Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Do Not Disturb

Haha, now I'm thinking of other things Aria could say about Shower.

"Bitch can crochet!"

"Bitch can text!"

"Bitch can play the harp!"

I would also love if they spied on her and she was doing a cat's cradle with string or speed cubing.

This is probably going to be better than what Sara's reveal actually is. The show may try to make her Jenna but she will never be Jenna!

• Love 1

Now I wish they would do the big reveal about Sara faking her hand injury by having the girls follow her into New York and then seeing her play the violin with the symphony. Ha and Jenna will be there playing her creepy flute too.

Other possibilities: they will go to a Broadway show and Sara will be on the corner of the stage as the ASL interpreter. Or Hanna gets another job working for some fashion bitch and she will get sent to Europe where she will find Sara sitting in a nunnery expertly weaving intricate lace. Or Sara has a side job as a telegraph operator. Maybe they will walk into a yarn store and find her knitting blankets for the homeless. The girls all get summer jobs at the Malibu Sands Beach Club and see Sara playing volleyball.

I want to know exactly what Shower's injury is. Like she has no tactile sensation in her fingers so she can't feel what she's touching? Or her hands are paralyzed?

Who puts her gloves on her in the morning? How does she wipe after she goes to the bathroom? How does she open the door to her hotel room to enter and leave? Does her man servant apply her lip balm for her? Why does she need to wear gloves anyway? Did her skin turn green? How does she shower? Does she just stand under the hot water and hope that most of the dirt rinses off? Are all of her clothes button and zipper free now?

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 8

I want to know exactly what Shower's injury is. Like she has no tactile sensation in her fingers so she can't feel what she's touching? Or her hands are paralyzed?

Who puts her gloves on her in the morning? How does she wipe after she goes to the bathroom? How does she open the door to her hotel room to enter and leave? Does her man servant apply her lip balm for her? Why does she need to wear gloves anyway? Did her skin turn green? How does she shower? Does she just stand under the hot water and hope that most of the dirt rinses off? Are all of her clothes button and zipper free now?

Those are all really great questions -- questions that the writers never even gave a single thought about when retconning this whole burnt hands situation. How did she get her tight pants on ? The sleeves on her jacket in that scene with Alison had zippers on them.  And she can apparently move her thumbs.  How does she get those gloves off and back on to those plastic hands in the drawers ?  And if she is faking the burnt hands situation that actually makes things worse, because the producers went out of their way to whip up an incredibly stupid flashback that either wasn't true at all (which, come on, it really wasn't true) or a mass hallucination by the PLLs or some such other bullshit.

Plus, the whole "our security company backs up the tapes remotely to a hard drive" just confirms that all the security footage is in fact digital, can be easily copied over the Internet, and there are no actual security "tapes", so I wish they would stop calling them security tapes.  These writers are just so damn stupid at times -- it's like this show is written by 6 year olds.

Here's a weird thing I noticed -- the writers had Hanna make a reference to Downton Abbey and Bates going on trial, but that happened 4 years ago.  Not exactly a timely reference, and technically that would have occurred BEFORE the 5 year time jump.

And about that scene where Spencer finds the phone on the floor -- Yvonne picked up her phone and went put in her purse, yet somehow managed to completely miss that giant purse of hers -- AND -- not notice her phone hitting the floor.  Yet she managed to put her wallet back in her purse successfully.  It's not just a little hard to believe, it's a lot hard to believe.  Like Emily level of stupid.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 4

The problem is, we put too much thought into a show than the people behind it. Which is really bad. They seem to just have a Point A and then a Point Z but totally decide to plot hole the rest of the points to get their end result.  Because they only care about the end result. Sara's hands getting burned is an excellent example because from the finale of Part A.. it didn't happen like that but according to the new badly timed flashback it apparently did happen-seriously that flashback was awful- and still, we have so many questions. How bad are her hands? Knowing these writers, it's going to come and go as they please or see when it fits the plot necessary. At least Jenna's off and on blindness made sense, bitch needed to be shifty, that was the point. With Sara, it's just.. whatever. They don't care if it makes sense that she probably most likely wouldn't be able to leave her hotel room by herself, according to what they've so far sort of told us about her hands, they just need her to be able to. 

And knowing all this, Sara's hands will probably always stay damaged. Even though, she shouldn't be able to do half of the things she's just been doing every episode. Like, it's just something we have to deal with. We won't get insight. They should have chosen some other problem for her, at least a plausible one. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 2
Here's a weird thing I noticed -- the writers had Hanna make a reference to Downton Abbey and Bates going on trial, but that happened 4 years ago.  Not exactly a timely reference, and technically that would have occurred BEFORE the 5 year time jump.

