Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Backwards In Heels

• Start Topic

If Yo can climb all those lemon grove stairs to give Gigi and the non-Gigi's s her will, she can stroll down to the beach from her house. 

Yo may have said, "I haven't walked in 9 months,"  but I think she meant 9 minutes, but that wouldn't elicit any sympathy.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 18

Lisa Rinna is looking scrawny to me. I do not like Kathryn or her husband. They are trying so hard for the cameras and she comes across as manly to me. Something about how she speaks. I am SO tired of seeing Yolanda with zero makeup. Omg. Put a little concealer on and some lip color. I wouldn't be surprised if she is trying to enhance the dark circles under her eyes. She is wanting way, way too much pity. I am over her.

I still like Erika. Kyle definitely needed to size up that corset. It looked painfully uncomfortable. And I absolutely loathe Faye.

• Love 8

Regarding Taylor's bizarre costume, maybe she confused Moulin Rouge with Poe's "The Murders in the Rue Morgue"??

Yes I am aware I am reaching here.........

Morgue... Rouge... easy mistake to make...
  • Love 4

Lisa Rinna is looking scrawny to me. I do not like Kathryn or her husband. They are trying so hard for the cameras and she comes across as manly to me. Something about how she speaks. I am SO tired of seeing Yolanda with zero makeup. Omg. Put a little concealer on and some lip color. I wouldn't be surprised if she is trying to enhance the dark circles under her eyes. She is wanting way, way too much pity. I am over her.

I still like Erika. Kyle definitely needed to size up that corset. It looked painfully uncomfortable. And I absolutely loathe Faye.

Seriously, it takes what?  Like 2 minutes to put a little makeup on.  She's playing this sick thing for all it's worth.  Ms, Fuckin' Drama Queen, will ya give up on this bullshit already?  No wonder the king had enough.

I like Erika too, but sheesh, that baby stripper voice is really getting on my nerves.  I think she's so used to doing it cuz it gets the old man going, maybe she just can't help herself.  I hate phony baby stripper voices.  ARG!!!

Something about Kathryn I don't dig.  She's way too hard-edged for me.  The husband hasn't said enough for me to pass judgement on him one way or another.  He is nice to look at & supposedly he is someone who does a lot for charities so that should be kept in mind about him.  Anyhoo, Kathryn was totally right about what she said about Faye & her right to say it wherever.  

Ah, I was waiting for it to happen -- cuz I knew it would.  It takes a little time, but EVERY season it ALWAYS predictably happens.  Kyle starts out OK  . . . and then Mean Girl Kyle pops out in FULL FORCE.  Ah, and just when she's "protecting" her palsy-walsy Faye.  OK, Kyle, so you invite me to your party & that means I have to think exactly as you do?  

Hey, FUCK YOU, MEAN GIRL KYLE!  Faye is a disgusting slimy asshole, and get used to people thinking that & even saying it to your face, hun!

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 13

I got a giggle out of LisaR and Camille greeting each other at the party.  "You look fabulous!"  "No, YOU look fabulous!!!"  "No, but look at your legs!!!"   "Please -- your arms are a-MAY-zing!!"   (paraphrasing)

That's the stuff I enjoy on these shows.  Not the I-said-she-said-you-said-no-I-didn't-say-that-let's-have-a-sit-down-and-rehash-all-this-same-stuff-again crap.

• Love 10

I just read Lisa V's blog, she says Faye's orangness (heee) always conjures up the image of an orangutan. I have feeling she calls Faye that often. Kyle was pissed as soon as she heard orangutan.

I can't stand the way kyle keeps referring to Kathryn as the new girl. Not that Kathryn isn't new to the group, but it's the way kyle says it, very high school mean girl.

• Love 9

What Erika left out while ruminating over no longer having a home at the beach, is they used the proceeds of the sale of said beach house to pay off $10 million in delinquent taxes.  Now let's go look at her house with a chapel.  

• Love 20

I actually think that LisaR has been terrified and feeding this fire because she made the mistake of engaging with Taylor back at Ken's B-day.  So LisaR gossips with Taylor and ends up in a position where the producers have a former housewife who will get invited to a party just to launch this storyline and will have zero qualms about doing so.  There was never avoiding it coming out.  But LisaR has spent the last couple episodes taking two approaches 1) putting forth that Yolanda isn't really as ill as she says she is and 2) dragging everyone into the speculation, so now she isn't the only guilty party.  Not a bad strategy if you make the mistake of giving Taylor ammo.  

I've been wondering if the unnamed person LisaR keeps referring to is Taylor.  She keeps mentioning the selfies and Instagram pics and Taylor specifically brought that up at LisaV's lunch.  

Ugh, and there was Taylor, thirstily desperate and insane-looking as always, dressed like some crazed performer straight out of "American Horror Story"...she was so damned determined to butt her way into every conversation filmed on screen, wasn't she? Good Lord, I hope she *never* worms her way back onto this show...speaking of someone I wouldn't mind seeing on here again, I wonder where Camille Grammer was??

Camille was there dancing it up Club MTV style! 

