Type keyword(s) to search

Pretty Little Liars in the Media

Probably introduce some new person who's even higher up the food chain than Big A, let's be real.)

I bet their name will be Triple A.

Apparently the long-awaited time-skip will be in season 6. That is unless Marlene is being a Pretty Big Liar again, of course. I hope there will be a time-skip as soon as possible because they are starting to really push the limits of Dawson casting and it's not like the protagonists are spending much screen time in school anyway.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 2

Someone collected a bunch of Marlene's finale tweets here (click to make them bigger).

Looks like she really does intend to wrap the "Big A" story up in 10 episodes this summer. No idea what she plans to do with the show after that. (Probably introduce some new person who's even higher up the food chain than Big A, let's be real.)

Isn't the Black Widow supposed to be the final bad guy.  I remember this being the rumor when she first showed up at the start of season four (at Wilden's funeral) and I could be wrong but I think MK confirmed it (though we all know how much her word means).  Maybe that's were the last season and a half will be going?

• Love 1

More "revelations" from the PLL crew - 14 Mind-Blowing Secrets to Keep You Hooked Until Season 6!

About half of those "mind-blowing secrets" are obvious to anyone who is paying even the slightest attention, the rest are mostly Janel and Oliver beating their own drum. I particularly liked that part:

You will finally see 'A's face and you will understand who 'A' is, how 'A' got to be big 'A', and it will all make sense. You will look back and you will all go, 'Wow!'"

Only they missed one sentence: here is the original transcript: "You will look back and you will all go, 'Wow! You are kidding, right?!?!?!'".

Just kidding. Though, I bet the reaction of many, many people will be exactly that.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 4

I like this:

The PLL Time Jump Will Be Satisfying: After the Liars finally unveil the face behind the mask, fans will be treated to a huge time jump in the winter 2016 season. "It's really satisfying jump with some wonderful surprises," the PLL boss teased. "We've sort of set up their sights and talents and interests and loved ones in previous episodes. So you won't be like, 'Oh my god where did that come from?!' but there are some things you won't see coming."

Season 6 Will Be Compressed: We're no longer going to be stuck in Rosewood's perpetual autumn! Goldstick said it's time to speed up the PLL timeline. "It's a compression. We're doing season 6A as three weeks, two weeks before graduation," he said. "And the trauma and the fall-out of that bunker will inform all of the 10 episodes and help them solve finally the mystery of A."

The weird timeline and the drawing out of the A reveal are two of my biggest issues with this show, so I welcome a 10-episode wrap-up and then a large time jump for the remainder of the series.

As for the rest of that writeup, I notice that the article writer refers to A as Charles, but Goldstick is careful to only call A "A," so I think the writer is making a big (possibly inaccurate) assumption there.

You will finally see 'A's face and you will understand who 'A' is, how 'A' got to be big 'A', and it will all make sense. You will look back and you will all go, 'Wow!'"

The PLL Time Jump Will Be Satisfying: After the Liars finally unveil the face behind the mask, fans will be treated to a huge time jump in the winter 2016 season. "It's really satisfying jump with some wonderful surprises," the PLL boss teased. "We've sort of set up their sights and talents and interests and loved ones in previous episodes. So you won't be like, 'Oh my god where did that come from?!' but there are some things you won't see coming."

Season 6 Will Be Compressed: We're no longer going to be stuck in Rosewood's perpetual autumn! Goldstick said it's time to speed up the PLL timeline. "It's a compression. We're doing season 6A as three weeks, two weeks before graduation," he said. "And the trauma and the fall-out of that bunker will inform all of the 10 episodes and help them solve finally the mystery of A."

Yeah, yeah, yeah, and the name "Charles" was the big A reveal. I don't believe any of the crap these people put out, it all turns out to be lies.

• Love 2

Its a little annoying that the show doesnt stand for itself and writers have to explain everything on social media... 

Also I know the time-jump is kind of necessary bc the actors are all like 30... But I really hope this doesn't turn into a Harry Potter epilogue situation where nothing has changed AT ALL since hs and they are all married to their high school boyfriends/girlfriend. Lets see some real character development if we have a time jump please!

• Love 2

When I first heard there was a time jump coming, I imagined that the show was going to skip over the next fifty A traps and red herring and just show us the end result of the Lairs being in constant life or death situations.  Basically I was picturing four versions of Sarah Connor from Terminator 2.

But in all seriousness the time jump is a really interesting opportunity for the writers to develop the characters, introduce new conflicts, and tighten up the plot.  Passed on the track record of this writing team, I am almost literally praying that the writers do not waste that potential.

I'm curious how long the time-jump will be -- months or years ?  

It probably won't be a jump until a time after they all graduate from college and come back to Rosewood -- since it's not like any of the PLLS are going to even get into college based on the fact they probably won't even complete their senior high school year since they have all been arrested as accessories to a murder and then imprisoned by a crazy stalker.

Maybe they will be imprisoned by A for years.  Fun, wow !

If college is skipped and the girls end up coming back to Rosewood, are we gonna start all over with a new A targeting them once they all get back together? What other story could they tell? I can't picture any of them graduating from college (what college would even take them?) and having real jobs. How could they keep a job chasing A? And I really really really hope and pray that a 4 year time jump doesn't end with Aria married to Ezra. This would be the perfect time to erase him from the show.

• Love 1

I don't think everyone will go to college.

Aria will probably get into SCAD and become the new sensation of the art world at best OR fall in love with a teacher again only this time she gets caught and expelled. Which will finally force her to deal with her daddy issues.

Hannah will probably go to an Ivy school and rule the world (with Caleb).

Spencer will take a year off. Then maybe become a darker Veronica Mars (technically she already is except she's not half as efficient and her dad is not the best dad in the world).

