Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

A bit disappointed, mainly in the length of the bloopers, and not having any of the actors doing commentary together.

I wonder if in Force Fed we'll see Hook being given bologna? I can't imagine they actually filmed that though. But here's hoping for another Jello moment!

Also, is this a typo? "Princes Leia" Princes? Assuming it is a typo, it will be interesting to see what that one is about.

I think Princess Leia will be the deleted scene between Emma and the Evil Queen after Emma is caught by the guards the ball. Adam posted the script on Twitter after the finale and said the scene should be on the DVD.

(edited)
Also, they have Jolly Roger pedicabs

I don't care what torture methods they have to use to convince him, but I need a photo of Colin in one of those things posing with "Hook" now.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2
(edited)

Colin's such a dork! I think those are the same cabs they used last year. Colin posed with one of the Hook drivers, but I don't think he was in the cab.

Here's a photo of the outside of Gold's shop, which looks more like a castle... LOL

https://twitter.com/OnceABC/status/492365404271292416/photo/1

ETA: pics of Colin and the cab/driver from last year:

http://media.tumblr.com/28df7037c209098b1c86e0014278415c/tumblr_mq9xbziSTc1snecdbo1_500.png

http://24.media.tumblr.com/24e87dce839423bfdb4ecc61855a2c9f/tumblr_mq8y6nAaYz1rl6s6ro1_500.png

Edited by pezgirl7
(edited)

Just when I think Colin can't get cooler, he wanders the floor like every other nerd at Comic Con. I totally want to have a beer with that guy!

ETA: Looks like Colin, Eddy and Adam actually visited the Once display on the floor of the con. Seriously, it's really adorable to see how much they're needing out there.

Edited by sharky
  • Love 1
(edited)

The photo looks posed for, since I can't see Colin doing that on his own. I bet Adam told them to do that so the CS fan girls would go crazy! It worked! ;) And yes, they're cutie patootie dorks!

Adam had said in an interview about S4 that Emma and Hook "had a nice moment, but we’re not fast-forwarding to ordering in Chinese…” so I think he is teasing, or torturing, us!

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 1
(edited)

That just ain't right. LOL. Dorks, the lot of them.

What is this obsession of Josh's with sunglasses? He's even wearing a pair while having his apparent real pair hooked on his shirt in that pic.

High-res pics of JMo and Colin at a Comic Con event tonight. The site threw about a bazillion pics onto one page, so scroll down until you see the Playboy bunny on a blue background. (There's also some Rose McIver.)

Edited by Souris

I always wondered whether the actors really enjoy going to these cons as much as they say they do.  After seeing these pics, it's clear to me that they have a ball at them!

Most cons don't have the lavish parties (or any parties) of SDCC, though. I'm sure it depends on the individual, but I can't imagine the average con is that much fun for an actor. They're usually held at pretty soulless convention centers or hotels and the actors often have to sit for hours signing their name over and over again. At night they would either have to do more fan stuff, or probably go out of their own accord. I would guess the panels are fun for most and maybe the photo sessions (though those seem frequently awkward and exhausting, too). Of course, they're very well compensated, which i think is why most actors do them.

SDCC is barely a con, at this point. It's more like a big promotional junket. I imagine it is a blast for most actors, yeah, but I think it is probably a completely different experience. 

So many great pics so far. Looks like they're enjoying themselves and that's what it should be about.

I didn't think anything could get any better than all the Jen/Colin pics then Jen had to go and take a picture with Matt Smith. Pretty sure I'm posting from the great beyond right now.

The questions will be screened before. Thank goodness. I haven't read of any trouble or protests or such. The only thing is those demanding a morrilla selfie. But it's pretty tamed all things considered.

(edited)

The questions will be screened before. Thank goodness. I haven't read of any trouble or protests or such. The only thing is those demanding a morrilla selfie. But it's pretty tamed all things considered.

They did one last year. Maybe if people hadn't been so freaking rude to them in the year after that, they would have done another one. 

Also, would it strain Robert dontgiveafuck muscles to go take some pictures with the rest of the cast? It's ONE freaking day of the year.

I also don't think screening questions will do much good if someone wants to make trouble. You just have to tell the people screening that you're gonna ask a total fluff question, then once you've got the mic drop some bomb.

Edited by Serena

Holy crap, I LOVE Lana's dress. It's so pretty!!--and it looks fantastic on her. Very flattering.

This picture is cracking me up. Josh and Lana are trying so hard to Be Good and not laugh, and everyone else is goofing off to the nth! Jared and Jen M. goofing off is too cute.

