Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: One Life

I really loved seeing him in his flashback wig. I miss beautiful shampoo commercial Ichabod.

As for the lasagna, I also find myself hunting for directions, especially when they put it on the side flap, but this box said "microwave" in huge letters right on the front, so you would think that he had least knew that frying it would be wrong and pick something else.

Oh, so do I! Don't you recall me lamenting on the loss of all that hair?!

I totally missed that! I thought that "Microwave" or whatever was a fake brand name of the dish. You know, like Sleepy Hollow's version of "Stouffer's", hee!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3
By the way, I haven't heard any discussion about that oh-so-subtle mention of Orpheus and Eurydice yet (the lamp Ichabod used in the beginning was said to belong to them).

I noticed, but forgot to comment on it, but yeah, I do think this was a bit of clever foreshadowing, and how Crane saves Abbie, is going to unfold very similarily to the tale of Orpheus and Eurydice. The show has been doing this all season, dropping little hints here and there.

And on a purely shallow note: so niiiiiiiice to see Mison again.

It's always nice to see him. Love this man to death. And such a brilliant actor. He did such a good job at showing how Crane was lost, but also grasping at straws and just obsessed. That's typical Crane.

Cue in my eye roll to the max when Sophie came in to try and "arrest" Ichabod.  Did so love his, 'if you're going to charge me, do it, otherwise leave me alone.'

Me too. I totally loved this scene. He just did not care and had no time for Sophie's BS.

• Love 6

Lately - as I mentioned above - I have felt that the Ichabod/Betsy flashbacks are to mirror or parallel his partnership with Abbie and set Abbie apart. Boobsy let Nathan Hale die. Abbie never would. Boobsy doesn't elevate Ichabod to being better just by being there (she doesn't at all). Abbie DOES. Boobsy doesn't make Ichabod reckless and desperate. Abbie does. The whole Nathan/Boobsy flashback served two purposes:

1. To show how desperate Ichabod WAS being in comparison to his buttoned up old self.  To any fan not familiar with Ichabod's tight posture, etc.. he may not have looked completely desperate and a hot mess.  But we who have watched him know that he is terribly desperate.  I don't think he looked this messed up when he redrew that map.  But this time - he literally risked unleashing hell on earth to get Abbie back.  Talk about crossing lines for someone you ... love.  
  2. To help Ichabod gain some sense of self so he could stop being quite so reckless and think more clearly in order to bring Abbie back.  I don't think he was thinking that he'd just abandon her - he was thinking that he needed to be smarter in order to successfully bring her back and not unleash hell in the process.  Boobsy would abandon her partner, but he refuses to.

The only issue this week is that his flashbacks had NOTHING to do with the demon they were facing - but I'm kinda glad it didn't - because I don't want Sophie let in on THAT.  She still doesn't know Ichabod is 250+ years old.

I do wonder what causes Abbie's hair to go kinky-coily.  Does she find a stream to wash in?  And her clothes look different too in the promo... she appears to be wearing a short sleeved gray top - instead of her black ops outfit.

I think PanOne are supposed to be another mirror/parallel to Ichabbie.  The toxic/abusive PanOne vs Ichabbie.  This season seems to be all about partners.

• Love 7

Also the flashbacks...happened. Look, show, the flashbacks here haven't gotten to Arrow levels of pointless and stupid, but its getting dangerously close. I am watching you.

As long as they don't get to Once Upon A Time levels of pointless and stupid, it's all good.

not a big fan of any of the other performers

Lyndie hasn't been in that much, but I've seen at least scenes from everything Nicole has been in and her ass isn't the only thing that's fine -- her acting is exceptional (but if you want to see more than her ass, check out her scene in Shame.  Oh My GAWWWWDDDD!!!!).  There's a scene in 42 -- she plays Jackie Robinson's wife -- where she doesn't say much, if anything, and let's her face do the acting as he steals his way from first to home.  She is completely awesome.

Not that I'm obsessed or anything!

• Love 8

PS - Pandora, you in danger, girl. Run or put his suffering butt back into the tree where you found him.

