Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: New Guys, New Lies

Why is this annoying people? It was the right thing to do. Is it because people don't like Toby? Again why? I've known situations similar and the right thing to do is give the person at least a heads up especially if you run in the same circles or as in this case live in the same small town.

I actually have no problem with the Caleb/Toby talk. Heck, they seemed to hang out more often than Hanna/Spencer in the time jump years so it makes sense. I am rolling my eyes at Toby/Spencer already pining for each other. If they must put the high school couples back together (gag) let it develop more naturally over time rather than just dropping an anvil on us. If they really are the most epic romances ever, why do they only thrive when the girls are in danger?Ew.

• Love 2

Why is this annoying people?  It was the right thing to do.  Is it because people don't like Toby?  Again why?   I've known situations similar and the right thing to do is give the person at least a heads up especially if you run in the same circles or as in this case live in the same small town.  

I think it's the Spaleb problem that everyone is annoyed by. Caleb should tell Toby, especially since they hang out more than Hanna and Spencer seem to lately. But if we have to dedicate anymore time to this asinine love hexagon I might jump on the A train

Personally, I'd rather never see Alison again but narratively her absence is rather silly - she so gung-ho about finding the murderer, was shown to be starting to find her "friends" suspicious, they keep doing stupid things to incriminate themselves while she never calls them or meets them, despite complaining endlessly about Aria leaving just days ago?

First law of TV romances - nobody ever really moves on from a romantic relationship if there are enough shippers wanting the relationship in question to be revived. So yes, either Toby and Spencer will reunite for the umpteenth time or the possibility will always be there as bone to throw to the shippers.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Yes, the Alison thing is super irritating. The only way her absence makes sense to me is if she killed Charlotte and counted on her friends doing enough stupid and incriminating things under pressure to take any suspicion off of her.

• Love 1

I didn't miss Alison at all tbh. I tried to hang in there with her character but I'm done with her terrible make-up and patheticness. I finally realized she has begun to really bring the show down to me.

(And now that I said that it would be just my luck she would turn out having her best episode ever next week)

Heck, they seemed to hang out more often than Hanna/Spencer in the time jump years so it makes sense.

That's the impression I got as well. They seem like, at the very least, good friends, possibly best friends. Caleb even has a inside joke with Toby's girlfriend!

On another note, I'm still trying to figure out what about Hanna I'm finding so unlikable this season. I loved her completely for five and half seasons and now her character leaves me cold. Is it the lack of humor maybe? Did she use to be written funnier? I also vaguely remember a time I found Emily engaging and interesting but I could be wrong on that one.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 4

On another note, I'm still trying to figure out what about Hanna I'm finding so unlikable this season. I loved her completely for five and half seasons and now her character leaves me cold. Is it the lack of humor maybe? Did she use to be written funnier? I also vaguely remember a time I found Emily engaging and interesting but I could be wrong on that one.

You're not wrong. Hanna used to make the show for me but new mature Hanna is like the store brand version of the girl I used to love. She doesn't have any charisma or compassion (except for weirdly protecting Aria) and dating Jordan has made her boring and dumber. Same could really be said for all the girls. The writing is so much weaker since they dropped Mona. She was the real queen of Rosewood

• Love 2

Oh and ALSO! Did anyone notice that in addition to all the other relationship switch-ups going on, Ashley seems to be cheating on her one true love, Wine, with a sexy new foreigner, Scotch? 

I feel like that was just the writers clearing the way for the OTP of this show, Ashley + lasagna box. It's happening, people.

There was also no gross make-up situation! Spencer looked drop dead gorgeous; I want her blouse!! Has my nemesis, the NWP, been defeated?

I hope so, but when Allison comes back it's probably all over. I did appreciate Aria digging through a pile of feathers and fringe from her bedroom closet while looking for Byron's key.

I hate the pop-up texts. Also, I have no understanding of emojis, as I am over the age of 16. Perhaps the show could post a translation guide on its Website Page. Speaking of Website Pages, anyone catch the Website Page reference from hot pothead blonde when she was talking about all the ways she is cool and tech-free? Which, btw, good for her?

