PRIMETIMER
maraleia

Modern Family in the Media

On 1/10/2020 at 12:36 PM, Artsda said:

Lol at Lily's not sad, don't care look. 

Right and also going: "I'm so done with acting!" 

On 1/10/2020 at 1:36 PM, Artsda said:

Lol at Lily's not sad, don't care look. 

Mitchell also has a "trying to care" look, which matches up perfectly with his character.

On another note, I feel Ariel Winter must be spending ALL her syndication money on a publicist to get her name and photo out there because I can't open a Yahoo page lately without some ridiculous, "look at me" post of her in her underwear or some clothes that barely qualify as clothes with a lengthy, extremely hyperbolic and poorly written article about said picture. Like "Ariel Winter broke the internet with this pic...[insert long, net-speak filled, blathering article]" when in reality, no one outside of her regular IG followers would even have seen the pic if she wasn't paying someone to plaster the internet with them. 

I feel sorry for her because she clearly has self-esteem issues, but it seems like the worst possible way to deal with those issues. The comments are frequently cruel and most of them include some version of "who is this, again?"

It'd be nice if she could be proud of the accomplishment of being on such a massive hit show for years, but she seems determined to get validation solely through T&A. 

Edited by ljenkins782

4 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Mitchell also has a "trying to care" look, which matches up perfectly with his character.

On another note, I feel Ariel Winter must be spending ALL her syndication money on a publicist to get her name and photo out there because I can't open a Yahoo page lately without some ridiculous, "look at me" post of her in her underwear or some clothes that barely qualify as clothes with a lengthy, extremely hyperbolic and poorly written article about said picture. Like "Ariel Winter broke the internet with this pic...[insert long, net-speak filled, blathering article]" when in reality, no one outside of her regular IG followers would even have seen the pic if she wasn't paying someone to plaster the internet with them. 

I feel sorry for her because she clearly has self-esteem issues, but it seems like the worst possible way to deal with those issues. The comments are frequently cruel and most of them include some version of "who is this, again?"

It'd be nice if she could be proud of the accomplishment of being on such a massive hit show for years, but she seems determined to get validation solely through T&A. 

I click on some of those Yahoo articles just to read some of the comments.  There is something very disturbed about her complaining about "millions of strangers" commenting on her when she regularly posts skin pics on social media.  It would be pretty easy to eliminate comments by strangers if she would stop posting those ridiculous pics.  It's "look at me, look at me"  but "don't talk about me, don't talk about me".  Most of what is said about her is insulting and/or vulgar and most people don't find her more than middling attractive. 

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 1:05 PM, ljenkins782 said:

I feel much the same about Ariel Winter. 

She is an attractive young female, but far from anything special for Hollywood or even really most girls her own age. 

And I too don't understand what she or her publicist is trying to accomplish.  I see the same yahoo articles all the time, "Look at her how sexy she has become!" basically.  Is she trying to make herself into some young sexy starlet just out of insecurity and overcompensation, or does she really believe she can be that person?  Does she want to be that person? Seems like she likely has someone giving her bad advice. 

I think my feelings on her are a combination of annoying for putting out those articles and pity for her feeling or having someone talking her into doing it.  More annoyed probably with her publicist than her, but ultimately, she is now an adult and needs to have come control over it.  I know she had a rough childhood and lots of infighting with her family, but at some point as she ages she has to take some responsibility for her own image. 

On 1/27/2020 at 8:04 AM, MikaelaArsenault said:

I wonder how she died.

BASE jumping? 🙄

I never understood how the show reconciled her “loyalty” to Jay with her defection to the other closet company. I don’t think Jay would have ever taken her back.

• Like 1

I know most here are over the show and I don’t disagree but it’s their last week of filming and a lot of the cast are posting stories and pictures on their IG.

• Like 3

One Day at Disney did a Modern Family episode, on Disney+

My favorite bit was Nolan showing how he and Ariel have their heights marked over the years on doorjamb from the Dunphy house set. Not Luke and Alex. Nolan and Ariel. Apparently they've been getting measured throughout the run of the show. 

• Like 1