Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E14: The Meemaw Materialization

I wasn't feeling Meemaw for some reason.

But I loved the new love interest for Raj.  They have the chemistry that is utterly lacking with Emily.  Please keep her!  

Agreed. Meemaw was babying Sheldon way too much, and nasty. Also liked the new girl!

I wouldn't really call June Squibb( MeeMaw) an " unknown." She was nominated for an Academy Award back in 2013 and has had a long career.

Correction:  Unknown to me.  I looked at her IMDB page and - while distinguished - the only thing I have seen beyond BBT would have been Castle, so you are correct.  I knew there was a great deal of television I had not seen, but this was an eye opener.  Forgive me if I offended.

• Love 1

The whole story was far too hurried and it didn't really give her a chance to do anything but quickly hit the beats and get on with the plot. Like others have said, a visit that lasted at least one more episode probably would have helped establish the character.

I just caught the rerun and ITA with the italicized. Just when Amy and Memaw were starting to get the beginnings of understanding, we have to have chicken Sheldon come in and be prompted to be a grown up, i.e., stand up for the woman who he wanted back in his life. Also, so show his situational cluelessness/ naivete. Instead of the writers just letting us have a nice moment of recognition and peace.

Then to also have Amy/ Mayim's physical business after the okay on the ring to look paw-esque, like a puppy, to me. The writers must think that's still a funny beat for Amy, but it's not for me. Granted, it's a family piece of jewelry, but it's not like a tiara.  Iirc, Amy hadn't seen the ring, so why is she suddenly so hyped? Ahhh, I forgot; Amy's still desperate even after The Sex. ::smh::

It could have been interesting to see how the group liked Memaw  in a different way from liking Mary.  Unfortunately, thinking about this just now, I have a fear, just not about Memaw. If Memaw, Mary and Missy ( Sheldon's twin sister) are such strong-willed women, what is going to happen with Amy? Or will we be lucky and along with the M-chain swerving, we get Amy to stay as she is and avoid a potential retread of Bernadette's morphing into a bullying shrew?  Granted, Bernie seems to have mellowed, but I'm not sure I trust the writers.

I enjoyed June Squibb, though, and enjoyed her Kleenex sleeve. I hope we get to see her again.

I am unsure what I should feel about Raj's storyline. On the one hand, I really don't have an opinion about Emily, but I haven't been too impressed. Then again, we barely saw her in the season that had her bumped up to "regular".  I like Alessandra Torresani, though, and enjoyed Claire's 'whatever, dude' reaction to Raj's call. She just wanted to talk about science, yet he's ditched his current SO and working hard at trying to establish something. He tunes Claire out to fantasize about a future that she may want no part of, yet we are supposed to find that funny, not regressive and creepy. Yes, Raj has been portrayed as a creep previously. Then again, so has Howard, yet Howard has been allowed to grow out of that as a defining trait. Please let Raj do that too, Show.  Especially as Raj fantasizes about married life with children, yet still hasn't told Emily about Claire! The hell?