Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Alistair Pitt

• Start Topic

As to still seeing Monk, as soon as Shaloub held his glass out for the dog to lick, they got an "ew" out of me, which escalated to an audible "AUGH" when he followed up by drinking from it himself. (And that's me speaking as a dog owner.) All visions of Monk were firmly banished in that moment. And I *so* bet that was the reason for that scene.

Funny, I didn't even notice Shaloub sharing his drink with his dog. Maybe because I consider it no big deal. That, plus I never watched an episode of Monk.

It continues to be to my great sorrow and irritation that the multiple incidences of "Comrade Restova" didn't end with Lizzie chopping that asshole directly in the throat.

Keep dreaming. Lizzie couldn't even do a good school-yard comeback, like: "Your dad kept calling me that last night in bed" or something. Anything. All she could do is whine, "Don't call me that" repeatedly. Hardly a throat-chopping person's response.

Interesting insight, Daniel. People here complain about Ressler being a stick, but that's about the depth of the white-man criticism.

Absolutely.  Let's not forget Champion!

Well, nuts. I've already forgotten Champion. What/who is that?

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 2

Keep dreaming. Lizzie couldn't even do a good school-yard comeback, like: "Your dad kept calling me that last night in bed" or something. Anything. All she could do is whine, "Don't call me that" repeatedly. Hardly a throat-chopping person's response.

I know. Dammit.

Thanks a lot, dreamwrecker. 

• Love 1

To the point of the "meanie" DEA agent, if this were Angie Tribeca, that scene would be funny, but this is not a comedy, at least intentionally, so a good guy ending up that way is telling of the writers mindset primarily. That is, "let's telegraphs this useless redshirt, black, jerk's death, and fulfill expectations for a fifth grader fist pump moment."

It's one of the oldest, overused tropes. Make a character loathsome to some degree, then when they die, the audience feels ok with it. And it was telegraphed from the first scene with him, where he was uncooperative. The more anvils that are dropped the more contempt the writers have for the audience. It's insulting. Comrade.

Again, "our heroine" has murdered an AG, attempted to murder a cop, and covered up a murder she witnessed on the boat. She got away with it all through power and influence (Red). Kinda like how the ag and the cabal got away with their murders and corruption, but she is better than them for some reason?

Edited by CaptainE
  • Love 2

Again, "our heroine" has murdered an AG, attempted to murder a cop, and covered up a murder she witnessed on the boat. She got away with it all through power and influence (Red). Kinda like how the ag and the cabal got away with their murders and corruption, but she is better than them for some reason?

*mic drop*

That's so on-point...and chilling.

• Love 1

Was I the only one who noticed Tom's red underwear when he was picking Gina up off the floor? After reviewing that scene like 20 times that wasn't boxers at all. I see myself out.

Nope, totally spotted that, definitely rewound, so you're in questionable company at least. Seriously, was that a thong??? Do men do those, or is Tom more layered than previously suspected?
  • Love 1