Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, cappoe said:

OUAT is not going to do better then the Inhumans. OUAT is going to get horrible ratings.

I don’t disagree ratings, at least after the premiere and it’s following Emma episode(people will probably tune in to that one just to see what happens with her...), will be bad, but Inhumans has been getting panned, so I find it hard to see it doing better then OUAT.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, cappoe said:

OUAT is not going to do better then the Inhumans. OUAT is going to get horrible ratings.

OUAT is going to do better than Inhumans.  Inhumans is terrible on a level beyond imagining.   You can't maintain an audience, even one that is just lamenting about the wasted potential, if the show is as awful as Inuhumans was from the pilot.

OUAT is going to decline sure.  But its going to hold an audience bigger than Inhumans because some of us haven't lost their favorite character and some of us are going to be strung along with guest appearances and some of us just like to wallow in the wailing about the wasted potential that is the fundamental building block of OUAT. 

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

OUAT is going to do better than Inhumans.  Inhumans is terrible on a level beyond imagining.   You can't maintain an audience, even one that is just lamenting about the wasted potential, if the show is as awful as Inuhumans was from the pilot.

OUAT is going to decline sure.  But its going to hold an audience bigger than Inhumans because some of us haven't lost their favorite character and some of us are going to be strung along with guest appearances and some of us just like to wallow in the wailing about the wasted potential that is the fundamental building block of OUAT. 

No it will not. Inhumans debuted at a 0.9. OUAT will be lucky to even get a 0.8 premiere. You're underestimating the amount of people leaving and the fact it's on a Friday.

If people have not started OUAT watching it now they will not miraculously come on board for S7. Especially not the "fans" of the actors coming on board. Some of which are irrelevant. Jennifer Morrison and Ginnifer Goodwin alone when they were in S1 have more star power then all the new regulars combined. 

OUAT will be lucky to even get a 0.8 for the premiere and from there it will just drop. I 100% predict AOS will get better ratings then OUAT when it debuts after Inhumans finishes it's 8 episode run.  OUAT is dead, this reboot is going to flop and these writers are gonna get a nice dose of karma. I only hope they have the balls to ask JMO and the rest of the cast that left to return for the series finale. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, cappoe said:

No it will not. Inhumans debuted at a 0.9. OUAT will be lucky to even get a 0.8 premiere. You're underestimating the amount of people leaving and the fact it's on a Friday.

There's no way to tell yet how many of "the people leaving", especially among those vocally claiming to do so on the net, are actually relevant to ratings. This fandom has a long history of taking itself way too serious for its own good, after all.

That said, Inhumans was a series premiere and it got a ton of bad press long before that even aired, which oddly enough may have helped them initially in the sense that some may have tuned in just to see if it could truly be as bad as those who'd already seen it made it sound. Chances are the way Inhuman's gonna crash in ratings from here on out will be worse than whatever drop OUAT will experience after its 7th season premiere. Just my guess, tho. Only time will tell for sure.

• Love 1

Just remember that if there are fewer people watching TV on Fridays, it doesn't matter much to ratings. Ratings are based on the percentage of people watching at that particular hour. The show may lose actual viewers but still maintain a 0.9. It's one reason I think the move to Friday is a good idea for a show like this.

And also remember that AoS has ratings that were worse than Once last season. Their renewal was more of a surprise than the Once renewal. It won't take much for both shows to be somewhat successful on that night. 

• Love 3
On 10/2/2017 at 6:00 PM, sharky said:

Just remember that if there are fewer people watching TV on Fridays, it doesn't matter much to ratings. Ratings are based on the percentage of people watching at that particular hour. The show may lose actual viewers but still maintain a 0.9. 

No, that's share. 

-46% makes sense. Last premiere was down 28%, and I'd assume the Friday move would exasperate it by about half, so I would have thought maybe down 42%. -46% vs. last season's low would give us 0.4 for this season's low. Which is at least better than 10 Days I assume, given that show's 0.5 premiere.

Edited by jjjmoss
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, jjjmoss said:

No, that's share. 

-46% makes sense. Last premiere was down 28%, and I'd assume the Friday move would exasperate it by about half, so I would have thought maybe down 42%. -46% vs. last season's low would give us 0.4 for this season's low. Which is at least better than 10 Days I assume, given that show's 0.5 premiere.

It'll hit a 0.5/0.4 before the mid season finale at this point. ABC needs to put the axe down.

• Love 2

"Ratings: Once Upon a time Expectedly Down in New Friday Time Slot"
But "TVLine readers gave the Season 7 “requel” premiere an average grade of “B-.”  Really?  Seriously?  Now, I'm just like Henry/Emma.

Another headline: "TV Ratings Friday: ‘Once Upon a Time’ so-so with premiere, ‘Inhumans’ dips a little"

This headline had a nice spin: ‘Once Upon a Time’ Posts its Most-Watched Telecast in Ten Months in New ABC Friday Slot

• Love 2

That's actually not horrible for a Friday, especially with the increase in viewers. I'd hoped for lower.

We'll see how it goes over the season.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Souris said:

That's actually not horrible for a Friday, especially with the increase in viewers. I'd hoped for lower.

Increase in viewers is irrelevant. 18/49 demo is all that matters. 

I think what is gonna be interesting is post 7x02 and post 7x04 ratings.

1 minute ago, Souris said:

I'm not overly surprised it didn't drop that much.  its basically last season adjusted for Friday vs. Sunday.

I think there are a lot of people hanging around long enough for Emma's last episode and watched the premiere.  I think the drop will come on ep3. 