Honestly, I would have been okay with what Ella did and said if she had followed up with "But that doesn't justify what she did, I just needed to understand it to get closure. Damn, that was some messed up. Why is that girl not in legit prison, and instead in some fancy private mental hospital that looks like those resort rehabs you see commercials for on TV all the time, seriously, in the end it sucks what happened to her but let's be real, messed up stuff happens to all of us and we don't blow up random people and drive cars into their houses and whatnot. Closure achievement unlocked." Understanding both sides of every story is kind of super essential in choosing how to move from there. Not that anyone in Rosewood does a lot of understanding, even when it comes to what the hell they are doing themselves. Still, though. You kind of expect more from Ella, because she's Piper, and even though it's not fair, it is what it is.

Why must these people tamper with every evidence from every thing that has ever happened, ever?

Yeah, I don't like Toby but the talk was fine enough for me. It was expected and Caleb and Toby are sort of friends, at least they seem to have seen each other more often than not.I also hate the pop up texts. They bug. Jordan is nice enough but let's be real guys, our endgames are totally Toby/Spencer and Hanna/Caleb here. Just like we're going to have an endgame of Ezra/Aria. Emily seems to be the only character who gets open-ended relationships occasionally, although with the writers still leaving breadcrumbs for her past romancers, Ali and Paige, just so the shippers keep watching. 

If we can get rid of the awkwardly unwatchable Spencer, Caleb and Hanna that exist in the current relationship status quo, I will gladly take the return of Spencer and her block of wood Toby as endgame. At least that didn't render like half the main characters unwatchable. 

Why is Lorenzo apparently the chief of police now? Seriously, is he the best they have? Even in Rosewood, what the actual hell? Shouldn't he be busy Wildening around, stalking the girls and popping up in inappropriate places, like Shower? Actually, what happened to Tanner? Did she die or peace out?

Yes, the Alison thing is super irritating. The only way her absence makes sense to me is if she killed Charlotte and counted on her friends doing enough stupid and incriminating things under pressure to take any suspicion off of her.

It's obvious the writers really don't know what to do with Alison now, which is kind of a shame because Sasha is one of the strongest actors on the show and they're kind of wasting her. Sometimes Alison is presented as this central character and everything supposedly revolves around her, but at the same time she's not really involved in any of it. She's on the sideline of her own story, of her family's drama, of her friends' antics... and in the end she really had nothing to do with Charlotte's motive. For so long it seemed like A was after Alison and the girls because of something terrible Ali did, but then it turned out it wasn't really about Alison herself at all, she just had the misfortune of being born into a screwed up family. If she's not going to be at the center of the drama, then they should treat her like the other girls and include her in the group because then what's the point? It makes no sense to have a main character missing for multiple episodes at a time. 

Hanna's been annoying me so far this season too. She just seems so sour and like she thinks she's too good for her hometown. All she does is whine about how she's not in high school anymore, yet she's the one making an even bigger mess of things by making terrible decisions like incriminating all her friends instead of just Aria, and forcing Lucas to lie to the cops, and involving her mom. Maybe Hanna's just one of those people who like to think they're a lot more mature than they actually are. I also don't buy that she's in love with her fiance at all, but I don't know if that's intentional or if Ashley's just not into the storyline because I know she's expressed her unhappiness over the Haleb breakup.  

I actually find Hanna more annoying than Aria this season, which is saying something. 

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 2

I wonder if it's because Aria hasn't changed at all, and is just the same old Aria doing all the same old Aria crap, while the other girls have all changed very much for the worse, which makes Aria seem, in comparison, kind of interesting.

"This person also has hair on their head" and "eats food sometimes". 

"Hair changes style on a near-weakly basis"

Ya'll are making me LOL with the possible additions of facts on Yvonne and her mother in those opposition reports. Hee! I too paused when we were showed the pages and couldn't believe how many errors and misspellings were present, was wondering if "breathes oxygen" or "has pretty hair" were on there too.

