Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Wedding Bliss and a First Kiss

• Start Topic

Michaela's wedding day finally arrives...

Lots of filler in this episode.  I would have liked to see more footage of the reception instead of all the rehearsal stuff.  All I saw of the Duggars were a few quick shots of Jana and none of the rest of the family.  Perhaps they are the reason we didn't see more of the reception.

Carlin bugged with her melodramatic crying during the rehearsal.  The bridesmaids dresses were just bad...the pink ones look like something from Dorothy Zbornak's closet, and the brown ones look like burlap sacks.

Edited by IndianPaintbrush
  • Love 3

I could have sworn I saw Jill, Derick and Derpy Dan at the rehearsal.

The wedding was decent as far as Fundie weddings go, but seemed to lack personality. Michael is kind of a stick in the mud. If nail parlor massage chairs offend her, I can't imagine she was too much fun when it came to the rest of the planning. Brandon rocked the brown tux surprisingly well.

I also couldn't believe the family didn't like Alyssa's hair. I thought it looked really pretty. I'm sure she and John hightailed it back to Florida as soon as they could.

Bradley is an adorable little chubbers.

• Love 5

Michael is a really pretty girl. Maybe not as flashy as some of her sisters, but pretty.

I have decided that Michael and Brandon are not only quiet an reserved, they are really really shy. Brandon blushed through the entire hour. He seemed much looser around the Bates brothers this week.

• Love 4

I also couldn't believe the family didn't like Alyssa's hair. I thought it looked really pretty.

I know!! I thought she looked beautiful!

Michaela was a very pretty bride. I wish there was more emotion from Brandon during the ceremony but I guess he's just a serious person. She is too, it seems.

I heart Gil Bates. (If you switch the first letters he's Bil(l) Gates. :) When he first walked in and saw her on the steps he just looked so proud and he was just beaming. He said some really beautiful things about Michaela as well.

Carlin made me lol when she told Tori to 'wake up from her dreams' regarding the kiss Gil was supposed to be saving for her.

I saw Jill and Derick. James. Joy and Jana of course. Didn't notice any other Duggars. At the end though, when Brandon and Michaela were coming down the stairs and the wedding party lined the stairs, there was one kid in a gray suit who was sitting with them but got up when B and M came down. I'd bet money it was Jackson. Only bc that kid in the gray suit bothered me by being there and it seems like something Jackson would do.

Sweet episode. I shed a tear.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 6

Joy was with them at the nail salon. Josie was sitting on her lap at one point. I also saw one of the lost J girls at the end on the stairs.

I can't help love this family. Callie broke my heart. Michael was glowing the entire time, and I really saw excitement and emotion from Brandon. They were both happy and giddy.

Gil and Kelly truly love their children. It radiates from them. And the kids love each other. They acted like Michael was dying though. I understand they'll miss her, but she's just moving away.

• Love 6

Those two youngest boys are adorable. Jeb and Judson, is it. Especially Jeb following his daddy everywhere.

Jeb definitely clings more to the males in the family. On an episode last season, Jeb had a mini-meltdown when Gil and Kelly were leaving for a trip and the only sibling he would go to was Trace. It was a refreshing change from watching toddlers being dumped on Sister Moms a la You Know Who.

It's awesome that Chad is a jack of all trades, but I'm sure he'd like to enjoy some of these family events as a guest instead of always having a job to do.

I'm really happy Brandon and Michael didn't do that obnoxious sprint up the aisle.

• Love 4

It was a nice enough wedding, but the impressions I had were the same ones I've said here over and over. She's TRULY excited to be with him and for married life, and well -- he was looking for a wife and she fit his criteria. I'm from a culture that still does arranged (semi-arranged bc you do date a bit after being introduced) marriages and honestly this is what weddings are like -- nice and sweet but zero chemistry or heat between the couple bc they hardly know each other and are together bc they come from the right families, right faiths, right backgrounds, and values. It's no comment on the marriages, they tend to do well overall; but it makes for boring "polite" weddings.

What on earth was Brandon thinking with the brown tux?? I know Brandon and Michael wanted some representation of cherry blossom season, but having the girls wear pink was enough. The beige vests and brown ties were nice but brown jacket and pants clashing with black shoes? Looked fairly bad and his tux as ill fitting on top of that.

