Type keyword(s) to search

Disney Films

ulkis
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, Trini said:

it got me thinking what actually was the "horniest" Disney animated movie previously?

Assuming we are not counting Who Framed Roger Rabbit, then maybe Peter Pan? All of the females who live in Never Never want to get with Peter. And the mermaids and Tinkerbell try to kill Wendy out of jealousy. And all of them are basically kids.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Who Framed Roger Rabbit,

Okay, yeah - I don't ever want to hear any 'too horny for Disney' slander about Turning Red ever again! Also while I was looking up discussion on the topic, someone mentioned the 'twitterpated' scene in Bambi, so this ain't new at all.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Assuming we are not counting Who Framed Roger Rabbit

"Who Framed Roger Rabbit" wasn't Disney.  It might be among the horniest animated movies (Ralph Bakshi's  "Wizards" and of course "Fritz the Cat" are way hornier, and also not Disney), but it's not a horny Disney movie.

• Useful 2
45 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Who Framed Roger Rabbit" wasn't Disney.  

Wikipedia says the movie was co-produced by Touchstone Pictures (Disney) and  distributed by Buena Vista Pictures (Disney), the Roger Rabbit character is owned by Disney and the Roger Rabbit shorts were produced by Disney Animation. There is even a Roger Rabbit ride at Disneyland. Seems like that makes it way more of a Disney movie than Fritz the Cat.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Wikipedia says the movie was co-produced by Touchstone Pictures (Disney) and  distributed by Buena Vista Pictures (Disney), the Roger Rabbit character is owned by Disney and the Roger Rabbit shorts were produced by Disney Animation. There is even a Roger Rabbit ride at Disneyland. Seems like that makes it way more of a Disney movie than Fritz the Cat.

Oops, my bad.  I remembered it as an Amblin production, which was not Disney.  Although, I just learned that Amblin did work with Disney.  My apologies!

• Love 4

The horniest? Hm… I mean, Aurora’s lady garden caught fire for Philip so fast they had to put her to sleep for most of the movie so they didn’t bone the next time they saw each other. Which, obviously, they would have.

• LOL 7
7 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

Unless you only count human characters, neither Bambi nor Lion King were shy about when exactly the kids born at the end of the movie were concieved.

Good point. I think Simba and Nala, especially Nala. During "Can You Feel the Love Tonight," she is totally making bedroom eyes at him. 

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

And then there was THAT moment at the end of Aladdin and the King of Thieves. I think you guys know which one I’m talking about.

.... It's been a long time since I watched that; reminder, please?

Beyond crushed that we lost Gilbert Gottfied aka Iago. I feel like bringing him back in the sequels/series was one of the better examples of a villain redemption arc. He was always a greedy little loudmouth but him showing a shred of decency (along with being fed up with having to work for Jafar) was believable. Plus I loved the Abu bromance.

In his memory, here are some of his funniest moments.

• Love 1

Love the animation from the old Disney Movies like Sleeping Beauty and Snow White. Considering they couldn't work with computers, what the animators came up with during that era was insane.

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Here's a brilliant analysis/defense of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

What a great video! And I loved the case it made that Grumpy and Snow’s relationship was the core of the film.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm doing all the official animated Disney movies in order.  Today was Cinderella.  I hadn't seen this in its entirety in probably close to 30 years and color me shocked at how entertained I was.  Contrast to movies like Snow White and Bambi which almost felt like homework, this movie was tightly paced, the humor had more bite to it than one would think, and Cinderella actually has some agency.  (It's her idea to get Bruno at the end.)  Lady Tremaine is truly scary and I love that her weapons of choice are pragmatism and manipulation.  She's like a precursor to more modern villains like Mother Gothel.  I think the biggest difference between this movie and a movie like Snow White, which in fairness is 20 years older, is that the run times are similar yet a lot of Snow White feels extraneous.  I didn't get that at all with Cinderella.  Overall it was a really solid experience.  I think now that I'm out of the package film era and into the 50s they are going to be more like this.  

Edited by kiddo82
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

I'll always have a fondness for Cinderella because that's one of the earliest Disney movies I can remember seeing as a kid, and it's my mom's favorite Disney movie, so we'd often watch it together :). 

