Type keyword(s) to search

Redneck Island - General Discussion

• Start Topic

It may take a while for people to find this forum, but I am sure we aren't the only ones watching it! :)

I had looked to see if it had a forum when I saw the new season was coming on (about 2 weeks ago) and saw nothing.

Just popped in my head right now to look and see if one had been created.

Edited by Jenkins

I knew I wasn't alone! I have watched all the seasons and it just isn't as fun to watch without being able to snark with others about it. I am usually a lurker but since I started this forum I guess I will have to post now and then. Lol

I hope more people discover this forum. We can't be the only ones who watch this show. And yup, I have watched all seasons as well.

I actually kind of like the show forums where only a few people post. Posts in threads for Survivor or Amazing Race just get lost in the 100's of posts they get.

The broken ankle last night was one of the first broken bones I can remember in a reality competition (I am sure there have been some, I just can't remember them).

It is interesting all the vets SEEM to like Margaret now. They certainly didn't last season. Guess they all became friends in the offseason.

• Love 1

I actually like Margaret this season too. So glad Cowboy got to come back. I can't believe they even gave the broken ankle girl the option of staying. What competition in the pit could she have done? Love that they let them drink.

• Love 1

That was definitely pointless to keep her. No way she could have even attempted the majority of the challenges this show does.

And I like Margaret. I even liked her last season. But I think that was because they all kind of ganged up on her (she wasn't the nicest person though) and I hate seeing anyone outcast like that.

I usually lurk but also love this show. I do miss the odd balls on the beach version, though. This is more like a down rent Challenge. Still, love the show. Lots of snarking possibilities. I think Jordan is the real mean girl. She wants all the pretty girls gone.

• Love 2

I watch this show! Glad other people do too. My husband has a man crush on Steve Austin.

I am glad to see the vets return, although I wish there had been a mix of the first three seasons rather than invite everyone back from the most recent season. I don't care for Margaret. I think she's a bitch. She's one of those people who will say really snotty things with the preface, no offense, but..., or, I'm not trying to be mean, but... and then act surprised when someone is offended. I also don't like how she always has to point out that guys are in love with her, and if they break up, point out that SHE is the one who ended it. That's just bush league. I don't like Tank  or Cowboy either. I don't mind Cody but wish he would stop referring to himself as "the mastermind" or "the puppet master" when he's really not that smart. He is a good competitor though.

The one newbie that's paired with Margaret's ex- she looks like Boy George in her interviews.

I thought Margaret was being pretty low keyed this year but I would imagine that will change when her butt is on the line. Hope Tank cools it with the drinking once he is a father. Cody is getting on my nerves this year. My DVR cut out at the end. Anything juicy for next week?

Edited by hoosiermom

Yeah Margaret is not too bad this season. Nicole was my favorite last season and she's not coming off too well this time. The reason I liked Cody last year is I always am impressed when a smaller guy dominates physical competitions. But it looks like since last season whatever weight Hunter lost, Cody found. He is more obnoxious this season too. Next week looks like more Drunk Cody antics.

• Love 2

I also watch this show. Unfortunately I only started watching last season.

I'm rooting for Tank this season. I don't know what it is about him, but I really like him. He can't be so nice & accommodating though to other people- even the vets. I'm not saying to go back on his word, but he should've thought about how Cody &(horrible with names) Nicole (?) getting teamed up again would be bad for him.

Excited to watch the trivia episode!

I don't really like Cody too much, he's cocky & I feel like he's going to stab someone in the back,

• Love 2

I watch too and was glad to see a forum.  I can't stand Margaret, Cody or Cowboy.  Cowboy looks sloppy to me, Cody is an arrogant ass and Margaret is just a straight up bitch. I was so hoping to see Cody get taken out of the pit last week for running his mouth.

• Love 1

I'm not saying to go back on his word, but he should've thought about how Cody &(horrible with names) Nicole (?) getting teamed up again would be bad for him.

Excited to watch the trivia episode!

Eh, if the next challenge is a trivia challenge Cody and Nicole are going to struggle. I think the Nicole had the most wrong of the girls, and the only reason they weren't first to be eliminated is Cody managed to hang on with like 50 pounds of weight pulling him down, while the other smaller guys were dropping with less weight added . That's why I have a grudging respect for Cody, no matter how annoying he is- he's pretty scrappy. He was up there with bigger guys like Josh with more weight pulling him down (I think Josh's partner was getting a fair amount right, and he was the biggest guy there and could have withstood more weight anyways) and he's still one of the longer lasting guys there.