Toby's would include "Pretty Eyes"

I actually have no problem with the Caleb/Toby talk. Heck, they seemed to hang out more often than Hanna/Spencer in the time jump years so it makes sense. I am rolling my eyes at Toby/Spencer already pining for each other. If they must put the high school couples back together (gag) let it develop more naturally over time rather than just dropping an anvil on us. If they really are the most epic romances ever, why do they only thrive when the girls are in danger?Ew.

Aaaaand...I'm out. Since the mystery no longer interests me in the least, my only enjoyment hinged on the (girls') relationships (with each other, obv, but also with the secondary players). I know this sounds like insane shipper talk, but it's really not. I'm not even that into Caleb/Spencer, but they seemed like a new, interesting, natural direction for these characters - especially because ep 13 had Hanna acting so mature about it. This episode? Freaking moony eyes from Spencer! Of all people! Fuck no. I'm out.

• Love 1

The ratings are in free fall, this latest episode had the worst ratings of any PLL episode. Serves the writers right, if you ask me. I bet Marlene is shocked viewers aren't on the edge of their seats waiting for the terrible murderer of poor, innocent Charlotte to be brought to justice.

If we can get rid of the awkwardly unwatchable Spencer, Caleb and Hanna that exist in the current relationship status quo, I will gladly take the return of Spencer and her block of wood Toby as endgame. At least that didn't render like half the main characters unwatchable.

Agreed. I'd rather have one awkward romantic relationship then an unwatchable protracted love polygon that involves half the main characters in the show. I will miss Yvonne and her eye candy factor, though. I suggest she hook up with Emily instead.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 1

Why is Lorenzo apparently the chief of police now? Seriously, is he the best they have? Even in Rosewood, what the actual hell? Shouldn't he be busy Wildening around, stalking the girls and popping up in inappropriate places, like Shower? Actually, what happened to Tanner? Did she die or peace out?

I think she wasn't a member of the Rosewood Police Department, so presumably once the Charlotte debacle ended she went back to wherever she came from.

For the record, I'm currently in the process of trying to become a lawyer, so this show is actually great practice for passing the bar. "Oh, that was a custodial interrogation, this is a leading question, that's not even admissible, that person is DUMB AS ROCKS if they think that what they have passes for evidence." But the thing that occurred to me when Ella was going on about pooooor Charlotte is that she really shouldn't have been institutionalized at all. In Pennsylvania, the insanity defense requires that, due to a mental illness, either a) the defendant didn't know what she was doing, or b) she didn't know that what she was doing was wrong. Setting aside the fact that she killed a freaking police officer, Charlotte reveled in her actions. She knew and she just didn't care.

The fact remains that even if she had a mental illness, she can still be held responsible for what she did. By which I mean just the little things like kidnapping, terroristic threats, assault (simple and aggravated), battery, burglary, robbery, arson, conversion, intentional infliction of emotional distress, attempted murder, first-degree murder, and probably more criminal and civil charges I can't even remember. Plus conspiracy on the criminal charges. She should never have seen the sun again.

Edited by DigitalCount
  • Love 4

Yes, Tanner and Holbrooke weren't part of Rosewood PD, they just came to clear up the A murders and mishaps. I remember a scene where Holbrooke made some comment about them showing up in Rosewood so they could fix the crimes that the local police were not able to do so. Otherwise, I wish Officer Barry was head police chief! 

I think she wasn't a member of the Rosewood Police Department, so presumably once the Charlotte debacle ended she went back to wherever she came from.

For the record, I'm currently in the process of trying to become a lawyer, so this show is actually great practice for passing the bar. "Oh, that was a custodial interrogation, this is a leading question, that's not even admissible, that person is DUMB AS ROCKS if they think that what they have passes for evidence." But the thing that occurred to me when Ella was going on about pooooor Charlotte is that she really shouldn't have been institutionalized at all. In Pennsylvania, the insanity defense requires that, due to a mental illness, either a) the defendant didn't know what she was doing, or b) she didn't know that what she was doing was wrong. Setting aside the fact that she killed a freaking police officer, Charlotte reveled in her actions. She knew and she just didn't care.