I gotta say I see the love in this family. The wedding wasn't just another milestone box to check -- they seemed proud and sad and all the emotions that parents have. Even Zach seemed proud and sad that his childhood buddy was moving on to the next step, though his wife has said that he takes all of his sisters' weddings hard and I think he's a bit of the stereotypical older bro -- wanting to make sure his sisters will be ok.

• Love 5

I spent half the show playing "Spot the Duggars" and the other half sobbing. Joy popped up all over the place at the nail salon, during the rehearsal, and at the wedding. She was with Carlin (?) a lot. I spotted Dan Dillard lurking in the shadows as well. Jessa and Ben were in the sanctuary when Gil was rounding everyone up during the rehearsal.

My week was extremely emotional so I blame that on the amount of tears shed during this episode. Michaela bugs me sometimes but I see a lot of myself in her, especially when dealing with her siblings. I am the oldest girl in my family and I got a lot of the responsibility of caring for my siblings growing up. My high school years were spent raising my brother and sister. The Bates children talk about Michaela the way my siblings talk about me, so I completely lost it. You can argue that the amount of responsibility put on her was too much (and it probably was) but that bond she has her siblings is so special.

I don't agree with everything that Gil and Kelly do but they love their children the best way that they know how. They are crazy about Michaela and she's very lucky to have parents who care so much about her. You can hear it in their voices and the words that they choose. Their sentiments are unique to Michaela and you can tell that they think the sun rises and sets on that girl. Their beliefs are a little whacked but every child should be loved that much.

I feel like such a sap! Stupid weddings.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 8

I liked the wedding, too. Michael & Brandon seemed more real about their wedding than other fundie weddings we've seen. (ahem, the Jericks). Michael truly sounded sincere when she commented about the number of people that came to see them marry. I like how Gil got choked up some during the vows & how he kissed Michael on the cheek before the first kiss. We could also see Kelly dabbling at her real tears during ceremony. Besides Gil mentioning that Brandon & Michael kept themselves pure (or something like that) there was none of that Yuk, Yuk, like we got from JB. Of course, the Duggars come across like they were the first family to have their kids remain pure before marriage & have to make a big deal of it. Hopefully JB took note of this is how a wedding should be done.

I would have liked to have seen more of the reception vs the wedding prep, which seemed chaotic at times. Does anyone know what kind of food they had at the reception? Thought it was funny when Gil had to keep calling for his parents several times when they were gathering everyone up. Poor Janey was probably trying to hide somewhere it was quiet.

Going to watch it again to play "Spot the Duggars".

• Love 4

Kelly Bates looked very pretty as well.  Forgot to mention that.  Thought she cleaned up very nicely!

ETA:  I thought you could really see how much Alyssa resembles Kelly when Kelly is all done up. 

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 1

Yeah, I spotted the Duggars several times - and I am very happy to see Boob and Shelly never made screen time.  I'm sure Boob attempted to hijack the cameras more than once.

Wedding was nice - I did get a bit of a chuckle when one of the girls described Michael's taste as "plain and simple" and then immediately said "not that is a bad thing" or something to that effect.  She might as well have just said it - "dull and boring" because IMHO - that describes the wedding party's outfits pretty well.  The dresses were hideous but Michael looked nice.

• Love 2

Gil and Kelly truly love their children. It radiates from them. And the kids love each other. They acted like Michael was dying though. I understand they'll miss her, but she's just moving away.

Makes you wonder how the other children who've married feel with all the crying Micheala is getting - especially Alissa(?)  lol

Really you would have thought Michaela was the first person leaving the house hold by the way people were acting. 

I also noticed during the vows but Gil and Michaela said her name as "Michael" 

I watched 3 or 4 shows last night that made me all teary-eyed!  Stupid shows.... lol

• Love 2

Does anyone know what kind of food they had at the reception?

I am not sure what they served exactly. For some reason I feel like it was bbq chicken or something. I remember them going to the restaurant, and it was said that the owners were the parents of the kids that Michael used to nanny for.

I thought the wedding was nice. I was not a fan of Michael's dress, but it seemed to be what she wanted. I still think Jessa Duggar had my favorite wedding dress of all the fundie weddings. Both Michael and Brandon seem low-key and reserved, but they looked happy. 

I thought the siblings in this family seem to have more normal relationships with each other. They all seemed sad, happy, and excited for Michael. I forgot what Nathan said on the couch in a TH that cracked me up.

I adore Jeb. He does not annoy me like Josie from the Duggars. Judson was funny when he got bored during the wedding ceremony. 

