Type keyword(s) to search

Sleepy Hollow in the Media

For me, as long as what an actor is doing onscreen engages and entertains me, it doesn't matter to me whether she's funny and outgoing when interacting with fans. I get how fun that is when actors are comfortable with that level of personal contact with strangers, but I don't want to hold that against someone who isn't.

But that's probably my own intense introvert personality talking. :)

• Love 6

I think Nicole Beharie is an introvert. I remember seeing a video of her and Fassbender promoting their movie "Shame" in France. When they introduced her she looked so shy and overwhelmed.

Yeah, I remember Steve McQueen and Fassbender making sure she was given recognition because of course she was a relative unknown and yeah, she looked a bit overwhelmed. 

Sleepy Hollow is her biggest gig publicity and profile wise.  I think some of the reality of being a lead on a network tv show was beginning to sink in for her.  She has mentioned that it is taking her some time to actually own the fact that she is a lead in a network show.  That isn't the messaging that black women get or are prepared for.   From interviews I have seen she and Mison seems like they are best buds and believe me I stalk them!  LOL.   The producers have said on multiple occasions that the chemistry between Abbie & Ichabod is how Tom and Nicole really are together.  My favorite interview is the Paleyfest interview with the cast from last year.  It was Tom, Nicole, Orlando and Lyndie and the four of them seemed like they were having a ball together.  They were so fun.

Also, I leave this with you:

tumblr_ndsp80Fa9y1scqx94o1_1280.jpg

• Love 5

I've noticed the difference in personalities too. So much that it sort of puts me off Nicole Beharie as an actress. There's a lack of enthousiasm that Katia Winter and Lyndie Greenwood seems to have in spades. Does she enjoy playing Abbie? Does she like Tom Mison? I have no idea. Perhaps the other actresses on my long ass twitter feed have spoiled me but it makes me think she doesn't care for us as fans.

I've watched enough interviews with her that tell me exactly the opposite of this, but to each their own.

I think people expect to much from celebrities on social media. It's great the Lyndie, Katia and Orlando embrace it, but I don't think it should be a requirement in order for us to enjoy an actor or their work. And as far as Nicole enjoying her work on the show and with Tom, this video always makes me smile -

• Love 7

Watching the video above, I love them both and they both seem very genuine, but you can see that Nicole is often staring off a bit/not making eye contact, so there could be something to theory that she's a bit of an introvert.

Tom Mison will be appearing on The Late Show with David Letterman on Tuesday, October 28th.

He's also set to appear on the Today Show, Wednesday October 29th, during the 9-10 am time slot.

Getting ready to watch him now on Letterman. I never saw him on a TV interview before! I'm sure he'll be charming.

Getting ready to watch him now on Letterman. I never saw him on a TV interview before! I'm sure he'll be charming.

Watched it too - charming for sure but I think he maybe was a bit nervous? He seemed a bit off and reserved. AND no quirky outfits! He went quite reserved actually (but looked good). Letterman obviously didn't know anything about the show/him but he did ask a couple of good questions, which seemed to throw Mison off (only because he gets the same stuff asked over and over, and he just answers from the script in his head, I think.)

Overall, good appearance and good on him, since Letterman is over next year and I don't think he's ever been on a late night talk show before.

I feel like Tom Mison/Sleepy Hollow is very much a Jimmy Fallon type of show. Any of the cast would be better suited for that late night host.

Fallon or Craig Ferguson or even better, Jon Stewart. Yeah, the Daily Show is not a "talk show" per say, but I think the discussion could get really interesting, intelligent especially if they get into some politics. He seems pretty socially aware. Mison apparently wanted to get into politics at some point, so that could be very interesting. And Stewart does have actors on the show so...

• Love 1

Fallon or Craig Ferguson or even better, Jon Stewart. Yeah, the Daily Show is not a "talk show" per say, but I think the discussion could get really interesting, intelligent especially if they get into some politics. He seems pretty socially aware. Mison apparently wanted to get into politics at some point, so that could be very interesting. And Stewart does have actors on the show so...

I think Craig Ferguson should be the go-to for any British guests who aren't that used to American style talk shows. He always manages to put people at ease, I find. Especially when he can play on the 'remember that thing that we do in Britain? Isn't that crazy?' card.

Letterman is terrible, and should be put out to pasture. 