The fact remains that even if she had a mental illness, she can still be held responsible for what she did. By which I mean just the little things like kidnapping, terroristic threats, assault (simple and aggravated), battery, burglary, robbery, arson, conversion, intentional infliction of emotional distress, attempted murder, first-degree murder, and probably more criminal and civil charges I can't even remember. Plus conspiracy on the criminal charges. She should never have seen the sun again.

Don't forget RICO violations up the wazoo as well. Even if Pennsylvania gave a rat's ass about her insanity defense, federal would not. At all. And neither would New York, where she also committed crimes. And didn't she also try to kill Caleb's mom in California one time? Anyways, I recommend you turn your knowing-things-about-how-law-works brain off for this show. It used to kill me, when I used to let it. Now I just imagine Tanner has a psychogun in her arm and we're all off for some space pirating. Let's be real, space pirates would be better cops than Rosewood's Finest.

I forgot Tanner was on loan. Although isn't Lorenzo also on loan, but from a different place and for a different thing? Like one day he showed up with Officer Toby and was like "Hey, I'm from an officer exchange program in a neighboring town that doesn't have enough underage girls so I'm on scholarship" or something like that?

Just wondering; why did Spencer have a file on Yvonne, and why did it include the bit a bout Toby planning to propose? Surely that has nothing to do with the campaign or anything? I'm from the UK, so not that experienced in US politics.

I laughed when Emily asked Aria if they would be texting a photo of Ezra to their new cyber bully Sara Harvey. That really would kind of amuse me greatly.

In all seriousness, that is an interesting and major new change, that they can actually text this person back. I know that phone got dumped, but since their new stalker - I'm not sure if we're supposed to be calling this person A or what - wants to learn from them who killed Charlotte (yawn), it seems like that may well continue to be the case with the replacement phones too, since otherwise the Liars can't tell this stalker what they want to know.

Why is nobody bringing up Mona? To me, she's candidate #1 for their new stalker. Their new stalker didn't kill Charlotte (and I'm guessing didn't kill Jessica either - and THAT murder I am interested in learning the answer to) and wants to know who did - that sounds a lot like Mona, who has always been interested in finding out the truth behind everything. The girls kept talking about how Sara studied at Charlotte's feet and so knows all the tricks, but Mona was the original A! Charlotte learned the game from her!

And, btw, while I'm not saying the PLLs and their parents don't have every right to be mad at Charlotte, all the talk of their fears about Charlotte being released ring a little hollow for me considering that Mona was also released and has been running around free for years now. She tormented the Liars herself for two seasons and nearly killed Hanna, Emily, and Spencer. Then she got sent to Radley for about five minutes (and continued to be on the A team for a while even then), and then Hanna testified for her release and she got out. Where was all that hysteria when Mona got out? She got to go back to the same school as the Liars, she started dating Aria's own brother. Where was Byron (or any of the parents) then? Why was nobody trying to murder Mona? Yeah, Aria was allowed to have a problem with Mona/Mike for two seconds until she was made to feel guilty for it. I thought Mona might mention it herself when she was testifying at Charlotte's hearing, that she had also once been A and done terrible things and gotten another chance, but she only mentioned the part about her having once been in Radley too.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mona, but it's a big disparity, that. Charlotte was ultimately meaner, but Mona did it first for a good long time and like I said, she did nearly kill three of the girls at various points. It never gets brought up. Charlotte did have a lot more justification to go crazy in the first place (Mona's motivation just boiled down to waaaaah, Ali and the PLLs were mean to her for a few years) and she spent a lot longer in treatment afterwards. Everyone should have been just as upset and up in arms about Mona getting released.

• Love 6

Just wondering; why did Spencer have a file on Yvonne, and why did it include the bit a bout Toby planning to propose? Surely that has nothing to do with the campaign or anything?

Because the writers no longer have a clue how to write drama that is not ridiculously contrived, especially when it comes to romantic relationships.

As for the reactions to Mona and Charlotte, yes, there is some double standard. The writers tried to make it easier to accept by never making it clear exactly which crimes Mona admitted to committing and even having Hanna refrain from accusing her of running her over. So I guess the idea is that the parents see Charlotte as a murderer and a terrorist, while Mona is merely a high school bully.