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 2

I thought the siblings in this family seem to have more normal relationships with each other. They all seemed sad, happy, and excited for Michael. I forgot what Nathan said on the couch in a TH that cracked me up.

Something like "you'll miss us but we won't miss you"  lol  whatever it was made me laugh too  - mostly because you don't think something like that would come out of their mouths.

• Love 2

I liked how Gil stopped in his tracks when he saw Michael getting her picture taken on the stairs. It looked like James Duggar who was behind Gil mocking him in true Duggar fashion by saying "Wah, wah" (like a baby crying) when Gil made the comment about it making him cry. No class at all with the Duggars. Why does this not surprise me?

It did look like Jackson Duggar in the gray suit moving from the bottom of the steps when Brandon & Michael came to cut the cake. Just another classless Duggar move & yes, he should know better.

• Love 3

I agree with a lot of the comments above.  I only saw Jana and James, so clearly I wasn't watching closely enough and I was looking for Duggars.  I loved how emotional they all were about Michaela (we now know that it's officially only one "L" because she made the point that it had to be spelled that way).  I thought Kelly looked beautiful.

Carlin definitely can be annoying at times, but I actually thought the emotion she was showing was real.  Callie crying during that one scene just about broke my heart.

Loved Zach talking about Michael being his buddy and I loved how Lawson spoke about how important it was that he perform the song well for his sister's wedding.

All that being said, I thought the emotional scenes that were the least convincing were the ones from Brandon and Michael.  It could totally be that they're both reserved and perhaps shy and they're trying to overcompensate.  However, Brandon always seems (to me) like he's saying what he thinks a fiance/groom/husband should be saying.  Something about it just doesn't ring 100% authentic to me.  And Michael, while I totally believe she is in love with Brandon and happy to be married, always seems to have a slight air of desperation around what she says.  Her eye was on the prize at all times....she basically was saying she didn't care that much about anything as long as they got married.  Did anyone see "Heart of Dixie" -- a movie from the late 80s starring Ally Sheedy, Phoebe Cates, and Virginia Madsen?  (If you haven't, don't!  It's horrible.)  Anyway, they play sorority sisters at an Alabama college in the late 50s and one character is absolutely desperate to get pinned to a fraternity boy, any fraternity boy, because if she's not pinned by the time she graduates, she won't be in a position to get engaged, and if she doesn't get married, her life will definitely be ruined.  I almost get that kind of vibe from Michael -- she picked out Brandon years ago, stuck with it, and basically it had to work out with marriage in the end for her....after investing all that time, I don't think she could bear the thought of starting over with someone else.

I will definitely be rewatching to try to spot the Duggars!    

• Love 2

MMLEsq, I agree with every word of your post. I think Michael had a lot of self-esteem issues growing up. She was sort of awkward and chubby, and it probably didn't help that she had two gorgeous sisters close in age. She turned out to be a very attractive girl, but it can be hard to shake those feelings of inferiority. Gil even said as much when he made the remark about Michael not seeing herself the way the rest of the family saw her.

Lawson and Zach seem like really sweet brothers. I can't imagine Doughboy Duggar giving his sister money to go to college. Nor did he express any true sentiments when his younger sisters got married. Back when Erin was having fertility issues, you could see that it truly pained Zach to see his sister hurting. As whackadoodles as this family is, the siblings do seem to have genuine, authentic friendships.

• Love 9

I agree with everyone here about the genuine love in the Bates family.    

The one thing that annoyed me is Lawson and his never gonna happen singing career.  Well, maybe in fundie land, but not the real world.

Its his straining and trying to have a vibrato in his voice when he does not.    He can sing well enough for family, but there is no talent as far as his voice.

Not a big deal, but it just got on my nerves.

I agree with everyone here about the genuine love in the Bates family.

The one thing that annoyed me is Lawson and his never gonna happen singing career. Well, maybe in fundie land, but not the real world.

Its his straining and trying to have a vibrato in his voice when he does not. He can sing well enough for family, but there is no talent as far as his voice.

Not a big deal, but it just got on my nerves.

Agree. If he wants to sing for fun, fine, so be it, but he's not going to be the next Luke Bryan. It's time to give up the ghost and move on.

• Love 2

Its his straining and trying to have a vibrato in his voice when he does not.    He can sing well enough for family, but there is no talent as far as his voice.