Two - apparently reluctantly released and hard to find - promos for tonights episode - Deliverance. FOX seems to released at least four or five promos usually by the weekend for the following Monday's episode, but this week they didn't. I can only imagine why *sarcasm*

If I were to defend them, I could say that maybe there is too much spoilers in any promo they could make, but I highly doubt it.

S02:E08 - Deliverance. Advance Preview

Voter Apathy

• Love 1

Thanks, HalcyconDays. I just commented on the Spoilers Thread that there were no advance previews this week.

Yeah, I saw your post, so put in the promos for you. And now having seen the episode, you know why they hype this episode too much...Phil Iscove was supposed to live tweet the episode but never did. Same with Orlando Jones, and it's the first time he didn't.

There is a whole massive backlash going on right now with regards to this episode, and how Abbie is being sidelined. It's actually fascinating to me, like a university media course could analyze this, do some lectures on twitter, media and tv and how they all can influence each other and also, tips on how not to alienate your fanbase.

The twitter hashtag #abbiemillsdeservesbetter has a lot of support and some really interesting comments.

On top of that, Orlando Jones has tweeted about this whole thing. He has long been an enthusiastic SH fanboy and interacts with the fans really well, but I get a sense that he is starting to get tired of this mess also.

He tweeted:

I appreciate the heartfelt dialogue going on in our fandom about the show, where it's headed & what is/isn't working for u this season (2/3)
We're only 1/3 of the way through so I respectfully ask that you be patient a bit longer. There's a lot more Abbie/Jenny/Frank to come (3/3)

Like I said, I find all of this actually fascinating from a media perspective.

• Love 1

I don't know, I appreciate Orlando's response, but I'm not sure he understands... It's not enough that "There's "more Abbie/Jenny/Frank to come", it's how they're used. The issue is that they're sidelining Abbie for the Cranes, that Abbie's job is to support them, either financially or holding their hands. It's that Jenny only comes up at the end of an episode to kiss Nick, instead of fighting with her sister and forging a connection. It's that Irving is used in one short scene, only to be dismissed to give way to a Cranes scene.

Last episode was a kick in Abbie's mouth, the only main character worth a dime. It was meant to show her place: the sidelines. She doesn't count, unless the Cranes put a stamp of approval on her. It was an insult to me and I know many people have voiced their dislike of almost everything that went on. However, Orlando asks us to be patient, while they shove loads of horse manure down our throats. Is he kidding me right now? Do they think that showing subpar plots focusing on the least interesting characters is not hurting the ratings? They are delusional if they think demanding "patience" is the way to go. SH stopped being entertaining the moment they turned the show into The Cranes Drama Hour. Instead of demanding patience, they should give us a good entertaining show.

• Love 3

Oh my. This may be the thing that actually causes me to get a twitter account. I know. I know. Hello, my name is Shanndee, and I am the last person on Earth who is not on Twitter...

No, Shanndee, you are definately not! I don't have a twitter account, nor a tumblr or Facebook or any of that mess. I refuse to on principle and just being a stubborn old bat (it's not a technology issue either - I'm comfortable with tech). I just refuse to, again on principle. :')

But I read other people's twitters - there is some funny stuff on there.

Orlando is my new "Ask Ausiello." I know he can't reveal everything he knows about the direction of the show, but I trust his tweets.

I hope so, Topanga. I really do. Orlando is the biggest fanboy ever.

ETA: Extended Synopsis for Episode 2.10 - Magnum Opus More Abbie backstory!!! There might be hope yet...

• Love 2

Not sure if this is the right place to put this or maybe it should be in the Abby thread, but Nicole Beharie has just been re-tweeting some interesting stuff in relation to recent discussions about the show, specifically her character:

https://twitter.com/NikkiBeharie

If I'm interpreting what she's trying to say in the right way, and I fully acknowledge that I might not be, then I say good for her.  It's a fine line that she must have to walk in her position as an actress between not pissing off or being disrespectful to TPTB and her own personal opinion on her character and/or the show.  This may be her happy medium.  Some may see her re-tweets as passive aggressive, but I see it as her acknowledging the frustrations of the fans and maybe letting it be known how she feels as well.

Good for her and Orlando Jones not just sitting back and accepting the status quo.

• Love 3

After the latest soapy episode and the whole direction this season has gone, I decided to do some digging and found this Vulture article from last year with some telling quotes from co-creator and executive producer Alex Kurtzman.http://www.vulture.com/2013/10/why-fox-sleepy-hollow-breakout-hit.html   I think these quotes explain a lot….

