Type keyword(s) to search

Broadchurch in the Media

... And it's just been announced he's going to be at the Wizard World in Philadelphia on May 10 with Billie Piper, his first costar from Doctor Who. I wonder if Marvel Comics is getting him to make fan appearances in advance of the AKA Jessica Jones series.

And my daughter and I are going!  VIP tickets bought!  I can't wait.

• Love 1

I honestly doubt they could shoot this year. Olivia Colman is pregnant, and David Tennant has a pretty packed schedule (currently shooting his new Marvel TV series, then a movie, then back to the Royal Shakespeare Company at the end of the year).

It looked like there would be a gap between June when David gets back and October when the Glasgow movie is to film. That's basically the same time they filmed last year.

I know Jodie Whittaker's due to give birth in the next week or so and I think Olivia's due sooner than she's letting on. Joe Simms (Nige) hinted at it by saying he thinks they all (including Andrew Buchan's wife, Amy) got pregnant on a weekend when the spouses visited.

Since the filming had onlookers getting somewhat too close last year, I wouldn't be surprised if Chibnall said that to keep people from booking holidays specifically to watch the third series being filmed.

• Love 1

Thought I'd mention that Broadchurch 2 just won the prestigeous inaugeral Yahooie Award (yeah, really).  And Chris Chibnall let slip that he was writing the script for series 3.

It also won the British popular vote award TV Choice Award (Tennant - also a winner, Dooley, and Myles were there), and UK press does seem to assume that filming starts next summer.

• Love 1

Surprise, surprise! A little bit of filming for series 3 has started.
http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/03/broadchurch-begins-filming-in-dorset-before-danny-latimers-murder-house-is-demolished-5598123/

I guess Chris Chibnall must be worried the house won't be there in the summer when they do the main filming on the new series.
This makes me really curious as to what look David Tennant is going to have when he starts his run as Richard II on Wednesday!

The new actors: Julie Hesmondhalgh, Georgina Campbell, Sarah Parish, Charlie Higson and Mark Bazeley.

Returning cast announced: David Tennant, Olivia Colman, Andrew Buchan, Jodie Whittaker, Carolyn Pickles, Arthur Darvill, Adam Wilson

There's some speculation in fan forums that Sarah Parish, who's played David Tennant's lover in Blackpool and wife in Recovery, might be Hardy's love interest. But then, people thought Eve Myles was going to play Hardy's ex-wife in series 2 and that turned out to be untrue. In fact, Lucy Cohu, who did play the ex and Shaun Dooley, who played Ricky Gillespie, were never announced in the cast ahead of BC2, even though both are established actors. So there could be more cast that they won't announce to keep the audience guessing.

Charlotte Rampling announced last fall that she would not be in the third series.

No announcement about air dates yet. They finish filming in October -- about parallel to when they finished filming series 2 in 2014. So going by that, maybe January in the UK? It depends on when ITV thinks it will draw the most audience. It would be great if BBC America broadcast it closer to the UK showings too.

• Love 2

I won't watch the clip because I enjoy surprises but I did just watch the deleted scene in  Season 2 when Hardy calls his wife "love" in the middle of an argument and Miller winces so delightfully.  

I love these actors and I love them together. If this season pretty much has them driving around discussing the case I will be very happy.

Okay I could not resist the clip.  No spoilers other than they are in scenes together and there is coffee.  And Hardy is grumpy!   Woohoo!

5 hours ago, Milburn Stone said:

BBC America's website is unclear, but it seems to say that Series 3 is airing now. Is that true?

It's not on any schedule I could find. I don't think they have announced the air date yet.

Fair enough; Series 3 begins February 27 in the UK.  I don't track it closely until the US date is announced, and from the uptick in traffic here I just assumed it had started, instead of realizing that the promos are running over there....

I just searched the BBC America schedule. The schedule's posted up to March 10th, but Broadchurch is nowhere to be seen on it. At one point there was a Broadchurch preview scheduled for Sunday but it's gone from the sched now.

For what it's worth, Australia is getting the series starting next Friday, March 3;
New Zealand starts Sunday, March 5 at 8:30 PM; and
Canada (ShowcaseTV) starts Sunday, March 5 at 10 PM.

So once again, New Zealand and Canada get it BEFORE the US. Woo hoo!

(edited)

????. But...I have 3 shows on my list for summer viewing - Broadchurch, Younger, and Suits. When do they ALL air? Wednesday at 10:00. At least Fargo, which airs Wednesdays at 10, will be done by then.

Edited by chitowngirl
On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 6:38 PM, chitowngirl said:

????. But...I have 3 shows on my list for summer viewing - Broadchurch, Younger, and Suits. When do they ALL air? Wednesday at 10:00. At least Fargo, which airs Wednesdays at 10, will be done by then.

I watch Younger also...thank the tv gods for On Demand. (I don't have a  DVR) 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, J-Man said:

Does anyone know where or if season 3 is streaming? It's not on Hulu's BBC-America channel, and Netflix only has seasons 1 and 2.

I'm watching it as it airs weekly on BBC America. Only two episodes so far...

• Love 1