I think in the episode that focused on Lawson in Nashville recording I thought the family was pretty split on Lawson and his singing. I think some thought he sang well, while others kind of politely said he was just okay. If they critiqued him they said it in a tactful way. I forgot what sister said that he writes a lot of songs, so while his type of music is not my cup of tea, maybe he should focus on songwriting.

I can see why Michael and Jana are good friends. They seem to have similar personalities.

• Love 3

I am not a fan of his songs either. I just thought songwriting might be better for him to focus on then singing. What is Lawson's genre of music? Is it a country/religious mashup? If so, I can see his sappy sappy puke sappy lyrics resonating with some people. Not me, but there has to be someone out there who likes his music, right? I haven't watched American Idol in years, but with all the cliche lyrics he could write the coronation songs about rainbows, sunshine, puppies, and unicorns. That is if there are still ridiculous coronation songs. Oh wait, it is the last season. I guess Lawson missed his calling.

Does Lawson still have his lawn business? Maybe he should focus on that instead.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 1

Agreed on Lawson's voice.  And his songwriting makes me cringe, it's so cliched and sappy.  Someone needs to expand his musical horizons by forcing him to listen to Bob Dylan and the Beatles.  

He has posted some Instagram videos of himself singing Johnny Cash and Frank Sinatra covers. I agree that his voice is not the greatest, but it's nice to see a fundie TV family who listens to music beyond just hymns!

• Love 3

He has posted some Instagram videos of himself singing Johnny Cash and Frank Sinatra covers. I agree that his voice is not the greatest, but it's nice to see a fundie TV family who listens to music beyond just hymns!

Wow, that's interesting, especially since neither of those men had squeaky clean backgrounds. It's good to hear he has a somewhat diverse taste in music.

• Love 2

I agree Lawson's music career is tenuous and his voice belongs at family parties and fundie weddings, not in Nashville. BUT I do think it's good that he's allowed to pursue a passion, even though he doesn't necessarily have the approval of all 18 siblings. One of Tori/Carlin/Josie said he's a good song writer and writes tons of songs. Who knows maybe he won't make it is a singer but will sell a couple songs to Nashville one day. Or maybe he won't even do that -- but it's nice that he's able to express sappy feelings and emotions in song. I know a certain other family that likely would not be ok with one of their sons doing that. And in that family it seems like not only the parents but also an older son can "veto" something a younger kid wants to do. Here -- some of his siblings are gung ho supporters, others think he's just ok -- but it doesn't matter. I think Gil and Kelly take the view that this is harmless and he can do what he wants as long as he's making the money to book studio time, take road trips to Nashville etc. And I do think this is sort of an "extended" hobby -- likely extended beyond what he'd normally be doing bc he thinks his family's minor "fame" and TV show probably give him an angle that he's trying to use to stand out a tiny bit in Nashville. But I still have a sense this is a side gig for him. He still has the lawn business, as there was an episode where Trace went shopping with his mom and she was talking to him about what he wants to do after high school and he said he has run Lawson's lawn business when Lawson is out of town for music and he likes that. 

• Love 3

I am not sure what they served exactly. For some reason I feel like it was bbq chicken or something. I remember them going to the restaurant, and it was said that the owners were the parents of the kids that Michael used to nanny for.

It was chicken salad and lemonade from that store that was owned by the people that Michael/Michaela nannied for. There was a quick shot of the sandwiches being taken off a tray and plated, while the reception was being set up. So, the Bates, at least, gave their guests a sandwich and cake, instead of just a tiny cup of root beer float or melted "sundae." Duggar guests not only had to drive a distance, but were probably forced to buy a meal at a restaurant afterwards on their own dime (except the close friends and family invited back to the house for tater tot casserole after Jill's wedding). It wasn't catered, or a sit down meal, but at least the Bates sprung for something other than cheap ice cream and WalMart pop.

Alas, the Bates boys also partake in that moronic tradition of trashing a wedding car. Why is that necessary? I can see decorating a car with streamers and balloons, but why is vandalizing it considered cool? Sticking Limburger cheese in the heat vents? That's not cute or funny. That's vandalizing. Anything that involves rewring, or smearing something smelly on the leather upholstery or trim, is fucking stupid. Unfortunately, the Duggars and Bates boys both think that's fun and funny.

I did see Joy many times. I'm glad she has a friend outside of the TTM.

Although Michael's colors were more plain, I thought that they were nicer than the cheap dresses both Duggar girls went for, and the LOUD blue and pink/coral monstrosities that Alyssa had. I can't remember Erin's.