In that way, it is not unlike another current megahit, ABC's Scandal. While that show wasn't a direct inspiration for Sleepy, Kurtzman doesn't reject the comparison. "I love hearing that," he says. "That's great. We don't see soap operas on television as being a bad thing; we see it as being a great thing. It's been the substance of television for so long. We respect it, we appreciate it and we want to infuse that into our show."

But while there may be hints of Scandal in Sleepy's tone, and fragments of The X-Files in its structure, it's another TV classic that Kurtzman is hoping to evoke with his latest series: Twin Peaks. "It's hands down my favorite show in the history of television, right up there with The Twilight Zone," he says. Specifically, Kurtzman and his fellow creators "loved the idea of this small town that looks very much like Peyton Place on the outside, but is harboring all these deep secrets just beneath the surface," just as in Sleepy Hollow. "And Twin Peaks was a total soap opera, in the best way."

Not sure if this is the right place to put this or maybe it should be in the Abby thread, but Nicole Beharie has just been re-tweeting some interesting stuff in relation to recent discussions about the show, specifically her character:

https://twitter.com/NikkiBeharie

If I'm interpreting what she's trying to say in the right way, and I fully acknowledge that I might not be, then I say good for her.  It's a fine line that she must have to walk in her position as an actress between not pissing off or being disrespectful to TPTB and her own personal opinion on her character and/or the show.  This may be her happy medium.  Some may see her re-tweets as passive aggressive, but I see it as her acknowledging the frustrations of the fans and maybe letting it be known how she feels as well.

Good for her and Orlando Jones not just sitting back and accepting the status quo.

I think she hit just the right tone. 

- By retweeting some of the more reasoned tweets she is acknowledging the voice of the fans.  Something that the writers/creators are not doing much to some people's frustration, given how chatty and accessible they are when you are praising the show.

- She also responded by being appreciative of fan support by simply saying she's been off line and loves the fans

- She was inclusive tweeting her own #wealldeservebetter -- so she didn't make it just about her

- She reassured fans to let them know better stuff was coming and to 'stay tuned'

-And well, she subtweeted a bit by calling herself 'the other witness'

I do like that she and Orlando acknowledged the tweets and both were very classy about it.

• Love 3
Not sure if this is the right place to put this or maybe it should be in the Abby thread, but Nicole Beharie has just been re-tweeting some interesting stuff in relation to recent discussions about the show, specifically her character...

I'm telling you, I am finding all of this fascinating. Truly. This week has been so interesting. Beharie of course has to walk a fine line - I mean, she doesn't want to piss off her bosses, etc. The retweeting is killing me - I love it! I don't see Orlando being particularily reserved about his opinion, to be honest. Not in public but in the writers rooms.

Of course, she and the rest of the cast know what's to come, so SHE herself knows what's going to happen to her character in the next few episodes. It's nice to see her acknowledge the fandom's most valid and dead on tweets.

She is in a bit of a rock and hard place, to be honest. She must have been blown away seeing that hashtag....But yeah, she and Orlando are being very classy about this.

• Love 5

Absolute class on both of their parts. Is there any sign at all that the show runners are aware of our concerns? Or have they just buried their heads in the sand hoping it will all blow over on its own?

• Love 1

Absolute class on both of their parts. Is there any sign at all that the show runners are aware of our concerns? Or have they just buried their heads in the sand hoping it will all blow over on its own?

There has been little response to the whole thing, but some of the show runners are retweeting pro-Deliverance tweets, so that tells you they learned nothing and most likely nothing will change.

ETA: reading some of the tweets from the writers and damn, writers, you should be ashamed of yourself. Truly. I get that you need to support each other and do not want to post anything negative, but one of the female writers tweeted about Katrina being "barefoot and pregnant." Damn.

Another one retweeted this:

@mraven257 @abaiers @dougaa Please pay no attention to some of the haters out there! "Deliverance" was outstanding television!

Wow - nice way to dismiss a LARGE portion of your fandom. The vast majority of reviews for Deliverance have been scathing. Wow.

And the same one tweeted this:

Best pitch in room this season may have been @NelsonGreaves @samchalsen with "Baby Moloch". #SleepyHollow

If that's your best pitch of the season, I don't hold any hope for Sleepy Hollow at all.

• Love 4

Wow. That is so disappointing. I don't expect them to admit they were wrong...but some acknowledgement that a sizeable proportion of their fan base is upset would be nice.

The high hopes I once had for this show have withered. What a shame.

