Type keyword(s) to search

Tyson and Ashley: The "Gardner Quad Squad"

Oh my gosh, these two are just flaky beggars. Poor Ashley is all alone with 4 babies, doing everything alone, is so exhausted, but as TLC focused on one baby's toes, they are clearly painted with polish. I just can't with these two.

You two should have saved for your family instead of basically begging for money.

• Love 2

Neurochick, in response to your statement, I get annoyed with people who CHOOSE to have multiples and then whine about how hard and expensive it is. If Tyson and Ashley didn't have a garage full of baby supplies, I might buy their act, but we all know they're getting a ton of freebies and help behind the scenes. I don't have an issue with them making money off their website and YouTube, I just find them to be very disingenuous people.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 6

LOL, I have a feeling that post should have a little asterisk at the bottom, with the words "results not typical", like they have on those diet supplement ads! If it was that easy to make a million on YouTube, we'd all do it!

And yeah, the swaddling blankets--you really only need to swaddle small infants, right? I certainly never swaddled my son once he was over about 3 months old. The baby was artfully posed to show the blanket in all its glory, I guess.

Definitely not typical. It takes a lot of hard work and having something that people want. Plus, I think a lot of it truly comes down to luck. 

I think she's using the word swaddle incorrectly. I also didn't realize that she was selling headbands.

Neurochick, in response to your statement, I get annoyed with people who CHOOSE to have multiples and then whine about how hard and expensive it is. If Tyson and Ashley didn't have a garage full of baby supplies, I might buy their act, but we all know they're getting a ton of freebies and help behind the scenes. I don't have an issue with them making money off their website and YouTube, I just find them to be very disingenuous people.

I don't know, I see them as harmless.  I mean everybody gripes about whatever choices they made.  I see them as silly, but harmless.

• Love 2

Their situation happens to something like 1 in 70 million people. I am sure they knew that multiples were a possibility, but quads aren't all that common. Should they not have had fertility treatments at all?

By a year, all those diapers and wipes in that garage are gone. They go through 40 diapers a day. It's likely that while they knew it would be expensive, the reality of it is very different than what they thought they knew. I also blame TLC more than them for the perception that they are doing it alone. I have only watched one or two of their videos online, but it's clear they receive lots of help. TLC chose to edit that part out.

Oh my gosh, these two are just flaky beggars. Poor Ashley is all alone with 4 babies, doing everything alone, is so exhausted, but as TLC focused on one baby's toes, they are clearly painted with polish. I just can't with these two.

You two should have saved for your family instead of basically begging for money.

Do we know that they didn't save for the babies? I am not trying to be ornery. I am genuinely curious.

Edited by valen

By a year, all those diapers and wipes in that garage are gone. They go through 40 diapers a day. It's likely that while they knew it would be expensive, the reality of it is very different than what they thought they knew. I also blame TLC more than them for the perception that they are doing it alone. I have only watched one or two of their videos online, but it's clear they receive lots of help. TLC chose to edit that part out.

I'm sure they saved. I'm sure the expenses are overwhelming. But I concur with Bitter Apple and Butterqueen, they are disingenuous. And TLC may have edited out the army of volunteers they surely have, but no one made Ashley say "I'm all alone with these babies, I have no help, its so hard".She's said something like that in every episode. She has time to put nail polish on her babies' toes, she has time to put on false eyelashes, she has time to make a cute little square knot on the ties for the swaddle blankets she has time to make. She and Tyson have a "conversation" about how very, very expensive it is to have four babies. So very expensive! I don't care if they get donations, they should strike while the iron is hot. But the wide eyed "oh dear, such many babies, much munnies, very diapers, wow" act is so tired and so obviously phony that, to me, its off-putting.

• Love 2

Not to mention the way they yank the babies up by one arm is unsettling to me.

oh my god, i'm glad someone mentioned this, and they both do it too! so unsafe. hopefully, they won't pull a child's shoulder out of the socket and learn the hard way.

• Love 3

I just watched episode 3 and they are saying how tired they are, no time etc, but then all the babies have had their hair done in matching ribbons, not really necessary at that age and not something you'd do if you had no time?

I just watched episode 3 and they are saying how tired they are, no time etc, but then all the babies have had their hair done in matching ribbons, not really necessary at that age and not something you'd do if you had no time?

I am from Utah and this is culture is rich for the gimmee, gimmee and the shiny, put together wives. Notice what a slob Tyson is. He is getting fatter every day as he drives down to Daylight Donuts in Pleasant Grove Utah for his weekly free dozen. Then stopping by Sodalicious for his free drink daily. He plugs them in his daily vlogs, which btw, are pretty crappy as vlogs go. He sits like a slob too, and his Jesus jammies are always showing out of his too short, shorts. That is a Mormon no-no. Garments are meant to be covered.

