Type keyword(s) to search

S32: Julia Sokolowski

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I've decided to overlook all the pics because Julia and Aubry haven't actually posted them on their own twitter/instas.

But with Julia imo it comes off on the show like she really likes Jason and Scot and, more awful in my mind, looks up to them and that I can't accept. Especially since we've heard from others that they all got a look during challenges at how awful S/J were to Alecia.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

I have lots of people in my social circle whom I think are kind of assholes in many ways. When I was 19, I even looked up to some of them. So what? I couldn't care less if Julia took a picture with some dudes I don't care for. The girl didn't dine with Hitler. She took a picture with an unpleasant dude from a TV show at a social gathering.

• Love 5

I'm from the Minneapolis area and if I ever happened to be on Survivor (not likely), my local Survivor "buddies" would be Peter from this season and Jeff Kent (I think that's the last name) who was on a few years ago. I don't know of any other Minnesota people but I only started really watching during the Denise/Malcolm/Lisa/Penner season.

I'm from the Minneapolis area and if I ever happened to be on Survivor (not likely), my local Survivor "buddies" would be Peter from this season and Jeff Kent (I think that's the last name) who was on a few years ago. I don't know of any other Minnesota people but I only started really watching during the Denise/Malcolm/Lisa/Penner season.

This made me look up who my local Survivor people are so I could decide if I would have dinner with them and take a photo.

No dinner, no photo:

Dale Wentworth

Dinner, group photo only because I don't remember you:

Brianna Varella

Michael Jefferson

Dinner and a photo:

Kelley Wentworth

Willard Smith

Shambo

Be my friend:

Sandra Diaz-Twine

Lydia Morales

Could move into my house:

Nick Brown

Anyway, let's not argue about this anymore. Let's just all agree that Dan Foley is a douchelord. That's always united us in the past.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 5

Let's just all agree that Dan Foley is a douchelord. That's always united us in the past.

It's so beautiful that hatred of Dan Foley can bring so many people together. And honestly I can't think of a single other person on any reality show that is basically universally hated. There's usually some people (including myself sometimes) that will defend any hated person.

Now, in a effort to keep this from being entirely OT, it seems from the promos for this week's ep that Julia will be heavily featured. I'm interested to see more from her.

• Love 3

This made me look up who my local Survivor people are so I could decide if I would have dinner with them and take a photo.

No dinner, no photo:

Dale Wentworth

[snip] 

Be my friend:

Sandra Diaz-Twine

[snip]

Anyway, let's not argue about this anymore. Let's just all agree that Dan Foley is a douchelord. That's always united us in the past.

Well, how about that, I had no idea there was an Ephrata WA--all along I thought Dale was from Ephrata PA!  But in looking up the other contestants on the Survivor Wikia, they're all from WA but Sandra's says her current residence is NC?

At any rate, agreed on your final assessment.

I personally see the get-togethers more as self promotion for all of them rather than "we're best buds forevah!" because they know the group pictures will get more attention on social media than if they had a sad picture of themselves alone on the couch watching!  If Julia et al. don't suddenly start bashing Alecia or themselves gleefully saying (outside of and after the game) that they'd rather be shoving geeks in lockers than whatever they're doing at the moment, I'm not too bothered.

But in looking up the other contestants on the Survivor Wikia, they're all from WA but Sandra's says her current residence is NC?

Sandra's an army wife, so they move around all the time, but when she played the first time, her husband was stationed out of Fort Lewis, WA, and she worked on the base, so I always think of her as a local person. I think when she was in HvV, they lived somewhere in the northeast.

It's so beautiful that hatred of Dan Foley can bring so many people together. And honestly I can't think of a single other person on any reality show that is basically universally hated.

Dan seems to be more hated than even Will because although Will's behavior on the show was worse, he's at least had the good grace to go away since his season ended.

I finally got around to reading Julia's CBS bio and I think it's weird that she said she's killed cows in Africa. That's one of those facts that you shouldn't just drop without some context.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 3

Julia's cute and all but she doesn't do anything for me. She doesn't seem to be any big master mind. I think she'll get dragged to the end as a number with Jason & Scot. Of course, that might help her in the end since a lot of the other tribes don't like them much. LOL!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1

I don't think about Julia much either way. She's there, she doesn't bother me, but I don't love her. I am more interested in Michele, which is why I'd like to see more Julia. If the two are really in an alliance, I'd like to see some of that.