For so long it seemed like A was after Alison and the girls because of something terrible Ali did, but then it turned out it wasn't really about Alison herself at all, she just had the misfortune of being born into a screwed up family.

That is the biggest disappointment with the A resolution for me. That it had nothing to do with what the girls did really. It's like, they were targeted because they had the misfortune of befriending Ali. WTF? STupid show

• Love 1

Mona needs to come back either way. Like now. Don't care about Ali either way as she has been more and more boring since she became Alive Ali.

Oddly, I find Ezra one of the more compelling characters this season. Mainly because he just stumbles around drunk and shouts at people, and also because the only one who even pretends to care any more is Aria. I never knew I could ship anything on this show as hard as I ship Ashley + wine, but Ezra + failure may possibly become my new OTP, guys. Someone come up with a ship name for me, stat.

• Love 2

I like Dark Ezra too. But then I loved him when he should have been A but wasn't. Dark Ezra is the best and I think Ian Harding probably gets a kick out of too. It at least gives him something fun and complex too and makes the character a hell of a lot more interesting. Aria is still Aria, though, but she does grate less than any of the other liars, probably because.. it's just expected of her to not give a damn about anyone else but Ezra. That's so Aria. I'm never going to ship Ezra and Aria, though. Sorry, show.  

All the other liars have just been annoying in ways that makes me not like any of them. Like I said, I never liked Aria so she couldn't do anything to make me like her less but Hanna was my fave and they've reduced her to being a whiny, bitchy, 20 something and I've got enough of those on my other shows and worse of it, she is a fashion maven or something and spent an episode running around in a dress that looked like a robe. Emily just lies and lies and lies and Spencer is just..not snappy or fun,  has bad judgement as of late and has really BAD bangs! Alison is still a possible sociopath and is now probably dating her dead sisters doctor...and might be sending A texts because she is mad that her sister is dead. But hell, that may be one way to make Alison relevant in the show, we've spent 2 episodes without any sign of her and only get mentions of her via a phone call/text.

Edited by WhosThatGirl

Don't get me wrong, I love Mona, but it's a big disparity, that. Charlotte was ultimately meaner, but Mona did it first for a good long time and like I said, she did nearly kill three of the girls at various points. It never gets brought up. Charlotte did have a lot more justification to go crazy in the first place (Mona's motivation just boiled down to waaaaah, Ali and the PLLs were mean to her for a few years) and she spent a lot longer in treatment afterwards. Everyone should have been just as upset and up in arms about Mona getting released.

The girls thought Mona's A was trying to kill them, but I don't think Mona did seriously try and kill them. I could be forgetting something though.  And Mona never held them hostage for weeks either. 

I temporarily forgot that last week the reporter told Spencer that Mona is working for the opposition so YOU KNOW the file on Spencer is the size of a phone book!

Hanna's condescending attitude about Rosewood is annoying but realistic. I know several people who started acting like their perfectly nice upper middle class suburban hometowns were backwards podunk hickvilles in the middle of nowhere after they started college. Many of these people were from towns similar to Rosewood in that the actual towns/cities were small but very close to larger cities (10-30 minutes away) and they still had things like Starbucks and restaurants nicer than Olive Garden, but these people acted like their hometowns were worse than gum on the bottom of someone's shoe. And not all of them attended college in huge cities like New York. I remember one girl who was talking shit about her hometown went to college in Davis, which is a very hippie college town outside of Sacramento and all I could think was uh, your hometown is bigger and fancier than Davis!

• Love 2

The girls thought Mona's A was trying to kill them, but I don't think Mona did seriously try and kill them. I could be forgetting something though.  And Mona never held them hostage for weeks either.

I think Hanna getting mowed down by a car counts as Mona trying to kill one of them.

Ali pushed Ian off the belltower to save Spencer, but it didn't kill him.  IMK, in an interview post 6x10, said that Ian actually committed suicide.  It made no sense.

Unrelated topic:  BrosWatchPLLToo podcast, they nicknamed Hanna's incomprehensible fiance "didgeridoo".  I blurt laughed.  Marco Sparks would read his dialog and rapidly devolve into complete gibberish, which pretty well mapped Jordan's accent.