Am I the only one who thinks Katheryn's dislike of Faye runs much deeper than what Faye wrote about her in a book two decades ago? I feel like at least part of her dislike involves Marcus Allen, but because Katheryn and Marcus have been divorced for several years now, Katheryn probably doesn't want to talk about him on camera.

I agree with you.  I wonder if it is true that Kathryn knew of Marcus's wandering penis and decided to look the other way.  You know, in a "don't be obvious about it and I won't give you any grief" kind of way.  The problem is that TMCFR writes a book where she explicitly talks about it and now everyone knows.  And, yes, I know that she was just repeating what Kris J. allegedly said, but she put it in writing for the world to read.  Plus I bet there's a lot more to this than we will ever know. Anyway, I totally get where Kathryn is coming from.  Where she's losing me is that she never actually read the book.  

My question is--how and why is Kathryn on the show? I'm really trying to puzzle this out.  Usually a new HW is introduced as a friend of someone. Didn't she just show up at LisaV's fundraiser and then run into LisaR whom she knew?  I never got that they were friends - just acquaintances. So is that supposed to be her intro to the show - friend of Rinna? And what's her purpose? To stir up drama with TMCFR? Is Bravo wanting to make her a HW? All of this seems so weird. Am I making sense? Maybe the whole People vs. OJ mini-series is making things extra strange to me. It seems too coincidental. 

• Love 4

I'm thinking Kathryn is being more than a wee bit slippery here.  She's putting ALL the blame on Faye for shining a bright spotlight on her & Marcus.  Not so fast, Kathryn.  True, Faye is a slimy creep.  Her personality stinks.  I don't care how much Kyle speaks up for her & protects her.  She sucks.  BUT I suspect Kathryn was being cagey here.  We are not getting the whole story from her.  Not by a long shot.  And from the creepy smile on Faye's mug last ep, I suspect Faye knows way more that she may not have said.  Kathryn's probably better off to just keep her trap shut & play nice & smooch up to Kyle & back away from Faye.  

For me, it's more than merely being turned off to her personality.  Faye strikes me as a sinister & dangerous character -- one who knows where all the bodies are buried & one who you would def NOT want to know your secrets.  And just why Kyle is so palsy-walsy with her, I'd like to know.  Maybe there's nothing sinister to it -- or maybe there is.

• Love 7

All of these women are obnoxious is some way - mean girl tactics, gossipmongering, narcissism, holier-than-thou speeches, look-at-me displays, all kinds of competitive crap - there wouldn't be a show if they weren't. But on my walk this morning I thought about whether I'd want to spend time with any of these people, and tried to come up with one thing that would be fun to do with each of them (except Kathryn; don't know enough about her yet). Here's what I came up with:

- Attend a garden party at Lisa V's

- Travel with Kyle

- Be in a book club with Eileen

- Do yoga with Lisa R

- Walk on the beach with Yo

- Go to a karaoke bar with Erika

Turns out it wasn't so hard after all!

Your turn...

Attend any of Lisa V's or Kyle's parties

Drinks with Lisa R or Erika

Tour the soap studio with Eileen

Confront Yo with a list and proof of her lies

Fun!

• Love 4

I have to start out by saying, If Lisa V ever EVER brings back Carlton, I will track her down and throttle her until all her diamonds fall off! Just. No. 

Funny story! My spin class is literally across the street from her husband's office. I was walking past and caught her photo on his desk. It was terrifying. I had almost entirely blocked out her season until I saw that. Please, no repeats. Ever.

Anyway, they say the enemy of my enemy is my friend, but for the life of me I don't care for Faye nor Kathryn. In fact, Faye is starting to look a little better by comparison. I find Kathryn's affectation so grating. She owns two homes in Southern California, I don't buy the "I'll shank a bitch" vibe and I don't care for her correcting Erika's use of the c-word. Maybe it's because I'm not American, so it doesn't bother me. But Erika said it to prove a point and Kathryn immediately negated it by saying "you're too pretty to use that word." Kathryn and her bullshit can kindly fuck off.

I think Yolanda could benefit from Bethenney's Business Seminar to get her Instagram posts on brand. My mom suffered from a debilitating chronic illness for 20 years (most of my life) so I get that her Lyme Disease is complicated and there are good days and bad. But Yolanda isn't my mom and I don't have to sympathize for her. The holier than thou attitude makes me roll my eyes every time. For someone who wants to be the face of "limes" she doesn't do much to educate the public. In fact, it's quite the opposite. I think I might feel differently if she actually ate food instead of lemon water and supplements but alas...

Kyle and Lisa, I will love them both until the end. They run this show and it's incomplete without them. In real life I would be annoyed with the drama, but they know how to play the Bravo game and keep the paychecks coming. I also find it hilarious that they celebrate everything together. What are the chances that their wedding anniversaries and both husbands' birthdays always coincide? I can't wait for the joint grandchildren's christenings.

• Love 9

Kathryn's husband is a cool drink of water.