• Love 1

All pictures aside, Julia interviewed that Scot was totally "awesome," and hung admiringly on every word when he was bragging about how his feckless  family would all probably starve to death if it wasn't for his selfless generosity.  Even for 19 I think she shows a lack of discernment and should be aware that this is a game show and people might lie or exaggerate.  She's sweet but sure doesn't seem like a player. to me.

• Love 1

The thing is though even after saying that she liked Scot she had no problem at all voting against him and his alliance at tribal that night when they voted at Nick (and if he ie to be believed she and Michele really wanted to vote Jason out).  I actually think she is playing up to this point when the best games out there.  That of course could change depending on how tomorrow night's episode goes

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 2

Yes I think she's actually playing the game quite well and I think that from a strategic perspective she comes off smart and mature. But from a personal perspective I think she comes off very naive.

• Love 1

The thing is though even after saying that she liked Scot she had no problem at all voting against him and his alliance at tribal that night when they voted at Nick (and if he ie to be believed she and Michele really wanted to vote Jason out).  I actually think she is playing up to this point when the best games out there.  That of course could change depending on how tomorrow night's episode goes

Well, see, it's like people last season voting out Jeremy's alliance but never voting for Jeremy. Voting for him and voting for his alliance (that maybe you could replace) are two very different things in my opinion. In a way, in some cases, it's a favour to someone to eliminate their alliance, because then they have no blood on their hand (see Amanda/Ozzy or Parvati/Danielle, in each case by not being part of the elimination they got a vote locked down at final tribal).

Now, that's all very general theory and verging on off topic. As far as Julia is concerned, I haven't seen enough to form an opinion on her game play. So far, her editing looks vaguely similar to some of the women in FvF (I think - psycho Natalie, girl flirting with Ozzy) that we only got to see more of deep in the game.

• Love 4

It seems that Michelle is driving the Michelle and Julia storyline. I guess that's why I don't have much of an opinion on Julia one way or another. Granted, tonight might change all of that or she might be the middle person who gets voted out.

• Love 1

Well I would say that was kind of a breakout episode for Julia last night.  I love that she is taking a very aggressive approach to the end game. Risky sure, but I love players that don't just sit back but try to make things happen. I was worried that she was teaming up with Scot and Jason for the wrong reasons but I am glad to see I was wrong. If she does team up with them (and she hasn't really yet since she voted with the women) its because as she said nobody is going to award those two assclowns a million dollars (In fact one of her secret scenes last night was all about how those two were sore losers who were acting very immaturely and therefore be easy to beat in the end). I don't know if she can pull this off but I give her props for trying.

Probst is definitely a fan (and is he kind of hinting that he wants Julia to come back and play):

I loved it. I can’t say enough about Julia. So young and so mature and so brave. She’s playing a reckless game and that is to be commended. She is playing one of the most aggressive games of anyone still left. She’s a contender. Every move comes with a potential negative consequence. But as you and I often talk about in this column, Monday morning quarterbacking is for couch potatoes. If you are a true fan who has imagined actually having to play this game you can only admire the attempt. Many, many, many winners have played two or even three sides. And many, many winners needed a second shot, or more to make it happen.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 2

Yeah apparently Jeff doesn't have much control of the editing it would seem. I have watched Julia's secret scenes and I think I know the problem. She is not crazy, doesn't say outlandish things, doesn't yell nor does she really insult the other players. Instead she just articulates her thoughts in a well spoken and rational manner and we just can't have that on tv.

• Love 3

I loved it. I can’t say enough about Julia. So young and so mature and so brave. She’s playing a reckless game and that is to be commended. She is playing one of the most aggressive games of anyone still left. She’s a contender. Every move comes with a potential negative consequence. But as you and I often talk about in this column, Monday morning quarterbacking is for couch potatoes. If you are a true fan who has imagined actually having to play this game you can only admire the attempt. Many, many, many winners have played two or even three sides. And many, many winners needed a second shot, or more to make it happen.

Ugh Jeff, that better not be a fucking spoiler.  I really want Julia to take this and justify this move, and she had two big episodes in a row, IMO.  (So much focus on her good team picking last ep, which I've never seen before on Survivor that I can remember.)