Tyson comes from a family of 10 kids and someone is over there every day helping. They have dates nights and weekends away. They plug something on their daily vlogs and now facebook livestreams daily.

They are disingenuous and fakey fake with all the tears. They thank their followers who "love" the durls, and they "love" all their followers. That right their is enough to make me take pause. Strangers in Wisconsin don't love these children, not in the true sense. We are just a bunch of lookie loos who like to watch and snark.

Ashley used to be an esthetician so apparently she knows how to apply makeup! And her cousin does her hair, another cousin does her eye lash extension.

Recently they showed their new grifted car seats and how they couldn't get all of them to rear face. They were eaten alive online but basically said it was the best they could do with these free car seats. People mentioned smaller seats, different brands etc, but instead they chose to have 2 face forward and 2 face backwards.

I do take issue with fertility treatments when their is any chance of multiplies. If you can't afford every baby you might have, don't do it. Or, make darn sure you can afford them.

However, their ward will make sure they have diaper drives and the local Panera will feed them once a week. Other Etsy shop owners will send 4 outfits a week for the girls and after enough requests to car seat and high chair companies, they will get 4 of each.

Tyson did not have to quit his job. Ashley had plenty of help. How nice they each take turns sleeping in. Their etsy shop may require 4 hours a day. It's their vlogging and grifting that takes such a long time.

Rant over.

• Love 2

*WARNING: This is a novel of a rant*

The comment above by TEEVEE is -EVERYTHING- and true. I was beginning to think I was the only one who felt this way about them... I am glad to know I'm not. The sad part is anyone who dares defy them are quickly attacked by their ignorant loyal band of followers.

There are thousands of people who support these people so they and the girls are set for life whether or not they get their own tv show. The girls are never dressed in clothing that reflect how Tyson & Ashley are forever talking about how finances are tight. It's always overpriced boutique clothing like in their more recent YouTube video. They are wearing (Ugly) $40 rompers that make them look like little boys. And sorry but these kids are not that cute either. They take after their dad mostly... (See the comment above mine to understand why this is bad)

The girls will always have the very best and most expensive clothing, toys, car seats...and mommy and daddy won't have to pay a dime. Tyson even talks about how they are setting money aside to move into a bigger house all the while spending money on junk food and impractical things. They're not saving. They are waiting for someone to GIVE them a house just like they did with the high chairs. They kept talking about them until people GAVE them four nice high chairs. 

It is all about brand names with these people. In one picture there was a strategically placed large Livie & Luca box in the background. They even posted a YouTube video of the girls modeling Pernickety. Then there's the overpriced Minky Couture blankets they are always advertising and bragging about owning. Their girls even have blankets named after them now. 

Idk if any of you have follow them on FB or YouTube but Ashley pushes people multiple times a day to watch and like. Desperate much? They are the fakest people I have ever seen and it is sad so many support them. I wouldn't be surprised if they were given asuper fancy dream home and all expenses paid vacations to Disney and cruises. I see the girls getting brand new cars at 16 and full ride scholarships to Ivy League colleges. Hell I bet their followers even pay for the girls weddings!

These two two became a topic of discussion recently with a group of  mothers of multiples. It seems that I'm not the only one that is REALLY disgusted by the way they are using their children as a means of support.    

Neither one of them is employed!  Unless of course you count an etsy shop.  Get a job and be good parents and examples for those poor little girls!  And then there is ALL THAT MAKEUP!  Holy cow!  And of course the poorly veiled hints asking for donations. YUCK!  And last but not least, they don't seem to get that everyone thinks their kids are the cutest etc. Only incredibly immature or narcissistic parents would have the gall to brag about their kids the way these two do. 'Aren't they the cutest girls in the world?'  Once again, YUCK.  Ok done with that rant....  Sorry.

Botton line - those poor little girls deserve better. And although they do have a (naive) group of followers, the rest of the world isn't fooled.  

14 hours ago, Elizabethanne said:

These two two became a topic of discussion recently with a group of  mothers of multiples. It seems that I'm not the only one that is REALLY disgusted by the way they are using their children as a means of support.    

Neither one of them is employed!  Unless of course you count an etsy shop.  Get a job and be good parents and examples for those poor little girls!  And then there is ALL THAT MAKEUP!  Holy cow!  And of course the poorly veiled hints asking for donations. YUCK!  And last but not least, they don't seem to get that everyone thinks their kids are the cutest etc. Only incredibly immature or narcissistic parents would have the gall to brag about their kids the way these two do. 'Aren't they the cutest girls in the world?'  Once again, YUCK.  Ok done with that rant....  Sorry.

