Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

Or youtube which I started to do in 3B.  There are plenty of channels out there that only clips specific character and/or couples. Also those clips stay up. Not sure why there's no copyright claims on them but I'm glad.

Yup, from YouTube too. Good point.

In my understanding, short clips from an episode (or feature length films) are considered "Fair Use" for the purposes of discussion, criticism, parody, and whatnot. It's like you can quote part of a book; that's generally considered Fair Use and not copyright infringement. But you can't quote the whole entire book all at once 'cause that's just reposting the book itself and would be considered copyright infringement. That's just my un-expert understanding though.

Edited by FabulousTater

I think ABC is just pretty lax about asking to have clips taken down relative to CBS and NBC. CBS especially keeps a death grip on Youtube clips (they're so anal about it they even take down their own clips after a particular season's DVD comes out). Whereas ABC--smartly and rightly, I think--seems to see youtube clips and such as free promotion for the show, and is happy to let people keep snippets up in the hope that the videos will entice new viewers.

I thought A&E themselves said they went to Disney and pitched a story around Frozen to get permission.

They have, but they also lie all the time, so! I don't blame anyone for not believing them anymore. :)

• Love 1

Has anyone heard about any retailer-specific features on the DVDs? I didn't see anything of note in the ads for Target or Best Buy in the Sunday paper. It looks like Target's price is lower, but that could be balanced if, as with the last season, Best Buy has some kind of exclusive features.

Has anyone heard about any retailer-specific features on the DVDs? I didn't see anything of note in the ads for Target or Best Buy in the Sunday paper. It looks like Target's price is lower, but that could be balanced if, as with the last season, Best Buy has some kind of exclusive features.

There's nothing on the Best Buy site or, like you said, in the circulars.

I think they really half-assed the DVDs this season.

Lana filmed that Live appearance back in May. She did it the same week Jen did when both were in NY for the upfronts. Why they didn't air until now is beyond me.

Ah that explains it. I would assume that if one interview is bumped for another, then it might be awhile before they have a slot to fill? There is no real time peg for this one, because the show isn't on TV at the moment, so I guess it was considered an evergreen... until S4 starts airing, anyway.

Best Buy has a deal that if you buy two TV-show DVDs/Blu-rays costing more than $14.99, you save 15% on both; if you buy 3, you save 20% on them all. So if you want to stock up on some seasons of anything, that brings the price below Target. (That's what I did. I bought two things, and the Once S3 Blu-rays ended up $36 and change.)

Also, apparently the finale commentary is only on the Blu-rays, not the DVDs.

Edited by Souris

Frozen promo they shot last week. No spoilers or anything. Much in the way it had Wicked walking into Storybrooke. This time we see the characters reacting.

Emma's "really" cracks me up.

Edited by Emma
  • Love 1

Ohh... I liked it. Especially the hook freezing over, and seeing lizard-Rumple. 

Why the Enchanted Forest get-ups in Storybrooke?  Did I miss a spoiler or is that supposed to be pulling in Frozen aficionados who know nothing about the show?

I bet they were just stylistic choices. 

• Love 2

Just a little cheesy, but I liked it. "Here we go again..." just emphasizes how episodic the show's plot has become, though. I'm definitely a fan of seeing their Enchanted Forest costumes in Storybrooke!

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I think it was a good choice to go with the fairytale character outfits because for people who've never really seen the show, it says, "Elsa meets a bunch of different fairytale characters" rather than "Elsa meets a bunch of random people you don't know." Pretty much every news and entertainment site is going to post this, so I think that's wise. 

I like it.

• Love 5

It's okay, but I agree pretty uninspired--an inferior mash-up of the S2 and 3B promos. Looks like Charming was back in his S1 leathers, though, that's nice, that was his best Enchanted Forest getup. JMo's "really" was the best part of it.

I'm surprised the tagline wasn't "Winter is coming," heh.

Why the Enchanted Forest get-ups in Storybrooke?  Did I miss a spoiler or is that supposed to be pulling in Frozen aficionados who know nothing about the show?

I bet they were just stylistic choices.

Agreed. The promo people did the same thing for S2.

• Love 1

Too bad Winter is Coming belongs to another show. Although there is a T-shirt out there somewhere of Elsa sitting on the Iron Throne from Game of Thrones with that line on it. I keep thinking about buying it.

Apparently, this is the Bearfoot Bistro’s Belvedere Ice Room in Whistler, BC - a vodka tasting bar. From an online review it's: "the coldest ice bar in the world (-25 to -30 degrees Celsius) with each bottle displayed in individual ice sculpted boxes."

Edited by Amerilla

I liked the season 4 promo. It was nice to see them actually trying again and yes, I think it's good they had them in their fairy tale outfits, plus Emma's signature leather jacket and "Really." Hee, that's great.  I saw some whining to Adam that Belle's not in it but hey, neither is Henry or the knave. Everyone that matters is there. And I'm liking the ice effects.

Too bad Winter is Coming belongs to another show.

I know, right? They could have chosen something a little shorter than #StorybrookeGetsFrozenOver though. #StorybrookIsFrozen? #OnceIsFrozen? Or switch those "is"'s out with "gets".

Edited by KingOfHearts