Type keyword(s) to search

Retro Y&R: When the Restless Were Also Young

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Victor and Jill are grandparents now, but they were once considered young, hot sexy things. Not by me but somebody.

Victor Newman made it onto the show in the early 80s, when the Burt Reynolds look was still fairly popular, so I guess I could see why he gained a following.

All I know is, when I was a wee kindergartner and my mom watched Y&R while getting me ready for the afternoon class (y'know, in the days when Kindergarten was still only a half day) the guy looked scary as all shit to me 😭😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Victor and Jill are grandparents now, but they were once considered young, hot sexy things. Not by me but somebody.

They both did have a certain sex appeal back then.

I do think their pairing could have been an interesting one, and I do wonder how a Jill/Victor/Nikki triangle would have turned out. Then again, considering their personalities, they would have imploded as a couple rather quickly I imagine.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I haven't posted in this Y&R forum but used to back on TWoP but I must pour one out for Jerry Douglas. His John Abbott was iconic and he had the OG Fantastic Fists of Fury (I actually called them this on TWoP).

RIP, good sir. 

• Love 13
16 hours ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

I haven't posted in this Y&R forum but used to back on TWoP but I must pour one out for Jerry Douglas. His John Abbott was iconic and he had the OG Fantastic Fists of Fury (I actually called them this on TWoP).

RIP, good sir. 

Hey Kaboom! Good to see you again!

• Love 5

So this is how high class society old-time dance halls in Genoa City roll...find out which high society ladies used to be strippers exotic dancers and ask them to put on a free show...

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I can’t say that I like Ashley’s long, stringy hair hanging in her face. And that dress wasn’t very flattering on her either. The colors were dull and it was too tight across her belly. She can look so fantastic but not lately.

• Love 4
On 11/20/2021 at 10:59 AM, Hiyo said:

So this is how high class society old-time dance halls in Genoa City roll...find out which high society ladies used to be strippers exotic dancers and ask them to put on a free show...

Yeah! That's class! And I loved how the band started up again as Jack marched her out of there. LOL.

• LOL 7

OK-relatively new watcher--I have the men pretty much identified but will someone PLEASE tell the women to wear name tags or different hair so I can tell them apart.

I watched the show when it  first started (yes, I am so old I fart dust} and the story  centered around the Chandlers.  I remember the mother died shortly after the show began This was before VCRs.  Jill was a massive bitch then--I keep hearing about her now--do you ever see her?

And is it true the guy who plays Victor Newman has it in his contract that his character never loses?

• Love 3

Do some men's gyms really have those 3' tall modesty panels ... that you can look right over?  Seems pointless.  I've only seen no panels or panels the height of bathroom stalls.  Don Diamont graced the cover of Playgirl twice (1988 & 1995), once while on Y&R.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 3/16/2022 at 1:38 PM, boes said:

Check it out, Jack!

No, seriously...... check.it.out.

Well that's some unintentional homoerotic shit right there! 🤣🤣🤣

And what's the point of the modesty screen if you can look down and see your neighbors junk anyway?!? OMG, I'm cracking up right now!

• LOL 8

Well that's some unintentional homoerotic shit right there! 🤣🤣🤣

Oh, I don't think it was unintentional at all (nudge, nudge, wink, wink). But kudos to both actors for being so game. I could not see EB doing a scene like that at all, not even back when he still had a relatively tight body.

I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that they didn't get their own spin-off as a crime busting quintet...

Ugh, Neil's moobs. Were those things considered attractive back in the day? And wow, all that big hair.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 4

That one time Kay tried to buy Jill's baby.

Also, gotta love Kay's outfit...is that what super rich widows wore to lounge around in their mansions in the mid-70s?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

That one time Kay tried to buy Jill's baby.

Also, gotta love Kay's outfit...is that what super rich widows wore to lounge around in their mansions in the mid-70s?

The weird filter on the camera and the set makes it look like something out of Dark Shadows. I remember Elizabeth Collins Stoddard dressing like that.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I totally remember that time!  I was rooting for Kay to get the baby -- I think it would have saved her from many lost years of drink.  

Too bad Kay didn't want to buy Billy -- she coulda got him for a STEAL!!

• Applause 2
  • LOL 5
On 6/20/2022 at 10:16 AM, peacheslatour said:

The weird filter on the camera and the set makes it look like something out of Dark Shadows.

I believe it was Kay reliving the conversation, which is why it looked so fuzzy.  Because at the end Kay and Esther come back into focus.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, roughing it said:

I believe it was Kay reliving the conversation, which is why it looked so fuzzy.  Because at the end Kay and Esther come back into focus.

When Kay's character was still alive, they did have a lot of flashbacks of her and Jill especially the fights.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, SoapsSpoilers said:

I loved Nikki and Katherine's friendship.

Me, too.  Katherine was great at innuendo.  "I felt you did."

What the hell animal was on the wall behind them?  I counted at least four horns!  No wonder there is so much cheese in Wisconsin if that's a bull.

• LOL 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, MollyB said:

Me, too.  Katherine was great at innuendo.  "I felt you did."

What the hell animal was on the wall behind them?  I counted at least four horns!  No wonder there is so much cheese in Wisconsin if that's a bull.

It looked like two lighter coloured horns and then darker ones. Really weird. At least it wasn't attached to a face.

Edited by SoapsSpoilers
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MollyB said:

43 minutes ago, SoapsSpoilers said:

It looked like two lighter coloured horns and then darker ones. Really weird. At least it wasn't attached to a face.

Perhaps that was her late husband, Phillip's head?  

It certainly would fit the Kay of that time period.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

It certainly would fit the Kay of that time period.

I'm surprised she didn't have a space next to it reserved for Jill.

The expression on Nikki's face as Katherine suggested getting him drunk. Yikes! They couldn't write any of this now.

I thought she was telling Nikki not to get him drunk, since more alcohol = less ability to er, perform.

The part about her telling Nikki to get into his bed while he is napping is the stuff that couldn't fly today...

• Like 1
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Jaded said:

Saw this in my reccomended videos on YT tonight.

I remember her singing on the show but didn't know about this. I guess I was too busy trying to get Danny's autograph at the mall.

• LOL 7

Here's a question: Andy Richards, one of Diane's ex-husbands and apparently the real love of her life, except that she dumped him when she thought Jack was going to give her an engagement ring, but he only gave her a bracelet as a parting gift, left Genoa City in 1987 to marry Michelle "Farren Connor" Sanderson, and then returned to GC in 2002 with the news that he and Michelle had divorced.  He hung around for six months, rejoining Paul William's detective agency and starting up with Diane again, but then he left - why did he leave, what's the chance he could return.

This is a clip from 2009 when Brad died after saving Noah from drowning.  Other than the Bradsicle sighting, it's an affecting clip.

The upload quality isn't great but even so, take a look at how fresh everyone's acting is (other than Josh Morrow and Michelle Stafford).   This is the Sharon that made such an indelible mark, along with a most excellent Ashley and even a more than decent Victoria.  It's also has my favorite Noah in it.

Sometimes the old days really were better.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

^^^Those are wonderful scenes. We rarely see Ashley and Victoria having a moment together anymore, much less hugging each other.

One question though: who was the person both Colleen and Abby called "Grandma" on the phone? Was it Brad's mother or was Dina around then?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

^^^Those are wonderful scenes. We rarely see Ashley and Victoria having a moment together anymore, much less hugging each other.

One question though: who was the person both Colleen and Abby called "Grandma" on the phone? Was it Brad's mother or was Dina around then?

That had to be Brad's mother.  Dina was absent at that time and as I remember, she didn't even care much when Colleen got killed not that much later on.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1