Emily hasn't had a college storyline since early season 4 when she met with Spencers counselor. I'd say she's gonna get a job at Habitat for Humanity.

I wouldn't mind the show without A. This season they went without A for a few episodes and I really liked it (there was one focused on Mona / Hannah which was so good!). All the girls have good dynamic between them.

• Love 3
Aria will probably get into SCAD and become the new sensation of the art world at best OR fall in love with a teacher again only this time she gets caught and expelled. Which will finally force her to deal with her daddy issues.

LOL

I wouldn't mind the show without A. This season they went without A for a few episodes and I really liked it (there was one focused on Mona / Hannah which was so good!). All the girls have good dynamic between them.

And where would the mystery in that be? :/

Edited by GiulianoLanzilli

LOL

And where would the mystery in that be? :/

There's enough fodder for potential mysteries from all the dropped story threads/red herrings that the show could actually survive without an A for its last year and a half.  Something derived from the history of the NAT Club.  Something connected with what Alison was really doing during her disappearance and why she lied about it/her true connection with Cyrus.  The girls could be recruited by an undercover cop investigating why the Rosewood PD has a history of corruption/crooked staff many of which seemed to have a connection with NAT Club and/or A Game...

• Love 2

I Wonder what Ali will do after highschool? Assuming she gets out of prison for not killing Mona and nobody else really kills her for the horrible stuff she has done.

I don't really think they can go back to any of the red herring stuff or the loose ends after a 4 year time jump. I wouldn't buy it anyway. If this whole story is really going to be wrapped up before then something new has to happen. Could be new murders in Rosewood, maybe someone close to the girls and they try to solve them or something like that, but they have to have some sort of mystery or else or wouldn't be PLL..

• Love 1
101. Ashley why didn’t you CHECK to see if your daughter was home before you started dry humping the detective in the hallway.

102. OH WAIT NOW YOU’RE LOOKING RIGHT AT HER.

103. Oh God you wanted her to see.

104. This is so fucked up.

105. GREAT MOTHERING SKILLS THERE.

LMAO! XD

Edited by GiulianoLanzilli
  • Love 3

Seriously she's right that all the stuff with Ezra is even ickier and makes no sense on rewatch. I started listening to the series from the beginning while at work today, and have spent so many of his scenes going "WTF? This is all for research?" They really should have skipped the EzrA plot and saved it for the end, because it's really the only way he makes any sense on the show. I know, I know...this show and sense are not acquaintances...but I wish they were.

• Love 4

Like the Monica and Chandler pact?

Sure let them have at it!

I don't mean to be superficial but I don't think these two will have trouble marrying anyone they want. Unless they're secretly in love and meant to be which would be nice I guess

(edited)

Like the Monica and Chandler pact?

Sure let them have at it!

I don't mean to be superficial but I don't think these two will have trouble marrying anyone they want. Unless they're secretly in love and meant to be which would be nice I guess

Or unless they're secretly gay (well, mostly Keegan because he's never been rumored to be dating anyone) and there have been a few instances during some of his interviews that might hint at his alledged homosexuality...

Edited by Giuliano Lanzilli
  • Love 2

Or unless they're secretly gay (well, mostly Keegan because he's never been rumored to be dating anyone) and there have been a few instances during some of his interviews that might hint at his alledged homosexuality...

Beard wedding. All will be well until the whole thing is busted and then she'll write a memoir about it: How I Failed In Love. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I'd put my money  on Ashley B. and Tyler B. for a future beard wedding. I haven't been able to shake that feeling for years now, from Tyler's side, and it has bled on the way I watch Hanna and Caleb, for sure.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley

I think it's funny that article describes his character of Caleb as a "bad boy" Really? Caleb is one of the few males on TV (and especially on this show) who I would hold up as an example of a terrific, loving, and supportive boyfriend, capable of being in a healthy relationship. I guess their mileage must vary from my own :-)

• Love 1

I'd put my money  on Ashley B. and Tyler B. for a future beard wedding. I haven't been able to shake that feeling for years now, from Tyler's side, and it has bled on the way I watch Hanna and Caleb, for sure.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if it was from both sides. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if it was from both sides. 

OMG why? XD Anyway it has been rumored for quite a while that Brant Daugherty (Noel Kahn) is gay and, given his slightly high-pitched voice and mannerisms that he shows in his interviews, I don't think it's that far-fetched. That said, he's one of the most scrumptious human beings I've ever seen: his face is just flawless (and his body ain't that bad either)! Hehehe

• Love 1
(edited)

This thread is for conversations about media references to Pretty Little Liars. Thus far, the entire topic of the actors' sexuality has been based on pure speculation.  

Ok, so which is the appropriate thread?

I will start that thread for you, but the mods ask that you stick to discussing info posted elsewhere on the web and try not to veer into unfounded speculation.

And where's the fun in that? 

Anyway, as far as I am concerned at least, I'm done. I don't have anything else to say on this topic so starting a new thread may not be necessary after all :)

• Love 1

ABC Family had its upfront today. PLL returns Tuesday, June 2. 

In the sixth season of the hit drama series, “Pretty Little Liars”, the Liars solve the puzzle and unmask Charles, finally putting an end to the “A” game. “Pretty Little Liars” will premiere on Tuesday, June 2nd at 8:00 – 9:00 PM ET/PT.

• Love 2

I hope there will be a time-skip as soon as possible because they are starting to really push the limits of Dawson casting and it's not like the protagonists are spending much screen time in school anyway.

It's just getting ridiculous. They should have let the girls graduate in season 4 (with one season representing one semester of school), and then do the time jump for season 5, like what One Tree Hill did. They did it, and it bought them five more years.

There's also no way these girls would actually have enough credits to graduate given the amount of school they've all missed.

Edited by methodwriter85