Type keyword(s) to search

Scandal in the Media

Rather than kill Harrison off, Scandal are reportedly recasting him: http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/eric-west-replaces-columbus-short-on-abc-drama-scandal/

Columbus Short may be gone from ABC’s Scandal, but his character Harrison Wright is far from being a goner, despite that gun to his head in the season finale. Eric West has closed a deal to continue the role of Harrison Wright, replacing Short, on the upcoming Season Four. “We are so lucky to have someone as talented, joyful and just plain remarkable as Eric,” ABC said in a statement.

The new guy: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0922064/reference

Huh, West is saying it's not true: https://twitter.com/EricXWest Weird.

And Deadline have retracted the story: http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/eric-west-replaces-columbus-short-on-abc-drama-scandal/

Sorry, Scandal fans. In the rush of upfront news, a release pertaining to be from ABC about an actor named Eric West, who had been circulated for weeks, replacing troubled Scandal co-star Columbus Short got to me. It turns out it was an elaborate hoax, which is very unfortunate. It is unclear yet whether Short would be replaced.

I don't know why they would replace him. Harrison can just pull a Steven. I think the show could use some new blood but just replacing Harrison won't save OPA for me. I would happily send Abby to the White House and get rid of the other three, B613 and David Rosen. Jake can stay 'cause he's pretty and Abby can bang Leo (please stay Leo!). The others can disappear please.

• Love 1

I was excited to see this too! In earlier seasons I would have said other cast members were more deserving than Bellamy but this season, she has really come to the forefront for me. She's been great.

I was so happy to see that! Mellie was one of the strengths of last season for me. She also did an interview with TVLine. No spoilers but some interesting tidbits. She has a better recall of specifics with her character than just about any actor I've ever seen. I love that she threw out both her age and that she works with an acting coach.

I guess I hadn't read an interview with her before because her answers surprised me. Does anyone know anything about her academic history? Reading this, she totally seems like one of those people you see reading at a coffee shop who can talk for days on any subject.

I guess I hadn't read an interview with her before because her answers surprised me. Does anyone know anything about her academic history? Reading this, she totally seems like one of those people you see reading at a coffee shop who can talk for days on any subject.

She went to Yale, and then studied at Oxford. On Jimmy Kimmel, she mentioned that she originally went to Yale to study physics and math. Quite a leap over to acting.

I saw a news article yesterday, Sept. 8, saying we "won't have to wait long" to find out where Olivia's plane took her at the end of last season.  I didn't read it, because I'll wait to see the plot unroll, but thought it was worth mentioning here. 

• Love 1

S4 cast promo group photo. I am well used to the ABC promo department being awful but OMG. Kerry looks like a Barbie doll. Where is Tony's neck? Why are David and Mellie randomly looking off to the side? The spacing is awful- there are gaps around Jake and Olivia but the people on the ends are squished together. One plus, Katie Lowes looks by far the best of the group. Her hair looks gorgeous.

• Love 1

So now that Columbus Short is gone, Kerry is now the only black actor on the show. Wonder if Shonda plans to rectify, because if she doesn't, how is she any better than those white show runners she always criticizes?

Of the three shows Shonda has currently, two have WOC as leads so I think she is walking her talk. YMMV

• Love 2

I was actually thinking that a crisis with her daughter and Olivia back in the Oval for 'talks' with her husband would be what snapped her the rest of the way back to at least a semblance of First Lady Mellie. She's already taken strides in that direction since the premiere. I would find it very interesting though if she keeps the unhinged side and just covers it up with First Lady hair and shrugs with everyone but those closest to her until either commitment or at least intervention is on the table.

• Love 1

If he is from a prominent Virginia family and Mellie is from a blue blood North Carolina family, is it too much to hope for that she might know him and/or his family? It doesn't have to be a big thing but I think it would an interesting and logical little example of the small world of big money and politics. Besides I would like it if Mellie and Abby continued to get along. Oh! Oh! When Abby inevitably gets booted from the press secretary job maybe she could become Mellie's chief of staff. I bet they could stir up all kinds of fun shit together to mess up Olitz's plans.

• Love 1

I kind of agree in a way, they say it went from Charlie Brown to the sex scene in less than 60 seconds. Unless you had the remote in hand ready to flip the channel knowing something was coming, it was really easy for the kids to see the sex scenes. If ABC/Disney was going to move Scandal to 9pm and air a children's special before it. They should have checked the content of Scandal right after the lead in. They should have toned it down. Grey's Anatomy being the lead in is different than Charlie Brown special.

ABC Fall Finale Dates Revealed

SCANDAL | Thursday, Nov. 20

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

Oh, that's so not fair to Dylan. He was a narcissistic not-very-evolved adolescent teenager, not the narcissistic not-very-evolved adolescent middle-aged leader of the free world, and he decidedly did not look like a cranky dessicated sloth.

The ads for Agent Carter say she's a great female television hero "in the tradition of" Olivia Pope.

Do you suppose she waited for Eisenhower? Because Bess Truman would've snapped her like a twig.

• Love 1

Is ratings talk applicable here?

For possibly quality related reasons, Scandal just had its two lowest-rated episodes since the first (calendar) year. After the buzz of the president's shooting storyline reached the masses, the show's been big and didn't look back, but last night it was only 0.1 rating point away from Grey's Anatomy.