I agree on Lady Tremaine. There's moments in that movie where she's in shadow and her narrow eyes stand out even more and she looks downright creepy. And the scene where Cinderella's stepsisters rip apart her dress will never fail to get to me. She'd worked so hard, she'd gone all out, she had all that hope...and they destroyed it in one fell swoop. Luckily her fairy grandmother arrived soon after to help her out, but still...

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I'll always have a fondness for Cinderella because that's one of the earliest Disney movies I can remember seeing as a kid, and it's my mom's favorite Disney movie, so we'd often watch it together :). 

I agree on Lady Tremaine. There's moments in that movie where she's in shadow and her narrow eyes stand out even more and she looks downright creepy. And the scene where Cinderella's stepsisters rip apart her dress will never fail to get to me. She'd worked so hard, she'd gone all out, she had all that hope...and they destroyed it in one fell swoop. Luckily her fairy grandmother arrived soon after to help her out, but still...

That was my first favorite Disney movie. I loved it and watched it all the time.

Lady Tremaine is one of the scariest villains. She's has no magic but she doesn't needed it. She bullies, abused and forced her stepdaughter into a maid. She was also the oen that instigated the attack on Cinderella's dress by noticing the pearls which made the stepsister realize they were hers. She does nothing while her daughters rip apart her dress. At the end just says its enough and they leave. 

• Love 5

I think it's adorable that Cinderella uses the scraps from repairing her stepsisters dresses to make clothes for the mice. Some of the mice's outfits, especially the female mice's dresses, are the exact same colors as the stepsisters dresses. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Having seen Cinderella a bazillion times, you notice the nuances: Cinderella’s facial and eyebrow raise along with the subtle laughing reference to interrupting the “music” lesson; and when she is arriving late to the ball, the soldiers don’t move, but their eyes follow her down the hall.

• Love 7

Cinderella never gave up hope...and two key things I remember was that Cinderella didn't let her step family see her cry after they ruined her dress, and when she slyly pulled out the other glass slipper after the original slipper was broken by the step mom.  The look on the step moms face said it all.

In a weird way, Cinderella was realistic...the step mom and sisters didn't have magic.  They used words, actions and gas lighting to inflict their venom.  And Cinderella had an inner strength and never gave up.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Cinderella never gave up hope...and two key things I remember was that Cinderella didn't let her step family see her cry after they ruined her dress, and when she slyly pulled out the other glass slipper after the original slipper was broken by the step mom.  The look on the step moms face said it all.

In a weird way, Cinderella was realistic...the step mom and sisters didn't have magic.  They used words, actions and gas lighting to inflict their venom.  And Cinderella had an inner strength and never gave up.

One of my favorite moments, of any film, ever, is when, after the glass slipper is shattered thanks to Wicked Stepmonster, and the Grand Duke is bemoaning the slipper being broken and how the king will react and Wicked Stepmonster is gloating in her (assumed) triumph and Cinderella pulls the other slipper, the one she's had since the night of the ball, out...

f589270f-6613-4b82-bf4d-a3ad723f7c11_tex

Just perfection. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

One of my favorite moments, of any film, ever, is when, after the glass slipper is shattered thanks to Wicked Stepmonster, and the Grand Duke is bemoaning the slipper being broken and how the king will react and Wicked Stepmonster is gloating in her (assumed) triumph and Cinderella pulls the other slipper, the one she's had since the night of the ball, out...

f589270f-6613-4b82-bf4d-a3ad723f7c11_tex

Just perfection. 

And just like no 2 women can have the same size feet, there can't be two pairs of glass slippers:)  Especially when one might know that the prince is going around trying a glass slipper on, she gets her stepmother to break the original and then pretends she has the match, when in reality, she just went to the glass slipper store and bought an identical pair.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

In the original fairy tale don't the sisters literally cut off part of their feet to try and make it fit? 

Or Cinderella is just lucky that the grand duke got to her first before the literally thousands of other women in the kingdom who wear a 6 1/2.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

"original fairy tale" is kind of like "original myth" there are so many versions from different regions that were often passed down verbally before ever getting written down and then having different tellers of tale put a spin of their own on it that it's difficult to say what's original.