Nicole Beharie is a class act. The writers and showrunners are not (understatement of the year). The latter are in charge of the show, so it's no wonder it's going down the drain in quality and ratings. But then, I'm a "hater".

This show is so done!

• Love 1

Oh no. The word "haters" has entered the discussion. It's officially a grade school level disagreement. Well, they can ignore the comments, reviews and employee grumblings but they can't close their eyes to those ratings.

Unfortunately, even if the show improves they've stirred up bad blood with the fandom and that stuff never goes away. Bad move.

• Love 2

Wow - writers tweeting how good a pitch or ep was is sad! I'm pretty sure it is the viewers reactions that support the relative quality of an episode or storyline.

Heightened respect for Orlando Jones and NB for keeping their tweets classy. Maybe they should be writing the writers' tweets.

Wow - writers tweeting how good a pitch or ep was is sad! I'm pretty sure it is the viewers reactions that support the relative quality of an episode or storyline.

Heightened respect for Orlando Jones and NB for keeping their tweets classy. Maybe they should be writing the writers' tweets.

Or writing the episodes! I guarentee you the core four (Beharie/Jones/Greenwood/Mison) could probably do a better job than these jokers...

• Love 1

You know what, I bet even Katia Winter would have vetoed that veiny green pregnancy belly and the accompanying plot if she'd had a choice. But like shanndee, I'm disheartened that the writers are on the offensive instead of gleaning a few lessons from the backlash.

You know what, I bet even Katia Winter would have vetoed that veiny green pregnancy belly and the accompanying plot if she'd had a choice. But like shanndee, I'm disheartened that the writers are on the offensive instead of gleaning a few lessons from the backlash.

Yeah, my apologies to Katia Winter. I shouldn't have excluded her. Because I think she herself is probably rolling her eyes going "Really, damselled again? Crying again. Babies again." The five of them could do a better job writing episodes than these jokers. These are professional actors, so they have to work with what they are given, however offensive it may be. The fact is, it's a paycheck for them, it's a living, it's their careers. I mean, Orlando has joked about "the black man being in prison trope", as Irving is now, but don't think that it didn't bother him when he read the script. Same with Winter. These are intelligent, well read, consciencious people. But like I said, it's a job so....

I'm disheartened that the writers are on the offensive instead of gleaning a few lessons from the backlash.

That's the worst part - that the complaints are being ignored because we (most) of the viewers don't understand them. It's quite insulting. Remaining quietly was an option that wasn't necessarily good, but then they should have remained completely silent. Selective tweeting that strokes their egos just made it so much worse.

• Love 2

The show has officially entered Twisted 1b territory. The writers did the same thing when fans complained about the treatment of Lacey ie only retweeting pro tweets of episodes and calling fans haters for not lapping up the shit they were serving and saying mmm mmm good.

• Love 1

This is such an old dance, though. A show develops an enthusiastic online fandom for a ship the writers didn't intend, so the producers marginalize the fan favorites, play poke the shipper with a stick on social media, prove the fans aren't the boss of them, and give the press something to write about which isn't the declining quality of the writing.

This gets played up by any of a number of press release-driven media sites (look for the phrase "[Producer] tells us that [vague statement about how the fans are going to react to the direction the show is going in]" billed as a spoiler).

Nasty ship battle ensues in comments, providing many fraction of a penny ad view payments from companies marketing to both sides of what has long since ceased to be a discussion about the show and become a pitched battle between aggrieved tribes, plus the occasional opportunistic griefer.

Rinse, repeat.

Edited by Julia

So they are continuing to try and make people like Katrina when all I did was cringe watching her horrible acting here 

I really don't want to see her on my screen much at all. I guess I can suffer through but that being the biggest problem I have to suffer through her bullshit scenes to get to the scenes I really care about. Ugh this show is really starting to annoy me and become almost very hard to watch.

Welp. That's a wrap for me. I think this needs to be put on blast all over Tumblr, FB, and anywhere else that is online.

Let people know that the writers have dubbed any fans who don't like Deliverance or the show's departure from it's early S1 greatness as haters.

I suspect most fans will see the twisted writing on the wall and tune out.

With the way the writers seem hostile to any criticism, I wouldn't be surprised if we get some retaliatory writing against Abbie.

I also think the writers think the dislike of Deliverance is due to shipping. It's a big mistake to dismiss the unrest because it's not just shippers who've panned the ep.

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 3

With the way the writers seem hostile to any criticism, I wouldn't be surprised if we get some retaliatory writing against Abbie.