• Love 4

What are MonA's more violent crimes?

I only remember hitting Bethany with a shovel and hitting Hanna with a car.

Didn’t she try to throw Spencer off a cliff in the season 2 finale when they were fighting? That was kind of violent. And was Mona responsible for locking Emily in the barn with the car? That was during Mona's A reign and had Alison not shown up to save her, Emily could have died from the carbon monoxide. 

Mona’s also responsible for inflicting significant mental and emotional damage on the girls. Not just “oh someone’s stalking me and that’s scary” kind of damage, but life altering type of damage. She messed with Emily’s swimming career by putting the HGH in her pain cream. She exploited Hanna’s insecurities about her weight by forcing her to binge on the cupcakes in public. And she contributed to Spencer’s mental break down by recruiting Toby to the A team and convincing him to fake his death, which was a dick move on his part but that's a whole other story. Can't think of anything in particular she did to Aria but I'm sure there's something. 

The girls not only forgiving Mona but later trusting her, feeling bad for her and working with her on occasion never made any sense to me, because as much as I love Mona as a character, she is not a good person. It did amuse me a bit that she was able to convince the girls that Ali was a sociopath in season 5 because Mona would know since she displays some sociopathic tendencies herself. 

• Love 1

But in Mona's defense, if the other girls had been adequately hyperrealized, they would have been easily able to avoid those threats. So really, it's Aria's fault.

Yeah, I got nothing. But Mona's the best thing that ever happened on this show, and nothing else on this show makes a damn bit of sense either, so ask me how many fucks I give?

• Love 3

I thought the reason that Mona got off easier was that she was a part of the A team, but not the actual big, bad "A" herself (which was CeCe). Unless I misunderstood...? I was under the impression that several characters (including Toby, Caleb, etc.) were all at one point or another recruited for an "A" cause, but that CeCe was the one pulling all the strings from beind the scenes.

Supposedly "redcoat" took over from Mona in Radley for the lulz, right? Or was Shower also Redcoat? Because wasn't Shower like everything. and all the answers?

It seems like the writers were never really sure themselves about who did what and how it worked. In the Mona reveal after her arrest she said to a mystery person "I did everything you asked me to do" which implied she was more of a minion to a big A but the Charlotte/Cece A reveal has Charlotte stealing the game from MonA at Radley. Yet somehow Toby was recruited after the homecoming dance and was working for A before and after MonA reveal. And he was just doing it to protect Spencer. That doesn't make sense. They obviously had no real plan because the seasons are all filled with major inconsistencies. Every time the girls are sent a creepy message or locked in a room the writers should know who is doing it and why. But they obviously don't know and it shows.

• Love 3

The idea was that Mona was so drugged up that she thought CeCe in a bathrobe was Allison in her red coat. Mona was legitimately in charge until she blabbed about her exploits to CeCe, eventually accidentally giving her enough ammunition to become A. While it was dumb, no doubt, it's one of the few aspects of the reveal that didn't cause a continuity snag.

I think Hanna getting mowed down by a car counts as Mona trying to kill one of them.

I remember her hitting Hannah with her car, but I thought she later said she didn't intend to kill her and purposely made it a more minor injury? Which doesn't make it any better, but compared to CeCe could be perceived as better?

I remember her hitting Hannah with her car, but I thought she later said she didn't intend to kill her and purposely made it a more minor injury? Which doesn't make it any better, but compared to CeCe could be perceived as better?

I know what you are saying in context. Cece held them hostage and tortured them for a month and Hanna didn't die from getting hit by the car. But still Mona can say that but by ramming your "best friend" with a car you can't really decide what kind of injuries they are going to have. She was just hoping for the best.

• Love 3

I know what you are saying in context. Cece held them hostage and tortured them for a month and Hanna didn't die from getting hit by the car. But still Mona can say that but by ramming your "best friend" with a car you can't really decide what kind of injuries they are going to have. She was just hoping for the best.

Well in real life a person would be hoping got the best. I wouldn't be surprised if all knowing Mona as A claimed to have control. Because this show is that ridiculous.

