Type keyword(s) to search

The Fosters in the Media

There's never been a Christmas episode(unless I lost a block of memory) looking forward to one though. But for some reason I thought the show wasn't coming back until January. So will the Xmas ep be the first one?

I wonder how they're going to handle the Collins issue, just never mention Lena's dad? Ugh, so nasty just thinking about what he did.

Edited by Valny

I don't even think they need to replace him - he was only in the one episode, after all.  He didn't even show up in the episode where they lost Frankie (which, if you think of it, was kind of messed up - your daughter has a life threatening condition and you're MIA.)  Every other time Lena's mother has shown up, there's always been some excuse as to why he's missing - he's in Paris, he's working, he's whatever.  

I don't even think they need to replace him - he was only in the one episode, after all.  He didn't even show up in the episode where they lost Frankie (which, if you think of it, was kind of messed up - your daughter has a life threatening condition and you're MIA.)  Every other time Lena's mother has shown up, there's always been some excuse as to why he's missing - he's in Paris, he's working, he's whatever.  

Yep, I guess they can keep him in an endless loop of Where's Dad now?

I'm disappointed that there's still no DVD release date. You can't even pre-order them "for whenever they are available" from Amazon, which makes me worry that they aren't planning to ever put them out? Streaming doesn't cut it in rural areas with slow connections, and maybe this is a generational thing, but I just like having a physical disk better, especially for gifts. You put something on a hard drive, it's just invisible. You put it on a shelf, and you'll see it, your friends will be able to browse your shelf and ask you about it or borrow it, etc. No way is my hard drive open for browsing and general inspection like that. When I try to talk up the show to friends, they just aren't responding to "you can stream it" the way they always do when I'm able to hand them a boxed set of disks they will go home and watch. There's something about being able to hand it to them vs expecting them to take the initiative to go looking for it....

Anyway, I'm bummed. I'd love to own Season 1. They did a promotional disk giveaway of the first 10 episodes, but I can't even find that for sale anywhere. C'mon, people! Don't you want my money??

• Love 4

@possibilities, that's an interesting observation - I think the only thing I miss about DVDs is the special features, which don't appear to be available streaming anywhere even when the show it.  (Of course, there may not *be* special features on this show - or any ABC Family show, for that matter - I don't know if they have the budget for that kind of thing!)

'The https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-the-fosters--tv-academy-panel-145703141.html

Fosters' TV Academy Panel: Teri Polo Talks Chemistry With Sherri Saum, More Highlights From the Livestream

The most interesting part, I think, is that Polo says, although there were protests from "Million Moms" before the show started airing, she hasn't received any negative comments at all since the show actually began broadcast.

• Love 1

From that article:

It’s a fast-paced season – a lot happens.

More so than other seasons? I love this show, but the pace is my major objection - the cycle through plot so quickly that you can never see the deeper reactions that should really be dealt with.

ETA: Thank you for posting the article!

Edited by Eeksquire

Thanks for that video link maraleia, Teri continues to crack me up in interviews. and her facial expressions are the best. I love that story she told of her working on the film House Of the Spirits with Glenn Close,Meryl Streep,etc.  I've heard of that movie for the longest time, but now I will have to check it out.

ETA-oooh, I see it's on Netflix! In my queue now!

'The https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-the-fosters--tv-academy-panel-145703141.html

Fosters' TV Academy Panel: Teri Polo Talks Chemistry With Sherri Saum, More Highlights From the Livestream

Thanks for posting this!  That was a great discussion.  Interesting to hear Teri talk about her working relationship with Sherri - this cast clearly has a boatload of chemistry.  I also had not realized that Alec Mapa and Danny Nucci had been in a series together way back when...

FYI here is the direct link to the original webcast from the Emmy's website:  An Evening with the Fosters

This Thursday on The View,Teri Polo, Sherri Saum, Maia Mitchell.  Too bad Rosie O'Donnell isn't there anymore. I would have liked to have seen them interact.  I wonder how far in advance they were booked? Because you know Rosie would have loved to be there.

I posted the following in the episode thread but since the media is discussing this, I will post it here too. 

I believe that is the youngest romantic same sex kiss on TV in terms of the character's ages.  In terms of the actor's age, Evan Rachel Wood was also 14 when her character of Jessie, on the show Once and Again, fell in love with and first kissed the character of Katie.  However, unlike Byerly, she was playing a character older instead of younger than her real age.  So I'd say a tie between Once and Again for the age of persons acting the roles but The Fosters is younger in terms of the characters themselves. 

Anyways that was a well done sequence and it is important that same sex kisses be treated the same as kissed between a boy and girl.  Great Job the Fosters!

The addition of Yvette Monreal strikes me as terrible casting news. She's very attractive, but she is a horrible actress if her work on Faking It is anything to go by. 

Replacing Stephen Collins with Bruce Davison is a great move, though.