Type keyword(s) to search

The Fosters in the Media

(edited)

The 4A promo is here. This isn't the best quality, but it was first uploaded to the show's new Snapchat account.

EDIT: Here it is in good quality.

Things are going to be so intense.

Edited by ShortyMac
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

Things are going to be so intense.

I believe so. 

For the first time in history of this series, the promo is not about Brallie.

I'm even ashamed to mention it.

• Love 2

Me too it looks intense...I hope they put the Braille thing to rest right away because it will continue to tarnish the show's reputation. I'm also still worried about the fallout from the Hayden and Gavin situation involving their moms infecting the show.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, maraleia said:

I'm also still worried about the fallout from the Hayden and Gavin situation involving their moms infecting the show.

Why ? It's past. And I think they've all moved on. 

1 minute ago, Cassandre said:

Why ? It's past. And I think they've all moved on. 

I'm worried that Hayden's mom is behind the latest turn in Jude's story because from what I read she got scared about her family's reaction to the story line between him and Gavin.

Oh wow!  Mariana is giving us Marion Crane screaming in the shower! I half-suspected old Nick would dissapear in-between season, but this does look intense.

This isn't about the show per se, but it's an interesting article about how an extremely high the percentage of kids in the foster system are LGBT, and how California mandates prospective foster parents to undergo a brief educational module, as part of the process of becoming certified to be foster parents. They also interview a trans kid in foster care, who is on the verge of aging out of the system without ever being adopted.

http://www.npr.org/2016/06/29/484003858/los-angeles-pioneers-program-to-help-educate-foster-parents-for-lgbt-kids

• Love 6
3 hours ago, possibilities said:

This isn't about the show per se, but it's an interesting article about how an extremely high the percentage of kids in the foster system are LGBT, and how California mandates prospective foster parents to undergo a brief educational module, as part of the process of becoming certified to be foster parents. They also interview a trans kid in foster care, who is on the verge of aging out of the system without ever being adopted.

http://www.npr.org/2016/06/29/484003858/los-angeles-pioneers-program-to-help-educate-foster-parents-for-lgbt-kids

What a great article. It does make sense that there would be more LGTB youth in foster care compared to the general population. Kids in these situations need all of the support they can get. 

• Love 4
On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 5:01 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Should be interesting. 

Finally!  (And that's partly because he's the only eye candy on the show and can't wait to see him shirtless....off to check if he's over 18! :-D ) 

And I don't want to hear any of Brandon's shit!

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

Finally!  (And that's partly because he's the only eye candy on the show and can't wait to see him shirtless....off to check if he's over 18! :-D ) 

And I don't want to hear any of Brandon's shit!

AJ is mighty fine??. 

It was great to see Peter Paige. I've loved him since his Queer as Folk days. 

http://deadline.com/2016/11/the-fosters-casts-shi-ne-nielson-narcos-andrea-londo-1201852200/

‘The Fosters’ Casts Shi Ne Nielson

Chasing Life alumna Shi Ne Nielson has landed a recurring role on the fourth season of Freeform’s The Fosters. Executive produced by Jennifer Lopez, The Fosters follows a multi-ethnic family mix of adopted and biological teenage kids being raised by two moms. Nielson will play Kate O’Brien, a very sharp and extremely capable public defender. Professional and caring, she is one of Stef’s (Teri Polo) friends. She’s regarded as one of the best public defenders in the department.

http://deadline.com/2016/12/the-strain-casts-k-c-collins-kara-royster-the-fosters-1201862865/

Kara Royster Joins ‘The Fosters’

Kara Royster (Pretty Little Liars) is set for a recurring role on Freeform’s The Fosters. Executive produced by Jennifer Lopez, the series follows a multi-ethnic family mix of adopted and biological teenage kids being raised by two moms. Royster will play Dawn, a flirtatious student who causes some jealousy between Callie (Maia Mitchell) and AJ (Tom Williamson). Known for her role as Yvonne Philips on Pretty Little Liars, Royster’s other recent credits include K.C. Undercover and a guest role on Supernatural.

On 12/23/2016 at 8:34 PM, Lady Calypso said:

So, it sounds like the show's been renewed for season 5. I'm just waiting on a couple more people to officially confirm. 

A lot of fans have been sweating over a renewal, but it's a sure thing. The ratings have bounced back from 3B and Baby Daddy has less viewers than The Fosters and is going to have a sixth season, so, I haven't worried at all. 

(edited)

Freeform has ordered 18 episodes for Season 5. Will it be the last...? I mean, honestly, how much more drama can they throw at these characters?

Edited by ShortyMac
On 3/2/2017 at 0:30 AM, maraleia said:

18 is two less than normal. This is a bad sign.