But it is crazy these girls ever talked to Mona again. Buy, plot, I guess.

Nothing about Mona running Hanna over and its consequences makes any sense (even by PLL standards). There was no reason for Mona to panic just because Hanna saw Noel Kahn in a black hoodie and assumed it was A. The girls tend to think they have caught A at least twice a week, after all. No reason for Hanna to refuse to accuse Mona of that, either. And even with Hanna's reluctance to tell the truth, someone should have reached the very obvious conclusion that Mona must have done it.

The idea was that Mona was so drugged up that she thought CeCe in a bathrobe was Allison in her red coat.

Even so, Alison didn't order to do any of the A staff, so even that retcon doesn't work. Plus, somebody cleaned out Mona's lair immediately after 2.25, it couldn't have been Charlotte. Well, it couldn't have been her unless they retcon everything even further, that is.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 2

They won't even bother to retcon it, they'll just make like it never happened, because they don't actually remember it anyways. Seriously, when they write this show I'm pretty sure they do it like that game where you write a sentence and then fold the paper over so the person can only see the last bit and then they have to do the same thing, and so forth, like in a group, to make a story. I'm fairly sure that they just write this show that way. There's no other possible way to explain it.

• Love 6

I love Mama Marin. And yes she is cheating on wine with Scotch. But who can blame her. Ashley and Wine have been together for a long time and Scotch is sexy letting and new.

Wine and Ashley should be hitting the infamous 7 year itch mark in show, and let's face it, Scotch better understands her needs at the moment. But this show loves its OTPs, so I'm betting it's only a bump in the road.

I'm fairly sure that they just write this show that way. There's no other possible way to explain it.

Beg to differ, as I am positive it boils down to a "deficit of fucks."* Which sadly they've brought me to as well. It's so hard to care about what's going on when they so clearly don't.

Nevertheless, I still remember that Caleb didn't work for A, but rather Jenna, and Ali pushed Ian, who then proceeded to suicide out, except that Mona left his suicide note, which caused the Liars to think she killed him. Right. But she totes didn't, so we can still lurve her. Except we basically only know that later stuff because of interviews, because it's not like they had any screen time they could have used to show it or anything. Oh wait...

* TM AimingForYoko.

• Love 1

This show is funny with the stuff they choose to retcon and the stuff that they don't-i.e everything regarding A and Charles-Charlottle-Cece BS, hilarious that somehow she was in the yearbook with things under her name like she actually went to high-school at Rosewood when it's more "she didn't even go here!"-seriously, they just leave certain story aspects alone, like, "eh..who cares?"

• Love 1

Nothing about Mona running Hanna over and its consequences makes any sense (even by PLL standards). There was no reason for Mona to panic just because Hanna saw Noel Kahn in a black hoodie and assumed it was A. The girls tend to think they have caught A at least twice a week, after all. No reason for Hanna to refuse to accuse Mona of that, either. And even with Hanna's reluctance to tell the truth, someone should have reached the very obvious conclusion that Mona must have done it.

Even so, Alison didn't order to do any of the A staff, so even that retcon doesn't work. Plus, somebody cleaned out Mona's lair immediately after 2.25, it couldn't have been Charlotte. Well, it couldn't have been her unless they retcon everything even further, that is.

I always thought that was Ezra who wiped the lair clean?

I don't know I could be way off but his True Crime Lair had the same photos and the Ali diaries...

Beg to differ, as I am positive it boils down to a "deficit of fucks."* Which sadly they've brought me to as well. It's so hard to care about what's going on when they so clearly don't.

Also a distinct plausibility. I often suffer from that. It's like the unspoken national crisis, man.

I always thought that was Ezra who wiped the lair clean?

I don't know I could be way off but his True Crime Lair had the same photos and the Ali diaries...

Almost 100% sure you're right. During the great chickpea caper, when all the EzrA stuff was getting (not) explained, part of the reason he had all that crap was that he totes stole it from MonA's lair because he of course knew where it was as he had been stalking them all the whole time and therefore knew what was happening throughout, so he just went to fetch all her A crap once she got arrested/Radleyed. I think. Maybe.

• Love 1