Okay, how long before we hear that "special announcement" from Michael? When was this wedding? Are they living in Chicago, now?

• Love 3

I hate that they trash the cars. The boys put open sardine cans under the seats of Erin's getaway car. It's like they don't even consider that her dress would've been ruined had any of the fish oil spilled. The whole thing is just so immature.

I will say that whoever decorated Brandon's car did a good job. The hearts on the windows and balloons tied to the back were really cute.

• Love 2

It was chicken salad and lemonade from that store that was owned by the people that Michael/Michaela nannied for. There was a quick shot of the sandwiches being taken off a tray and plated, while the reception was being set up. So, the Bates, at least, gave their guests a sandwich and cake, instead of just a tiny cup of root beer float or melted "sundae." Duggar guests not only had to drive a distance, but were probably forced to buy a meal at a restaurant afterwards on their own dime (except the close friends and family invited back to the house for tater tot casserole after Jill's wedding). It wasn't catered, or a sit down meal, but at least the Bates sprung for something other than cheap ice cream and WalMart pop.

Alas, the Bates boys also partake in that moronic tradition of trashing a wedding car. Why is that necessary? I can see decorating a car with streamers and balloons, but why is vandalizing it considered cool? Sticking Limburger cheese in the heat vents? That's not cute or funny. That's vandalizing. Anything that involves rewring, or smearing something smelly on the leather upholstery or trim, is fucking stupid. Unfortunately, the Duggars and Bates boys both think that's fun and funny.

I did see Joy many times. I'm glad she has a friend outside of the TTM.

Although Michael's colors were more plain, I thought that they were nicer than the cheap dresses both Duggar girls went for, and the LOUD blue and pink/coral monstrosities that Alyssa had. I can't remember Erin's.

Okay, how long before we hear that "special announcement" from Michael? When was this wedding? Are they living in Chicago, now?

Erin's wedding was shades of blue, IIRC. 

Michael was married on 8/15, and still no pregnancy announcement! If she's pregnant, she's newly so, because she admitted on Instagram about two weeks before the Whitney announcement that she wasn't in the puddin' club. One has to wonder how long it took Brandon to get up the nerve to do it? Michael was on him like white on rice, so any possible hesitancy wasn't on her end. 

• Love 7

I think the moment that convinced me Brandon truly loves her and was happy is when they were holding hands on either side of the door before the wedding. The smile on his face was extremely genuine, and then the look on his face when they took her away. I know he acts kind of stiff and people get the impression that he's doing what he thinks he should do, but that moment convinced me that he truly adores her.

And again, she was radiant. Everyone looked very nice and I just love the show of emotions and how obvious the love is in the Bates family.

• Love 7

The moment I saw genuine feeling was when Michaela surprised him in Texas and he told the film crew to go away.  He didn't want to be filmed while he was filled with emotion. 

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 3

I hate that they trash the cars. The boys put open sardine cans under the seats of Erin's getaway car. It's like they don't even consider that her dress would've been ruined had any of the fish oil spilled. The whole thing is just so immature.

I will say that whoever decorated Brandon's car did a good job. The hearts on the windows and balloons tied to the back were really cute.

I seem to remember that JD Duggar took the lead on that one, and the Bates boys happily went along with it.  I lay the mean-spiritness of that prank right on the Duggar clan because that is how they roll.  I would have been furious with them about it and I hope Chad and Erin later gave them hell about it later.

• Love 2

The moment I saw genuine feeling was when Michaela surprised him in Texas and he told the film crew to go away. He didn't want to be filmed while he was filled with emotion.

I can't get a good read on Brandon, but I did soften towards him during the engagement ring shopping scene. In the TH's everyone was saying how Michael was a simple girl and would be happy with anything and Brandon said he didn't want to get her "just anything" when it came to her ring. I thought that was really sweet.

I'll also add that I'm insanely jealous they went to Montana for their honeymoon. I've always wanted to visit that state.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 2

Yes.  It's nice to see real relationships between this group.  Michaela was really sweet to Callie when Callie was crying before the wedding.  It doesn't look forced or out of obligation with these kids like it does with those other 19 kids.  The other 19 don't even know how to comfort one another, while these kids are very familiar and comfortable with expressing emotion and giving comfort. 

Gil's little convo with Jeb about "keeping Michaela home" was sweet. 

Okay. I guess I finally saw that Brandon looks like he returns for Michael in the same way she does him.  He's just terribly awkward and shy.  I'm very happy for Michael.  She seems like a great big sister to have and an overall good kid.  I wish her and Brandon well.

