Type keyword(s) to search

Retro Y&R: When the Restless Were Also Young

• Start Topic

WHY? Why did you post that? And WHY did I watch it? Brain bleach, STAT!

They also ended up in bed together, ya know...

I still liked Victor back then, so I liked him and Jill together, as brief as it was.

Here is a clip of Jill 1.0 attending Victor and Nikki's 1984 wedding...

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 3

This is going way back, mid 80s probably, but back when Danny & Lauren sang, did they ever cover Tina Turner's "What's Love Got To Do With It"?  I seem to remember some connection between the song & Y&R but Googling didn't help. TIA for any help! :)

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Lizzing said:

This is going way back, mid 80s probably, but back when Danny & Lauren sang, did they ever cover Tina Turner's "What's Love Got To Do With It"?  I seem to remember some connection between the song & Y&R but Googling didn't help. TIA for any help! :)

I don't remember that song from Y&R, but I distinctly remember it being featured on Guiding Light around that time.  It was kind of the "theme song" for Philip and India.  Hope that helps!

• Love 3

Okay, so I don't watch (my soaps were the ABC shows), but my mom and I were talking soaps tonight and she blew my mind by telling me I was named after a fave character of both hers and her grandmother's from this show. I need to know who! Google is no help and all Mom can recall now is that she was a goody-good and (probably) had dark hair. So, does anyone recall any dark-haired ingenue types named Melissa from 1981 or earlier? Thanks in advance!

David Tom!Billy was adorable.

What happened to Brittany, anyway?. I remember she had a baby with some shady guy before she left.

And how did Mac win prom queen, since I'm sure she wasn't responsible for this upset?

Guess Jill learned nothing from the Phillip/Nina fiasco, did she?

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 4

Brittany had a baby boy with Bobby Marsino. They named him Joshua. After Bobby was killed in Witness Protection, she moved to New York to live with her parents.

Brittany's final scenes with Jill, Katherine and JT.

Edited by spinxella
  • Love 4
(edited)

Wow that 1974 footage of Katherine and Jill was amazing! Thanks spinxella!

Was Katherine getting so anxious, fidgety about leaving the hair salon because she was THAT alcohol dependent and needed to get home to drink?!? Sheesh!

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, JasonCC said:

Wow that 1974 footage of Katherine and Jill was amazing! Thanks spinxella!

Was Katherine getting so anxious, fidgety about leaving the hair salon because she was THAT alcohol dependent and needed to get home to drink?!? Sheesh!

You know what they say, the problem isn't that your drinking interferes with your job, it's that your job interferes with your drinking.

• Love 8

A scene from 2002 where Lorie Brooks remembers Victor proposing to her in the 1980s:

And here is Nikki stripping to get Victor jealous/interested...I'm guessing it's from the late 80s/early 90s?

• Love 6
23 hours ago, bannana said:

Too bad they couldn't use this as a flashback to help justify Ashley's 30 year later revenge.

This is true. I had forgotten Jack did that. He really was a bastard 

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:23 PM, peacheslatour said:

Ah, yes. Terry Lester. He was something wasn't he?

Yes, but somehow I couldn't hate him. He had a twinkle PB doesn't have.

• Love 6

I started watching when it was Terry Lester, and he was indeed a bastard.  I really disliked PB as Cliff Warner.  But when he took on the role of Jack, he really made it his own.  Still, this was what Jack did.  I just think Ash should have gotten over it back then.  Why wait until you are almost fucking 60 to get revenge?  

• Love 9

I couldn't decide which thread to put this in. I finally decided on this one since it's a soap related game show episode with one of the actresses who's been on and off the show over the years. She's currently on the show for what appears to be her final storyline. There are some soap related questions during the show. These are actresses and actors who play mother and son on their respective shows. Frank played Marc Mergeron who was Dina's stepson that also dated Ashley at one point.

Tattletales (6-1-84) From Soap Stars and Their Mothers Week: Anne Sward and Scott Bryce, Marla Adams and Frank Benard, Marj Dusay and Todd Curtis.

• Love 4

Here's another one with  Jerry Douglas & Deborah Adair. 

Tattletales - Soap Couples Week Episode (1983) A special soap couples week episode of Tattletales, with Deborah Adair & Jerry Douglas, Meg Ryan & Frank Runyeon, and Leslie Graves & Bill Byers playing for their respective shows.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

Here's another one with  Jerry Douglas & Deborah Adair. 

Tattletales - Soap Couples Week Episode (1983) A special soap couples week episode of Tattletales, with Deborah Adair & Jerry Douglas, Meg Ryan & Frank Runyeon, and Leslie Graves & Bill Byers playing for their respective shows.

This brings back a lot of memories. Deborah Adair was Jill before Jess Walton. And I recognize people from As the World Turns. Meg Ryan started there before becoming America's Movie Sweetheart who had bad plastic surgery. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

I recognize people from As the World Turns. Meg Ryan started there before becoming America's Movie Sweetheart who had bad plastic surgery. 

It ticks me off that when she discusses her acting experience she never mentions having been on ATWT, as if it's some kind of dark embarrassing secret.  Unlike Julianne Moore, who not only says she's grateful to ATWT, but also appeared on one of its final episodes.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

It ticks me off that when she discusses her acting experience she never mentions having been on ATWT, as if it's some kind of dark embarrassing secret.  Unlike Julianne Moore, who not only says she's grateful to ATWT, but also appeared on one of its final episodes.

Was that when she played twins?

• Love 3

Just scrolling through the guide, and came across an episode of Diagnosis Murder, titled Death in the Daytime, which took place on the set of Y&R back in 1995. How wonderful to see all our favorites from so long ago! Especially KSJ. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, spinxella said:

Nikki Newman dancing with Marc Mergeron to 'Jump Start My Heart'.

MTS rocking that 80's hair.

MTS put her all into that performance!  Q:  was Marc Mergeron Dina's son or husband?

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I’m beginning to think the Sheila story was likely the first time Lauren ever got anything resembling karmic payback for the bad juju she’d put out into the world at that point. 

Sheila wasn't Lauren's first run-in with a psycho.  When Lauren was married to Paul, some crazy stalker guy (I think his name was Sean) held her captive and eventually buried her alive.  But that validates your point that there's a reason she's a magnet for this kind of crap.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Sheila wasn't Lauren's first run-in with a psycho.  When Lauren was married to Paul, some crazy stalker guy (I think his name was Sean) held her captive and eventually buried her alive.  But that validates your point that there's a reason she's a magnet for this kind of crap.

Agreed--I only vaguely recall the buried-alive thing--could we try it with Phyllis? At least until her hand-polyfilla wears out?

I've always felt that there's something unpleasantly self-interested in Lauren's character, something that more or less eliminates outward loyalties. Never found her appealing. But that's just me.

• Love 8
On 7/6/2019 at 7:39 AM, pearlite said:

I've always felt that there's something unpleasantly self-interested in Lauren's character, something that more or less eliminates outward loyalties. 

That is true about her submitting racy photos of hubbie Paul to some calendar contest without his knowledge.  She did it for herself, not Paul, without even thinking that it might jeopardize his career.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5