Zod’s outward physique disguises the fact that, inside, he’s really just a grumpy old man.  He simply sits around all day, turning that wheel, while complaining about those damn kids on his earth and how everything is Pandora’s fault.  Hopefully, Pandora will soon wake up and realize, while missing Zod’s fine body, she had forgotten what a total crank he was.  She'll remember how happy life was when it was just her, the tree, a truck full of amazing clothes/wigs and having total control over her own box.  When that revelation hits, Pandora will grow a new tree to sprout herself   widow’s weeds and funeral music for a god.

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 13

I finally got a chance to watch last night. I did enjoy it, tho I laughed at the Joenny kiss-I bought it all until that antipassion. I like that Ichabod dealt with a faux Abbie as did Abbie to a faux Ichabod in Purgatory. Both are so desperate in those moments that they ignore the rules of the game-Abbie almost drinking; Ichabod using that dicey spell.

I agree that the scenes with Betsy were to demonstrate how far he's come regarding partners and that the lasagna scene is not played for laughs at all, but if there must be flashbacks each epi, I miss the variety of players. OT, Can't he have met Phyllis Wheatly? When he does his man out of time bit, background music or the timing or other people's responses, chiefly Abbie, let me know it's in fun. That scene was depressing & I totally get it; when I am off my game, I've put meat in the pantry & cereal in the fridge.

As far as PanOne goes, Greek gods & goddesses rarely had their collective love stuff together. Lots of deceiving, betrayal, revenge, sleeping around, etc. People change, even gods. Pandora may have had time to develop agency while CrustyDusty may still see her as the formal frail mortal he saved/upgraded. I think she will wake up to that(She seemed terribly uncomfortable, yet projected a plastic calm) and/or the two may face a tragic end while Ichabbie prosper. I think she'll have a redeeming moment, motivated by whatever connection she has to Abbie. She's bad to the bone, but I dig her.

Can't wait to see Abbie back-Sophie can work in small doses; I like that you can see how perceptive she is & she's pretty patient. I love Abbie, but if he kept quoting her to me, I might have head butted him. She can stay as long as Ichabbie remains the main attraction. Heh heh heh "attraction." *Beavis & Butthead laughs

• Love 3

I couldn't agree more with the bolded.  It was like Abbie was dead and Sophie was basically being initiated into the group in her place.  

I know Abbie is fine (thankfully) and I'm ok with Sophie being around, but the way they emphasized the Crane/Sophie partnership was unsettling.  There were too many parallels to Abbie to be coincidental, like Sophie being orphaned young, and her awareness of supernatural activity at a young age.  Bad enough that Abbie was gone the whole time.  Felt like the beginning of s2 all over again.  I wish the monster hadn't been a fakeout, and it really was Abbie trying to reach Crane.  But again, I'm just glad she's alive and I hope she returns soon.

That said, I didn't think Crane gave up on Abbie in the end.  I took that to mean that he wasn't going to obsess over the search and make another grave mistake like he did this week.  

Betsy Ross continues to bore me.  

I actually "awwed" over Jenny and Joe.  Randall can stick around because he's funny.

The look Reynolds had on his face when Sophie suggested they lay off of Ichibod led me to believe he'd be investigating her next, which could lead to him to discovering the supernatural (similar to Sophie finding absolute proof) and then he'll be part of the Scooby Gang - leading to three male/female partnerships. Yes, I'm ignoring his past with Abbie. I don't want to think about it.

I've seen this commented on in several places, but I don't think he was sleeping with the mirror. He had pulled it off the wall to examine it. His eyes were open and he had his face pressed against it trying to get a certain perspective. When the phone rings and he jerks upright, you can see that he was just bent over with his feet on the ground the whole time. And the quality of light in the room and at the window never changes, so there's no passage of time.

I sort of split the difference. I did think he fell asleep (not for all night - just for a little bit), and laughed when I saw he was standing up.

The Nathan Hale execution scene annoyed the heck out of me. The TV trope of conspirators discussing their secrets in public just bugs me to no end. In this case even more than usual, since they were surrounded by the crowd watching and the redcoats were very close (with reason to observe the crowd) And speaking of the crowd, Betsy said specifically in this or the other scene that there were civilians who were spying for the Brits, it was just beyond stupid.

Edited by clanstarling
  • Love 2

Whoever said that Sophie is basically the new Frank - I agree with that... although I wonder what Daniel's purpose is now.  I feel like the writers dropped something.  If they want to do a triangle with Daniel/Abbie/Ichabod - they need to do more development there... even more so if they want to go for a quad including Sophie.