There's not enough husbands this season.   I really enjoy when the ho's get together with their spouses.  The husbands as a rule don't give a fuck and that attitude is sorely missing this season.   Example:  Ken chowing down on his corn on the cob at the Hampton dinner.  Nobody else ate a thing that I could see.  Maybe a delicate bite of deshelled lobster.  But Ken went for it.   It's been the only giggle I've gotten so far this season.   Everybody with the possible exception of LisaV seems to be on their best behavior which is boring! 

• Love 4

I think LisaR looked really good with her hair the way it was at the party. 

That's all I have 

I liked her hair that way too.  Sheesh, anything other than that tired 'do she's had for a billion years makes for a nice change.  So she's blaming Harry for stickin' to that 'do?  Yeah, I call bullshit on that one, hun.  Um, so Harry won't fuck ya unless you got short hair?  Really?  Er, and what was that secret Kim wanted to share about Harry that got your dander up so much, sweetie?

Well, but then again, Pump never changes her hair either.  At least Kyle tries minor changes.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

There's not enough husbands this season.   I really enjoy when the ho's get together with their spouses.  The husbands as a rule don't give a fuck and that attitude is sorely missing this season.   Example:  Ken chowing down on his corn on the cob at the Hampton dinner.  Nobody else ate a thing that I could see.  Maybe a delicate bite of deshelled lobster.  But Ken went for it.   It's been the only giggle I've gotten so far this season.   Everybody with the possible exception of LisaV seems to be on their best behavior which is boring! 

I got a giggle out of Mauricio cursing in the car when he and Alexia got lost in Italy.

But he and Kyle were not amusing during this anniversary party, especially when she was climbing on him on the dance floor.  Keep it in your pants, Kyle, you'll be home soon.

• Love 7

Erica's lip color was on point at the party. That's all I got. I kind of love her.

I'm breaking one of my rules of reading through all posts before posting......

The lip color was a nice color BUT the lip liner (lower lip, left side) was crooked and it was driving me crazy.  

• Love 3

Ah, I was waiting for it to happen -- cuz I knew it would.  It takes a little time, but EVERY season it ALWAYS predictably happens.  Kyle starts out OK  . . . and then Mean Girl Kyle pops out in FULL FORCE.  Ah, and just when she's "protecting" her palsy-walsy Faye.  OK, Kyle, so you invite me to your party & that means I have to think exactly as you do?  

Hey, FUCK YOU, MEAN GIRL KYLE!  Faye is a disgusting slimy asshole, and get used to people thinking that & even saying it to your face, hun!

Standing ovation!!!!!!!

• Love 7

But on my walk this morning I thought about whether I'd want to spend time with any of these people, and tried to come up with one thing that would be fun to do with each of them (except Kathryn; don't know enough about her yet). Here's what I came up with:

- Travel with Kyle

- Do yoga with Lisa R

Your turn...

I'd like to go to the San Diego Zoo with Lisa V. She loves animals and I'd love to know what sort of comments she'd make overall.

With Kyle, I think it would be fun to go to a museum. Maybe the Getty or Getty Villa. She and Eileen IIRC are the only HWs to date on the show who have ever expressed interest in going to a museum so they got points with me for that. 

With Eileen I'd like to go on a CBS tour or maybe go with her to a Y&R or Days party or something like that. I like the book club idea too.

Lisa R, I'd just like to go out with and ask her a bunch of inappropriate questions about her castmates. I feel like she'd deliver. 

I'd want Yolanda to drop me off at Mohammed's or Gigi's or basically anywhere where I'd be able to be away from her. I can't imagine spending time with her where it would actually be fun. Not when it comes to the frame of mind that she's in. A person can't even have a milkshake with that woman without being called greedy. I feel like she's the type of person who would think she was doing you a favor by agreeing to hang out. 

I definitely like the karaoke idea with Erika. If not that then I'd want to go shopping with her and have her create an Avaleigh Jayne look for fun. 

ETA:

I'd want to watch American Crime Story with Faye to see what sort of comments she'd have. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 6

Just because I reread the comment I made about Mauricio I wanted to add this. Mauricio's looks to me are like borderline odd looking but with the possibility of sexy. I can see where he could be in the running for the Adrian Brody, Jeff Goldbloom kind of sexy but his features are just too much and push him into Steven Wright, Christopher Lloyd weird looking territory for me no matter how promising some of his other features are it just doesn't gel for me. Adrian Brody and his obvious imperfections still do it for me and well Jeff Goldblum has had some real sexy sexy moments, roles and on top of that, the BOD...  Yum!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2
I've been wondering if the unnamed person LisaR keeps referring to is Taylor.  She keeps mentioning the selfies and Instagram pics and Taylor specifically brought that up at LisaV's lunch.

She said on WWHL that it was her female hairdresser. But I can't help but wonder if she's covering for Taylor. 

• Love 9

What is with Yolanda and the scarfs. I mean, I love a scarf as much as the next girl, but she looks like  she has a curtain draped across her. It's  not a blanket, right?

Pretty sure she's still in bandages from the surgery, the loose over-tops would not only be more comfortable, they help hide that.

