Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Finale Part 2

Yay, my preferred designer! Finally! ;D 

Samantha's collection mostly just made me miss the black bomber jacket i rocked the hell out of in the early 90s. I lived in that thing! Sigh... but none of it felt new. The red was a great addition.

I love Zachary so much as a person & as a student of fashion, but the palette he works with bores me. I did like the handkerchief dresses, especially with the bold black borders.

Peytie - I didn't love her runway show as much as I wanted to :( even though I loved some of the pieces a lot. I like how she reworked the orange material (and that she didn't scrap it!) - but the final 6 looks relied a little too heavily on the hand-painted material and the same stripey/mirrored material for my taste. Her final look moved beautifully, though.

I was terribly impressed with Maya. Her construction, taken from her pre-finale 'rib cage' idea and morphed into her 'woman warrior' idea, was so strong and unique. Would I wear it? Of course not. Would it make me gasp and look twice if I saw it on someone? Very much so. I liked the obi reference that wasn't over the top, and her "architectural" design, that if she were an original recipe PR contestant, we would have heard a million sound bytes about. 

• Love 4

A nice runway. I'm glad Maya won. I think she was my favorite but I vacillate from one designer to another. I could wear something from each one. I'm not the type of "girl" the judges refer to when they ask, "Tell us about your girl." I think many woman have an eclectic style and their closets reflect that. A really delightful show this season. From the previews, however, it looks like we're back to bitching. The adults have learned nothing. But I'll still watch and read the forums. See you soon!

ITA. I was thinking the same thing while watching. I get why they feel designers should have a point of view for marketing and branding purposes, but why don't they ever applaud versatility? If a designer could design clothes that crossed several different styles I would be impressed instead of wondering what was wrong with them. 

• Love 4

I'm glad that Maya won too.  Although I really couldn't wear what she designs, I think it was beautiful.  I liked Zachary and Peytie's designs also.  I wasn't too impressed with Samantha, it all looked the same to me.  And to be honest, the dress she made was no great shakes.  I have a similar one in my closet that I wear around the house during the summer.

When Cristian said that he wished he could see her work so he could pick up on the way she does the construction - I thought that was great.  When was the last time we heard anyone say that about PR with adults? I would think probably when Cristian was on it!

• Love 2

Maya's work is beautiful and she is clever and has just the right eye for finesse.  For all these reasons, she deserved the win.  But, I think she and Samantha are similar to me...Peytie and Zach are still my favorites.  They didn't stun on the runway - nor Did Samantha but they did throughout the season and that is enough for me.

It was disturbing to hear that Hannah lobbied hard to send Peytie home in previous competitions.   Especially when combined with her own admission of several episodes ago that she managed at least once to save Matt, when many seemed to feel he didn't really deserve it.  

Edited by millennium
  • Love 1

*Perhaps one of these young people could design Bella Thorne a dress that doesn't fall off her body when she sits down and leans forward.

She seemed to be schlumped so far over in her chair that I was afraid she was going to fall off!  Plus, she doesn't seem to have the best posture.

Plus, Bella Thorne?  I only know her from that horrible Drew Barrymore/Adam Sandler movie that my husband and son keep watching.  Is she that well known?  I can only imagine the C-list actresses that turned the gig down.  To me, she looks like a poor man's Keira Knightley.

Zachary's comment about Beyonce was funny, but I'm sure Bey has tons of minions to do stuff for her, so she probably can get lots more done in a day than us peons.

I agree with many here that this was a breath of fresh air. Tons of talent. Great kids. Hope for the future!

I adored Maya's collection and think her win is well deserved.

Peytie is an awesome human. I loved the hand painted leathers, even in the shift dress.

I think Samantha is a wonderful CONFIDENT young woman. I hope she holds on to her confidence in a world that will mistake it for bitchiness or smugness.

Zachary will be designing for Helen Mirren in no time.

• Love 3

I am so happy Maya won. What an incredibly mature, talented girl she is. Personally, I loved Peytie, but agree that Maya's collection was better. I loved this show so much. I'm afraid that if they do another season of it that it will never be this positive and the kids won't be as refreshingly unjaded as they were this season.

Someone mentioned the faces of the former PR contestants at the runway show. So true- and they should have been embarrassed that these kids were able to send down such creative, finished garments. 

So glad Matt was out when he was. I was really annoyed seeing him last night with his Marc's Big Boy hair and furry shrug.

• Love 3

I really liked all of these kids and wish they could all win. Samantha's show wasn't my style at all, but she's got a Denise Huxtable vibe going that makes me just adore her. Zachary's looks aren't my style either, but I love how he owns his point of view. Maya is wise beyond her years and makes fabulous clothes - I like her as the winner. Peytie's my sentimental favorite because I'm a boho chick at heart and I hope to see more of her (and her sister's) work.

All around, a completely delightful viewing experience. The "grownups" could take lessons on maturity and class from this crew. Hell, so could I!

• Love 3

Maya and Peytie were my favorites all season, so I am happy for Maya's win. As for the final collections, I thought all four kids did exceptionally well. I even liked much of Samantha's stuff, though it wasn't my taste at all. I think Zachary will end up designing for a more mature woman, but I find that quite refreshing. I do hate the emphasis that regular PR has on youth and sexiness--older women wear clothes too and don't always want to look like we're trying to be sex in heels. And although Peytie's "girl" is definitely young, she isn't a sex kitten either. I appreciated that too. Maya's collection was my favorite. I could have tolerated more of that floral print, actually. But I did love that jacket with the long bell sleeves. 

This whole season was just so great. The kids were awesome to watch. I loved how supportive they were of each other and how genuinely willing they were to learn and create and create and learn with no undertones of cynicism or desperation or snarkiness. 

• Love 1

I loved this season as well and thought that Mata definitely deserved the win. Samantha is a great person but her "pencil dress" was just a piece of fabric with armholes cut out. It had no ornamentation whatsoever. Everything else was the same stuff we've been seeing from her all season. Her final pitch of "I listen good" was pure suck-up and had nothing to do with her collection.

How the hell is Kelly "famous for her dad" a fashion designer???? She looked hideous all season but saved the worst for last.

I'm out until the next Junior.

I finally watched this and here´s what I thought:

Maya: She is very unique in a surprising way, and she´s more than talented, super-talented would be the description I´d use. The only thing wrong with her collection was that it was almost too perfect.

Samantha: I didn´t like anything, sorry. Especially not the dress. I´m not into fashion so maybe that´s why I don´t get it. I just thought it was blah and repetitive.

Zachary: It went from a scale of "okay" to " very good".

Peytie: Loved it, some of the outfits were stunning and I would have wanted her to be a close second behind Maya for the win.

• Love 2

Love all of these talented young designers.  I am amazed at their level of talent.  I agreed with the order that the judges rated their collections.  I loved Maya and Samantha's collections and thought they were much better than the other two.  Although I loved Peytie all season, I didn't love her collection.  I don't think Samantha joined in the fun in the workroom because she was overwhelmed and really behind.  I didn't catch any attitude from any of these teenagers.  If my 6 year old grows up to be like any of these kids, I will be so proud.  Great job kids.  

• Love 1
On 2/4/2016 at 8:58 PM, njbchlover said:

I noticed a lot of previous PR contestants (maybe the ones who will be on All Stars-?) in the audience, and the look of utter terror on some of the faces was priceless...you could almost see the thought bubbles over their heads~~"There is NO way my stuff is as good as this"...."These kids are putting us to shame"....etc.

So true. I am late and just binged this. I caught that same look. These young kids were beyond fantastic and talented.  Nice to see the relationship that each had with their families. The love and support was really something special.

• Love 2