I just don't get what they are after.

• Love 1

Whoever said that Sophie is basically the new Frank - I agree with that... although I wonder what Daniel's purpose is now.  I feel like the writers dropped something.  If they want to do a triangle with Daniel/Abbie/Ichabod - they need to do more development there... even more so if they want to go for a quad including Sophie.

I just don't get what they are after.

Hopefully they're after none of the above, I have no interest in seeing quads or triangles. I think it would further deteriorate this already fragile show.

Regarding Sophie being the next Frank, that may be, but right now I'm just not seeing it. Frank was not only in the loop, but he was a mover and shaker. He could divert resources and cover for Abbie and crew in a way Sophie will not be able to do. Right now, Sophie is a soldier not a leader and honestly long term I can't see how she will be useful to the group unless she eventually replaces Abbie or Jenny. Also, for the life of me I can't see why the show would try to create another Frank when they wrote themselves into a corner with the real Frank and couldn't get out of it. Then didn't know what to do with Frank #2 i.e. Reyes. As a result she ended up disappearing without explanation.

Like someone mentioned up thread we don't need new members to the Scooby gang. I think Abbie/Crane/Jenny/Joe have it down. We need more villains or people in gray space who will raise the stakes for our witnesses, make things more interesting.

• Love 4

The Nathan Hale execution scene annoyed the heck out of me. The TV trope of conspirators discussing their secrets in public just bugs me to no end. In this case even more than usual, since they were surrounded by the crowd watching and the redcoats were very close (with reason to observe the crowd) And speaking of the crowd, Betsy said specifically in this or the other scene that there were civilians who were spying for the Brits, it was just beyond stupid.

The first Nathan Hale scene was even dumber, with Betsy breaking down how much Hale couldn't afford to be caught by the british doing illegal stuff standing in earshot of a handful of strangers who absolutely wouldn't be paying attention to find out why the young lady with the heaving breasts looked like she was six inches from assaulting him with his spyglass.

• Love 7

Zod’s outward physique disguises the fact that, inside, he’s really just a grumpy old man.  He simply sits around all day, turning that wheel, while complaining about those damn kids on his earth and how everything is Pandora’s fault.  Hopefully, Pandora will soon wake up and realize, while missing Zod’s fine body, she had forgotten what a total crank he was.  She'll remember how happy life was when it was just her, the tree, a truck full of amazing clothes/wigs and having total control over her own box.  When that revelation hits, Pandora will grow a new tree to sprout herself   widow’s weeds and funeral music for a god.

Oh totally. That was the exact thing that I thought what I watched it. Zod, get off your lazy entitled ass and do something about it, instead of sitting back in your Lazy-Boy, whining about his lack of powers, then threatening his wife. If I were Pandora, I'd shoot his ass back into the tree and go find a better husband.

So now this makes me wonder two things: a) will SHE be the one to ultimately rescue Abbie, or help Crane rescue Abbie, in order to get the power to give to Zod, or b) will she switch sides and basically kick Zod to the curb and move onto to other evilly things. The only reason she WAS messing with the Witnesses early season was to get Hubby back, so then what?

Lately - as I mentioned above - I have felt that the Ichabod/Betsy flashbacks are to mirror or parallel his partnership with Abbie and set Abbie apart. Boobsy let Nathan Hale die. Abbie never would. Boobsy doesn't elevate Ichabod to being better just by being there (she doesn't at all). Abbie DOES. Boobsy doesn't make Ichabod reckless and desperate. Abbie does. The whole Nathan/Boobsy flashback served two purposes:

1. To show how desperate Ichabod WAS being in comparison to his buttoned up old self.  To any fan not familiar with Ichabod's tight posture, etc.. he may not have looked completely desperate and a hot mess.  But we who have watched him know that he is terribly desperate.  I don't think he looked this messed up when he redrew that map.  But this time - he literally risked unleashing hell on earth to get Abbie back.  Talk about crossing lines for someone you ... love.  
  2. To help Ichabod gain some sense of self so he could stop being quite so reckless and think more clearly in order to bring Abbie back.  I don't think he was thinking that he'd just abandon her - he was thinking that he needed to be smarter in order to successfully bring her back and not unleash hell in the process.  Boobsy would abandon her partner, but he refuses to.