I also think the writers think the dislike of Deliverance is due to shipping. It's a big mistake to dismiss the unrest because it's not just shippers who've panned the ep.

I hope not, re: the retaliatory writing. That would be a very childish and petty thing to do. If they miswrite Abbie, then ratings go down, sponsors leave, the show is cancelled and they are out of a job. They lose income, reputation and resume material. But that would make actual logical sense, and these guys...I don't know.

It's not shippers. I am a shipper, and I have little use for Katrina, but I did NOT like the fact that she is once again reduced to being a evil spawning womb, that she exists only in the context of a man and that her witch powers are non-existant. I did not like that Abbie is being used by the Cranes, seems to have no say in their craziness, is not thanked at all, and risks her life over and over again, and no backstory. It has nothing to do with shipping.

• Love 3

So they are continuing to try and make people like Katrina when all I did was cringe watching her horrible acting here 

I really don't want to see her on my screen much at all. I guess I can suffer through but that being the biggest problem I have to suffer through her bullshit scenes to get to the scenes I really care about. Ugh this show is really starting to annoy me and become almost very hard to watch.

LMAO! I am crying! I can't believe they actually thought this actress would be a good fit for this show. For any show, really.  What the heck were they thinking?

Does Tom have issues with physical proximity? He couldn't look more uncomfortable. A little little warmth flowing from Ichy to wifey would do a lot to sell that disaster of a pairing.

Got to believe that is intentional - inexplicable, but intentional.

The guy radiated warmth (not heat) with Yolanda, a disembodied voice, and Caroline, the re-enactment period seamstress (along with awkward embarassment and what seemed to be a sincere apology for any misunderstanding about his intention). The lack of affection or any discernable emotion has to be a choice.

• Love 2

Ugh. I've seen this before. I've seen what happens when writers turn against the audience based on race and shipping and I'm not interested.  This never ends well and it makes me hate something I started out really enjoying. I'll hang on as long as I can for the actors but I'm just going to assume that I know where this is going and start disengaging for my own sanity.

And yes, get ready for payback writing against Abbie and lots of shipper poking. 

Ugh. I've seen this before. I've seen what happens when writers turn against the audience based on race and shipping and I'm not interested. This never ends well and it makes me hate something I started out really enjoying. I'll hang on as long as I can for the actors but I'm just going to assume that I know where this is going and start disengaging for my own sanity.

This is me. After being burned by shows, I've learned the hard way to listen to what the writers and showrunners say and walk away. The disengage part comes easy when I see writers disrespecting me as a viewer and especially as a viewer who is a WOC. Supporting anyone that insults my intelligence and/or POV isn't part of my make up.

I've said before that writers and showrunners can create any show they want but I don't have to support or watch it.

• Love 1

Got to believe that is intentional - inexplicable, but intentional.

The guy radiated warmth (not heat) with Yolanda, a disembodied voice, and Caroline, the re-enactment period seamstress (along with awkward embarassment and what seemed to be a sincere apology for any misunderstanding about his intention). The lack of affection or any discernable emotion has to be a choice.

That's what confuses the hell out of me. It's got to be intentional, right? I mean, I know there is a reserved nature with Crane, but he wasn't even that reserved with Mary Wells!! And we've seen the multiple Abbie hugging scenes and there was love/care/feeling in them for sure. Especially the ones in season 2 episode 1. So this is deliberate, right? I mean, Mison is an excellent actor - he really is - so it's not him. Or it is him, but this is an acting choice or a directorial choice?

Way to sell the fairytale romance, show. Damn, I mean, last season, whenever he popped up in Purgatory, their scenes felt flat too. They were passionless and the love was perfunctory. Crane brightens up whenever he's in Abbie's presence.

But that scene...cringe...Same with last week bedroom scene. His arms were pulled tight to his side. This week same thing, and note his hands. They are clasped together but twitchy. Twitchy Ichy = nervous uncomfortable Ichy. The twitchy hands are a deliberate thing that Mison does.

I wish I could get my hopes up that this is deliberate and intentional. But no - I honestly do not think it is.

Not after Deliverance. The writers clearly want fans to like/love Ichatrina and Katrina. But Tom and Katia have zero chemistry. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. The only spark I EVER saw with them was from Tom during that scene where he said he wanted to "hear it from your lips!" in Weeping Lady.