I really like Josh's suit--it's one of the better ones he's worn (although last year's was pretty spiffy, too). Colin always looks so clean-cut but I kind of want him to expand his color palette a little. Blue looks lovely on him but trying a few new colors could be nice too!

Wait, they just agreed 30 minutes before the panel to let some random fan screen everybody's questions? That seems... unlikely.

Maybe she just means she's decided to tacke anyone who looks like they're gonna be mouthing off.

• Love 2
(edited)

Clip of Josh revealing his soul mate, Ginny from Vancouver and 

Knave

. LOL

Picture of

Elsa and Anna

from the preview clip. (not sure if the second person is not still a spoiler).

Edited by kili
  • Love 2
(edited)

hahaha, that's too funny! I love what a good sport Ginny G is.

You know, I never really noticed until now, but Josh smiling when he's out of character looks very different from Josh smiling when he's Charming.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 1
(edited)

The writer's room

OMG The list possible villains.

Toddlers. Puppies. Home Furnishings. Canadians

and the ways to defeat them

Whale using his Smarm. Jiminy appealing to their better natures. Grannie's Lasagna

Edited by kili
  • Love 3
(edited)

I want a picture of the white board so I can read all the funny on it. Some of the things I saw:

Unexpected Villains:

Puppies

Toddlers

The elderly

Flowers/plants

Pretty ladies (various)

Home furnishings

Canadians

Things Villains Do:

Chuckle

Steeple fingers

Pace

Laugh maniacally

Scheme

Fume/rage

Act harshly re: henchmen

Be mean

Things Villains Like:

Mayhem

Lactose

The other white board had a story arc template:

Problem!>Escalation>Henry in danger!>Resolution>Coda

Edited by Souris
  • Love 3
(edited)
Some of the things I saw:

I love the "No Talent Beyond This" written on the door.

Castles: Gothic. Romanesque. Nathan Fillion

Evil Places: Hell. Hades. Airplanes (Babies) The Valley. Pit of Despair. Sarlac Pit. Detroit

Things Villains Like: Mayhem. Lactose

Things Villains Do: Chuckle. Steeple Fingers. Pace. Laugh Maniacally. Scheme. Fume/Rant. Act Harshly Re: Henchmen. Be Mean

Unexpected Villains: Puppies. Toddlers. The Elderly (Witch). Flowers/Plants (Apple!).  Home Furnishings. Pretty Ladies (Various). Canadians.

Ways to Battle Evil: Snow White - Arrows. Emma/Regina - Magic. Belle - Pluck. Dr. Whale - Smarm. Jimminy - Appeal to Conscience. Grannie - Lasagne

Quotes:

"It's a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe that lures him to evil ways" - Buddha

"When choosing between two evils, I try the one I've never tried before" - Mae West

"Evil Schmevil" - Evil Knievil

I'm not sure what the title is, but probably villains:

Domestic Spying

The Butler from the Aristocats

Sharks

Meteors

Unemployment

Poor Body Image

In blue (Pure Good/Candy)

New Fairy Tales

The Frog and the other Frog. The Princess and the Police Officer. The Tallest Dwarf (aka The Normal Sized Guy). The Princess with the Wooden Leg.

Edited by kili
  • Love 3
(edited)

Guys, I just have to laugh so hard at this. Like, of course they had to create a SUPER SPECIAL category for Regina's true love. It's not enough that Regina can have True Love, no, they had to give her THE SPECIALEST OF ALL SPECIAL CATEGORIES for her True Love because it just.that.epic (?).

Like, it really is fanfiction at this point!!!!

PS: You can't convince me that Outlaw Queen are soulmates are Snowing aren't. No. Way.

I love the "No Talent Beyond This" written on the door.

I'm laughing so hard at this...but probably not in the way they intended!

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 3
(edited)

TVLine interview with the cast at Comicon.

EW has published the actual Ginny call to Comicon (as opposed to the one captured from the crowd). I can finally figure out what the Knave says. "Have you heard this, love? Craft's run out of bloody cheesie-puffs"

Jen/Colin looking cute on the Comicon panel in one of IMDB's "Photos We Love"

Edited by kili
(edited)

Wow, who knew clips could be shown so out of context, choosing a few of the most cringe-worthy and unmemorable moments of S3.  And what was with the nonsensical narration in the background.  Very impressive voice but uttering gibberish.

Edited by Camera One

Wow, who knew clips could be shown so out of context, choosing a few of the most cringe-worthy and unmemorable moments of S3.  And what was with the nonsensical narration in the background.  Very impressive voice but uttering gibberish.

It's bits of 'Paradise Lost' from what I can tell.