Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E18: Julianne Moore, Rebel Wilson, Anthony McPartlin, Declan Donnelly, Little Mix

• Start Topic

Graham chats to Oscar winner Julianne Moore, starring in film drama Freeheld, Australian comedian and actress Rebel Wilson, appearing in How to be Single and entertainment superstars Ant and Dec. With music from Little Mix, who perform Secret Love Song.

Damn, Rebel Wilson is on the list of Most Annoying Guests on the Graham Norton Show. Other members include Cameron Diaz, Lena Dunham and Tom Cruise.

I have to say, though, she wasn't as annoying as she usually is.

I thought the couch had good chemistry -- they all seemed to be interacting with each other, and no one person dominated the conversation (e.g., Will Smith in all his appearances).

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 1

I hate pranksters. Even when the prank itself is harmless, it just feels to me like such hostility! If anybody I lived with convinced his buddy to climb into bed with me, I wouldn't just leave him, I'd leave him bloody and/or broken.

I thought this was a good appearance by Rebel. At least they didn't require her to do stunts, like the nunchucks or the rapping. And I really got a kick out out of the Bieber story.

• Love 2

Hah! I thought I was alone in the general stomach-sinking when I hear Rebel Wilson is a guest. She brings nothing to the table (in this case, couch, I guess.) Just a bump on a log that manages somehow to suck energy.

On a personal note, I can't stand her voice. And for some irrational reason I hate that her real name is Melanie and Rebel is a stage name. No, can't explain it, but it irritates me.

• Love 1

Damn, Rebel Wilson is on the list of Most Annoying Guests on the Graham Norton Show.   Other members include Cameron Diaz, Lena Dunham and Tom Cruise.  

Hah! I thought I was alone in the general stomach-sinking when I hear Rebel Wilson is a guest. She brings nothing to the table (in this case, couch, I guess.) Just a bump on a log that manages somehow to suck energy.

On a personal note, I can't stand her voice. And for some irrational reason I hate that her real name is Melanie and Rebel is a stage name. No, can't explain it, but it irritates me.

Rebel Wilson is, for me, hands-down, the worst guest I've ever seen Graham bring back repeatedly and I just do not understand it.

She's a beautiful big girl, which is something I want to support in any way I can, but she is a pallid and utterly blank presence, and worst of all, in the few moments she perks up, she's invariably crude, repetitive and tiresome.

She just regrettably seems to think that anything bodily related is automatically hilarious, so she's constantly crude and gross in her comments, and in keeping with her previous appearances, here we get stupidly crude comments about body parts (she pauses every time and seems so proud to say the words "bush," "dick," "vagina" etc, as if she's a 9th grader who just discovered biology but it's intensely annoying. She does this constantly, every time, and it's just not funny to me. Not because I'm a prude but because it's sophomoric and not funny. 

Perfect example: Like, I laughed for the briefest seconds at her admitting she was going to the BAFTAs, "looking for love," and then when she added, basically, that Idris Elba needed to call her. Cute joke, totally great. Then of course she began to pantomime a blowjob and I was just... ughghgh.  That is Rebel Wilson in a nutshell. She does this each and every time. She moves on the couch and makes a fart joke. She shows a selfie and comments that she was grabbing the guy's dick. I just don't get her at all. I don't find her funny.

She's a pretty girl, and I salute her success as a bigger girl in a tough world (no matter what her actual age), but I don't find her likable or engaging. She's utterly flat as a performer and without sparkle to me at all. 

Meanwhile, Julianne Moore came across, as always, like a class act, and like a really generous, funny and lovable person.

• Love 4

She's a beautiful big girl, which is something I want to support in any way I can, but she is a pallid and utterly blank presence, and worst of all, in the few moments she perks up, she's invariably crude, repetitive and tiresome.

ITA x1000. I think large people are marginalized by our society and so I really like to pull for them as much as possible.  So it kills me to be so down on her. A while back a friend mentioned her name and my gut reaction was, she's gross. And I immediately felt bad because that's how a lot of jerks describe heavy people.  I mean gross like the way you describe - everything is so vulgar and cheap. And offensive - like her joke at the MTV Movie Awards making fun of police brutality. Awful.  And she's trained in Australia as an attorney, so she's not stupid.  Frankly I've never really seen her do anything that I like (I'm not a Pitch Perfect fan - between her and Anna Kendrick, who also annoys me with her "drama club kid" shtick, I wouldn't be able to bear it) so I can't even say, oh, if she just gave up the crude shtick she'd be great.

Agree also on Julianne Moore. She especially seems to shine on Graham's show. I think being on with other guests brings out her warmth and graciousness. She would have been great back in the day where talk shows had multiple guests, a la Johnny Carson.

• Love 3