Obviously I agree with Jeff.  I think it's so interesting that he's loved and hyped some of the younger women lately.  Ciera and Julia, and Kelley Wentworth too.  Jeff of course, with a show to sell, likes BIG MOVES, regardless of their wisdom, but I think it's interesting that some of his favorites lately have been smaller, younger women who play hard/reckless.  I wonder if it is a conscious effort to not be all about the big dudes and salt-of-the-earth rugged Republicans that he generally favors, or if it's just his new thing, or what.  (Naturally, as with anything Jeff hypes, the hype itself becomes a reason to dislike it for a lot of people...c'est la vie)

• Love 3

(So much focus on her good team picking last ep, which I've never seen before on Survivor that I can remember.)

Yea that was very interesting. I also don't really ever remember them focusing so much on that.

Julia was actually my initial pick to win and I held onto thinking she was the winner for a long time, but then I thought well her edit doesn't justify it simply because she has so few confessionals. But then I thought about how often times females winners get the shaft confessional wise and I thought about the types of confessionals Julia's been getting combined with the other ways she's been getting airtime and I'm back to considering she is a potential winner.

Although the above quote from Jeff does seem to imply she doesn't win.

For me, she is a 45 year old soccer mom in the body of a young woman. Who makes goo-goo eyes at hideous tattooed men, or misogynistic man-babies. I don't care if it's sincere admiration and friendliness or an attempt to ingratiate and flatter. Repulsive.

• Love 7

This secret scene is why I love Julia as a player. She knows playing in the middle is very risky but she doesn't care. She says she would rather go home for taking big risks, making big moves and making big mistakes rather than go home having done nothing but being dragged along in the game.  She is playing to win and if it doesn't work out she has no regrets.  It is how you should play in my opinion.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 5

Ugh Jeff, that better not be a fucking spoiler.  I really want Julia to take this and justify this move, and she had two big episodes in a row, IMO.  (So much focus on her good team picking last ep, which I've never seen before on Survivor that I can remember.)

Obviously I agree with Jeff.  I think it's so interesting that he's loved and hyped some of the younger women lately.  Ciera and Julia, and Kelley Wentworth too.  Jeff of course, with a show to sell, likes BIG MOVES, regardless of their wisdom, but I think it's interesting that some of his favorites lately have been smaller, younger women who play hard/reckless.  I wonder if it is a conscious effort to not be all about the big dudes and salt-of-the-earth rugged Republicans that he generally favors, or if it's just his new thing, or what.  (Naturally, as with anything Jeff hypes, the hype itself becomes a reason to dislike it for a lot of people...c'est la vie)

I wonder why he's said nothing about Aubry - or maybe he has. I wonder what Julia will do now that the guys no longer have power and the others don't trust her, except for Michelle.

This secret scene is why I love Julia as a player. She knows playing in the middle is very risky but she doesn't care. She says she would rather go home for taking big risks, making big moves and making big mistakes rather than go home having done nothing but being dragged along in the game.  She is playing to win and if it doesn't work out she has no regrets.  It is how you should play in my opinion.

I agree, she understands it all, but where she loses me is with her execution. She can still recover, so we'll see how the season plans out. But as a general rule, I don't think it's good execution of a strategy when half (or more of) the players see it from the get go.

I agree, she understands it all, but where she loses me is with her execution.

Exactly. I am beating a dead horse with this lol, but Julia's strategy is fine and imo probably the only one she could really employ in order to have a chance at winning, but she's just not good at it. She was found out immediately by Cydney, Aubry, Jason, and Scot. Luckily for her Jason and Scot had no choice but to just trust her and she won the IC last week because otherwise she likely would already be gone by now.

But good for her for trying!

• Love 3

Actually Michele knew as well based on her secret scene but like Scot and Jason she didn't appear to be bothered by it.  I will be curious to see what she does next week to try to get out of this mess.  I am wondering if she will try to convince Aubry that Tai is the biggest threat at this point due to the fact that not only does he have an idol but now an additional advantage in the game as well.  Or does she try to convince Cydney and Tai  that Aubry is the biggest threat in the game and they need to get rid of her soon as possible that she will win the gane?  She probably only has to flip one person as I am guessing Jason and Michele will vote with her considering what transpired last episode. And it might not have to be Julia at all making this pitch as I could easily see Michele trying to make a move given that she is now seeming on the outs with the majority though still seemingly having a good relationship with everyone else.

