Type keyword(s) to search

Fit To Fat To Fit - General Discussion

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

I've never watched an episode of this before -- the concept appalled me -- but I caught the Adonis/Alissa episode on the FYI channel.

I don't understand why Adonis was presented as not knowing what it was like to be fat. He said five years ago, he was fat (310 pounds) but he got in shape, and fitness saved his life. It seems to me that that experience already gave him more insight than those trainers who have never dealt with weight issues. Why did he have to regain 70 pounds when he had previously lost almost 100 pounds five years ago?

Yes, I agree.  I was thinking the same thing.  He wanted to be on teevee to boost his business, that's all.

• Love 1

Just as an FYI: this show moved to Lifetime. They had a six-hour marathon for the entire season of new episodes on January 8. You can watch on Lifetime's website.

I'm 13 minutes into the second episode and wow...Willie and Quincy had to end their time on the show because after gaining only 21 lbs, Willie developed high blood pressure, shortness of breath, chest pain, and his heart was enlarging, so, he decided to stop the experiment. His family history of heart disease was most likely a factor. Cary (trainer) and Parneille (friend) replace them.

Edited by ShortyMac
  • Love 1
On 2/2/2018 at 8:36 PM, ShortyMac said:

Just as an FYI: this show moved to Lifetime. They had a six-hour marathon for the entire season of new episodes on January 8. You can watch on Lifetime's website.

I'm 13 minutes into the second episode and wow...Willie and Quincy had to end their time on the show because after gaining only 21 lbs, Willie developed high blood pressure, shortness of breath, chest pain, and his heart was enlarging, so, he decided to stop the experiment. His family history of heart disease was most likely a factor. Cary (trainer) and Parneille (friend) replace them.

YouTube has been pushing these episodes and I have been watching. It’s an interesting concept but not quite aligned with what they were going for. 

Most obese people do not gain all of their excess weight in 4months or even a year (unless they had an injury, major illness or a pregnancy). 10lbs a year for 6 years is an extra 60lbs and doesn’t require eating so much you throw up- to gain 10lbs in a year that’s an extra 100 calories a day. Also, the trainers have the advantage of being super fit when they start, the muscle memory is still there.

It is interesting to see the psychological component of the weight gain/loss. Jessi of season 2 really seems to be a much more jovial person after gaining weight. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/22/2021 at 10:14 AM, Scarlett45 said:

YouTube has been pushing these episodes and I have been watching. It’s an interesting concept but not quite aligned with what they were going for. 

Most obese people do not gain all of their excess weight in 4months or even a year (unless they had an injury, major illness or a pregnancy). 10lbs a year for 6 years is an extra 60lbs and doesn’t require eating so much you throw up- to gain 10lbs in a year that’s an extra 100 calories a day. Also, the trainers have the advantage of being super fit when they start, the muscle memory is still there.

It is interesting to see the psychological component of the weight gain/loss. Jessi of season 2 really seems to be a much more jovial person after gaining weight. 

Sadly, trainer Adonis was killed in a motorcycle crash on November 24, 2020. A woman in an SUV hit him. He left behind a young daughter. So sad.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-nyc-motorcycle-killed-personal-trainer-fitness-show-20201126-yps5fiv4cffedjyyjfuwpdwlkq-story.html

Edited by ShortyMac