• Love 10

The whole beach thing with Yolanda and Erika was faked, as Yolanda is living in the apartment now, right? It's somewhere in Beverly Hills, not in Malibu within walking distance of the beach. I mean, that's where LisaR came to see her at.... the apartment.

• Love 6

I do think it's significant that Kyle and Faye became acquainted in 1994. I wonder if it was before June or after. My gut says after and that Kyle came into contact via Kathy because of the gatherings that Kathy and Rick would have to discuss the OJ situation.

Since I'm going all in on these women in this episode--

I agree that Kyle seemed tipsy in this episode. Every time she brought up how what Faye did was 20 plus years ago it irritated me because she's essentially agreeing that Faye did indeed do something that she probably shouldn't have done years ago but that it should be ignored because time has passed. 

I also just want to take Kyle back to the way that she's treated people when she's hosted a party or when she's been a guest--like the first time she hosted a party where Brandi attended and she did nothing but mock her. Does Kyle honestly think people don't remember stuff like this? I guess because time has passed people are just supposed to forget these things. 

Kyle also refused to acknowledge that Faye cashed in on the murder of her so-called best friend. To me, it feels like Kyle is refusing to accept that because she doesn't like the idea of being friends with somebody who would treat another friend that way. 

This doesn't mean I don't like Kyle, I do. She's probably my favorite housewife on this show but I can't pretend that I'm not seeing this shit. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 16

Dressing up for the Moulin Rouge party was really hokey. I thought most of them looked ridiculous, garish. Downright scary looking -  like carnies. They made Sonja's schtick seem classy.  Another silly formulaic Housewives get together contrivance. It really wasn't a Moulin Rouge party, no decor and other MR party enhancements. Just the HW's sitting around in uncomfortable red and black bustiers. Oh gee, what fun.

So not good: the long camera shot with Lisa V. walking out her front gate to get into limo. Just no.

I think Taylor thought the party theme was "Beetlejuice".

• Love 9

The whole beach thing with Yolanda and Erika was faked, as Yolanda is living in the apartment now, right? It's somewhere in Beverly Hills, not in Malibu within walking distance of the beach. I mean, that's where LisaR came to see her at.... the apartment.

There was a scene with Yo and David and the Girardis at the Malibu house too. They must've had it on the market but still used it sometimes, especially for filming.
  • Love 1

I got a creepy Mommy vibe between Katherine and her husband in the oatmeal making scene. Shudder. Weird. Go away, you don't bring it. 

OMG, YES! He has a mommy complex.  And she's all proud of herself for bagging a younger man.  Meanwhile, I think with all the fillers in her face, she looks a good 20 years older than him.

• Love 6

My thoughts this episode:

It's too bad that by the time you have enough money to throw a Moulin Rouge party, you are probably too old to be wearing that type of costume. The costumes just made everyone look like grannies or mental

Yolanda does not care about Lisa Rinna nor was following the Munchhausen discussion at all

I don't think LisaR really liked Erika's house. And I think she was weirded out by the chapel

LisaR sounded like someone  trying to sell on QVC when she was looking at the house, "OH WOW! Just exquisite! Oh YES!" Grappling to come up with nice things to say.

LisaV was pretty funny this episode. Liked how she admitted it was hard to put on her socks. haha

Elieen's husband wanted nothing to do with a group of women. He's like, "Okay, girl talk time!" and zoomed the hell out of there.

Kathryn and her husband didn't seem to enjoy being at the party. She was right about Faye though. Also, KYLE was the one that brought up Faye, and then was "annoyed" that Kathryn started on it. 

Kyle-- why sit down next to two women that you don't like Faye, and immediately bring up Faye? Trouble starter. Kathryn didn't even know Faye was there until you brought it up.

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 8

I've been wondering if the unnamed person LisaR keeps referring to is Taylor.  She keeps mentioning the selfies and Instagram pics and Taylor specifically brought that up at LisaV's lunch.  

I agree with you.  I wonder if it is true that Kathryn knew of Marcus's wandering penis and decided to look the other way.  You know, in a "don't be obvious about it and I won't give you any grief" kind of way.  The problem is that TMCFR writes a book where she explicitly talks about it and now everyone knows.  And, yes, I know that she was just repeating what Kris J. allegedly said, but she put it in writing for the world to read.  Plus I bet there's a lot more to this than we will ever know. Anyway, I totally get where Kathryn is coming from.  Where she's losing me is that she never actually read the book.  

Athletes are positively the worst in being faithful.  They have unlimited amounts of women that throw themselves at them and have plenty of travel where they can get away with cheating.  I'm sure most of the athletes wives are well aware of their penchant for infidelity and do tend to turn a blind eye to them because they love everything that comes with being an athlete's wife.  Hell, Kathryn's married two football players.  I bet that she rarely dated anyone that wasn't an athlete.

• Love 1

She said on WWHL that it was her female hairdresser. But I can't help but wonder if she's covering for Taylor. 

I dunno, that'd be really risky.  Why burn a bridge with the people responsible for making you look good in an industry all about that?