Botton line - those poor little girls deserve better. And although they do have a (naive) group of followers, the rest of the world isn't fooled.  

If you look at their Etsy shop they actually have over 16K sales. Assuming everyone has bought the cheapest item possible; which is $10, that is still $160K+ in Etsy sales in a year. For many people, Etsy is their sole employment and these two seem to be the lucky 1% who are doing that. 

That said, I still can't stand them---and think their ploys for donations are not nearly as secretive and crafty as they think they are. 

I'm also LDS and from Utah and I've followed them on Instagram for about a year; I'm of really mixed opinions.

My main problems with them are:

• Putting their kids out there for all the world to see. With 89,000 followers on Youtube, over 100,000 on Instagram, 550,000+ on Facebook, and likely upwards of a million viewing them on Rattled...think of the sheer number of people who know their kids' names, their faces, the whereabouts of their house, what places they frequent in a normal week/month, and could easily find them if they had half an inclination to. Who've seen their kids in only diapers. Who might not have their childrens' best interests in mind when they're looking through over four hundred videos, a thousand plus instagram photos, and countless facebook posts. Think of how much easy access complete strangers have to those children. 
  • Consent. Not only are the girls growing up on social media for all the world to see, but they have zero choice in that. If one of them one day decides they don't like that strangers know who they are and recognize them and had access to all kinds of pictures and videos of them? Tough break, kid, mom and dad already made that decision for you.
  • Tyson quitting his job - I'm sorry, what? You just had 4 babies, so you're going quit your job and rely on donations, Instagram giveaways/advertisements, and an etsy shop to support these 4 precious babies you tried for 8 years to have?! What about insurance? How much do all the girls' doctor check-ups cost? Not to mention the boutique-style clothes, the diapers, the formula, the elaborate birthday parties, the lifestyle photo shoots, the new house! Are they saving at all? Are they putting anything aside into college funds? Do they have a plan for what to do when inevitably the quads stop pulling in the cash for them? How is Tyson planning on getting another job with a huge chunk of unemployed time on his resume?
  • Materialism. The stuff, stuff, stuff that they seem to have everywhere and constantly need more of. Do the girls NEED 4+ Minky blankets each? Do they NEED a $50 outfit for each of them that they'll wear once? They talk about how expensive 4 babies are, but the things they are buying aren't necessary, they're completely frivolous.

As far as the assistance...I can guarantee that their church at the very least offered to help out; no telling whether they accepted it, although I can't imagine why they wouldn't. But for the amount of help these two receive, I am frustrated with what they do with it. When a woman in my church found herself pregnant with quads a few years back, the church members stepped up to help, and they received diapers and formula and money and we set up a rotation for 3 people to come help with each feeding...since, you know, the husband was working. And once the babies were old enough that the mom could handle things on her own, she did. They didn't go public, didn't ask for help, didn't try to drum up publicity about having 4 babies at once to keep money rolling in...they accepted what help was offered, and made do with everything else. I can't help but think her 4 boys are going to grow up so much more well-adjusted than the Gardner girls.

On the makeup item: LDS girls seem to wear either little/no makeup (my daily makeup is a tinted moisturizer, mascara, and an eyebrow pencil; I don't even have a fancy look) or Ashley-level makeup. I don't know why this is, but it seems like everyone either looks so minimal you're not sure they're even wearing it or they're very made up and over the top. I've never thought of this as an issue or gotten the impression that anyone else thought they were "competing" with one another to look good as another poster suggested on the first page (also: many of us do indeed have educations and careers), it just seems like a personal preference. It doesn't really bother me one way or another; if she feels better about herself with fake eyelashes and countouring, more power to her. 

Edited by AnJen
a word
  • Love 1

I'm so glad they're not back this season.  These people are awful.  Tyson and Ashley are always taking vacations and leaving the girls at home.  They are forever filming these girls and doing baby talk to them.  There was a birthday party they filmed and when it was cake time, all 4 girls pushed the birthday girl away, fighting each other to stand next to the cake.  By the time Happy Birthday was sung, the quads were around the cake and the birthday girl was behind THEM.  Tyson or Ashley never once corrected them.  Just kept baby talking about how cute they are.  Constantly speaking to the camera, making their girls the center of someone else's party.  It made me ill.  They are never disciplined, another video is the girls jumping all over the kitchen table (that they supposedly spent $7,000 on).  They've had pictures and videos of the girls half naked.  There was a creeper on their YouTube who was saying some pretty creepy stuff he'd like to do to the girls and when someone suggested she may want to stop making videos because of people like him, she deleted and blocked that person.  They are definitely what's wrong with society these days.  It's all about likes and instant attention no matter what the cost.

• Love 2