Type keyword(s) to search

Disney Films

ulkis
  • Start Topic

I really don't want another Toy Story. While the 4th one wasn't terrible I really liked the 3rd one with the toys moving onto a new child while Andy went off to college. It was a great way to end the series. Bittersweet. Sad that they were parting from Andy who they all loved but happy that they were going to life with a new child.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Oh, good god.  While I didn't hate Toy Story 4, I didn't think it was necessary to the franchise.  I can't imagine a Toy Story 5 will add anything of value.  However, being Pixar's bitch, I'll see it.

However, I wouldn't mind a Zootopia sequel at all, assuming it's a reasonable story.

Frozen?  Eh.  

Your reaction to each announced sequel was my exact response.

And since they are going ahead with FIII may the songs be more on par with I instead of II. And by better I mean better integrated with the plot, less solos and less desperate to be the next Let It Go.

• Like 3

I think I am ok with TS5. I mean at least 4 was a fun movie. I am more surprised by Frozen 3 because I think the second one wasn't very good. I have seen it twice I think and it is still not clear to me who or what was calling Elsa. 

• Like 2

Does Tim Allen even DESERVE to come back as Buzz Lightyear at this point? Especially after what a dick he was about Lightyear. He could have just been classy and wished Chris Evans good luck since it was clearly just a spin-off and in no way replacing him, but nooooo....

• Like 6
16 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I really don't want another Toy Story. While the 4th one wasn't terrible I really liked the 3rd one with the toys moving onto a new child while Andy went off to college. It was a great way to end the series. Bittersweet. Sad that they were parting from Andy who they all loved but happy that they were going to life with a new child.

YES! And, the ending of 3 perfectly set up a TV series Toy Story: Adventures in Bonnie's Room. We got a few shorts, but I wanted so much more. 

• Like 3
On 2/9/2023 at 3:55 AM, Kel Varnsen said:

I think I am ok with TS5. I mean at least 4 was a fun movie. I am more surprised by Frozen 3 because I think the second one wasn't very good. I have seen it twice I think and it is still not clear to me who or what was calling Elsa. 

I'm better with having another Frozen because the last one wasn't good.  This one might explore the tensions between Anna and Elsa as Anna takes on (and struggles with) the role that was once Elsa's.  And maybe Elsa will get a girlfriend in this one, dammit.

• Like 1
On 2/11/2023 at 9:57 PM, Brn2bwild said:

And maybe Elsa will get a girlfriend in this one, dammit.

I totally get the desire for LGBTQ representation in a major franchise. An alternative idea-Elsa is asexual. I base this on the fact that in any of the movies, she never shows an interest in romance and in the second movie she isn't as into Anna's idea of everyone lives happily ever after during thier game as kids. She could be one of those little girls who isn't into romance but grows out of it. Within the movie asexuality could be explained in age appropriate way as, she isn't into dating, romance, and getting married. She has her family and friends and that's enough for her. 

• Like 7

Why? You ever looked at Barrie's filmography? It's nothing but Peter Pan and spinoffs. Prequels, sequels, there's probably a few sidequels in there too. Multiple takes a year. Can some stories not just rest for a few years?

Yeah this one features more girls in the cast, and an actual Native American as Tiger Lily, but what new can it offer on the creative side? They can't even steampunk it up a bit.

(edited)

I'm feeling a lot of parental pride over the response my child had to a Disney film. Son was seriously disgusted at how unrealistic The Lion King was. Apparently, according to my little future Dr. Leela Hazzah, Nala should have been the star of the film. Apparently lion prides are run by females. Who knew? (Aside from lots of biologists and those not brainwashed by sexist society...) 

Edited by Grrarrggh
  • Like 4

Disney Being “Very Careful” With ‘Star Wars’ Movie Development, CEO Bob Iger Says; Marvel Brand Not “Inherently Off,” But “Do You Need A Third Or Fourth” Sequel For Every Character?
By Dade Hayes   March 9, 2023
https://deadline.com/2023/03/disney-star-wars-marvel-ceo-bob-iger-1235283774/ 

The main Disney brand, Iger said, remains “very strong, certainly the most powerful brand in family entertainment” 100 years after it was created. The forthcoming live-action version of The Little Mermaid, he said, attests to the potency of Disney. “I think when you see that, it will remind you just how strong the brand is,” he said.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Halle’s voice sounds immaculate, and that hair flip was epic.

I think everyone underestimated Melissa McCarthy. She seems to understand the assignment with playing Ursula, and she clearly had a ball playing her.

Everyones already hung up on how Sebastian looks, and I honestly don’t know what they expect at this point. He’s a freaking crab!

• Like 3

I have seen other cult classic movies get a thread, so I created one for Newsies (1992) in the movies section, and since it is a Disney movie, I thought some people on here might be interested. 

