Type keyword(s) to search

Sleepy Hollow in the Media

I'd rather this be a matter of "we need 18 episodes to get through all the story we want to tell this season" instead of "the network wants this many shows from us, so let's figure something out."   But 18 is really too close to full-season length for my comfort.

(edited)

I'd rather this be a matter of "we need 18 episodes to get through all the story we want to tell this season" instead of "the network wants this many shows from us, so let's figure something out."   But 18 is really too close to full-season length for my comfort.

I guess I am in the minority in that I'm glad there are 18 episodes. I love the show, so the more the better. Since the show knows for sure how many episodes to cover, they can plan the entire season properly, just like they did with season 1, knowing there would only be 13 episodes.

The filler episodes? Well, it all depends on what the story will be. I think it will give the show time to explore the backgrounds of the Mills sisters, along with more Crane background (as we know will be seen, with the casting of Benjamin Franklin).

So they are going to do 18 episodes, and will air them all in a row (except maybe one World Series game) with no breaks. Wow. Seems Fox has learned from their season 1 mistakes and complaints. Excellent!

Edited by HalcyonDays
  • Love 3

FOX just announced the premiere date for the first episode of season 2 --> Monday, September 22, 2014.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/06/sleepy-hollow-season-2-premiere-date.html

For anyone second-guessing who the two show leads are --> FOX has started their "For you Consideration" EMMY campaigns for Outstanding Lead Actor and Actress in a Drama Series for Tom Mison and Nicole Beharie.

Both on the cover of EMMY magazine looking fine and (to me) very shades of X-Files...

http://www.emmys.com/sites/default/files/styles/magazine_marquee/public/emmymag-cover-June-no4-sleepy-hollow-600x785.jpg?itok=THZk71Es

Couple of shots of Mison/Beharie looking ridiculously James Bond and Bond Girl.

http://tommisonfans.tumblr.com/image/87684720250

• Love 2

Thanks, ebk57, that was a great interview. Paley and con Q&As have become so much about trying to elicit spoilers or appeasing shippers, it's surprisingly refreshing to see a long, intelligent discussion like that. It helps that both Tom and Nicole are both really smart, too. 

LA Times live chat with Tom and Nicole.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/tv/la-et-st-join-sleepy-hollow-sleuths-live-chat-monday-20140530-story.html

I'm only 4 minutes into it, but I had to share!

Nice.  Nicole hardly looks 29-years-old to me, and she's so so tiny, sitting there next to Tom. 

As far as the potential for filler episodes goes, I wouldn't mind if they used a little extra time to put Ichabod in what, for him, would be interesting situations.  Send him to an Imax theatre to watch a 3-D movie.  How about a long trip where he'd use various modes of transportation: a train, a subway, a jet?   He could be watching the film footage of Apollo 11 landing on the moon, and Neil Armstrong taking man's first steps on the lunar surface.   He could take a trip to Las Vegas...go to a rave...or a rock concert.   I know there are many, and better, ideas than this, but you get the idea.

• Love 2

Meanwhile, they had some big "screening" event (basically a continuation of the Emmy campaign; Fox really are going all out for this, no?) at a cemetery the other day. There are a zillion interviews, but I'll just link to this one fairly thorough Variety article. There are, naturally, many images floating around of the actors being ridiculously photogenic. 

I have to say, I am continually impressed by their ability to sound excited, thoughtful, and genuine while answering the same questions over and over and over again. Between a short first season and no new episodes or spoilers to discuss yet, they basically have been asked to riff on, "Why does this totally crazy show work?" and "How do you actually say those lines sincerely?" about 5,000 times at this point. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Well, FOX is definately making the effort in all entertainment areas for Sleepy Hollow. Wow.

There are tons of behind the scenes photo's being posted on: https://twitter.com/SleepyHollowFOX

FOX starting putting up season 1 episodes to watch online. http://www.fox.com/watch/50452035814?cmpid=tsm:twt:-FOX-Sleepy_SB14LFV_Wk1_001

DVD is supposed to be released either August or September but no offifical announcement.

A comic book!!  http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53626

Two novels: http://www.sleepyreads.com/

And useless trivia of the day (because it is interesting to me). Tom Mison says he auditioned for a role in AMC's TURN but obviously didn't get it - they "went in another direction." I would love to know what role he went for but it obviously (DUH!) worked out 1000% for the better for him, the show and those who love Sleepy Hollow. (I say this as someone who really likes TURN). When the show runners say they "struck lightening in a bottle", did they ever.

Edited by HalcyonDays

Putting the show online is the smartest thing to do nowadays but still, the Blu-ray/DVD should have been out at least six weeks before the show's premiere.  All-out blitz.

(edited)

2014 San Diego Comic Con has come and gone, and two new SH clips were released by EW and The Hollywood Reporter, respectively.

First clip is a sneak peek of season 2, and is a scene from episode 2, "The Kindred."

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/25/sleepy-hollow-scene-season-2-video-tom-mison/

Second is another clip from episode 2 and was first shown at the Comic Con Sleepy Hollow Panel. A good Ichabod rant.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/video-sleepy-hollow-ichabod-hates-721180

ETA: Season 2 Promo - "Evil takes hold."

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/07/sleepy-hollow-season-2-new-promo-evil.html

Edited by HalcyonDays

For those that are interested, there's now the SleepyCast; the official Sleepy Hollow podcast.  It's a Nerdist* Network podcast, but was actually conceived of by the producers of Sleepy Hollow, so this particular cast will have tons of cast and crew access.  In fact, one of the interviews in this first episode is Orlando Jones.

