Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E15: React

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

When Secretary of the Navy Sarah Porter learns her daughter has been kidnapped, the NCIS team partners with the FBI to track the case, determine a motive and bring her home. Also, McGee’s childhood friend, NCIS Special Agent Valerie Page is in town to assist the team with advance tactics training

Oh PUH-LEAZE!!! Like I'm supposed to believe McGee had a name like "McStudmuffin"??? Unless a stuttering, stammering, klutzy is a new definition for a Stud Muffin?

Maybe to those who haven't been watching this show since DAY ONE.

I was half-right. I figured both the dad and his "partner" were involved.

So, was Christina Chang auditioning to be Tony's replacement?

I do not LIKE what I saw in the Preview. DO.NOT.LIKE.

ETA: Goldblume!!! Err, I mean, FORNELL!!!!

"Now SIT!"

Me: snort.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2

So, was Christina Chang auditioning to be Tony's replacement?

I hope so! I love Christina Chang. I thought her chemistry was great with all of them - especially Gibbs, which is the holy grail. I almost wished for a moment that she and McGee would hook up and then realized that I love Delilah - no! Nevermind!

That's the first time I felt Leslie Hope was human. Good ep for her.

I admit I BUSTED out laughing at the primary color bandaids.

Speculation - no inside info here - wonder if Tony will leave to become part of the React team. I'd love for his exit to be non-romance related. (Unless Jeanne suddenly becomes available. Then I'm good with it.) <ducks tomatoes> I'll show myself out to the UO thread, kthxbai.

• Love 1

While it seemed obvious to me that the father's girlfriend was involved (her concern was too eager and seemed forced) I still enjoyed how the episode played out. 

Anyone else get a vibe that there may be a romance blooming for SecNav and Gibbs?  I'm sure it would break all kinds of protocol to have that happen but I don't know that I'd complain.

• Love 7

While it seemed obvious to me that the father's girlfriend was involved (her concern was too eager and seemed forced) I still enjoyed how the episode played out. 

Anyone else get a vibe that there may be a romance blooming for SecNav and Gibbs?  I'm sure it would break all kinds of protocol to have that happen but I don't know that I'd complain.

I also got a spark from secnav and Gibbs in last night's episode. And she is a redhead.

OMG YES! Thank you! I totally forgot!! YES! That she talks about him at home to daughter - who apparently had all the faith in the world in him - and his little smile at the end!! 

• Love 1

Oh PUH-LEAZE!!! Like I'm supposed to believe McGee had a name like "McStudmuffin"??? Unless a stuttering, stammering, klutzy is a new definition for a Stud Muffin?

I assumed that McGee had been telling her DiNizzo stories for many years, including Tony's formula for McGee nicknames. She seemed sharp enough to turn the nickname formula on its ear, as a tease to Tony and a boost for her old friend McGee.

I also got a spark from secnav and Gibbs in last night's episode. And she is a redhead.

I thought the same thing!

• Love 2

I have totally gotten that vibe before about this SecNav and Gibbs--last night the vibe was strong.

Good call on the McGee's friend being the possible Tony replacement.  But her sudden insertion with the backstory that she knew about everyone seemed a little forced to me.  I did like her though. 

• Love 1

When McGee's old friend appeared, I was concerned that:

1) she would be the bad guy....................glad that they didn't go that route

2) she would replace Delilah as McGee's Girlfriend/love interest....................may still happen  but I think that they are "2 buddies" and too close to be lovers(??) but still....

3)she would become a replacement for Tony....still a possibility, despite her saying that she liked moving around.

and at the end of the ep: she is like a younger, female Gibbs-super sniper skills, etc....is door # 3 still an option?

I also got the "vibe" between Gibbs and SecNav. They certainly seem to have mutual respect.

• Love 1

I was just really annoyed that Fornell took McGee's tea, didn't like it, and then gave it to someone to throw away instead of giving it back to McGee.  Of course, McGee may not have wanted it back, but still...

Otherwise I liked the episode.  I certainly got the vibe that McGee's old friend will be a new person on the show.  I already like her better than I like Bishop.

• Love 3

A pretty enjoyable episode. I actually liked SecNav in this one-- I liked that she actually listened to Gibbs and Fornell (as opposed to the dad who predictably flipped out [which is totally normal if your child is kidnapped] but I hate it when the parents think they know more than, you know, trained agents, argh). Gibbs and the SecNav had some nice interactions this episode-- I liked her asking if he had 6th sense for when coffee was being brewed and I think the whole thing let Gibbs see the more human side of her. I always feel like these cases must be so bittersweet for Gibbs

I really liked Valerie Page and would totally be on board if she came back. I think some of the thoughts I had obviously crossed other people's minds; namely that Tony might leave to become part of the React team, or that Page could be a possible replacement for Tony.

