Type keyword(s) to search

Rectify: In The Media

With television it's always good when a show gets multiple seasons and gets a definitive end date so it can wrap the story up. The worst thing is when a show ends prematurely without being able to finish the story, followed by a show running on too long after it's run out of good story. So Rectify is getting the best possible fate. I'm glad Sundance made the commitment to the show despite the poor viewership.

Edited by Ronin Jackson
  • Love 6

I'm sad to see that :(

But I'm really curious/excited to see what Ray McKinnon does in the future.

I'm not a terribly emotional person when it comes to television (or movies, for that matter), but this show brought tears to my eyes more than once, and not even out of sadness. It just blows me away, sometimes.

• Love 3

Just saw a commercial for the TV version of Lethal Weapon ("Airing this fall!!  On FX!!")  starring Clayne Crawford. Actually, the ad says "introducing" Clayne Crawford.  

No introduction needed for Rectify viewers!

• Love 2
On 6/1/2016 at 3:31 PM, ruby24 said:

When will it premiere? October?

I don't know how long post production takes, but they haven't taken all of the "Rectify" signs down quite yet. There was still active filming going on a couple of weeks ago. (I live in the town where Rectify* is filmed.) There was more filming on our campus the last week of June. (So that makes about 2 1/2 months of filming so far).

It's maybe ironic that our cable doesn't have Sundance channel on the extended basic. I've seen a few episodes on AMC (I've walked many times through the graveyard from the show and the tire shop looks pretty much the same). My husband saw the first couple of seasons on an airplane ride and loves it. My plan is to buy him the series box set when it finishes, and I'm going to watch the whole thing then when I won't have to wait for the next season.

I love my little town here, and can't wait to see it highlighted in this series.

* And sometimes The Walking Dead.

• Love 4

@AwesomO4000 ~ If I'm remembering right, there are more recognizable shots of Griffin in the first season. Of course you'll notice them all if that's where you are. I live a little north near Atlanta.

13710044_926601294128675_2015185088752858974_n.jpg

Season 4 teaser:

• Love 1

That interview mentions Daniel getting stays of execution and being strapped to a gurney for the IV. Did we actually see them get that far towards his executions in past seasons? I may have blocked out the memory. Ironically enough.

@kieyra ~ I think Aden's speaking of Daniel's mental state the 5 times he's had to ready himself for that fatal injection. I can't recall any scenes of Daniel strapped to a gurney, unless it was one where he was out of control and had to be restrained. Actually I think he DID have to be restrained after the molester dude in the next cell kept harassing him..Still, I don't think that's Aden's reference. Maybe someone else can help fill it in here. It's also quite possible - and this is strictly speculation - that we'll see a flashback of Daniel actually getting prepped to that point,  and then getting a stay at the last minute.

I like what Aden says here:

What about the character of Daniel will stick with you most?
He’s a great reminder to me of what wonder means, and how we oftentimes overlook what beauty we are surrounded by. Not only in natural beauty, but in people as well. Daniel had an ability to see that, and unfortunately at times, not to see it, so he can remind me of me and at the same time, inspire me to be a little bit more open to the wonder of the universe.

Edited by Fisher King
To add a redundant sentence.
  • Love 2

1, Daniel looks horrible with a beard.

2, I wonder what will happen between him and Tawney. All the trailers push that narrative very hard but then there's that new girl too.

Regardless I can't wait to see the final season, even though I'm so sad that it ends.

• Love 1

Does anyone know when the season four DVD will be available in the US? I've been waiting, and waiting. For some reason, it's been available in Australia (maybe other countries?), but not here. What the hell?