Type keyword(s) to search

S00.E08: Cupid's Ink

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

These four didn't know each other previously, right? Yet the minute they get in the stew room together, they start posturing and talking shit. Ink Master contestants as a whole represent their profession so poorly it makes me never want to get a tattoo. I've forgotten most of the artists on the show but still want to say the only nice person ever to be on was Tommy.

Since the show is ostensibly about the artwork/tattoos, I guess I should mention that most were mediocre. Julia winning the second round with illegible lettering? Yeah, the average was skewed down pretty low. Nick's microphones and final heart were the best of the day. Ashley's bleeding maze was unrecognizable -- it was drawn well enough but the idea behind it didn't translate. She should have tried to talk the canvas out of it and just have the dagger pierce the heart.

Cheap-ass show couldn't come up with more than $10K prize?

• Love 1

I do enjoy this show, but it would be soooo much better if we didn't have to watch them posture and argue, and show the tattoos longer, or give us more of the tattooing process. It helps to watch this show only on DVR!

• Love 2

These four didn't know each other previously, right? Yet the minute they get in the stew room together, they start posturing and talking shit. Ink Master contestants as a whole represent their profession so poorly it makes me never want to get a tattoo. I've forgotten most of the artists on the show but still want to say the only nice person ever to be on was Tommy.

Based on what previous contestants have had to say, I doubt it was immediate or because they were trying to represent anything at all. During regular seasons, the contestants have been kept in that room, often on very little sleep and for extended periods of time, until the producers got the conflict and melodrama that they demanded.

This was so bad. Not one of those "artists" needed nor deserved a chance to return. Nick went from wuss to asshole. Julie told a canvas to fuck off. The other chick quit and I never need to see delusional Mike again.

And mediocre would be too kind to the tats they put out. A disappointment all around.

• Love 2

Had this sitting on my DVR and finally got around to watching. Lots of weak sauce and weak tattoos. They were really scrapping the bottom of the barrel with this bunch. I mean, was anyone clamoring for Mystical Mike to return? Didn't we have enough of his scratchy, Etch-A-Sketch tattoos the last time around?

Spent a lot of time fast forwarding because I just couldn't bring myself to give a crap. There was nothing done the entire show that deserved winning. Nick's final piece was decent, but not exactly exciting. And with the bar set so painfully low, it's not a surprise that he won. So yay... I guess.

Who do we have to fuck to get Josh back?

• Love 1