But, no one has claimed that Yolanda isn't ill, at all. They have all expressed concern that there is or may be something else at play other then LD. So......Erika isn't telling Yolanda the whole truth IMO, NOT at all.

I wish this were a bigger point, because, all snark aside, I feel like the conflict on this issue isn't really that Yolanda is lying (aside from the m-word conversation that came from and led to nothing), it's that she's wrong, and for whatever reason, as smart as she wants me to believe she is, she's refusing to be wrong even as she rips out busted implants and says that makes her feel better.  I dunno, I'm ready to move forward, as they say in the Hills.  Although I don't know where you go for drama from here.

On another note, watching Kyle defend Faye makes me understand Kim's problems with her.  She wasn't like that when there were conversations about Kim, even her "let's not talk about it" comments are pretty mild.  Maybe she was overacting or drunk or whatever, but I'd kind of be pissed to see my sister go off like that for a friend and not me.

• Love 8

Seriously, it takes what?  Like 2 minutes to put a little makeup on.  She's playing this sick thing for all it's worth.  Ms, Fuckin' Drama Queen, will ya give up on this bullshit already?  No wonder the king had enough.

AMEN.  

I think soon after he and Yolanda married, David tired of the fawning and her incessant need for love letters.  I'm convinced she thought her lyme disease and all of her other possible illnesses would keep him around.  I'm convinced that after this show ends, we'll be seeing Yo make do a 360 degree turn.  She'll be cured and suddenly she'll have make-up on, dress to the nines and find herself another wealthy man who enjoys talking about dating a former model.

• Love 10

All of these women are obnoxious is some way - mean girl tactics, gossipmongering, narcissism, holier-than-thou speeches, look-at-me displays, all kinds of competitive crap - there wouldn't be a show if they weren't. But on my walk this morning I thought about whether I'd want to spend time with any of these people, and tried to come up with one thing that would be fun to do with each of them (except Kathryn; don't know enough about her yet). Here's what I came up with:

- Travel with Kyle

- Do yoga with Lisa R

Your turn...

Take Lisa V on a Naked and Afraid trip

Go with Erica to the pound to pat some real pussy.

Go with Yo to a real doctor appointment

Take Kyle to shop at Goodwill

Take LisaR to see Dr Terry from Botched

Leave Eileen alone in a room.

• Love 4

I dunno, that'd be really risky. Why burn a bridge with the people responsible for making you look good in an industry all about that?

I wish this were a bigger point, because, all snark aside, I feel like the conflict on this issue isn't really that Yolanda is lying (aside from the m-word conversation that came from and led to nothing), it's that she's wrong, and for whatever reason, as smart as she wants me to believe she is, she's refusing to be wrong even as she rips out busted implants and says that makes her feel better. I dunno, I'm ready to move forward, as they say in the Hills. Although I don't know where you go for drama from here.

On another note, watching Kyle defend Faye makes me understand Kim's problems with her. She wasn't like that when there were conversations about Kim, even her "let's not talk about it" comments are pretty mild. Maybe she was overacting or drunk or whatever, but I'd kind of be pissed to see my sister go off like that for a friend and not me.

This is a really excellent thought. I can't stand Kim and sided with Kyle often over Kim. Both women annoyed me at times, but I definitely felt for Kyle having to deal with Kim and Kathy. But you're right. I never saw that kind of blind fierce loyalty for Kim. Maybe loyalty is the wrong word. She was loyal to Kim but you never heard the base in her voice saying "look, stop talking about my sister! I won't entertain any talk about her or flaws and mistakes she's made, so drop it, now!"

There was a lot of sheepish looks and shrugs.

Very interesting.

I also agree, I don't believe Lisa R about her hair person. She made a point on WWHL to say it was her female hair person. Andy even said, "wow very specific" .

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 7

If Yo can climb all those lemon grove stairs to give Gigi and the non-Gigi's s her will, she can stroll down to the beach from her house. 

Yo may have said, "I haven't walked in 9 months,"  but I think she meant 9 minutes, but that wouldn't elicit any sympathy.

Yo's house was on the east side of PCH - she would have had to cross the street - That entails pushing the button for the pedestrian light to change, Erica could have done that for her? Ya know, to help her out?

• Love 5

This is a really excellent thought. I can't stand Kim and sided with Kyle often over Kim. Both women annoyed me at times, but I definitely felt for Kyle having to deal with Kim and Kathy. But you're right. I never saw that kind of blind fearce loyalty for Kim. Maybe loyalty is the wrong word. She was loyal to Kim but you never heard the base in her voice saying "look, stop talking about my sister! I won't entertain any talk about her or flaws and mistakes she's made, so drop it, now!"

There was a lot of sheepish looks and shrugs.

Very interesting.

I also agree, I don't believe Lisa R about her hair person. She made a point on WWHL to say it was her female hair person. Andy even said, "wow very specific" .

Well, she did get that way with Brandi, season 3 at Dana's party, but other than that, NOPE.

• Love 4
I liked her hair that way too.  Sheesh, anything other than that tired 'do she's had for a billion years makes for a nice change.  So she's blaming Harry for stickin' to that 'do?