Not thrilled with the previews of next week's episode... I would like the Jeanne chapter closed. Promos can be misleading, though, so we'll just have to wait and see. My fervent wish that if Tony if wants to turn back time to change what happened, Jeanne shuts him down and we move on. She's married now and it's been.... 10 years almost? Time to let it go, guys.

• Love 1

Funny because I noticed what I think was subway tile as a backsplash!

Weirdly enough, subway tile is incredibly fashionable right now for kitchen and bath renovations (we just redid the kitchen).

• Love 1

Have we ever heard about that React Team before? Or was it a convenient plot device to introduce agent Page? I thought it odd that NCIS all of a sudden has its own special-ops team (or whatever they actually are - I loved McGees information dump and Gibbs' annoyed 'I know that').

Not that I mind - I liked agent Page. But I'm cautious about her being Tony's replacement. After Ziva's departure the show went through a lot of candidates before settling on Bishop. (Some of them I would have preferred *cough*Borin*cough*.)

• Love 3

Have we ever heard about that React Team before? Or was it a convenient plot device to introduce agent Page? I thought it odd that NCIS all of a sudden has its own special-ops team (or whatever they actually are - I loved McGees information dump and Gibbs' annoyed 'I know that')

It seems like they haven't existed for very long.

http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/2014/12/01/ncis-director-andrew-traver-priorities-2015/70047812/

• Love 1

I liked the episode in general, I like Caitlin Carver, nice to see her not playing a crazing women. (Fans of The Fosters will know what I mean)

Two things really bugged me about the episode. McGee's friend teasing Tony about kissing 'a guy'. No he kissed a transgender women, not a guy. And the show and character have been nothing but transphobic about it ever since.

The other was Megan saying she knew Gibbs would find her ring. He didn't Abby did, she did more to save her than Gibbs did.

I thought Caitlin did a great job.  I've known her since she was in middle school and she is one of the sweetest young women ever.  So proud of her. 

I think if they were setting up McGee's friend to be a possible regular/ replacement for Tony, they did a pretty poor job of it. They established a character that has no desire to be settled in any one place and doesn't know how McGee is okay with being "stuck at headquarters". She loves that she gets to travel a lot for her current job, and seems to like adventure. She doesn't sound like the type of person who would want to settle on Gibbs' team.

If they do make her Tony's replacement, it will require significant retconning of the character, which seems dumb if they introduced her for that explicit purpose.

Also, I believe there were casting notices a while back for two characters that would be "replacements" for Tony and neither fits McGee's friend.

• Love 1

Well, yeah, but that's assuming that they stay in the same jobs next season. If they're looking for a way to transition to life after Tony and give Mark Harmon a lighter workload, why not have McGee work with a new field unit which they anvilliciously informed us has an age limit? It would also explain the weirdly counterintuitive push to turn eidetic super-analyst Bishop into action girl.

As soon as we met McGee's friend a few things went thru my mind.

1) I hope this isn't a way of introducing Tony's replacement.  I like the character well enough but as other posters have said, her character would need to be changed a bit.

2) oh look, an idea for another spin-off

and 3) REACT? isn't that what the ill-fated NCIS: Red was supposed to be?

• Love 1

A moment of silence for the failed NCIS: Red, even if the premise was weird and implausible, for no John Corbett in my NCIS-verse. 

Anyway, I agree that it doesn't make much sense for Page to be an early intro of Tony's replacement. (My 7 year old is finally reading reasonably well and is reading this out loud over my shoulder. This is an odd development) I'm always a fan of a couple missing persons episodes per season, since on TV they always end up okay and not at the bottom of a river or something. 

I appreciate that SecNav, not that I remembered that was who she was without the ep description, was a relatively normal female in power on this show since Lord knows we haven't seen basically any of them ever.

My enjoyment of the show honestly has been somewhat diminished since the announcement that MW is leaving.

I've never witnessed a kidnapping/ransom in real life or in the news in my area or really ever at all, but I always wonder if the people who do those things are actually that organized enough to bleach a car and put bombs in all the cars around the basement of the garage (I hope those cars' owners were current on their auto insurance) and all that stuff. Although if you have the anatomy to kidnap the secretary of the Navy's kid and want to actually get away with it, I suppose you're probably the sort that'll make plans in advance too.

• Love 1