Type keyword(s) to search

Scandal in the Media

3 hours ago, thewhiteowl said:

I am not surprised by this.

Me either. I think both Scandal and HTGAWM need to end after next season. As much as I hate the idea of losing great POC actors from the network landscape both shows are running on fumes. Shonda needs to develop new shows and I don't mean The Catch. Grey's Anatomy is different because hospital and police shows can go on forever.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, maraleia said:

Me either. I think both Scandal and HTGAWM need to end after next season. As much as I hate the idea of losing great POC actors from the network landscape both shows are running on fumes. Shonda needs to develop new shows and I don't mean The Catch. Grey's Anatomy is different because hospital and police shows can go on forever.

TBO, Scandal needs to end this season.  The final episode should be the resolution of the presidency and some sort of indication of what happens to the characters -- Please don't give me Liv with Putz as a series ender.  I would like to have Cyrus orchestrate Liv's downfall.  I'm still team Jake, but right now, I don't think that even Jake at his worst should be saddled with the horror that is Olivia Pope.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

TBO, Scandal needs to end this season.  The final episode should be the resolution of the presidency and some sort of indication of what happens to the characters -- Please don't give me Liv with Putz as a series ender.  I would like to have Cyrus orchestrate Liv's downfall.  I'm still team Jake, but right now, I don't think that even Jake at his worst should be saddled with the horror that is Olivia Pope.

Well it's already been renewed along with Grey's and HTGAWM so that's why I said what I said. You're right. None of these characters deserve any happiness except for Mellie.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, maraleia said:

Well it's already been renewed along with Grey's and HTGAWM so that's why I said what I said. You're right. None of these characters deserve any happiness except for Mellie.

I'll watch Grey's forever, reruns included.  But those other Shonda shitshows?  Need to die.  It is time.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, maraleia said:

Mellie deserves to end up in jail... Along with most of the other people on the show.

That would be an awesome end to the series for me, every single character facing the consequences of their crimes.

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:45 AM, maraleia said:

Seriously?  This got a season seven?  Fitz isn't going to be the President anymore.  There aren't many more stories I can see being told on this show.  What more can they possibly do?

• Love 2

Please end with a mass murder/suicide of all these awful people. And then reveal that David and Susan were behind everything the whole time.

I may be in the minority, but I gag at the thought of Fitz and Olivia sipping maple syrup and watching the leaves change color at the end.

I was debating about not watching next season, but I will probably stick it out to the bitter end.

• Love 2
(edited)

That would be an awesome end to the series for me, every single character facing the consequences of their crimes.

Heh, they go out like Seinfeld?

I think Scandal should've ended this season. Now we have to watch Mellie pretending to be Hilary if things had gone the other way?

Edited by Oblique Angle
(edited)
On 5/16/2017 at 1:28 PM, pawsodoom said:

Shonda giving a little insight into the final season.

I hope by her comments that the series will be heading back toward the earlier seasons of Scandal, as opposed to this past season of nonsense.

http://tvline.com/2017/05/16/scandal-cancelled-season-7-final-episodes-ending/

Did they say in that article, that the fans agree that it needs to end? That made me laugh.

I'm actually missing this show, although I haven't really liked it for years. Maybe I'll look up the first season on netflix.

Edited by Anela
5 minutes ago, thewhiteowl said:

I have no idea who those people are. Are they on Scandal?

I thought they were on How to Get Away With Murder.  I haven't watched the show in ages but I thought I remembered seeing those two on the show.

Okay, thanks. 

1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

I thought they were on How to Get Away With Murder.  I haven't watched the show in ages but I thought I remembered seeing those two on the show.

• Love 1

It's real Scandal in Shonda's shows. LOL She was Amanda on S1 and real life wife of Leo (Paul Adelstain) until she apparently hooked up with her HTGAW co-star. 

• Love 1

Listening to an interview on SiriusXM with Tony Goldwyn where he diplomatically stated that he thought Pres. Fitz going to war was just as much of a leap as the rest of us did. He had to meet with Shonda and make up tons of motivation for himself to be able to act that story line. "At the end of the day job is to make Shonda's vision work and I respect that."

He also questions the location of the "Presidential balls" at times just like viewers. Kind of cool to hear a privileged celebrity talk about how sometimes you just have to do what your boss tells you to do and make your peace with it.

• Love 3

Surprised no one has mentioned this, apparently we're getting a crossover with How to Get Away With Murder.  I probably shouldn't be surprised, but I am.

I'm kind of hoping Oliva gets arrested for murder and even Analise can't save her, but I'm guessing that won't happen.

I hate crossover episodes. Grey’s and Private Practice used to do them just about every season, and they were usually awful. I don’t like HTGAWM, and I don’t want to “have to” to see a storyline resolve.

On 1/4/2018 at 7:35 PM, KaveDweller said:

Surprised no one has mentioned this, apparently we're getting a crossover with How to Get Away With Murder.  I probably shouldn't be surprised, but I am.

I'm kind of hoping Oliva gets arrested for murder and even Analise can't save her, but I'm guessing that won't happen.

Against my better judgment, I'm excited for the crossover. I'm just stoked to see Olivia and Annalise in scenes together. 

• Love 1

Kerry Washington talks about how Tony Goldwyn's support empowered her and the show. Honestly, in these #metoo times, it's so wonderful to realize that there are still some good men in the business.

• Love 4
On 4/15/2018 at 7:13 PM, jschoolgirl said:

From The New York Times:

"The Gladiators of Scandal Leave the Arena"

Not a moment too soon.

"Ultimately, its most lasting legacy is likely to be Olivia Pope herself. Both fully in command and deeply flawed, she was often driven by a higher purpose (“a white hat” in the show’s parlance) while resisting being controlled by any male, or in this season, female presidential authority in the form of Mellie Grant (Bellamy Young)."

Based on the episodes was was able to watch, and finished, this is utter bullshit. Olivia is flawed but she was never in command. All the male characters yell and order her around. She is a victim of male abuse, plain and simple. She stomps her feet and does whatever she wants only to come back and be yelled at by the male characters all over again. Not complex. Pathetic.

I cannot stand anything Shonda does. I try to like it, I try to be not too picky, but the writing, the plots and the cliches are just too much. The only positive thing I have to say about her shows is that she does hire many actors of color to be the lead or the main cast. But then she falls for the usual Hollywood White Default in telling the stories. Disguised, true, but deep down pleasing and acceptable by white people as the primary goal - I guess the day job and getting paid is the main goal here, so pretend to be fighting the good fight, comply with the status quo.