But if you flip that CPR scene around - it suddenly becomes BLATANTLY clear why the hug scene that was sent around before The Weeping Lady with Abbie and Ichabod was CUT OUT and the sappy hug scene was left in between Ichatrina after CPR... clearly that picture had a million times more chemistry between Ichabod and Abbie than the ENTIRE scene (or the entire deliverance episode) with Ichabod/Katrina. Hell - that moment when Ichabod nearly launched himself at Abbie to pull her up after she almost drowned, but stopped himself with a sideways glance at Nick as though remembering he wasn't alone with Abbie - THAT scene had more chemistry in it and repressed longing than the Ichatrina scenes. Just whew.

The writers are squandering a fortune.

But I digress. If they were trying to sell Ichatrina as "doomed" or not the ship they want fans to have, they would have left in the epic Ichabbie hug and let fans figure it out for themselves.

Even the music swelling and all of that foolishness is meant to try to sell Ichatrina.

Even though I really did want Ichabbie - I don't anymore - I've already removed the show from my DVR and refuse to watch live. For the first time I am not excited about today being Monday. Except for Gotham (which was SO good last week).

I want to hang in there for Nicole - but after seeing the tweets by Metzner and how he marginalized us and our views, I don't have any faith in the writing. I don't think they "get it" or understand why the ratings have plummeted. I almost think they think the show is still too diverse.

And even if they do fix it with more Abby backstory, the CFD is looming, so why would fans stick around. I think they've already durned off most fans by now anyway. They won't be back.

And based on a FB post where they asked if people would be parked on the couch to watch Katrina come face to face with her son - the fan response is crystal clear to get rid of Katrina and the Crane Family Drama. I mean - it's overwhelming and clearly not just from shippers - EVERYONE is tired of her.

The writers need to wake up.

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 2

I would be.  Most of the season has been plotted out in advance; the next several episodes have already been written.  Plus, these people have been in the entertainment industry for a while, so this can't be their first taste of criticism.

People were freaking out about Abbie being marginalized and cast aside in favor of Katrina back in season one.  At this point, so much time and screen real estate could be saved if we assigned numbers to the standard litany of complaints.

• Love 1

Concerning the lack of chemistry, lack of heat or warmth of Ichatrina scenes, Tom's a wonderful actor but even he can't manufacture something that simply isn't there.  Mison and Winter have what I can only term as anti-chemistry.  They create ice rather than heat.  And Katia's limited acting abilities aren't helping that ship either.  In fact, she's dragging Tom down just as Katrina drags Ichabod down. 

The show runners are clearly delusional if they really believe any facet of this CFD dreck is what most fans want to see.  

• Love 2

A bunch of new videos released by Fox! There are several so I'm going to put them under the spoiler tag, just so the page loads quickly for anyone who doesn't want to see them all.

Clip from 2.8 Heartless:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eysYDEu35w8

Clips set to Ghost by Ella Henderson (some good Ichabbie moments but some others that may make you want to cover your eyes!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sWZMql4OUI

John Noble talks about Henry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51tqxQOuX_4

Lyndie Greenwood talks about the Abbie/Jenny/Hawley triangle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qITqgcFHk_o

Orlando Jones talks about Irving's soul:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uufetUXh4TU

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

I would be.  Most of the season has been plotted out in advance; the next several episodes have already been written.  Plus, these people have been in the entertainment industry for a while, so this can't be their first taste of criticism.

People were freaking out about Abbie being marginalized and cast aside in favor of Katrina back in season one.  At this point, so much time and screen real estate could be saved if we assigned numbers to the standard litany of complaints.

Hmmm so they were freaking out before the episodes of this season were written... Me thinks we've already seen some retaliatory writing.  Deliverance was DEFINITELY retaliatory - the writers went out of their way to stick it to Abbie and Ichabbie fans with that tripe.  I'm afraid we will see something retaliatory toward the end of the season.  Something worse than we've already seen.

And it's definitely fact that Irving and Jenny have been marginalized in favor of Katrina.

• Love 1

Hmmm so they were freaking out before the episodes of this season were written... Me thinks we've already seen some retaliatory writing.  Deliverance was DEFINITELY retaliatory - the writers went out of their way to stick it to Abbie and Ichabbie fans with that tripe.  I'm afraid we will see something retaliatory toward the end of the season.  Something worse than we've already seen.

That's why I'm not a fan of attacking individual writers on their social media. If this show does get the the axe we could get the ultimate final middle finger in the form of an Abbie death or Icahtrina vow renewal.