A lot better than Switched at Birth with only 10, if it's the last season. Fosters is a better show, but I don't know if they could handle only 10eps. to wrap everything up. 

I just realized the weird episode order (18) because the final episode of season 5 will mark 100 episodes which means syndication money. They are planning on canceling this show after season 5 just like they did with Switched at Birth (103 episodes total). The only show they let run past 100 or so episodes is Pretty Little Liars and they will end the show with 160 episodes.

• Love 1

I'm surprised that's still such an issue - seems like streaming services would have made syndication less of a revenue spinner.  (Also, what channels are showing ABCFamily/Freeform shows in syndication? Isn't Freeform already the red-headed stepchild of ABC?)

1 hour ago, Eeksquire said:

I'm surprised that's still such an issue - seems like streaming services would have made syndication less of a revenue spinner.  (Also, what channels are showing ABCFamily/Freeform shows in syndication? Isn't Freeform already the red-headed stepchild of ABC?)

There's still hours to fill on local channels across the country that would pay for the reruns.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Eeksquire said:

It's usually more of an issue with broadcast networks than cable, but it is still a potential revenue steam for any show. I've never seen a Freeform show in syndication on other channels though.

9 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

It's usually more of an issue with broadcast networks than cable, but it is still a potential revenue steam for any show. I've never seen a Freeform show in syndication on other channels though.

That's because none of their shows have ever reached 100 episodes and are no longer airing on Freeform.

On 3/8/2017 at 7:33 PM, maraleia said:

That's because none of their shows have ever reached 100 episodes and are no longer airing on Freeform.

To be honest I think it's more that no other channel really wants them. They're not universal every man shows like most that go to syndication are. These shows are like pointedly teen dramas. They start out fairly strong, but they quickly get overloaded and drop in quality. And the appeal is usually in those who just want to see how it goes and teens, who typically don't know any better. Not a good general market for another channel. 

Now Baby Daddy and Young and Hungry, are generic comedies that could probably make it somewhere else. 

ETA: The Secret Life of The American Teenager was 121 episodes and that was years ago. But, that show was actually total garbage (I was hate watching it) so of course it didn't get syndication. 

Edited by FrumiusManxome

https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2017/07/the-power-of-inclusive-sex-ed/533772/

The night the cable channel Freeform aired an LGBTQ sex-education-themed episode of its teen drama The Fosters earlier this spring, Madison Russell spent the evening in front of her television with tears rolling down her face. A high-school junior, Russell has identified as a lesbian since age 11, but when she took a school-mandated sex education class at her Hiram, Georgia, high school, she couldn’t see herself in the curriculum. “We were informed on the types of protection for heterosexual couples, but never the protection options for gay/lesbian couples,” Russell said. LGBTQ kids weren’t even mentioned.

Article goes on to describe the state of sex ed in schools, and how it impacts kids.

• Love 3

I thought I'd put this here instead of throwing the latest episode thread off topic.

Some of us in the disabled community are letting the EPs know on social media that we are not okay with how they are presenting disabilities on the show. They are reinforcing all kinds of ableism and stereotypes (TBIs cause aggression, seizures are easily triggered, brain injuries can be totally cured). I just want to share their responses.

http://ficdirectory.tumblr.com/post/164772032387/onewordtest-tarajean621-here-we-go-again

tumblr_ovh7243wLx1qkc0vxo1_500.png

tarajean621: Here we go again…

onewordtest: uh-huh …

and in the meantime, you’re destroying us 

firstly, I don’t believe you. and secondly, even if by some unbelievable magic you turned this whole thing around in the end, would you have made the LGBTQ community sit through a whole seasons worth of portrayals of outrageous ableism, and abuse, without calling it out, and misrepresentation, and “representation” without a voice, and attitudes that encourage wrong thinking in the audience - for an entire seasons worth of episodes - before you did something right? no. so why would you do that to the disabled community? 

tumblr_ovia351LaL1s3skhso2_1280.png

tumblr_ovia351LaL1s3skhso3_1280.png

I'll believe it when I see it...

• Love 2

I don't know of its ok to put this here, but Cierra Ramirez is starring in a Lifetime movie tonight called "Drink Slay Love" where she plays a teenage vampire who figures out how to go out into the sunlight. Is it wrong that I am stoked for this?

On 8/30/2017 at 4:14 PM, ShortyMac said:

I thought I'd put this here instead of throwing the latest episode thread off topic.

Some of us in the disabled community are letting the EPs know on social media that we are not okay with how they are presenting disabilities on the show.

Thank you for that. I am not on any social media but I know a few names of very active people who call out TV and film portrayal of disabled people. I would encourage you to contact Dominick Evans on twitter, and Disability Visibility Project - Twitter and Facebook, not sure about Tumblr.