Right now the show is in recap/refresher mode, giving the highlights and brief summaries of 2 or 3 episodes along side interviews with cast and crew about the first season.  But once season 2 starts in September, they'll be doing reactions to the new episodes as they air, the day after.

*For those that care, the Nerdist himself has not appeared, yet (it is only the first episode after all).

• Love 3

Here's a little Tom Mison fix to get you in the mood before next week:

I'm not that interested in the story itself, but I certainly would play this every night before bed and let Tom Mison read me to sleep.

• Love 1

Nice interview with Mark Goffman  here    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/22/sleepy-hollow-season-2_n_5862476.html?utm_hp_ref=maureen-ryan   (there are some mild spoilery bits).  I especially loved this line:

When we’re first talking about a story, we always start with, what does the story mean for Crane and Abbie? How does it advance the relationship? What does it tell us about their relationship?

Very gratifying to know they continue to acknowledge that the heart of the show is the Abbie/Crane partnership. 

Edited by DearEvette

I'm watching footage from this year's Comic-Con, and I'm struck again at how quiet Nicole Beharie is on panels. Of course it's easier to talk when an interview is with just one or two people, not a whole row of actors and producers. But there were opportunities at Comic-Con where she kept quiet instead of jumping in to put in her two cents--Tom Mison certainly did. So did John Noble, for that matter. Maybe that's just her personality, but Nicole Beharie doesn't come across as shy in her one-on-one interviews or in the interviews she does with Tom Mison. But then again, she does let Tom talk more when the two of them are being interviewed together.

Clips for S2E5, The Weeping Lady:

Great clips. I found it hilarious that when Hawley wanted to make eye contact with Abbie, he had to squat down. Twice. Ah, my petite heroine.

I liked the "Three's Company" scene with Crane, Caroline, and Abbie barging in at the end. "We need a signal." But I did not like Ichabod bowing to Caroline. Only Abbie is supposed to get that kind of bow.

Edited by topanga

I'm watching footage from this year's Comic-Con, and I'm struck again at how quiet Nicole Beharie is on panels. Of course it's easier to talk when an interview is with just one or two people, not a whole row of actors and producers. But there were opportunities at Comic-Con where she kept quiet instead of jumping in to put in her two cents--Tom Mison certainly did. So did John Noble, for that matter. Maybe that's just her personality, but Nicole Beharie doesn't come across as shy in her one-on-one interviews or in the interviews she does with Tom Mison. But then again, she does let Tom talk more when the two of them are being interviewed together.

I've been attempting to figure this out as well.  I know that Nichole has (or had) some trepidation about fan events - especially when she had to go alone.  I remember there was a fan event and she was going without Tom Mison and she was concerned the fan response to her wasn't going to be good - or fans would be disappointed.  She was pleasantly suprised at the overwhelming fanlove for her apparently.

I've also noticed that she seems very protective of the show storylines - she isn't the one to spill the beans - ever.  She lets others do the talking... I wonder if some of the more "rabid" responses to her being cast hasn't made her a bit gunshy.  She also got a lot of backlash over her now defunct relationship with Michael Fassbender (I have no idea why) - some of the comments directed towards her during the show's run from some crazy fans has probably made her a bit mute at times.  Sometimes it's best to keep quiet rather than risk say something fans will twist around.

I remember an interview with her and Katia - and Katia was trying her best to kind of take over the interview - so much so that the interviewer had to direct her questions directly to Nicole.  There was one moment when Katia said too much and Nicole had to kind of redirect to try to deflect a bit.  I wonder if Nicole ever said too much in an interview and got taken to task for it by the writers?

But I do need her to assert herself as the female lead of this show - because another actress (*cough*Katia*cough*) certainly seems to be tooting her own horn as much as she possibly can lately - including saying that "Ichabbie will probably never happen" - which she cannot possibly know.  I do think it's telling that NIcole tends to make her interviews all about the show and not necessarily Abbie, but Katia is all about dissing Ichabbie and promoting Ichatrina/Katrina.  I suppose that makes sense - she's honestly worried for her job.  I just need her to stay in her lane.  

• Love 2

I am excited about Max Brown being added to the cast. I hope he is the love interest for Abbie, but if he is at least the love interest for Jenny I will be happy.  Who thinks, however, that he will end up chasing after Katrina?

I've noticed the difference in personalities too. So much that it sort of puts me off Nicole Beharie as an actress. There's a lack of enthousiasm that Katia Winter and Lyndie Greenwood seems to have in spades. Does she enjoy playing Abbie? Does she like Tom Mison? I have no idea. Perhaps the other actresses on my long ass twitter feed have spoiled me but it makes me think she doesn't care for us as fans.

I've noticed the difference in personalities too. So much that it sort of puts me off Nicole Beharie as an actress. There's a lack of enthousiasm that Katia Winter and Lyndie Greenwood seems to have in spades. Does she enjoy playing Abbie? Does she like Tom Mison? I have no idea. Perhaps the other actresses on my long ass twitter feed have spoiled me but it makes me think she doesn't care for us as fans.

Really? I've not watched many interviews with her, but the ones I have seen, she seemed to be a lovely woman, having a great time on the show and with Tom Mison. But people have different moods, and feel different, at times. Some actors are able to be 'on' all the time, others aren't. And either she's the best actress I've ever seen, or the smiles and laughter and looks of pure joy on her face through so many of the Ichabod/Abbie scenes suggest that she's having a fine time.