5 minutes ago, BetterButter said:

"Why do we even have these?!"

"Eh, who knows?"

Okay, that made me smile. I think Pixar is already bracing itself for the inevitable nitpicking questions this movie will get. 

But, hey, Pixar rarely lets me down, so I'll give this one a shot.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, BetterButter said:

The vault's emptying quickly. There's still Hunchback and the CGI Robin Hood in development too, right? That just leaves what, Rescuers, Fox and the Hound, maybe Oliver and Company? Maybe they'll try to redeem some box office disappointments like Atlantis, Home on the Range or Treasure Planet, or is Disney pretending like that era never happened? Otherwise they're burning through movies to remake so quickly that they may have to do Tangled or Princess and the Frog sooner than they'd have liked to.

• Like 1
On 3/28/2023 at 1:49 PM, dmeets said:

Maybe they'll try to redeem some box office disappointments like Atlantis, Home on the Range or Treasure Planet, or is Disney pretending like that era never happened?

I feel like they should do this era and leave the classics alone. Atlantis could be a good live-action sci fi movie, same with Treasure Planet. (I'm not sure if Home on the Range could be redeemed)

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Constant Viewer said:

I feel like they should do this era and leave the classics alone. Atlantis could be a good live-action sci fi movie, same with Treasure Planet. (I'm not sure if Home on the Range could be redeemed)

Atlantis would be fun as a sci-fi movie.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Trini said:

Seems really soon for a Moana remake!

Agreed, but Auli'i is in the unique position where she hasn't quite aged out of the Moana role, so I would take it! Moana had a great cast.

• Like 3

Okay, I watched Peter Pan and Wendy. Maybe the bar was low after Pinocchio, but you know what? It wasn’t the worst version of Peter Pan, nor the worst remake. I loathe how idiots are calling this movie “too woke” all because there’s more diversity in the cast, Wendy wears bloomers instead of a nightgown, and they actually give Tiger Lily some overdue respect as a character. If you’re a person that has issues with any of that, then grow up.

See what I did there?

The only thing that irked me was 

Spoiler

the backstory and possible redemption for Hook. It’s not as bad as some Disney villain apologia, but it’s still a shame that they can’t just let Hook be evil because Jude Law does great overall.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Okay, I watched Peter Pan and Wendy. Maybe the bar was low after Pinocchio, but you know what? It wasn’t the worst version of Peter Pan, nor the worst remake. I loathe how idiots are calling this movie “too woke” all because there’s more diversity in the cast, Wendy wears bloomers instead of a nightgown, and they actually give Tiger Lily some overdue respect as a character. If you’re a person that has issues with any of that, then grow up.

See what I did there?

The only thing that irked me was 

Reveal spoiler

the backstory and possible redemption for Hook. It’s not as bad as some Disney villain apologia, but it’s still a shame that they can’t just let Hook be evil because Jude Law does great overall.

I watched it with my family on Friday and thought it was ok. Tiger Lily being the biggest badass in Neverland was my favourite part and probably the best possible way to handle that character. My only real complaint was it probably could have been like 15-20 minutes shorter, since it kind of dragged at a few points.

• Like 2
(edited)
18 hours ago, BetterButter said:

I'm really excited for this! It looks like they are paying a lot of homage to the ride. I also wonder if that scene with what looks like an ocean or sea coming through the door is a shout out to the ride's orignial storyline where the house was owned by an old sea captian who had secretly been a pirate.

Edited by MadyGirl1987
  • Like 1

So I rewatched Howard last night—thank Jesus that those idiots at Disney+ didn’t delete it after everyone raised holy hell over it being on their purge list. Man, I sure wish he was still here. One part that struck me was how his sister dismissed any hidden meaning to “The Mob Song” in Beauty and the Beast; while he may have had personal feelings since he was suffering from AIDS at the height of all the ignorance and prejudice, she said he wasn’t being “political” as he was having empathy for all his characters. The ability to put himself in someone else’s shoes was what made him a great songwriter. And far too many people these days conflate empathy/common decency with “politics.”

I’m so glad they were able to bring back his cut songs to the Broadway show of Aladdin, give Genie the jazz style he always intended. Not to mention give “Proud of Your Boy” it’s justice—Alan Menken and all the other filmmakers said bring forced to that one so soon after Howard’s death was just awful.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

So I rewatched Howard last night—thank Jesus that those idiots at Disney+ didn’t delete it after everyone raised holy hell over it being on their purge list. Man, I sure wish he was still here.

I think the live-action movie really drove home how one-of-a-kind he was.  Lin-Manuel Miranda attempted to ape Howard’s style in his Moana songs, and while I think they’re good, they just lack that spark of genius.  And comparing their lyrics head-to-head, as TLM allowed, really lays that bare.

• Like 6