Type keyword(s) to search

AS5: Sam Donovan

• Start Topic

Moved from Quotes

Sam: I did not think I was being hurtful.

Compare and contrast with last week's

Sam: I did some blogging about Season 13, and I made some jokes at some people's expense. [bla bla trash about Mitchell]

Of course he thought he was being hurtful. That's his tiresome little brand.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 1

Moved from Quotes

Compare and contrast with last week's

Sam: I did some blogging about Season 13, and I made some jokes at some people's expense. [bla bla trash about Mitchell]

Of course he thought he was being hurtful. That's his tiresome little brand.

Well, the entire show he was on was a joke, so he can go kick rocks with his socks off.

• Love 5

MHO? Sam is simply a nasty little prick who skates by because he's 'cute', leaving a trail of anger in his wake. This will likely work for him until he, himself, is middle aged and replaced by the next nasty little prick. He will then wonder why no one cares that he's over the hill at 30 or 35.

• Love 6

From Sam's Twitter aka samisblond

"@marthapreston4 and I came up with the appliqué idea, and dom, Asha, and ken were all pushing me to do that instead of using muslin.

3:14 AM - 18 Mar 2016 from Hamburg, Germany

@marthapreston4 I don't think you understand how the design process works; designers help each other all the time.

3:14 AM - 18 Mar 2016 from Hamburg"

A little damage control?

29 minutes ago, designing1 said:

Has anyone taken a gander at Sam's 2016 collection? (Yes, he has one.) Talk about your one way monkey!

It's a mesh nightmare.  Once again, the only semi-decent items are the ones where the print is doing all the work.  The actual clothing isn't "fresh" or inspired.  Typical Sam crap. 

5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's from 2013, which makes this even worse, because it shows he has not evolved one iota. 

The copyright of his website is 2013. The collection is 2016.

Edited by designing1
  • Love 1

I am on some sort of email list called "Sewing it up" and the subject line of today's email was "22 projects, 1 secret material!"  Gotta be neoprene mesh, right?  ;-)

(edited)

Damn.  I have to admit I think it's interesting work, in the sense that the whole look seems to be about waking up in a dumpster, one that's empty when you fall asleep there, but then it gets filled and the items that remain on your body as you arise become your clothing.  

I don't know that I've seen such cultivated ugliness before.  It's almost satire.  Or not satire...a joke on the fashion industry.

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 3
(edited)

I happened to pull an old tape out and it involved this very subject matter; SAM DONOVAN! It was the "Avant-Garde" challenge where Sam merely pinned some material representing the gay flag wrapped around his model! Isaac was embarrassing himself praising it to the Heavens! Later in the Green Room Ken went off on Sam; "you're a liar, you're a snake, you rely on this 'pretty sh!t,' and I don't mean your garments! You need to MAN up and grab your balls!" (paraphrasing, but it had me ROTFLOL) I literally was near passing out from lack of oxygen! I hate bullies, but Ken was only giving voice to what everyone else was thinking and they sat there; no one defended Sam! He was alone, but he really should have been ashamed of himself with that tacky design when someone else actually produced something on the right track! Making the final 4 was ridiculous with a lot of his offerings derivative where "PR Kids" would have taken him out if the playing field were equal! Who saved this kid if not for production and Isaac? Funny! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425