• Love 1

Julia is in a bit of a pickle.  She can get Jason and Michelle on her side, but she needs one more.  Tai will end up being the swing vote, he can go with whatever side he wants.

Exactly. I am beating a dead horse with this lol, but Julia's strategy is fine and imo probably the only one she could really employ in order to have a chance at winning, but she's just not good at it.

I agree. If she had a bit more subtlety or artistry, she might be selling her story.  Like when she agreed to be on the team with the men last week, after that reward, she could have stressed to the women that she went over as a spy, and she should have had something to offer them in terms of intel that showed them she hadn't just tried to flip on them.  It might not have lasted more than one vote, but it might have worked.

It's like she is an aggressive poker player, but she's showing her cards.

• Love 2

I have no problems with anyone being shady and sneaky as hell, male or female, on this show. I don't begrudge Julia siding with the duo of dickishness if she truly believed she had a better chance to win with them. That said, other than doing that, what exactly has she really done? What exactly is this amazing game she has been playing ...

Yea exactly. Julia is doing OK, her strategy is solid, but I don't think her game is any better than Aubry and Cyndey's. And possibly not better than Michele's but it's very hard to tell because Michele's edit is weird. Julia's game is certainly not amazing. 

KimberStormer, your last post almost convinced me that Julia is playing well. I agree that on paper she is doing everything right. Trying to get in with the goats who she'll beat in final 3, while still playing both sides. But somehow it's just not translating in the game.

I think maybe she didn't really think her strategy all the way through. She just thought hey everyone hates Scot/Jason so I wanna go to F3 with them and then realized she needed to play both sides in order to accomplish that but she just isn't very good at playing both sides. Great idea, not so great execution. 

But still it's better than sitting back and waiting until it's your turn to get voted out.

• Love 1
Many, many, many winners have played two or even three sides. And many, many winners needed a second shot, or more to make it happen.

My interpretation of that isn't that Jeff's planning to bring her back (though he may be, too), but that she's playing a bold game, one the more experienced players might choose on their successive seasons after having tried other, less risky strategies in their first season.   

For me, she is a 45 year old soccer mom in the body of a young woman. Who makes goo-goo eyes at hideous tattooed men, or misogynistic man-babies. I don't care if it's sincere admiration and friendliness or an attempt to ingratiate and flatter. Repulsive.

In my view, she is a 45 year old soccer mom in the body of a 45 year-old woman, but maybe that's just my TV. I'm not surprised Jeff likes her, he's always liked the "beauties," and any play that makes for good TV makes him happy. But to me, big moves and playing to win have never been that closely linked. A big move when you're in danger is not the same as a big move that just draws attention to yourself and makes enemies. Jeff also thinks that her game is amazing for her age but young and reckless go together. Older players are often too wise to try something like jumping back and forth between alliances.

• Love 3

All the talk both on the show and off about Julia playing double agent has made me wonder which players this strategy has worked out really well for? I've watched most seasons, but my memory is failing me on this right now.

She has explained her long term strategy in two straight episodes. She was planning on going to the final tribal council with both Scot and Jason because the two of them are goats.

Her long term strategy was a good one, but it seems like she didn't really think about how to get there effectively or she just doesn't have the ability to play it correctly.

Personally I think it's more like she didn't think about it enough. It seems like maybe she decided pretty quickly to just fall in with Scot/Jason because she knew that was her best and maybe only shot at winning and she didn't really take the time to try to figure out how exactly to play both sides well. I think she is probably capable of doing it but she just didn't give herself time to develop a plan going forward beyond 'go to FTC with Scot/Jason.'

I think maybe that's how Jeff sees it too and that's why he was talking about winners sometimes needing a second shot.

I'm perplexed by the stuff on the episode thread about her 'batting her eyelashes' to get far. She hasn't employed any type of flirting game ever. I feel like maybe it's coming from her reactions to Scot and Jason talking about their hardships, but that wasn't flirting.

• Love 4

The problem as I see it and as others have mentioned was the fact that she was not subtle at all.  The others on the tribe picked up on it and Aubry to her great credit was able to stop Julia in her tracks and really her chances of winning the game. Had Julia's plan succeeded the other night she would have been in the drivers seat to go the FTC since her alliance with Scot, Jason and Tai would then be the majority. She also had an ace in the hole with Michele as well.  On another note if someone had told me at the beginning of the season that the two major players at this stage of the game would be Aubry and Julia I would have said they were nuts but I am very glad to see it.