While I personally believe you should wear what you like, hairwise, clothes, wise, makeupwise, etc., I just wanted to say that I recently rewatched Melrose Place (no, I don't even know why!) and you are 100% correctamundo about that billion years!

• Love 3

I actually think that LisaR has been terrified and feeding this fire because she made the mistake of engaging with Taylor back at Ken's B-day.  So LisaR gossips with Taylor and ends up in a position where the producers have a former housewife who will get invited to a party just to launch this storyline and will have zero qualms about doing so.  There was never avoiding it coming out.  But LisaR has spent the last couple episodes taking two approaches 1) putting forth that Yolanda isn't really as ill as she says she is and 2) dragging everyone into the speculation, so now she isn't the only guilty party.  Not a bad strategy if you make the mistake of giving Taylor ammo.  

I agree - she is desperate, desperate, desperate to keep this gig.   She knows that after this ends, there's probably not anything promising until she can land a commercial for a product that masks those ever-embarassing sharts, or something along those lines.   This whole Yolanda thing has just made me lose so much respect for her.  She lights fires and then stands back and thinks people are going to buy it while she goes on and on about what a shame and a pity it is that those fires are burning in the first place.  Nice try, Billie!  Mother Teresa you are not...

I used to like her, during her pre-Joker days.  I just am not a fan anymore, and I'm a little bummed by it.  She's such a kiss-ass to anyone and everyone, both cast members and others who come on the show - she tries to act like they're best friends.  It's so transparent.   Between that and watching her face contort during all of her fake laughter (when there's not a damn thing to laugh about), I'm cringing during 95% of her screen time.   

Yolanda is another story altogether, on which I won't even start.  I was behind her for a long time there, but I eventually gave up.  What Mohammed "supports" when it comes to his ex-wife is her effort to land some kind of gig for her kids, and I'm sure that's about it.  

• Love 4

I don't understand why, with all their money, and access to a few restaurants, Kyle and Lisa would choose to hold this party at an unknown, dark location. I understand Lisa may not want to have a sleazy themed party at SUR, PUMP maybe, but even there, seeing her dressed in that trashy getup would alter her employees level of respect. However, Both ladies have yards that are well suited to host parties, and then we would get a dose of the ever entertaining Kevin. I'm thinking having it at this little venue made it look like there were many more people,than were actually there. Regardless, a stupid theme for a party.

As for Mauricio and Kyle, their PDA's reminded me of the saying "Me thinks thou douth protest too much." as used when a guilty person insists they didn't do something. Kyle talks a big game about how special their marriage is because it's been 20 years, yet her pawing, fawning, and generally acting like an adolescent in heat reminds me that she feels anything but secure with Mauricio's attention. It was as though she's putting on an act.

• Love 13

While I personally believe you should wear what you like, hairwise, clothes, wise, makeupwise, etc., I just wanted to say that I recently rewatched Melrose Place (no, I don't even know why!) and you are 100% correctamundo about that billion years!

You know, I have no shade for LisaR's hair. I think that if you find a style that works for you and you know exactly how it is going to look on you and the different ways you can change it up and still have it work, you should be jumping for joy. It just seems like one less thing to have to worry about to me. And the fact is that Lisa's hairstyle is as much of a calling card as her lips are. I mean doesn't Rachel Welch have a Lisa Rinna do in her wig line? I say keep hustling that 'do. It works for her and is instantly recognizable. 

• Love 14

I'm no one to talk--over the years, I've found that that standard long layers work for me; other than straightening it when I dry it, I don't have to do much (I am not gifted or even that interested in hairstyling...and I am also not gifted with cooperative hair, and that's a real understatement). As long as it's long enough to get into a ponytail or one of those poof-knot combos, I'm good. I was just a bit amazed at the fact that hers has not changed since that show (though it was a bit darker then).

I don't understand why, with all their money, and access to a few restaurants, Kyle and Lisa would choose to hold this party at an unknown, dark location. I understand Lisa may not want to have a sleazy themed party at SUR, PUMP maybe, but even there, seeing her dressed in that trashy getup would alter her employees level of respect. However, Both ladies have yards that are well suited to host parties, and then we would get a dose of the ever entertaining Kevin. I'm thinking having it at this little venue made it look like there were many more people,than were actually there. Regardless, a stupid theme for a party.

As for Mauricio and Kyle, their PDA's reminded me of the saying "Me thinks thou douth protest too much." as used when a guilty person insists they didn't do something. Kyle talks a big game about how special their marriage is because it's been 20 years, yet her pawing, fawning, and generally acting like an adolescent in heat reminds me that she feels anything but secure with Mauricio's attention. It was as though she's putting on an act.

Maybe they didn't want to bother with hosting it at their own homes? I don't see anything wrong with that place or why they held the party there; they liked it so they booked it--no mystery there. Maybe the decor fit the theme's timeframe (am I overthinking?). And judging by Vanderpump Rules, I'd be surprised if Lisa has many qualms about her places being a venue for trashiness.

