn't hanging around Pump or living off his parents coattails.

There is a pejorative term for women like her. I don't particularly like it, but it fits her to a tee. I don't have anything invested in any kind of relationship with her and there is no way that she'd ever want me as a friend or associate. (She'd never sink THAT low). She will go on doing what she does, whatever I say or think really doesn't matter in the long run. 

• Love 2

I don't get the Yolanda/Erika friendship. Both women are so self-involved that I ca't imagine that an actual conversation between them ever occurs...just parallel monologues about themselves.

I really doubt that they are friends in real life, Yolanda expects way too much and Erika is way too self-involved with "Erika Jayne" to have time for Yolanda's neediness. I am not sure that they ever met before filming began, remember Yolanda thought EJ's music was appropriate for the Pope and on par with AB, Yolanda said that David/Tom "know" each other but even I find that suspect as Tom's law practice is not something that David would ever need or be involved with. I think they are "show/producer" friends at best. LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4

Erika has said she has performed all of her life-I wonder what her elementary school act looked like?

On Talent Night her teachers didn't appreciate it when she "pat the puss, pat the puss, pat the puss."

• Love 7

I don't get the Yolanda/Erika friendship. Both women are so self-involved that I ca't imagine that an actual conversation between them ever occurs...just parallel monologues about themselves.

Both try to make a point of thinking what they do/say has importance in the niches they have invented?

One is a diva and multi charting entertainer and the other is a world renowned expert and victim of disease? Both Number One in their respective fields?

I can see one talking about 'playing' at some club in Europe and the other talking about the same city, except they were there for a 'consult'?

Erika has said she has performed all of her life-I wonder what her elementary school act looked like?

LOLOL!  I wouldn't know, but those innocent little grade school boys got a heck of an early education.  I've heard that back then, girls were highly embarrassed if someone told them their slip was showing.  I suppose Erika wore a lace-trimmed slip under her dress and allowed an inch or two to show at the bottom.  The boys probably blushed and covered their eyes or giggled and pointed at her.  Little Erika probably removed her socks and twirled them in a circle over her head. I'd guess she wore black patent shoes that reflected everything above them.  Little Erika Jaynie knew even then what she wanted to be when she grew up!

• Love 3

imo it's as simple as "I'll get you on the show and you have my back," or "You get me on the show and I'll have your back," depending on who came up with the idea.
  • Love 2

Because THEY have talent?

imo it's as simple as "I'll get you on the show and you have my back," or "You get me on the show and I'll have your back," depending on who came up with the idea.

At least it seems to be working because its comically gone very back in the past. Example: Brandi

• Love 1

How's about the "I'll have your back if you introduce me to your record producer hubby"?

• Love 4

IDK Purses are just a necessary thing to me but if I were really wealthy and viewed them as a status symbol, I'd drop some big bucks on them but I'm not and I don't. If you are and you do, have at it. I could not care less.

I feel the same - if I could justify it, I would, but I can't, and I'm glad there are those who can afford it, because I can drool over theirs.

But, dang, those Birkins are ugly! Someone really scored a coup making them into such a status symbol.

• Love 2

So, what do gay men adore about the late Judy Garland, Liza Minelli, Erika Jayne and the rest?  I've never understood it either, and I still don't get it.  They shout and cheer for these women and clearly adore them, yet they don't care for women as sexual partners.  Something must have been lacking in my sex education classes, or "health" classes, as they were known back in 7th and 8th grades! 

Maybe it's the same twisted logic as why straight men get off on lesbians making out.  There is no way they will be asked to join in, but they sure love to watch.

• Love 1

I can't speak for men straight or gay but what is the attraction to seeing someone having a camera crew and group of men hanging around her while she talks about airing out or coloring her lady parts?  Other than the comedic value of watching her wither about I don't even see a Anna Nicole value and certainly not even a Pamela Anderson or Marilyn Monroe vibe. 

When I re-watched the segment about her getting 'painted' I thought about the medieval queens who had people powder their smelly bodies as they stood there with arms extended. I had to laugh at the tramp stamp too. I wonder if that was before or after she became the Mrs.?

David Foster is a music producer. I can see Erika kissing Yolanda's fresh as a daisy anus just to network with David.
  • Love 3

While not a divorce lawyer YoYo also might have figured having a quid pro quo relationship with someone like Girardi could be a good thing since I'm betting the divorce with her King was well in the works of her 10 % mind before the show even started to film.  I strongly suspect that she planned to give the marriage a toss exactly when she did.  Not just because it would raise her victimhood status and help cloud whatever the show decided to air but she also knew she would be doing her best to make as much of her illness on camera which meant she would also have the poor sick YoYo as her public persona and even if she was the one initiating the divorce would also be seen as the victim. 

Divorcing woman of record producer makes friends with aspiring recording artist wife of a well connected lawyer?  Seems like a match made in a Lemon Grove to me.

• Love 2

God, I can't stand Yolanda. One would think that with everyone in her family leaving her (her daughter's moved to New York/Europe, her son moved in with his Dad, and King David, apparently, just stopped coming home) Yo would at least exhibit some humility or, more appropriately, take herself off TV entirely. Nope, not Yolanda. She drags herself out of bed, trades her white robe for white slacks, and moves on to the next group: the other Housewives. For someone so "ill" she sure can dominate a conversation with her self-righteous bullshit. Her co-workers need to stop letting her chastise them for no reason and send her home; or, better yet, let her jump off the balcony, as she keeps threatening to do. Everyone is so afraid of offending Yolanda (despite the fact that she is, at the very least, exaggerating her symptoms/illness[es]), that they constantly apologize for OTHER PEOPLE doubting her self-diagnoses. My favorite moment? When it is pointed out that Yolanda often contradicts herself, Yo then blames "Lyme Disease Brain", and no one questions this assertion. Jeez, ladies. Send Yolanda back to bed and move on to your otherwise interesting lives.

• Love 5

I think I understand Erika and her alterego a little bit better after seeing her prick husband embarass her at dinner with the Vanderpoops.  She's probably lonely and that's a way in which she definitely has a voice.  Her calling him "the boss" makes much more sense, too.  Doesn't appear that they're equals, at least not in his eyes.  I think it's much more of an arrangement than a marriage.  

Edited to add...I actually feel sorry for her now.  

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 3

I would have wanted LisaV to take the so-called medical records and give them to Mohammed.  Surely, he must know a real doctor or two he could ask to look them over and see if the kids had ever been seen and treated by a real doctor, or just charlatans. 

Mo should also go over to that drug closet and get that shit tested in a lab so he knows what poisons Yo is feeding the non-Gigi's when she can get her hands on them.  Not kidding; that stuff is full of lead, depending on where she got it from.

I wish Lisa would have been thinking and did just that with those records.

I just thought the irony was thick on this one. Mohamed puts out a statement saying he would never dare to speak about his children's health in a restaurant.

Yolanda, however, is special.

That bitch brings the records right to the restaurant, opens them up and demands they be read and discussed in the middle of lunch.

• Love 5