Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
maraleia

Law & Order: SVU in the Media

On 8/22/2019 at 10:56 PM, SuzieQ said:

Don't know where to post this, but thought it was funny!

lawn order.jpg

That's an area code in Alabama. 😄

25 minutes ago, illdoc said:

I think Stabler will probably make a cameo towards the end of the shows run, I personally don’t really care one way or the other, I never cared for Stabler. I want to see Cragen and or Munch again!! I think they should announce the final season in advance so that they can have plenty of time to get people to return for appearances and give the show a good wrap up. But I don’t trust the showrunners to do anything right, the show is a disaster now. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I think they should announce the final season in advance so that they can have plenty of time to get people to return for appearances and give the show a good wrap up. But I don’t trust the showrunners to do anything right, the show is a disaster now. 

Yeah as both @WendyCR72 and I mentioned when they announced Season 21 it would have been nice if NBC announced that it would be the final season and gave us a celebration of the show the franchise and it's history (building on one of the good things Chernuchin did during his run) but unfortunately they didn't. It's not going to come from Dick Wolf - he has never willingly given up on a show in his life, no matter what. Hopefully the declining ratings will force the issue and the NBC pinheads will find the courage to tell him that they have made things right for stupidly cancelling the mothership and shown their gratitude for keeping NBC in the scripted drama business for those 5 years or so, but now is the time to end with a modicum of dignity. Especially since that the decision to end it and try to go out strong would probably be the single biggest thing they could do to improve quality and give the show some sense of direction.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Fellaway said:

20 Surprising Secrets about Law & Order: SVU Revealed

I don't think there's anything here that's really all that surprising to we die-hards.  On the other hand, the author might be surprised to learn not everyone was devastated when Stabler left.

Yeah and most of the die hard shippers that were most disappointed seem to have gotten over it and become Benson stans. I'm actually more disappointed in retrospect than I was at the time. Back then I thought that it might shake things up a bit and that they seemed to have gone as far as as they could with Stabler and Benson had more unexplored potential. I know, I know, but I was young and naive. In retrospect it was a devastating loss - by losing the co-lead the show became a star vehicle instead of an ensemble and the show never really found it's way after that, as by the time they dropped the idea of really replacing Meloni and figured out how to tell compelling stories again towards the end of Leight's run it was already becoming the Benson hour. TBH I was far more disappointed when Munch left as I had no hope he could be replaced and it was clear what the consequences would be.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, balmz said:

Yikes what a train wreck. Diane Neal is apparently difficult to work with, I remember her getting fired from NCIS because she picked a fight with the producers, it isn’t surprising there is drama surrounding her here. 

I also wonder about Hargitay and what people at SVU really think of her, the whole “MH is so wonderful” routine that some of the SVU people have done seems really over the top. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dttruman said:

Found this article oabout controversial characters on SVU. I think the writer here isn't too objective.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/law-order-svu-controversial-fan-opinions.html/

Thanks for letting me know through this article that Rollins and Carisi are on fire with all that chemistry they have together.  I guess I've been watching wrong all this time.  😄 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

59 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

Thanks for letting me know through this article that Rollins and Carisi are on fire with all that chemistry they have together.  I guess I've been watching wrong all this time.  😄 

I honestly do think they have great chemistry. Or at least they did before the writers decided that the way to capitalize on that on screen chemistry was to write them like a couple of not particularly mature middle school students. Which has turned that chemistry on fire although it is of the dumpster variety...

• Laugh 1

13 minutes ago, wknt3 said:

I honestly do think they have great chemistry. Or at least they did before the writers decided that the way to capitalize on that on screen chemistry was to write them like a couple of not particularly mature middle school students. Which has turned that chemistry on fire although it is of the dumpster variety...

I agree that when they were just detectives doing their jobs and partners they had a nice chemistry together.  Just not the roll-in-the-hay or wine-and-roses kind of chemistry.

I disagree, I never saw all that much chemistry between Rollins/Carisi. I find it incredibly forced how they are trying to create chemistry between Rollins/Carisi and I hope they never put them together. I really can’t stand Rollins and think she just drags down the show.

• Like 2