And the "big game" talk seems to be in talking heads, no? She's answering direct questions. Lisa V. answered hers almost the same way. I don't see Kyle acting like she's "in heat" at all, much less "pawing" and "fawning." Maybe she just makes sure on camera to be shown only being positive about her husband and marriage, but I'd hardly call that an act--more like being respectful and keeping issues to herself (if there are any). I do the same in front of people (most people). But don't go by me...I thought the party theme looked fun! I'd do it; I'd do lots of "stupid" themes for a party if it seemed like it would be fun (I still go all out for Halloween in my mid-40s--trashy, bloody, silly, all of it; Halloween is the best holiday!).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 7

Just because I reread the comment I made about Mauricio I wanted to add this. Mauricio's looks to me are like borderline odd looking but with the possibility of sexy. I can see where he could be in the running for the Adrian Brody, Jeff Goldbloom kind of sexy but his features are just too much and push him into Steven Wright, Christopher Lloyd weird looking territory for me no matter how promising some of his other features are it just doesn't gel for me. Adrian Brody and his obvious imperfections still do it for me and well Jeff Goldblum has had some real sexy sexy moments, roles and on top of that, the BOD...  Yum!

Talk about different strokes - I think Mauricio is hot, Hot, HOT!  Though, I am quite partial to that olive skinned/dark hair/Mediterranean look, I think he pulls it off smashingly.  Obviously, YMMV.  :)

One other thing that particularly made me giggle this episode was Taylor of the House of Duck Lipped trying to interject herself into Kyle and Lisa's conversation.  First, Lisa brushed her off without even acknowledging her presence, then the camera angle moved two steps to the right to completely cut her (Taylor) out of the shot.  Silly, thirsty girl.  And while other styles have been mentioned, when I saw her, I thought she had confused Gay 90's with Steampunk or something, but then I realized she probably isn't really familiar with either and just googled something and thought she would look ''cool."  Or "kewwwwwwwwl," as Eric Cartman would say. 

Lisar is admittedly a clumsy shit stirrer, but I will take clumsy over drunk, drugged, and hopelessly stupid (i.e., Brandi, with an "i") every day of the week and twice on Sunday.  Add my JohnHancock to the petition to just stop talking about this human trashbag.  At least I DVR this show so I will be able to FF her upcoming appearance.

ETA: Typos

Edited by SomeJabroni
  • Love 7

The prevailing thought I had while watching is fuck off Faye Resnick and anyone who calls her a great person. 20 years ago, 10 years ago, 1 week ago the disgust still stands. If your "good friend" is murdered and you ink a book before her body is even cold in the grave to out every salacious detail of her life you're scum, period. I saw pictures of a now 30 year old Sydney in the Daily Mail and I felt so bad for her. She's tries to remain out of the spotlight and you have the vultures circling her for ratings/money/clicks. The last thing anyone needed was to have so a called best friend cashing in on a double murder. Being labeled "morally corrupt" is the kindest words about Resnick that were ever uttered. You want to speak out about domestic violence, great. But you know that this murder would cause pain for her kids and family. Why add to it? Why just be another parasite picking at the bones of this woman? If you were a good friend, wouldn't your instinct be to protect the dignity and privacy of this poor slaughtered woman?

I guess with Kyle's logic, if her or Mauricio were to die tomorrow Faye has their blessing to write about them for money. Every sex partner, affair, drug or illicit party would be up for the tell all, no hard feelings, right? Won't little Portia have something nice to remember her parents by. It doesn't surprise me that Kris Jenner is BFF with Faye. That woman sells out her own family 24/7 and prostitutes her teenage daughters to grown ass men. But I thought Kyle held herself up as being better than that. For her to go out of her way to exalt the virtues of Resnick is worthy of disdain.

So go ahead, Kathryn. It's too bad you froze at the dinner and let Faye be a condescending fake. If she's going to attempt to stick her superior smug ass on the show at least make her a little uncomfortable. Love that she ran away from LisaV at the party. Keep running right off my tv screen.

Beautifully said.  Exactly how I feel about Faye Resnick.

• Love 4

I didn't believe LisaR when she was telling the other women that Harry wouldn't have sex with her if she grows her hair out. I think she just likes it short. I don't think there's anything wrong with her wanting it short but I actually think it looks better longer. I liked it pulled back. I thought she looked younger. 

I didn't think that was intended to be taken seriously.   Harry very well may prefer her with short hair, but I doubt she meant that he literally would reject her if it was longer.  Lisa has a big, dramatic personality, and it seemed to me that her comment was similar to if she had said, "I spent so much money!  Harry is going to kill me!".   Of course he wouldn't really kill her.  I hear people say that kind of thing all the time, so I didn't think she meant that he literally wouldn't have sex with her.  Just that he prefers short hair and has probably told her how much sexier she is with it that way.

Good Lord Yolanda gets on my nerves. I really hope she doesn't come back next season. She's the worst thing to me about this show right now. I must have rolled my eyes ten different times during the scene of her with Erika on the beach.