• Love 4

I love Erin and her innuendos about sex.  Michael was too much of a prude to sit in a massaging chair. Lawd!  Was she afraid she would stir up a desire she had been waiting for Brandon to stir up??  I can't even picture the 2 of them being intimate.  Maybe in the dark, with half their clothes on.  Now Erin on the other hand, she loves her massages!

There are still a bunch of Bates kids who need braces. 

Hell, one kid needs a TOOTH!  I think they will fix everyone's teeth in time, aka, as the checks roll in and an orthodontist is willing to trade free services for free TV exposure.

• Love 3

I love Erin and her innuendos about sex.  Michael was too much of a prude to sit in a massaging chair. Lawd!  Was she afraid she would stir up a desire she had been waiting for Brandon to stir up??  I can't even picture the 2 of them being intimate.  Maybe in the dark, with half their clothes on.  Now Erin on the other hand, she loves her massages!

I like Erin too - she says things like other gals her age say, just not spewing the Christian lines. I like how Erin told Michaela that Brandon would notice her mani & pedi on the honeymoon. Then she laughed & said something like there are other things he'll notice too. I liked how she referenced sex with "the Big Shebang" when they were talking about the wedding night. On episode where the couples went to dinner, Erin was telling how awful it was that their get away car was trashed so bad. She said something along the lines of We were just figuring out how to kiss & then had to deal with the car mess. It was funny hearing her say what the rest of us are thinking about the first kiss thing. I liked in that episode too, Carlin & Tori were complaining that they couldn't go on the couples dinner, in true sibling fashion. We never saw that with Duggars on their couples dinner, even tho we knew Jana & Jinger were thinking same thing.

• Love 3

What I think is great about Michael's wedding is that she really understood that it's not about the wedding day, it's about the marriage. Several times she said, no matter what happens, I will marry him and everything will be all right. Too many brides today put too much emphasis on the day. I myself had a small wedding and lots went wrong, including that none of the professional photos turned out. Afterward I was very upset and even spoke to a lawyer about suing (it was totally the photography company's fault). The lawyer was sympathetic, but she told me, "If this is the worst thing that happens to you in your marriage, consider yourself very lucky." And really, she was right. We recently celebrated our 25th anniversary and that "tragedy" was a mere blip. What matters is that I married the right man and that we are still going strong. So, much happiness to the newlyweds.

• Love 11

Excellent!  It would be so awful to start a marriage with a lawsuit.  Good for that lawyer and good for you, and I'm so glad you have a good marriage to this day.

Just rewatched this episode to see the Duggar kid making faces when Gil cried seeing Michaela in the wedding dress.  Since it was only about a tenth of a second long shot, I missed it before.  Not cool, but didn't see enough of it to tick me off.

Her modesty stuff added to the wedding dress ruined the dress.  The dress was fine before, and if needed anything, it should have been very minor.  Instead she got a puffed and pointy bust (worst of both worlds) and a way too wide and poofy kind of shawl/sleeve thing.  Leave well enough alone ladies.  People notice the bad more than the good.  The alterations made the eyes draw to the very areas you are trying to hide. 

Edited by Micks Picks
  • Love 1

I watched the replay of the wedding as well and it annoyed me to see all the Duggars lurking around the rehearsal. It seemed like Joy was the only one helping with wedding prep, so everyone else minus Jana was completely unnecessary. Boob's cheap ass probably crashed it for the free food.

Edited by BitterApple

I watched the replay of the wedding as well and it annoyed me to see all the Duggars lurking around the rehearsal. It seemed like Joy was the only one helping with wedding prep, so everyone else minus Jana was completely unnecessary. Boob's cheap ass probably crashed it for the free food.

Quite a long drive for some chicken salad and a piece of sheet cake.

• Love 1

Quite a long drive for some chicken salad and a piece of sheet cake.

Remember these are the Duggars we are taking about. Compared with melty root beer floats, rice krispie treats & ice cream sundaes, chicken salad sandwiches & accompaniments was a feast. And the possibility of showing up on TV was an added bonus.

• Love 2

Lol, I meant the Duggars probably crashed the rehearsal because the Bateses were hosting a dinner afterward. I can see Boob mooching off that instead of taking his family to a restaurant to eat. By then the show was cancelled, so TLC was no longer footing the bill for travel expenses. If I'm not mistaken they were invited to the actual wedding.

• Love 2