As far as the comments about her "batting her eyelashes" at Scot and Jason I 'd like to say it is coming from her very human reactions from listening to Jason talk about his autistic daughter and Scot talk about his hardships but I don't really believe that. There just seems to be a mindset among some viewers that the only way a young attractive female player can align with men is through flirting. We even had someone is last weeks thread say that the reason women alliances don't work is because there is always one woman who will want to align with men because of lust.  This is of course very insulting and in this case patently false as Julia has been quite clear in her reasoning for wanting to align with the men. 

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 6

Her long term strategy was a good one, but it seems like she didn't really think about how to get there effectively or she just doesn't have the ability to play it correctly.

Personally I think it's more like she didn't think about it enough. It seems like maybe she decided pretty quickly to just fall in with Scot/Jason because she knew that was her best and maybe only shot at winning and she didn't really take the time to try to figure out how exactly to play both sides well. I think she is probably capable of doing it but she just didn't give herself time to develop a plan going forward beyond 'go to FTC with Scot/Jason.'

I think maybe that's how Jeff sees it too and that's why he was talking about winners sometimes needing a second shot.

I'm perplexed by the stuff on the episode thread about her 'batting her eyelashes' to get far. She hasn't employed any type of flirting game ever. I feel like maybe it's coming from her reactions to Scot and Jason talking about her hardships, but that wasn't flirting.

I think her move to Scot, Jason and Tai was completely understandable. When she came back from her "exile" time, her ally Anna had just been sent packing. Tai and Scot were allies who needed a third to hold off being sent packing before merge. Once merge happened, she still had Michele, who had other ties. One of those ties also threw in with Jason and Scot. Yet, there were still ties to the women. You can have a very good plan that doesn't work, especially when dealing with emotional players like Tai, who goes with the person who makes him feel good at any given time, or Joe, who doesn't know what game he signed up for.

As for the attacks on her "flirting", her breasts and her eyelashes (seriously, no fucking clue), quickly followed by attacks on her appearance, don't try to make sense of it. She is a pretty teenager. The time honored attacks on pretty young women are to either imply that they rely on youth and beauty or to try to find any fault with their appearance to "prove" they're worthless, after all. It is expected, if nonsensical and has no basis in how she is actually playing the game.

• Love 2

I think her move to Scot, Jason and Tai was completely understandable. When she came back from her "exile" time, her ally Anna had just been sent packing. Tai and Scot were allies who needed a third to hold off being sent packing before merge. Once merge happened, she still had Michele, who had other ties. One of those ties also threw in with Jason and Scot. Yet, there were still ties to the women. You can have a very good plan that doesn't work, especially when dealing with emotional players like Tai, who goes with the person who makes him feel good at any given time, or Joe, who doesn't know what game he signed up for.

As for the attacks on her "flirting", her breasts and her eyelashes (seriously, no fucking clue), quickly followed by attacks on her appearance, don't try to make sense of it. She is a pretty teenager. The time honored attacks on pretty young women are to either imply that they rely on youth and beauty or to try to find any fault with their appearance to "prove" they're worthless, after all. It is expected, if nonsensical and has no basis in how she is actually playing the game.

I don't think she's pretty! For the record, I don't think she's pretty or young. Alicia was pretty and young, Michelle is pretty and young. I have no problem with pretty and young, it's a delightful thing to see. I do have a small problem with misogynists, though.

Tai, who you seem cool with disliking, had a pleasant friendship with Scot when he teamed up with him, and then he started to see how Scot behaved when rejoined with his buddy Jason and it was not so pleasant. I can understand aligning with creeps as it seems strategically good for your end game - but I have got no sense from Julia that she even recognizes these men's behavior for what it is. At least Tai did eventually, and got out.

Good for Julia in getting on the show and getting out there and playing what she feels is her best moves in the given circumstances, and so forth, but I don't like the way she's playing currently. That may change. (Probably not.) My heart lies with the intelligent people, the people with functioning hearts and instincts, with interesting observations to make - and the crusty old ones, who I really admire for putting up with all the dingbats and dullards, as well as the gruelling physical circumstances. A nineteen year old dealing with those conditions with the considerable physical and energetic reserves of youth? Not so much.

• Love 2

Julia was barely 19 vs. Michelle and Alecia's 24 years so I'm not sure how you can say you think Julia's not young but the other two are.  

