Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E20: Farmgirl Flowers

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I feel like she had a horrible attitude. If your going to Marcus looking for help you have to know it's not just about the money. Marcus could bring so much more to the table and all she saw were dollar signs. Hopefully all people living in that area aren't like her because if she is the rude on camera I can only imagine what she is like off of it. God bless her husband because she seems like a lot to deal with. I'm sure she has no ego on her either lol. Good call Marcus. Onto the next one....

On 2/3/2016 at 8:39 PM, Amarsir said:

When The Simple Greek aired, everyone on the forums wondered why Marcus needed them.  A year later he's finally starting to question it too. I wonder though if he has the same problem he did with Artistic Stitch where he doesn't want to admit to overestimating someone until it's really too late.

We did, however, get to see why Marcus wants partners. He wants someone to do the daily work for equity, not salary. That's something he probably can't get building from scratch. (And we've seen him willing to give salary too when they work that hard. But Marcus clearly wants to be a mostly passive owner and that requires someone who isn't.)

I really wish we'd seen the answer. It has to have been more than just "I didn't think you'd notice". If it was there's no way Marcus would have resolved it so easily. I'm sure I wouldn't have been on Mike and Kathleen's side with it, but it feels unfair to have been presented the scenario without their answer.

Well of course that's what he wants. He comes to these companies to turn them around not to be an employee. He uses his money and his expertise to get them back up and running, making more money then they were, and once running smoothly with the right people in place, he moves on to the next company, all while the % he now owns is making him money. He doesn't buy into these businesses to be an employee. Also since you wrote this they have had an update and he is currently suing them. 

Edited by Amoroso82
12 hours ago, Amoroso82 said:

Well of course that's what he wants. He comes to these companies to turn them around not to be an employee. He uses his money and his expertise to get them back up and running, making more money then they were, and once running smoothly with the right people in place, he moves on to the next company, all while the % he now owns is making him money. He doesn't buy into these businesses to be an employee. Also since you wrote this they have had an update and he is currently suing them. 

Well yeah, but that wasn't the question. Nobody asked "Why isn't Marcus an employee." The question was "Why doesn't Marcus have employees (instead of partners)?"

If Marcus is going to invest a bunch of money and change the concept, the name, and the product, why is he bothering with 50% of an existing business and needing to sue afterwards? Why didn't he just create a new Greek chain and own 100%? More profit, no one to sue. Instead of having a highly opinionated partner he hopes will run the business, why doesn't he hire someone he knows will follow orders? (And then maybe give them 5% if they do well.)

And again, my answer was that he wants someone who will take on big salary responsibility without requiring a big salary, and who isn't going to quit the business if they get a better offer elsewhere.