Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Primetimer

Chris Noth Played A Cop On Hill Street Blues, Too

Before he was Detective Logan, he was Officer Lipsky. Same gleaming coif, though.

http://previously.tv/law-and-order/chris-noth-played-a-cop-on-hill-street-blues-too/"> Read the story

I KNOW!!!

I've been watching Hill Street, excitedly waiting for his episodes to air! But it won't happen for a month because his appearances don't happen until close to the end of the sixth season.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

Thanks for the clip. I forgot how much I loved Hill Street Blues. Too bad it's not on a cable rerun loop, like Law and Order.

Always loved Logan...and Mr. Robinette.

Thanks for the clip. I forgot how much I loved Hill Street Blues. Too bad it's not on a cable rerun loop, like Law and Order.

Always loved Logan...and Mr. Robinette.

Actually, the cable channel Heroes & Icons airs it seven days a week, two episodes back to back at 9:00 p.m. EST.  It's up to the sixth season now!

And Richard Brooks also appeared on Hill Street in the third season. As well as a lot of not yet discovered stars, such as one Andy Garcia!

• Like 1

I know the point of this LGTTVT is to highlight a young and dewy Chris Noth, but--Hill Street!! Bobby Hill, Renko, Captain Frank, The Counselor! Used to watch with my dad, who had a thing for Veronica Hamel. So much love for The Hill; such great characters and writing. It shares a tiny, tender spot in my cold, hard heart with the other great TV precinct, Barney Miller's 12th. (The fact that, between ages five and nine, I nursed a crush on Steve Landesberg's Detective Deitrich is . . . odd? I am not ashamed). We'll never see Hill Street's like again ("Do it to them before they do it to you," is definitely a product of its time), but it raised the bar for every cop show that followed.

Re: Noth. Dang, he was a handsome young fella. I don't recall him tripping my radar until L&O Original Recipe, though. Also, heeee! to the snort--loved it! Such is the excellence of HSB that I wanted the clip back at the cop shop to continue so I could see the outcome of Henry and Jablonski's convo.

Edited by spaceghostess
  • Like 2

Captain Frank Furillo was the BEST!  I'm totally crushing on him again watching this show, and as a straight woman, I absolutely love Joyce Davenport Furillo/Veronica Hamel.  Can't find a single flaw in her. Great hair, sexy voice, beautiful...

I prefer Sgt. Phil's "Let's be CAREFUL out there" myself.

• Like 1

I prefer Sgt. Phil's "Let's be CAREFUL out there" myself.

Yeah, I always preferred Esterhaus to Jablonski (although Conrad and Prosky were both great actors). So sad when Conrad died less than halfway through the show's run.

• Like 1

And Noth's arc started yesterday!

Interrrresting, that he was billed as Christopher Noth on Hill Street and two years later, when he shot the pilot for Law & Order, he was Chris.

And OMGEEEEE Lawrence Fishburne!!!! EXCEPT, he was going by Larry Fishbourne!

Chris is so yummmmeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1