Well, to be fair, even after the trial it felt like the cops were always coming to Downton to question Bates and Anna. Hell, they were still coming by regularly during the final season, probably out of habit. "Better go walk by the big house and make sure Bates and Anna aren't up to anything dodgy today!"

My main issue with Shower's hand situation is that it seems like the writers put almost no thought or explanation into it so we are left to ask questions and speculate about this weird made up medical condition. We get tidbits like Sara hated it when she couldn't feed herself in the hospital and then we see her wearing clothes with zippers and staying in a hotel room that she doesn't seem to be able to leave without help, yet no one is staying in the room with her. It just makes no sense and the writers don't appear to give one flying fuck that this entire storyline is utter nonsense. I am willing to suspend my disbelief, but this whole hand thing is ridiculous!

• Love 2
How bad are her hands? Knowing these writers, it's going to come and go as they please or see when it fits the plot necessary.

I completely agree with that, and it's going to be frustrating as hell.  The response to pointing out these problems is probably going to be "don't worry about it" or an after the fact tweet from IMK.

I get really annoyed with certain critics (cough BrosWatchPLLToo) who get all dismissive when fans point out these plot holes.  "Sure, in the real world, they'd do X, but then there wouldn't be a show".  Quite true but completely irrelevant.  That's a Doylist answer to a Watsonian question..  I'm fully aware that the show couldn't have done that creepy scene in Shower's closet without the gaping hole in the wall, but when I'm asking "How the hell did Hobbled-Hands Harvey make that hole?" while I'm watching, the scene loses it's creepiness because my immersion is broken.

• Love 6

I'm actually confused about whether she even has hands. Was the drawer of gloves on model hands a drawer of prostheses, or is she just really responsible about putting her gloves on the glove equivalent of shoe trees (glove trees?) at the end of the day (except for the one pair she keeps her secret blueprints of evil in, of course). And if it's the latter, how does she get the gloves back on the glove trees with her severely damaged hands? 

• Love 2

Other possibilities: they will go to a Broadway show and Sara will be on the corner of the stage as the ASL interpreter.

This is so hilarious.  I would love a montage of Sara doing all of your suggestions and more, set to "Hands" by Jewel:  ASL interpreter, harpist, cat's cradle, calligraphy expert, lace-maker, playing charades, playing a perfect Beethoven piano masterpiece, braiding someone's hair, performing brain surgery, dismantling an atomic bomb, and doing shadow finger-puppets.  Then Aria can say, "Bitch is dexterous!"

Here's a weird thing I noticed -- the writers had Hanna make a reference to Downton Abbey and Bates going on trial, but that happened 4 years ago.  Not exactly a timely reference, and technically that would have occurred BEFORE the 5 year time jump.

That was my question - did we time-jump 5 years to the present, or 5 years into the future?  Or somewhere in between?

These writers are just so damn stupid at times -- it's like this show is written by 6 year olds.

Another example: Ma and Pa Montgomery can't ever seem to reach Mike when calling his dorm.  Here's an idea:  TRY HIS CELL.  Do dorms even have landlines anymore?

• Love 4

This thread cracks me up with all of the nicknames for Sara - Shower Emoji is my favorite.

This show continues to make no sense, and to expect anything different with a 5 year time jump is insanity.

Hanna's fiance is a bore (Mr. Perfect) - no wonder she keeps looking longingly at Caleb, who is not only hot but smart and edgy.  Forgive me but I do kind of enjoy Spaleb as a side ship, but they are a bit too alike for it to work long term.

I liked when Hanna yelled at her ex-boss - wish fulfillment on my part since I have a crazy boss as well (not like Hanna's though).

This is so hilarious. I would love a montage of Sara doing all of your suggestions and more, set to "Hands" by Jewel: ASL interpreter, harpist, cat's cradle, calligraphy expert, lace-maker, playing charades, playing a perfect Beethoven piano masterpiece, braiding someone's hair, performing brain surgery, dismantling an atomic bomb, and doing shadow finger-puppets. Then Aria can say, "Bitch is dexterous!"

Hahaha, A+ song choice! For montage #2, I nominate the Hand Jive from Grease.