Yes, there are version where the sisters cut off parts of their feet in order to fit the shoe. Apparently there wasn't anything specified that the foot had to naturally fit without alterations of any kind.

The foot thing in Cinderella is a lot like the pea thing in Princess and the Pea where it's like 'okay this arbitrary thing is a thing that denotes a particular desirable 'otherness'' -- especially where women in fairy tales are concerned, you know? I'm trying to remember how common it is that Cinderella does have the other slipper in various versions of the tale. It's all well and good to have dainty feet but having the other slipper, made of glass, in a time where glass was most likely for the wealthy and certainly not glass footwear... and presumably, Cinderella lived in a different part of the kingdom than where that cobbler had elves making his shoes every night (don't recall them making them out of glass either) so having the other one in her actual possession is very much proof that she's the One the prince is searching for.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Dandesun said:

The foot thing in Cinderella is a lot like the pea thing in Princess and the Pea where it's like 'okay this arbitrary thing is a thing that denotes a particular desirable 'otherness'' -- especially where women in fairy tales are concerned, you know? I'm trying to remember how common it is that Cinderella does have the other slipper in various versions of the tale. It's all well and good to have dainty feet but having the other slipper, made of glass, in a time where glass was most likely for the wealthy and certainly not glass footwear... and presumably, Cinderella lived in a different part of the kingdom than where that cobbler had elves making his shoes every night (don't recall them making them out of glass either) so having the other one in her actual possession is very much proof that she's the One the prince is searching for.

My thought process is much simpler: They are magical slippers. And even if they had gone to the homes of other maidens who had the same sized feet as Cinderella, they the slipper wouldn't have fit.

What?

• Applause 2
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

My thought process is much simpler: They are magical slippers. And even if they had gone to the homes of other maidens who had the same sized feet as Cinderella, they the slipper wouldn't have fit.

What?

I mean, they were made by a FAIRY Godmother. The fae in such tales were not to be trifled with and could very definitely make slippers of glass that could fit to one pair of feet only and ever.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Trini said:

Top tier villain song; RIP Pat Carroll:

And it was the FIRST time a Disney villain got their own song! What a showstopper it was.

I am really going to miss Pat Carroll. Ursula was my favorite villain.

• Love 2

I am posting this here because it seemed like the best place. I watched Cars on the Road and throughly enjoyed it. It felt like a vastly superior version of what Cars 2 could have/should have been. Mater on his own doesn't work well, but Mater and McQueen interacting with each other in the same storyline works well. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, starri said:

I can't imagine they'd skip a theatrical release for a movie as big as Little Mermaid.

It’s going to be in theaters.

So I watched the new Pinocchio. Before I vent my spleen, I did like KMG as Honest John and Tom Hanks as Geppetto is the best kind of Tom Hanks. I didn’t mind him getting a backstory as a man who lost his wife and son because a lot of people these days will side-eye a single elderly man who wishes for a child.

But Jeebus Christ they really censored Pleasure Island by having them drink root beer instead of beer?! That…that was the POINT of Pleasure Island: the boys get suckered in by drinking beer, pool, and cigars before they get turned into donkeys!!! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

The meta clocks and jokes were too much for me. And while Joseph Gordon Levitt does a pretty good Cliff Edwards, this Jiminy Cricket comes off more annoying than lovable. To be clear, that’s on the writers not Levitt.

Cynthia Erivo and only got one scene. ONE SCENE. What a waste.

And to top it all off they don’t even SHOW Pinocchio becoming a real boy at the end?!!!

Ugh Frustrated GIF by Equipe de France de Football

Fail Tom Hiddleston GIF

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Everything we learned at D23 Expo′s Pixar and Walt Disney Animation panel
Sarah Whitten   Sep 9, 2022
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/09/everything-we-learned-at-d23-expos-pixar-and-walt-disney-animation-panel.html 

Pixar

Pete Docter, the chief creative officer of Pixar, took the stage at the D23 Expo to announce new titles from the animation studio that will arrive in theaters and on Disney+ in the coming years.