The only issue this week is that his flashbacks had NOTHING to do with the demon they were facing - but I'm kinda glad it didn't - because I don't want Sophie let in on THAT.  She still doesn't know Ichabod is 250+ years old.

I do wonder what causes Abbie's hair to go kinky-coily.  Does she find a stream to wash in?  And her clothes look different too in the promo... she appears to be wearing a short sleeved gray top - instead of her black ops outfit.

I think PanOne are supposed to be another mirror/parallel to Ichabbie.  The toxic/abusive PanOne vs Ichabbie.  This season seems to be all about partners.

^^THIS^^ Again, so all of THIS! Yup, BR and Crane flashbacks are deliberately a parallel to the modern one with Ichabbie. The entire purpose for that is as a contrast, and for Crane to really reflect on his past decisions and really what his past mindset is now. You are dead right - Modern!Crane would NEVER allow Hale to hang. And he knows this now. I've been saying for years that Ichabbie make each other better people. It's been that way since day one. Abbie makes Crane a better person, Crane makes Abbie a better person. Hence the "Better Half" comment.

And I like your comment, phoenics, about how buttoned-up Crane may seem on the surface as calm, but he's really screaming and flailing inside. It's one thing to be the kind of person who loses it quickly - it is in a way a quick outlet for ones frustrations. But in Crane's place, he tries to overcompensate, by holding his emotions in, and barelling on in these missions mindlessly. The difference is that Crane is like a sealed container under incredibly intense pressure. The container can only sustain itself for so long, until it violently bursts.

The flashbacks have nothing to do with the COTW, but does have to do with the overarcing these of this season. The partnership of Ichabbie. BR did provide clues to solve cases, but since day one, it's also been offering parallels to the partnership of Crane/Abbie. Just like you said, this season is about partners.

And I cannot believe that anyone hasn't mentioned that the demon, in "reading" Crane's desperation, equated Lingerie = Abbie. aka, when the Demon looked into Crane's soul, felt his desperation, it used an item that Crane would automatically link to Abbie. Not a gun. Not her leather jacket. Not her badge. No - it used a sheer lingerie top!!! Ha!

Also, it took me a second to realize it was Crane on the motorcycle, but I really like the little nuance of the bike not being ridden perfectly - i.e. when he was riding, the bike was wobbling a bit. Basically, he is a not very experienced rider but CAN ride, so this held very true for me.

• Love 6

The first Nathan Hale scene was even dumber, with Betsy breaking down how much Hale couldn't afford to be caught by the british doing illegal stuff standing in earshot of a handful of strangers who absolutely wouldn't be paying attention to find out why the young lady with the heaving breasts looked like she was six inches from assaulting him with his spyglass.

Not to mention, she and Ichabod both kept calling them "the British", which, just no. As Ichabod himself said during his rant in the Paul Revere episode, "We were all British!" BR was more correct when she called them "lobster backs", but then she just went back and called them British 50 more times.  That's such easy stuff to get right; it's beyond irritating when the writers don't bother.

Still, I enjoyed this episode. The way Ichabod was missing Abbie--acting by turns manic and melancholy--rang true. I also have a soft spot for Joeny, and I don't usually like romances that happen so quickly. I think they work for me because the actors sell it very, very well.

Edited to extract embarrassing redundancy.

Edited by spaceghostess
  • Love 3

Yasssssss, Miss Almond!!!!! Pandora needs to get her groove back!

• Love 4

*spits* Bwahahahaha! Ahem, yes, all this.

• Love 4

She'll remember how happy life was when it was just her, the tree, a truck full of amazing clothes/wigs and having total control over her own box.  

cynic beat me, but every woman needs to be in control of her own box!

• Love 7

As long as they don't get to Once Upon A Time levels of pointless and stupid, it's all good.

And often, it just takes up screentime from characters and storylines that the writers have already been struggling to juggle around.

• Love 1

And I cannot believe that anyone hasn't mentioned that the demon, in "reading" Crane's desperation, equated Lingerie = Abbie. aka, when the Demon looked into Crane's soul, felt his desperation, it used an item that Crane would automatically link to Abbie. Not a gun. Not her leather jacket. Not her badge. No - it used a sheer lingerie top!!! Ha!

Well, it truly grabbed the right thing... because Crane went up those stairs 2 at a time like a madman.  That's way better than the succubus we thought might have given Crane a barely there "Abbie" look right after it mimicked Katrina.  This was FAR more overt.  Only thing that would have made it more overt is if Crane had sniffed the lingerie, lol.