I read through the comments of those articles to get a different perspective from around here.  It doesn't seem like many have had a positive reaction to Henry and Cinderella.  We know fans of the departed would be unlikely to be enthusiastic..  But it seems like fans of Regina and Rumple aren't particularly happy they are playing wallpaper.

• Love 1

The Facebook comments are...not good. It seemed like a lot of people tuned in to give it a shot and were not impressed. Very few people liked Cinderella at all. That's a huge problem. It'll be interesting to see what this show's ratings are like around episode 6 when all the premiere press has disappeared, the brief returns of the oldies are over and the new characters are responsible for carrying the show.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, KAOS Agent said:

The Facebook comments are...not good. It seemed like a lot of people tuned in to give it a shot and were not impressed. Very few people liked Cinderella at all. That's a huge problem. It'll be interesting to see what this show's ratings are like around episode 6 when all the premiere press has disappeared, the brief returns of the oldies are over and the new characters are responsible for carrying the show.

Spoiler

Only Zelena can save us all. (Not really.)

Edited by KingOfHearts
8 hours ago, cappoe said:

The ratings post 7x02 are going to be very very interesting. They better not screw up cause a bad ending for Emma will kill their S7.

I'm not following. According to you the show's a confirmed goner anway so how exactly can the way episode 2 plays out "kill their S7" any more? The ratings look like what was about to be expected to me. Nothing that happens during the next two episodes will suddenly make ABC decide to yank it off the air immediately, imo. Way things stand right now they'll let it play out and then that's that.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, RedKeep said:

I'm not following. According to you the show's a confirmed goner anway so how exactly can the way episode 2 plays out "kill their S7" any more? The ratings look like what was about to be expected to me. Nothing that happens during the next two episodes will suddenly make ABC decide to yank it off the air immediately, imo. Way things stand right now they'll let it play out and then that's that.

Doing something to Emma will tank their ratings IMO. Where they would look at a 0.5/0.4 by mid season finale doing something to Emma may be them looking at that rating in as early as 7x03

The ratings are precarious since I think with the first episode, many people would have sampled... viewers from all fandoms, curious casual or former viewers, maybe a couple of new viewers. 

Next week, the ratings could rise slightly due to Emma, but more likely, it might stay steady because some people who watched the premiere may not come back for the second episode.  I know one casual fan (mostly of Rumple) who said she didn't like any of the new characters, but will tune in to see the cameos. 

If CS fans are happy with Emma's happy ending (and if they are interested in where Killian's story is going), they may be open to staying.  But at the end of the day, if they find themselves uninterested in the new stories, they will slowly drift away regardless.  

Buyers are more cynical about the prospects of ABC’s Once Upon a Time’s reboot so late in its run. “It’s dead in the water,” said one. “The ratings were dying, and when you have to retool a program that much, it’ll be a Friday-night program”—its new home this season—“and then it will be gone.”

Welp, R.I.P S7 you were dead before you even started.

http://www.adweek.com/tv-video/returning-shows-get-extreme-makeovers/

Well, that's eerie. I just clicked a link from Freekibble and part of the article says, "Cinderella had a pumpkin to help her find her fairytale ending. One stray dog in Oklahoma had an amazing multi-shelter transport program to help her go from a stray to an officer of the law attending a gala."

I feel bad for the cast and crew and for the fans who really still like the show.  I don't feel as bad for A&E (although I don't want to see anyone unemployed) because I think they have been a bit arrogant in knowing what is best, ignoring any criticism that is outside their view, and double-downed on their vision.   I also think they underestimated the appeal of certain cast members and dynamics and over estimated others.

I know they have ordered a full season, but I wonder if at some point they are going to get a message - cut it down to 13 or 15 etc.

It will be interesting to see if their is a bump next week with the closure of Rumple and Belle although

Spoiler

from the scenes for next week, I think it is going to be heavy on Alice and light on Belle.  I suspect she will be about as much as Emma was in her good bye or less and it will just drive away the more of the older fans.

Edited by CCTC
  • Love 3

HAHAH THIS IS LITERALLY THE NEW SCRUBS S9.

THIS WILL BE THE SEASON THAT NO ONE ACKNOWLEDGES AS CANON OR EVEN EXISTING. 

Those ratings demand an episode order cut. 

1 hour ago, CCTC said:

I feel bad for the cast and crew and for the fans who really still like the show.  I don't feel as bad for A&E (although I don't want to see anyone unemployed) because I think they have been a bit arrogant in knowing what is best, ignoring any criticism that is outside their view, and double-downed on their vision.   I also think they underestimated the appeal of certain cast members and dynamics and over estimated others.

I know they have ordered a full season, but I wonder if at some point they are going to get a message - cut it down to 13 or 15 etc.

It will be interesting to see if their is a bump next week with the closure of Rumple and Belle although

Hide contents

from the scenes for next week, I think it is going to be heavy on Alice and light on Belle.  I suspect she will be about as much as Emma was in her good bye or less and it will just drive away the more of the older fans.

There next test is post Rumbelle episode. But even next week may be a challenge. Stanger Things S2 comes out and that's a monster.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

And thinking of how to wrap this show up while still clinging to some shred of credibility/dignity.

The only way to do that is bring the characters we do care about back for the series finale and dump these clear failure characters.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, CCTC said:

I feel bad for the cast and crew and for the fans who really still like the show.  I don't feel as bad for A&E (although I don't want to see anyone unemployed) because I think they have been a bit arrogant in knowing what is best, ignoring any criticism that is outside their view, and double-downed on their vision.   I also think they underestimated the appeal of certain cast members and dynamics and overestimated others.

Hide contents

I feel bad too, but I don't know if I will be watching anymore shows run by this pair. Too little character moments v plot and too little payoff.

• Love 4