Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Down Where The Dead Delight

When a bomb is detonated in the morgue, Watson and Holmes must look for a killer without any physical evidence to assist them; Watson is asked to consult on a case by a detective who has a grudge against her.
Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

Awww, the poor coroner. He finally worked up the nerve to ask out his crush and she got BLOWN UP.

I was totally with Sherlock re: Joan's new nemesis. Don't trust that shady bitch, Joan! She is obviously up to no good!

Mr. EB thought the creepy kid's mom did it, but it made sense that the dad did it.

But did they ever explain how the creepy kid had enough time to install his pervy spy cam? I'm assuming that he went by her place to pick up some oxy and that's when he did it (as opposed to breaking into her place while she was gone), but wouldn't he need at least a few minutes to do it?

• Love 3

I really liked the way Cortes took Joan aback with her comment about Joan being able to tolerate Sherlock's violence and if violence bothered you you wouldn't still be with partners with him.  That one stung just a little bit, so it makes me hope there will be more than just them being frenemies to the Joan/Cortes relationship

• Love 2

Dammit, once again, as I soon as John Finn popped up, I knew he was going to be the killer.  Show did try to fool me by having Kate Burton there as well, but I figured it was going to be him because he was acting way more shifty in all of searching scenes.  It sucks though that his need to "protect" his son not only caused the death of the kid's potential future victim, but the homeless guy too, and that poor medic the coroner was crushing on and finally got the nerve to ask out.  I mean, the death sucks either way, but that has to be the worst timing for Ethan.

So, Cortes is back and has now moved past being Joan's enemy, but is apparently a bit off her rocker and wants Joan to help her basically play vigilante.  Like Cortes wants to be Batman and wants Joan to be her Gordon?  Back away slowly, Joan!  But I have a feeling this is far from over.

Bell's reaction to Sherlock just walking into the creek was the best.

Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to make sure there aren't any new mysterious outlets in my home....

• Love 4

Awww, the poor coroner. He finally worked up the nerve to ask out his crush and she got BLOWN UP.

Oh man, I hated that. I had totally forgotten about the explosion in the commercials, so there I am, completely charmed and shipping them (singing! hockey date! awwww...) and KABOOM. So, so unhappy.

Cortes makes me hiss when she turns up. Maybe this plot will go someplace fascinating in the end, but in the meantime, hisssss get off my show, you nutbar. OTOH, we got a Bell/Sherlock scene, and those are always worth it.

Also worth it- Sherlock's roller derby names for Joan. If I ever pick up roller derby, I am totally calling myself Joan Cold Killer. Fantastic.

• Love 4

Bell's reaction to Sherlock just walking into the creek was the best.

Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to make sure there aren't any new mysterious outlets in my home....

Bell's reaction was great - I wasn't expecting it, but it seemed so perfectly legit.

I loved Joan punching out her Cortes adrenaline on Bob.

• Love 2
(edited)

One thing I love about Sherlock is that you'd think he would be really uptight based on his shirts being buttoned all the way up and his meticulous appearance, but he never hesitates to get dirty when looking for clues (or licking substances that he finds on the floor). He didn't hesitate when tromping through that muddy water. Heh, although he did at least remove his coat first.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 5

And I love the fact that Bell called him on his phone to ask him what was going on. Couldn't you have shouted across the wee pond, Marcus?

Back to It's-That-Guy-From-That-Thing being the murderer.

Joan's roller derby monikers were made twice as funny by being uttered by staid Sherlock. He was being quite brotherly in his teasing!

• Love 6

Cute young thing, singing Loretta Lynn songs. I was hoping the blast would be more benign (injuries). Am I overthinking it - or did they choose Lynn's "Fist City" to tie in with Cortez's beat down of what's his (now smashed) face?

I didn't care for Joan's black shirt and asymmetrical hem skirt ensemble, but I did like the shirt with the animals - though I am stunned that I didn't notice they were dinosaurs. I guess I just noticed the colors.

I thought the Mom did it so the son would be put away and they'd be free of him, and secure that he'd be "taken care of" for the rest of his life. Doesn't hurt that Kate Burton does ruthless really well.

• Love 1

Loved Holmes roller derby names for Joan. But I am a little confused about the girl victim. Exactly how

much did the dad tell her? Did he tell her his son had pictures of her mutilated? That he was crazy,

obsessed with her and probably going to kill her? If so why wouldn't she hear all that and decided the dad

was right and agree to never see him again?

• Love 2

I love it when Joan and Sherlock tease and bust on each other--it makes their deep friendship even more believable. And Sherlock's roller derby names were fabulous :):)

The actress playing Cortes needs to step it up a notch acting-wise because I'm getting a tad bit tired of the one note sneering disdain she displays in all of her scenes with Joan.  And I love that Cortes has zero problem coming at Joan with her "a real detective doesn't need consultants" but she doesn't have big enough balls to say it loud enough for Capt. Gregson or Det. Bell to hear.  She's just so tough, right?  :)

Cortes trying to draw a non-existent parallel between her violence and Sherlock's is ridiculous.  Sherlock assaulted Oscar after spending more then 24 hours being emotionally abused by the man--he was worried for Alfredo and trying to control his own addictive personalty and then when he knew Alfredo was safe and that Oscar had been lying about his already dead sister, Sherlock snapped and put a well deserved beat down on the jackass.  

And yes he was planning on killing Sebastian Moran but that was when he thought Moran was not only a serial killer responsible for more then the death of 30 people, he also thought Moran killed Irene.  Both cases were extremely emotional and deeply personal for Sherlock.  Cortes is just a bully who likes pushing people around.