I agree.  By far, Yolanda is the worst thing on this show.  Not only is she pompous and annoying, but it's the same thing over and over and over.  I find myself looking to see if she's wearing makeup, and listening to hear how much she'll trip herself up with lies.  But that's not entertaining anymore.  I really find my attention wandering during any scene she's in because she never says anything we haven't heard before.  She's on a "journey", she can barely function, her test results & silicone leakage & everything else are record-breaking, she's a survivor, she could have died, she is/was brain dead, no one on earth has ever suffered as much as she has, blah, blah, blah.   And of course the weekly tally of who has done enough for her to be deemed "a true friend".  Enough already.

Yolanda claimed to have "survived her surgery".  For chrissake woman you didn't have a heart lung transplant-they didn't even go into any body cavities. 

Yes, after saying that her surgeon had done the exact same procedure 9000 times with no problems, suddenly she's carrying on as though she beat some kind of incredible odds for survival.  

IIRC, she also carried on as though she was in dire danger when she had a port removed.  Her flair for the dramatic is truly laughable.  Yes, surgery of any kind can be scary.  No doubt about that.  But she's like The Boy Who Cried Wolf and Henny Penny The Sky is Falling rolled into one.  As I wrote above, enough already!   All of this is mind-numbing at this point.  How is it - on any level - entertaining to hear literally the same words from her over and over and over?

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 17

Apart from Pandora's wedding, basically every party on this show is for the cameras. Kyle's annual white party? Well those date back to roughly season 1 of RHOBH. The bar at the Culver holds about 30 people. Throw a camera crew in there and they probably had about a dozen guests, all housewives and their husbands. Everyone that goes to these parties needs to sign a release and they strategically plant extras so it's easier to cut around long conversations without randos popping in and out and ruining the continuity. Sorry to ruin the illusion, but I just assume everything on these shows is fabricated.

• Love 9

You know, I have no shade for LisaR's hair. I think that if you find a style that works for you and you know exactly how it is going to look on you and the different ways you can change it up and still have it work, you should be jumping for joy. It just seems like one less thing to have to worry about to me. And the fact is that Lisa's hairstyle is as much of a calling card as her lips are. I mean doesn't Rachel Welch have a Lisa Rinna do in her wig line? I say keep hustling that 'do. It works for her and is instantly recognizable. 

Oh I agree, BUT I was annoyed with Rinna blaming Harry for being locked into one hairstyle for 150 years.  I'd rather she have said, "I like this hairstyle & I don't wanna wear it long & fuck off for telling me how to wear my hair".  Well, she kinda did say that in her TH, I guess.  But Kathryn telling her she should "grow it out" deserved a big, huge "Fuck off" & "Don't order me what to do, bitch" in response.  

Rinna doesn't have to justify to anyone why she's had that hairstyle for a billion years.  Maybe it's cuz it's low maintenance or it covers some balding or cuz she's terrified to be seen in any other hairstyle or she just likes it.  Or maybe Harry does dig it that way.  Whatever, it's her hair & her choice how to wear it.  But I was pretty surprised how good I thought she looked with her hair up.  Never saw her that way before.  It suits her.

I gotta tell ya, Kathryn is really bugging the piss outta me.  Her ordering Erika not to say the C-word was absolute bullshit & also deserved a "fuck off" or at least "back off & don't order me what to say, hun".  Now, don't me get wrong.  I don't care for the c-word either.  Make no mistake, if it's used in a very targeted & specific way, it's ALWAYS hateful, vitriolic & misogynist.  But Erika was not doing that.  And I find it hard to believe she ever would -- at least from what we've seen of her.  She always seems harmless, kind, nice & thoughtful.

Kathryn could have said she just doesn't like the word & request Erika not to say it in her presence.  But she didn't do that.  I thought her manner was ick & condescending & pretentious -- and actually downright offensive, insulting & disrespectful to Erika.  Idk, seems to me like Kathryn maybe doesn't have much social interaction, cuz this was so thoughtless, tactless & awful of her to say to Erika.

And back to Rinna's hair, isn't that a style older ladies have too?  Michele Lee bragged about having the same 'do when she was on WWHL.  Are Hillary, Jane Fonda & Helen Mirren sporting it too?  So Rinna could take that 'do to the grave if she chooses.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 7

I was under the impression that there's photographic proof that Kyle's White Parties started prior to the show. Somebody please feel free to correct me. 

Apart from Pandora's wedding, basically every party on this show is for the cameras. Kyle's annual white party? Well those date back to roughly season 1 of RHOBH. The bar at the Culver holds about 30 people. Throw a camera crew in there and they probably had about a dozen guests, all housewives and their husbands. Everyone that goes to these parties needs to sign a release and they strategically plant extras so it's easier to cut around long conversations without randos popping in and out and ruining the continuity. Sorry to ruin the illusion, but I just assume everything on these shows is fabricated.

I was under the impression that there's photographic proof that Kyle's White Parties started prior to the show. Somebody please feel free to correct me.

That being said, I agree with what you're saying. I think this party, the non-BBQ, and numerous other parties were encouraged by production.

• Love 2