He was so disappointed when he got upstairs, lol.  Poor thing thought Abbie was back and they could have "intercourse"...  *snort*

Yasssssss, Miss Almond!!!!! Pandora needs to get her groove back!

*spits* Bwahahahaha! Ahem, yes, all this.

cynic beat me, but every woman needs to be in control of her own box!

Y'all messy, lol.  But I'll allow it.  Continue!

• Love 7

I think the dynamic between Pandora and the Hidden One is a nasty mix of passion and faithlessness with the only question being who will win the race to irrevocably betray the other. I tend to think she has an agenda beyond waking up her husband in order that she might serve him and act as a supporting ruler to him as supreme evil overlord, but even if that was all, his belligerent ingratitude has given her second thoughts. Too much whinging, too many threats, not enough thankees. He's genuinely menacing but also  genuinely stupid since he seems unable to call to mind this Pandora's history with men who treat her badly.

• Love 7

I honestly hope Pandora snuffs him out - takes all of his power and then begins to just wreck shop.  

This big bad is a bust though, honestly.  Bring back Moloch.  At least I was genuinely afraid of him.  I mean - I'm still sad at the loss of the horsemen and the whole biblical apocalypse - which most shows never actually do.  That Sleepy Hollow even MENTIONED tribulation made me excited.  I enjoyed this last episode, but still sometimes wonder what could have been.

WE COULD HAVE HAD IT AAAAALLLLLLL!!!

• Love 4

^ Ain't that the truth. Sometimes I feel like the writers threw the baby out with the bath water when they got rid of Moloch and Headless. Pandora is interesting in her own right, but her ass of a husband is not doing it for me.

I do think that there might be more to her raising him than meets the eye. She doesn't seem afraid of him, but when he throws a tantrum and make threats she looks to be appeasing him with her words, keeping him in check, rather than responding in fear.

I do hope that she brought him back in order to do a double cross and take his power for her own plan of destruction.

• Love 2

Me: Oh boy, finally can watch this episode!

...Boobsy. Shit.

Luckily it went up from there but UGH, seriously, any particular reason to make all three of these Colonial Patriot Superspies look even more moronic then the flashbacks usually do? Not only did they make Nathan Hale come acroass like a nitwit who shouldn't be allowed to water General Washington's houseplants, let alone undertake a spy mission, Boobsy and Ich's habit of hiss-screaming at Nate and each other within, like, six friggin' inches of various redcoats was really straining credulity. I will cheerfully believe in mirror monsters catfishing a man two hundred years out of time but not that every British soldier was blind and deaf.

Moving on...I am on record as having Jenny and Joe be The Couple I Never Wanted To See Go There and this confirms it. They had perfect chemistry when they were scamming Randall (And I love him and his big muppet-mouth laughing! Bring back Randall!) and when Jenny calls Joe an idiot and he's all "Um okay, not where I thought that was going..." That's the kind of trusted partner back and forth the show should stick with.

Lyndie Greenwood did a fantastic job with her barely holding back the pain lines; when she says to Joe why the hell shouldn't I run around with guys like Randall, what the hell good has caring ever done? I totally believed her. She's so traumatized and losing Abby sent her right back to what she knows, which makes total sense--everybody was doing that this episode. Daniel tripled down on FBI methods, Ichabod on spells, and Jenny on hunting down any scrap of clue. 

But transitioning from that kind of deep ache to passionate makeout session? Nope. It's just not there. It's not that the actors are unattractive or untalented or even that they don't have chemistry, but they don't have that chemistry.

The Hidden One is an ass. I don’t see him and Pandora lasting long as a “happy” couple.

God, he was such a ball of sulky suck, wasn't he? When he was throwing mill gears around like an affluenza teenager I was waiting for her to say well, I did have another way for you to get your powers back but maybe we'll just wait until you can use your words, Mr. Grateful. And then when he's all this better work or else, beloved wife who has been summoning monsters and dark magicks for weeks, you can see her deciding against therapy and just going straight to "kill and steal power" option. For which I totally support her. 