I don't fault Julia her game or see her flirting but I think she has been sort of playing the friendly, chipper, non-threatening ingenue role with the men.  Scot even referred to her as "our little Julia" or something, talking about her feeding them intel.  She smiles at their stories and laughs at their jokes and huddles in the shelter and chats.  I would just call that a good social game (though possibly bad, since the women saw too much of it), not really flirting.  I don't blame her for playing that way.   

I don't think she's pretty! For the record, I don't think she's pretty or young. Alicia was pretty and young, Michelle is pretty and young. I have no problem with pretty and young, it's a delightful thing to see. I do have a small problem with misogynists, though.

Tai, who you seem cool with disliking, had a pleasant friendship with Scot when he teamed up with him, and then he started to see how Scot behaved when rejoined with his buddy Jason and it was not so pleasant. I can understand aligning with creeps as it seems strategically good for your end game - but I have got no sense from Julia that she even recognizes these men's behavior for what it is. At least Tai did eventually, and got out.

What?  Are you even watching the show? These are just from the last two episodes. I won't even bring up the secret scene where she calls both them sore losers and acting like immature idiots.

Julia:  "At this point in the game, you really have to be thinking long­term. I definitely have my other alliance that I feel confident in, but taking people like Scot and Jason to the end, who have betrayed people, who have caused chaos around camp, might be a good idea, because at this point anyone on the jury would not vote for them."

Julia: "They’d rather go to the final three with me, and that would be awesome because they’ve ruined relationships with almost every single personout here, and that’s the kind of people you want to sit with at the end of this game."

I mean I get it you don't like her and you don't like her strategy and that is fine.  Though I am still trying to figure out how you don't think she is young. But she clearly recognizes the mens behavior for what is because it is the sole reason why she is aligning with them in order to beat them at the end.  

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 4

^ No, I did not miss any of that. Yes, indeed, I saw and heard that. That is not what I meant. (And those are pretty basic observations in any case - a monkey on a nearby island could pick up those guys are not admired.) But I don't have the energy to explain myself.

So much that you'll call a woman a "leathery little handbag" to prove it

It was a pun. Hanging on... etc. Soz.

edit to clarify: there was a discussion in an ep thread with a few people saying Julia was just a hanger on, and then someone said hotly she is so not a "hanger on" and so forth and I quipped lightly back she is so a hanger on, calling her a leathery little handbag on Scott and Kyle's arms - again soz. (Would 'leather' have been okay? Then it would have to have been 'a little leather handbag' and it would make no real sense regarding her character, to my mind. 'Little handbag'... less offensive? But no oomph to it.)

Edited by violet and green

I was watching some of the extra vids again yesterday (clearly I have no life) and I found it interesting that Aubry said something about how Julia 'doesn't want an alliance' in one of her confessionals after the Nick boot. I wonder if that's just Aubry's observation or if Julia is actually saying she doesn't want alliances. If she is that really puts a different spin on her strategy imo. I can't decide if it's good or bad though. And if it's just Aubry's observation then it's more proof for me that Julia just isn't executing her 'play both sides' strategy well at all.

I don't fault Julia her game or see her flirting but I think she has been sort of playing the friendly, chipper, non-threatening ingenue role with the men.  Scot even referred to her as "our little Julia" or something, talking about her feeding them intel.  She smiles at their stories and laughs at their jokes and huddles in the shelter and chats.

That's a good point. And honestly in the few scenes we've seen of her talking game with both groups it is clear to me that she plays the boys differently than the girls, which I'm with you, that's just good social game. Not good enough though I guess since Aubry/Cydney immediately recognized it.

• Love 3
That's a good point. And honestly in the few scenes we've seen of her talking game with both groups it is clear to me that she plays the boys differently than the girls, which I'm with you, that's just good social game. Not good enough though I guess since Aubry/Cydney immediately recognized it.

Agree. I don't see her flirting either; it's more like she's playing the little sister looking for guidance with Douche and Douche but being more authoritative with the women. Really, I think her social game is killer, but where she falls down is that she's not stealthy at all, and I'm not sure why. I kind of think it might be that she's at that age where it's hard to rein in your ego; she's a smart person who doesn't assume that other people are also smart and can figure out what she's up to. If she came back in two or three years and played again, I suspect she'd be much more of a force to contend with.

• Love 4