Cortes should be afraid because Joan and Sherlock will get the goods on her and she won't like the results, 

• Love 6

One thing I love about Sherlock is that you'd think he would be really uptight based on his shirts being buttoned all the way up and his meticulous appearance, but he never hesitates to get dirty when looking for clues (or licking substances that he finds on the floor). He didn't hesitate when tromping through that muddy water. Heh, although he did at least remove his coat first.

Watching, I was thinking more about JLM and his absolute commitment to trudging through said dirty water, but true it applies just as much to Sherlock.  It seems when CBS runs promos for this show (which they seem to do rarely) they always include at least one sardonic Sherlock/Marcus exchange, and they showed part of this.

The ending with Joan and Cortes took me aback, especially with Joan saying "race you to the bottom".  I can only presume that she and Sherlock will find a way to take Cortes and her corrupt ways down, but I hope it will be resolved fairly soon.

I had seen the bomb in the preview, but it did also seem the poor victim was just so happy and perfect, you almost saw it coming in a show like this one (:

• Love 1

I really enjoyed this episode. As soon as I saw the Lieutenant from Cold Case, I knew that he would be involved in the crime. Thought that the actor playing the son did a good job. Loved Sherlock wading across the pond.

• Love 1

Poor medical examiner. I knew something was coming because he was just too happy and everything was just too perfect, but I didn't know an explosion was coming so I was totally surprised by that.   :(

I did laugh quite a bit at Holmes' insistent texting, though:

NEED TO TLK.

NOW
NOW
NOW
NOW 
NOW

LOL.

• Love 3

Those are leopards on Joan's shirt - and it's a Stell McCarthy design. Thanks to http://joansfashionshow.tumblr.com/

I thought the guy playing skeevy son did an exceptional job. You could just tell something was off but it was hard to gauge how bad it was.

We already had Sherlock warning Watson that she should not become like him and while it's difficult to imagine Watson ever going full Batman we now have her already more or less silently condoning four acts of vigilantism: Sherlock and Moran, Sherlock and Oliver, Kitty and (literally) what's-his-face and now Cortes and Mendoza.

• Love 1
we now have her already more or less silently condoning four acts of vigilantism: Sherlock and Moran, Sherlock and Oliver, Kitty and (literally) what's-his-face and now Cortes and Mendoza.

Remember when she asked Morland Holmes' assistant how hard he had ever been hit?

Those are leopards on Joan's shirt - and it's a Stella McCarthy design. Thanks to http://joansfashionshow.tumblr.com/

It is on sale for $630.00.  How much does Sherlock pay Watson? Also, can anyone tell what it is made out of?  Cotton? Silk? Polyester? Hey, a girl can dream.

I was incredibly distracted by the blouse and trying to figure out if they were lizards or cats.  I wonder if Joan is part of some secret society of clothes swappers.  Maybe everyone supplies ten expensive outfits as the buy-in.

I have to ask all you clever people if you have any roller derby names for Sherlock.  I can only come up with Holmes Wrecker, which is stupid.

Sure Block?

• Love 1

Also, can anyone tell what it is made out of?  Cotton? Silk? Polyester? Hey, a girl can dream.

The description of the blouse is "Oversized Printed Silk Satin Shirt". The green jaguar on there looks like Cringer from He-Man. 

I have to ask all you clever people if you have any roller derby names for Sherlock.

How about Sherlock n Load? My favorite name for Watson was Joan Cold Killer.

• Love 1

Those are leopards on Joan's shirt - and it's a Stell McCarthy design.

McCartney, ie Paul's daughter.

I figured the guy put the camera in the kitchen because for whatever reason, he purchased the cable jack cam, and he thought he could explain being in the kitchen if caught more easily than bedroom. And a fake cable jack in the bathroom would look obviously out of place. Now why he didn't get some other sort of hidden camera is another question...not like he knew the famous Sherlock Holmes would eventually be investigating him so he had to psychically choose one of the very few models with which Sherlock is not familiar.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 1

Poor medical examiner. I knew something was coming because he was just too happy and everything was just too perfect, but I didn't know an explosion was coming so I was totally surprised by that.   :(

I did laugh quite a bit at Holmes' insistent texting, though:

NEED TO TLK.

NOW

NOW

NOW

NOW 

NOW

LOL.

Me too. That's how my autistic son texts me.  I am given about 20 seconds to respond and if not then I get the hurry hurry emergency mom please texts. lol

I love this show for making it clear Joan and Sherlock care about each other and also making it clear it's entirely platonic. 

• Love 5

I have to ask all you clever people if you have any roller derby names for Sherlock.  I can only come up with Holmes Wrecker, which is stupid.   

Bedrock Style: SureRock Bones

London Style: Sure RockNRolla

• Love 1

I'm Wendra Woman! Wendy Whiplash! Wendy Snarling! (totally off-topic)

When the dead woman/roller derby connection was revealed, I couldn't believe there was still such a thing as roller derby. I'm glad to see it's alive and well and kicking and scratching and shoving.

• Love 1

I to figured Neil Dannon (John Finn of Cold Case) was the suspect when Detective Bell spoke to him.

They did try to lead us away, but it is hard to stop thinking it is the recognizable face.

I would have thought that "Janet of the Apes", Janet Hefferman would have seen the coaxial link.

A couple years back, both H50 and CSI:NY, (I think), had an episode with Roller Derby.

I did think it strange Det. Cortes came to Joan for help.

Edited by webruce

So I'm still making my way through the season.  No one recognized the coroner's crush as Marcy from Daredevil?  I was thinking at first that she'd be some mad bomber, but that theory ended quickly.