Edited by Snookums
  • Love 3

I have mixed feelings about Sophie. On the one hand, the Scooby gang can always use assistance from another smart, competent person, especially one who knows about the supernatural world. When Abbie comes back, it will be good for her to have an ally at work who knows she is sometimes off doing other worldly work and who can cover for her (kind of like when Hank finally found out about Nick on Grimm). So far, the actress seems fine to me (unlike, ahem, Nikki Reed) so that's a plus too.

But I still have some cons. It's just way too convenient that she has been researching the supernatural and hoping other worlds exist. I get why they wrote her into this particular episode the way that they did, but it ended up making me feel like she was supposed to be an Abbie replacement. I don't dislike the character but I don't want to feel like they're just dumping her in Abbie's seat.

I understand that what the show was trying to convey is that Crane and Reynolds are so desperate to find Abbie that the stress is interfering with their judgment, and I get that neither of them are going to give up on looking for her, just that they need to stop obsessing over every little detail and start being more like Abbie (logical and responsible rather than reckless and impulsive).

Man, Pandora did all that work to get her man back and he is such an ingrate. What a whiner!

Randall is dangerous, but at least he is amusing. And you can't argue with his logic about how being handcuffed to a bathtub doesn't exactly make a person want to be helpful.

So Sleepy Hollow is the new Hellmouth?

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 3

And now about Sophie... I do think that Sophie's time on the show was her "initiation". I didn't like her sudden connection to the occult via her parental backstory or any of that. I thought it was too close to Abbie. I do not want her to be "another witness". There should be only 2. Period. And if there were more, it should have been Jenny - not Sophie.

Having said that, I saw no chemistry with Ichabod/Sophie - and even when Sophie tried to make a joke, Ichabod was not having it. Their first scene in the winter finale I saw some chemistry - I don't see anything like that anymore. But you know where Sophie DID have chem with someone? With DANIEL! I was like ... oh... there might be a quad with Sophie, Daniel, Abbie and Ichabod at some point. I actually like Jessica Camacho - but if this show thinks they can replace Abbie with her, it's crazy. I don't think the show would do it by getting rid of Abbie - I think the only way this would happen is if NB decided she wanted out. My hope would be that she wouldn't want out - I can't imagine TM staying without her.

But is it really all that sudden?

When we first meet Foster, she is under-cover in a ring known for smuggling occult/archaic artifacts; I do not think it unreasonable to think that she select her particular line of work in the hopes of learning more about occult/archaic artifacts since her archeologist parents disappeared/died during a dig.

I don't think Foster is a Witness Understudy; I think she was brought into the show for a fresh (somewhat) outsider perspective, and as others have pointed out, a way for Abbie et al to utilize FBI functionality once she (inevitably) leaves the Bureau.

Personally, I see a lot of chemist between Foster and Crane; I see the beginnings of trust and understanding and possibly another friendship.

As of yet, I’ve yet to see any chemistry between Daniel Reynolds and anyone; I think that reflects more on the writing than the acting because Lance Gross usually oozes chemical-connection.

One nitpick, Crane's been in modern times for three years now. He lived on his own in Corbin's cabin for part of it and he's been without Abbie for a month. Am I really supposed to believe that he would try to fry a frozen lasagna when there are instructions right on the box? I understand that he is meant to be out of sorts, but that was just makes him look stupid.

Lastly, Nikki Reed still cannot act.

Since when do men (of any time) read directions?  :)

• Love 4

Also, though I guess this isn't a plot point, I see that Nikki Reed's sophisticated relationship with colonial history is still informing her performance. It's not a baseball bat, princess, it's a parasol. Ladies carried them open, because it was a bad idea in the social climate of the time to heave your bosoms at people if they were tanned. See, in the days before sun block, having a tan generally meant you had to work for a living. Gentlemen didn't have the same rules for ladies who had to work for a living if they ran around with their bosoms out. Just, FYI.

I am going to give Nikki Reed a pass on this for the simple fact if she held the parasol correctly, it would have cast shadows on her face making it difficult to properly light the scene.

• Love 5

Didn't know this was on until the last minute so had to record.  Maybe I didn't know because I don't watch anything else on that station?

Agent Foster immediately becomes Agent Foster Grant in my head so they need to show her in sunglasses.

The MoW was pretty scary but got fooled to keep going to the cabin when Daniels had left?  I thought supernatural GPS worked better than that.

The only reason Busty was better was because they did not have her uses her feminine wiles on anyone.  Thank doG for small favors.