“Elemental,” arriving in summer 2023, tells the story of a bustling metropolis where earth, air, fire and water elements live. But when a fire girl and a water boy develop a connection the two must navigate how to interact while being polar opposites. Director Peter Sohn noted the film also touches on themes of immigration and finding your place in the world.

The company is launching its first ever long-form series on Disney+ called “Win or Lose.” The show is the brain child of two storyboard artists and tells the story of the Pickles softball team in the week ahead of their championship game. Each episode takes place during the same week, but from a perspective of a different main character.

“Elio” is a new project from the studio that centers on an 11-year-old named Elio who is just trying to fit in. His mother is working on a top secret military project to decode alien messages, but its Elio who accidentally makes first contact and becomes the de facto emissary for Earth. The film will debut in spring 2024.

Amy Poehler joined Docter on stage to announce Pixar will be making a sequel to 2015′s “Inside Out.” Riley is now a teenager and there are new emotions joining the mix. The movie arrives in summer 2024.

Disney Animation

Jennifer Lee, chief creative officer of Walt Disney Animation Studios, announced several new projects from the studio.

To start, Lee said “Zootopia+” will arrive in November. The show is a series of shorts following major characters from the 2016 feature film.

Disney is partnering with Kugali Media to bring “Iwaju” to Disney+. The series is set in Nigeria and follows a young heiress named Tola and a poor boy named Kole. It arrives on the streaming service in 2023.

The studio shared a trailer of “Strange Worlds,” which arrives in theaters Thanksgiving 2022. The film centers on the Clades, a family of explorers, who must rely on each other in spite of their differences to traverse an uncharted and treacherous new land.

“Wish” is Disney Animations 2023 feature film. It explores how the dreaming star, upon which so many Disney characters have wished upon, came to be. The film is set within the Kingdom of Roses and follows Asha, an optimist with a sharp wit. Asha sees a darkness in the kingdom that no one else does, so in a moment of desperation she makes a passionate plea to the stars. This calls down an actual star from the sky named Star with magical wish-granting powers.

Asha is played by Ariana DeBose as Asha and Alan Tudyk as Valentino, a goat. DeBose sang an original song from the film and Tudyk ran through his repertoire of Disney characters including Duke Weaselton from “Frozen,” Hei Hei from “Moana” and King Candy from “Wreck-it Ralph.”

Live-action

Ahead of reveals about its animated content, Disney unveiled new trailers for “Hocus Pocus 2,” which arrives on Disney+ Sept. 30, as well as “Disenchanted,” the sequel to 2007′s “Enchanted,” out on the streaming service Nov 24.

On the heels of the release of “Pinocchio” on Disney+ on Thursday, the studio announced a slew of new additions to its catalog of Disney live-action remakes.

“Peter Pan & Wendy” starring Alexander Molony as Peter, Ever Anderson as Wendy and Alyssa Wapanatahk as Tiger Lily is slated for release on Disney+ in 2023. Jude Law portrays Captain Hook.
Barry Jenkin’s formerly untitled Lion King project is called “Mufasa: The Lion King” and tells the origin story of Mufasa from cub to king. Clips shared with audiences at the D23 Expo shows the same stunning visuals as 2019′s “The Lion King” and will arrive in theaters in 2024.

The company also shared a brief glimpse of “Snow White” due out in theaters in 2024. The film stars Rachel Zegler as the title character and Gal Gadot as the Evil Queen. Fans erupted in applause when Gadot took the stage. The “Wonder Woman” actress said it was fun to play the villain, having been so often cast in more heroic roles.
Rob Marshall, the director of Disney’s remake of “The Little Mermaid,” shared the entire sequence of “Part of Your World” from the film. Halle Bailey’s performance received raucous applause and a standing ovation when she stepped out on stage. The film arrives in theaters May 26, 2023.

Edited by tv echo
5 minutes ago, BetterButter said:

Meh.

According to a few people I follow on social media who were there, the audience got to see the entirety of "Part of Your World" which was described as leaving people in tears.

• Like 1
  • Love 1