Other things I would like added to the montage: the girls are watching a football game and they see Sara on the Jumbotron running through the crowd high fiving everyone, Sara playing Operation with little kids, Sara at a baseball game catching a homerun ball, Allison takes her students on a field trip to colonial Williamsburg and sees Sara as a historical reenactment actress playing Betsy Ross sewing the first American flag, Sara at an elementary school playground playing jacks with the kids and then doing pull ups on the monkey bars, Sara as a magician doing sleight of hand illusions, Sara as a baton twirler, Sara sitting at a table counting a mountain of pennies one at a time, Sara making friendship bracelets, Sara sautéing something and doing that fancy chef flip with the pan.

• Love 4

Can I just talk about the carton of eggs for a minute? Because I had to pause while I got over my hysterics. And it wasn't just the ridiculousness of the threat. It was Emily's gasp, toss, and whirl back into the apartment, her $176 Bloomingdale's polyester pajamas fluttering in the wind. That girl has some serious cash to spend on jammies. Maybe instead of selling her eggs she could curb her enthusiasm for overpriced nightwear.

I still love watching this show because it's just nuts. My cousin and I play a game we call "Of Course" after every episode, where we just text each other with crazy things that happen that no one would ever do in real life. Of course Hannah flies all the way back to NY just to quit her job. Of course Spencer would immediately search for a golf club in a dresser drawer. Of course Charlotte has rows of perfectly matched glove trees.. except for one, the one with The Clue. Of course Aria just climbs down into a hole in the wall without mentioning to Spencer that it exists. Of course she does.

Edited by xyzzy
  • Love 7

Ooh, now I need to see Shower Emoji play "Chopsticks" on the piano with chopsticks instead of her fingers.

My earlier hypothesis about why she is wearing gloves is that her hands turned green, but what if she's pulling some kind of Michael Scofield thing and she has the blueprints of Radley tattooed on her hands?

• Love 3

So basically either EmojiA killed Charlotte and is now asking the Liars what they know about that for no reason whatsoever, or EmojiA did not kill her in which case he or she has done more or less nothing in five episodes - half of 6B. Even the likes of Shanna and Cousin Nate seemed more menacing than this loser.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 2

I completely agree with that, and it's going to be frustrating as hell.  The response to pointing out these problems is probably going to be "don't worry about it" or an after the fact tweet from IMK.

I get really annoyed with certain critics (cough BrosWatchPLLToo) who get all dismissive when fans point out these plot holes.  "Sure, in the real world, they'd do X, but then there wouldn't be a show".  Quite true but completely irrelevant.  That's a Doylist answer to a Watsonian question..  I'm fully aware that the show couldn't have done that creepy scene in Shower's closet without the gaping hole in the wall, but when I'm asking "How the hell did Hobbled-Hands Harvey make that hole?" while I'm watching, the scene loses it's creepiness because my immersion is broken.

And also if you look at the floor plans tha Spencer found the rooms closte is next to another room so the hole in the wall should have led you to the next room

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GMeNbIO_-ew" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

at  0:16 i hope you can see he video

I wish I could figure out this show's relationship with mental health. If anyone on the show deserves a pass due to mental health issues, it's probably the girl who was kidnapped and (probably) tortured and used as an Ali replacement for years. Yet she's the one all the girls view as evil, and gets called out for throwing her kidnapper under the bus.

• Love 1

I wish I could figure out this show's relationship with mental health. If anyone on the show deserves a pass due to mental health issues, it's probably the girl who was kidnapped and (probably) tortured and used as an Ali replacement for years. Yet she's the one all the girls view as evil, and gets called out for throwing her kidnapper under the bus.

The same show thinks the kidnapper was redeemed. Sara's parents must not have been mean enough. Hey, Charlotte has Ali. Where is Sara's family?

Didn't they imply heavily in this episode that Sara was never really kidnapped and was working voluntarily with Charlotte? Of course, this might change in the next episode because of the dream logic factor. I think the writers are unwilling to make anything definite in Sara's story because:

- making her kidnapping and torture an undeniable fact would get in the way of the sanctification of Charlotte

- they think being vague about everything is a great way to write compelling mysteries (hint - it really isn't)

- they still haven't decided where to go with Sara

• Love 3

I think the ridiculous lingerie is just the wardrobe department trying to be sexy and also trying too hard to be family friendly. Wish they would find their stride already. Do not like the new wardrobe people. Makeup was much better this week though.

In other news, Caleb and Spencer are still hot. Maybe just my eternal love for Caleb makes him hot with anyone.

• Love 1