They turned Nathan Hale into a young, over zealous, reckless doof who had to be schooled by Busty.  Who exactly is so enamored with NR?

Hate hate hate turning Pandora into a simpering haus frau (cave frau?).  The early S3 Pandora would have had an agenda of her own cooking.

Randall amuses me greatly.

There's more chemistry between Ich and Abbie's pictures than my tv can tolerate.  He could have heated up the frozen lasagna just by holding it while her looked at her photo.

They really missed an opportunity to have Ich complain about the decimation of the English language if they had him try to make sense of the package instructions.

• Love 3
There's more chemistry between Ich and Abbie's pictures than my tv can tolerate.  He could have heated up the frozen lasagna just by holding it while her looked at her photo.

Woof. He nearly burst into flames (at least that would cook the lasagna!) Of course, I had chemistry with that shot--yowza, Nichole Beharie is photogenic, to say the least. 

I think this ep made it pretty damn clear (to Ichabod as well as the audience) that he LOVES Abby. You don't give impassioned speeches about how somebody's your true north and makes you better then you are on your own to women you've just met and try to press yourself into mirrors for somebody you don't care recklessly for. I predict that once Abby does come back Ichabod will see this as his opportunity to finally tell her how he feels, while she's the one who backs off--wary, remembering how he vanished for so long, wanting to "just focus on the job", which is her way of coping/retreat.

And as for that lasagna, I did think the Ichabod who's been here three years would have grasped the idea of microwaves, but I read it as "fuck it, I'm exhausted and alone and I'm doing what I know." If he did any cooking in his former life it was as a soldier; over a fire with a pan, which is how he was attempting to ruin that meal/burn the house down. Luckily, the vengeance spirit chose that moment to get all "lingerie on the stairs, big boy" with him (which is another clue that he's down for all the expressions of lurve with The Abbs--the spirit is playing on his desperation and desire, the depths of which he won't admit to himself, which is why it makes him vulnerable to this kind of attack.)

Edited by Snookums
  • Love 6

I just watched again and just had to say how much I loved that Ichabod was in his socks while he was cooking his sad microwave dinner on the cook top.

Plus, I'd forgotten that I'd gotten a sick feeling when Ichabod picked up that lingerie on the stairs. I was terrified it was what's-her-name in the Sexy-Betsy-Ross Halloween costume. So glad it wasn't. 

I also dig that they've backed off the "flirting" between Ichabod and "historical" Betsy Ross. She still bugs the crap out of me, but at least we've been spared the awkwardness of seeing her bat her eyelashes at Ichabod.

Edited by bethy
  • Love 4

You know who I miss? Yolanda. Yes, Yolanda. Ichabod should have unburdened himself to Yolanda.

And can someone tell me why Betsy Ross is? It's like without her, the Colonials would have lost the Revolution. What I've seen of her? If that's a badass, it's a FUCKING WONDER the Colonials won.  

Ichabod was more competent last season flashbacks. When she wasn't around.

But that's just me.

• Love 7

Betsy's presence certainly didn't do any favors for Hale's portrayal either. I don't really know anything about him, but I'm hoping he wasn't as much of a dumbass in real life as he was in this episode. 

Btw, Hale was hanged the day after the Great Fire of New York. Didn't we see a flashback of Betsy leaving the area that night and bumping into Crane?

• Love 1

Betsy annoys the fuck out of me. I can see the intent that the character was meant to be fun, but she's dreary, just a terrible mix of ill-considered writing and questionable acting choices adding up to a whole lot of second-hand embarrassment whenever she appears or is merely mentioned. Please make it stop. Ichabod is our eyes into the colonial past and they are a very fine pair of eyes, we had no need of a corseted anachronism to draw us in to that part of the show. She sucks the enjoyment right out of the flashbacks.  Maybe if they'd stuck with the notion of Betsy as a relentless annoyance, she might have been amusing instead of this omni-present Mary-Sue loud-mouth.

• Love 4

Y'all messy, lol.  But I'll allow it.  Continue!

You love us because we are messy -- admit it!

You know who I miss? Yolanda. Yes, Yolanda. Ichabod should have unburdened himself to Yolanda.

chabod was more competent last season flashbacks. When she wasn't around.

But that's just me.

Nope, not just you.

