Type keyword(s) to search

Pretty Little Liars in the Media

Did anyone see Lucy Hale on Watch What Happens Live? Andy asked her a bunch of questions about the show, and she said:

- in response to who A is, she said she thinks it's one of the main four girls

- in response to who killed Mona, she said that she thinks Alison killed Mona

- in response to whether Alison and Bethany are sisters, she said she couldn't say because she may get in trouble

- in response to whether Aria is A, she said people think that because she is always "missing in action" but that Aria is just busy having a "creepy" relationship with Ezra

• Love 2

They probably don't tell Lucy because she can't act inconspicuous.  When Toby was supposed to be A, Keegan's acting got considerably more creepy and jilted.  Lucy would give it away in every single scene.  Ian Harding literally looked like the cat who swallowed the canary and liked it.  Lucy would totally ruin it. 

I loved Ian when he thought he was bad. You could tell he had a blast with it. It's too bad he wasn't final A. 

But Lucy isn't a bad actress. I doubt that's it. In fact, she's been playing at making herself seem guilty with little facial expressions and such. But I've seen her give away several spoilers. I doubt the girl who plays Jenna, knows either. She's even worse than Lucy. 

• Love 1

Sadly, in this day and age Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey are considered by (too) many people as the height of romance, so the popularity of Ezzzzzzzzria is hardly surprising .

You know, sometimes I think that I'd have less frustration in my life if I stopped watching shows made to appeal to tween girls. Our interests tend to part ways quite a bit.

• Love 2

You know, sometimes I think that I'd have less frustration in my life if I stopped watching shows made to appeal to tween girls. Our interests tend to part ways quite a bit.

I wish I could quit them. Maybe if the major networks gave me something other than CSI: San Antonio and NCIS: Pearl Harbor to look forward to.

Edited by lorikauai
  • Love 2

Does that bonus scene tie into anything or was it just meant to advertise the movie Project Almanac?  I was thinking the latter, but I could total see them having an entire episode of just Alison thinking about what her life would be like if she was actually a decent person, somewhat like the black and white episode they did in season 4.  It would be complete filler but it might be more interesting then watching the writers recycle old storylines.

• Love 1

I actually kind of like that about him, he is so different from other guys in his position. I do think he could look better though if he tried to make the best out of his looks and dressed differently. I like the fact that he does what he wants though, he's not trying to be anyone he isn't..

Ian Harding is actually a really cool guy from what I've heard. He seemed to have a blast as the bad guy, it's too bad the writers didn't continue that for him. 

He's much more attractive as not Ezra, but he reminds me too much of Seth Macfarlene.

I know, I read the Reddit spoilers. I suppose they could have tacked an A reveal on at the end and that Reddit person didn't get to see that in their copy, but it's more likely that it's just the usual bullsht. I'm getting annoyed by all of these empty promises.

• Love 1

Maybe if we are lucky, the writers/producers did something like the TobAy reveal, where they shot the same scene with multiple characters and only the top people actually know which version will be used, hence it not showing up in the Reddit spoilers.  I know I am being way too naive, but hey I need something to motivate me to watch the final.

• Love 1

Pretty Little Liars Creator I. Marlene King Just Dropped a Cryptic Finale Clue

(The clue itself is nothing really, but the interview is interesting.) 

PS: You've said there's going to be a period where we know who "A" is, and the characters don't. How is this going to change the game?

IMK: Well it's not really true. I think I've been misquoted a little bit. In the finale the audience and the pretty little liars will find out this big reveal all at the same time. Actually, Spencer finds it out like a minute before the other girls, but we'll find this out together.

PS: How do you think the dynamic is going to change after that?

IMK: It's going to change a lot. Our Summer season — which is only 10 episodes long — is all about closure. Telling the final 10 episodes of this story we started many, many seasons ago. It's just sort of full steam ahead and answers, answers, answers. I mean we gave a lot of answers in our season four finale when Ali came back, but these are all the "A"-related questions. Some people have guessed the answers on multiple occasions, but all those answers will be revealed in the next 10 episodes. This is our chance to finally end this great and wonderful story.

It's just sort of full steam ahead and answers, answers, answers.

Some people have guessed the answers on multiple occasions, but all those answers will be revealed in the next 10 episodes. This is our chance to finally end this great and wonderful story.

All will be revealed.  Answers, answers, answers.  Yeah, right. </sarcasm>

And if they are going to wrap up the whole 'A' story line in the next 10 episodes, what are they going to do for the next two seasons ?  

• Love 2

It's confusingly worded, but I think she's talking about the final season (10 episodes long) there. Because that's the final season, she's probably actually telling the truth about answers! If not, then I have no clue what she's talking about; it wouldn't make sense to wrap up the A story with a whole season remaining.

Another interview:

EXCLUSIVE: 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Talks Big 'A' Reveal: 'Oh My God — 'A' Has a Soul!'

Pretty Little Liars is known for their jaw-dropping finales, how does episode finale stack up to the others?

MK: I think that it's our most sophisticated, most ambitious, and by far the most edgy episode to date.

The phrase, "Big A Reveal" can be taken two different ways. Will fans be learning the entire identity of 'A' or just one part of the answer?

MK: It's such a hard question to answer. If I were talking to you after the episode, it's very easy to explain it because it will make sense. I don’t want to sound cagey because I don’t want to make the fans thinks we're not giving them this massive reveal. It is the biggest reveal we’ve ever given so far. In so many ways you will know who this person is, but I will just say there is a little bit more story left to tell after the episode -- not a lot of story, but a little bit.

All will be revealed.  Answers, answers, answers.  Yeah, right. </sarcasm>

And if they are going to wrap up the whole 'A' story line in the next 10 episodes, what are they going to do for the next two seasons ?  

I was coming here to ask the same thing. I've been reading IMK interviews all morning (I am going crAzy waiting for tonight). If they'll wrap up A in 10 episodes, why bother with 2 full seasons?

• Love 1

I mean we gave a lot of answers in our season four finale when Ali came back...

What? Maybe my memory is failing me but what answers were there in that episode? Apart from answering the question "can this show get anymore stupid", that is.

Wasn't season 4 supposed to be the "season of answers"? I am sure this phrase was included in the advertising campaign for one of the last few seasons. I know Marlene has little choice but to string people along but at some point people are going to regard her as the boy who cried wolf.

It's confusingly worded, but I think she's talking about the final season (10 episodes long) there. Because that's the final season, she's probably actually telling the truth about answers!

The final half-season should be in the winter and spring, as all the PLL B seasons have been, so how can she be talking about it?

• Love 3

I think she enjoys toying with us. I can't believe she gets misquoted that often. True, a lot of people may read things into her answers that they want to hear, but she is big on promising things and then taking them back.

Edited by Preity
  • Love 1

These interviews tell me that we aren't finding out crap tonight or the next couple of midsession finales. Ugh, I don't know how they stay on the air after toying with people so much. Troian and I are too old for this.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 3

I need to stop reading this forum at work because I am crying literal tears of laughter right now. You guys are HYSTERICAL.

And yeah sure ok we'll know everything NEXT season. Never heard that one before. Marlene must think we're idiots.

• Love 1

Someone collected a bunch of Marlene's finale tweets here (click to make them bigger).

Looks like she really does intend to wrap the "Big A" story up in 10 episodes this summer. No idea what she plans to do with the show after that. (Probably introduce some new person who's even higher up the food chain than Big A, let's be real.)

Interesting. Did they get a reduced order or something for season six? I like the sound of ten episodes for the first half of the season, but there might be a holiday special and then you never know how many episodes are going to be in 6B.