If he did any cooking in his former life it was as a soldier; over a fire with a pan, which is how he was attempting to ruin that meal/burn the house down. Luckily, the vengeance spirit chose that moment to get all "lingerie on the stairs, big boy" with him

He seemed so despondent while he was "cooking" his lasagna that I was glad he was thinking clearly enough to turn off the stove when he heard the noise. I was afraid he was going to burn down Abbie's house while she was gone.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 5

He had that gas burner flamed turned up all the way...I was worried he would leave it on too.

I was annoyed by Agent Foster Grant's heeled boots when she was supposed to be anchoring Ich as she skidded across the floor towards the mirror.  I'd think I would stash some hiking boots, preferably steel toed ones, in my car if I lived in a rural area like Sleepy Hollow.

Edited by DeLurker

So I'm finally all the way caught up on this season, and while most of it was on the meh side, the last two episodes have been great, and I even like Sophie, but C'MON she ain't Abbie Mills, and I am here for Abbie Mills and the chemistry she has with Ichabod. WHY IS THIS SO HARD?!

She better be back next week, and it better be almost entirely from her PoV because this is gonna feel just like when they left her in that trippy Doll House and then just skipped entirely over what she went through to get to more story for Ichabod.

• Love 3

I was annoyed by Agent Foster Grant's heeled boots when she was supposed to be anchoring Ich as she skidded across the floor towards the mirror.  

I mentioned above that "anchoring him" meant attaching the rope to something heavy, which girl is not!

• Love 4

I was annoyed by Agent Foster Grant's heeled boots when she was supposed to be anchoring Ich as she skidded across the floor towards the mirror.  I'd think I would stash some hiking boots, preferably steel toed ones, in my car if I lived in a rural area like Sleepy Hollow.

I mentioned above that "anchoring him" meant attaching the rope to something heavy, which girl is not!

I was too busy worrying about what she was going to pull out of that mirror: a skeletal, spectral monster and Ichabod covered in jelly-goo. (Why, yes, I did see "Poltergeist" at a rather impressionable age!)

• Love 2

And can someone tell me why Betsy Ross is? It's like without her, the Colonials would have lost the Revolution. What I've seen of her? If that's a badass, it's a FUCKING WONDER the Colonials won.  

Ichabod was more competent last season flashbacks. When she wasn't around.

But that's just me.

This would have been a perfect time for Yolanda to make a return. 

Boobsy Ross may have dialed back on the annoying, but I still want her gone.

I didn't mind Agent Foster, but I'm going to need Abbie back with all due haste. At least Zzzzoey was nowhere to be seen.

A warning to FOX...if this show goes off the air without Abbie and Ichabod having a scene with the same end result of what Joe and Jenny got last night, I might flip a table. Set it up right and make my television melt, please! Throw in an intense Purgatory-esque hug for bonus points.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 4

He had that gas burner flamed turned up all the way...I was worried he would leave it on too.

First let me get the shallowness out of the Tom Mison is pure yum! So glad the show is back.

I know this is TV land but that shoe crap bugs the hell out of me. Seeing cops, FBI and other law enforcement women on television in totally inappropriate footwear and always leather jackets. I know the don't want them to look dowdy but at least some boots without heels so they can run if needed.

Oh and I fo not hate Sophie, but she can go away I want my Abbie back with Ichabod.

• Love 2
I know this is TV land but that shoe crap bugs the hell out of me. Seeing cops, FBI and other law enforcement women on television in totally inappropriate footwear and always leather jackets. I know the don't want them to look dowdy but at least some boots without heels so they can run if needed.

Not much they can do about that, tbh. Ever notice how they have to use creative camera angles to fit Beharie and Mison in the same frame? Walkable heels can only boost one up so high, but Mison's still at least half a foot taller (plus his boots have one inch heels on them). On top of that, the physical mannerisms of Crane's character means that Mison can't even slouch to slightly compensate for the height difference.

Looking it up, Jessica Camecho is listed at 5'2" tall. (Wow - I though she was much taller!!). So same problem as Beharie - you can only boost their height so much to compensate for Towering!Mison, without resorted to platforms and steps (a la Gillian Anderson on X-Files, who also had the same one-foot height difference!)

Explains why his forearm looked SO much larger then Camecho's!! Mison's not a bulky guy at all, but man, when they were putting their forearms together, his forearm looked huge compared to hers.

• Love 4