Trivia highlight from last year- the question, how many states are in the continental US (the right answer was said to be 48, although I would argue 49 is more accurate), but Becky asked in a talking head whether the question had anything to do with continental breakfasts offered at hotels. I love Becky. I don't think she's long for this show if she gets thrown in an elimination where her opponent isn't immediately disqualified, but I'll enjoy her sunny if dumb personality while it lasts.

• Love 2

I am with you on Cody.

I don't like his arrogance (I just don't like arrogant people in general), but I do have to give him respect...he is one of the smallest guys out there and doesn't look to be in GREAT shape, yet he plays hard and wins.

I still think it was absolutely STUPID to even give them a chance to team back up...because look what happened...

But hopefully what that does is puts a target on their back. Though he is in the vet guys alliance, so he is probably safe for a while.

• Love 1

Hunter and Riley- you poor, dumb bastards. I get that Cody annoys you and you don't entirely trust him, but the time to break your alliance with him was not when there was still 3 newbies left and Cody made it clear he was content to play at 75% to avoid top spot. Becky did well in the last challenge but has otherwise consistently been one of the weaker girls competing. Not a good strategy to go after a strong team when the numbers still favor a newbie alliance comeback. But no one said these kids were smart.

I will concede hunter was quite the gracious loser while Cody and Nicole were both pretty obnoxious. I don't remember Nicole acting like this last season.

• Love 2

I was surprised Cody won. I guess we need him there to snark on. I don't even remember Nicole from last year. Maybe some of the newbee's will step up and start winning. I can't believe anyone would ever throw a competition. Especially when Cody was not well liked for his antics last year and the fact that he and Nicole are a strong team. My stupid DVR cut out some of next weeks previews but sounded like Cowboy starts acting up. I hope we start getting more of Margaret.

• Love 1

Well he is part of the vet alliance and they agreed not to vote each other in. Cody did not want to win because he did not want to vote in a vet boy and Nicole did want to vote in a vet girl.

It was a dumb move all around. Even if hunter had won, he would likely have been paired with Nicole. Since no veteran guys like her, and she had her own alliance with the vet girls, that would not be a good match for hunter. Really it made much more sense to after a strong vet girl with a weak rookie guy so hunter could have gotten a strong partner. Now all they've done is piss off a strong team and pushed Cody into the newbie alliance.

• Love 2

As I said before, I like Margaret, but how stupid can these people be?

They play too much with emotion and not strategy.

First they send in a team where there is a potential Cody and Nicole outcome and of course that happens.

Then they send in a team where there is a potential Josh and Margaret outcome and once again, it happens.

The smart thing would have been to send in Riley so either Riley or Josh go home.

Sending Cowboy home doesn't matter ONE BIT. He absolutely SUCKS at this game.

So the rookies made their bed...they had had their chance to get rid of a top 3 guy.

And that shot by Margaret and Steve Austins face was priceless!

• Love 1

I totally agree with you Jenkins but I'm loving having the 2 strong couples together. Maybe we will see more of Margaret now. Game on dumbasses! That shot by Margaret was amazing! I was shocked when she beat Tuff but so glad she did.

Edited by hoosiermom
  • Love 1

I am really Margaret this time which shocks me. I loved her face when Tuff said, who am I going to eat tonight?

Also love Tuff's frequent proclamations that she doesn't know how to lose, followed by 4 total losses in a 24 hour period against 4 smaller opponents.

Cody was bummed about Riley not going in, but I'm not sure Bo made a bad choice. 1. Josh is not really that good. Yes he's big but he sucks at puzzles, uses poor strategies, and even in a challenge that favors size, he's still lost. Riley would have come back I think. 2. If Riley is part of power couple again, Bo can remind him that everyone was pushing him to put Riley in and he still didn't, and therefore owes him. It may not work, but he's got a better shot now than if Riley had come back from elimination, and 3. Cowboy is so goddamn annoying I'd have a hard time not grabbing the first chance I had to send him home.

Margaret so boned Josh while she was there. He's dumb but pretty.

She's kind of a vapid mean girl, but I did think Jordan's comment about Cowboy was funny. And then her talking head where she cracks herself up over her joke was also funny.

I am embarrassed to admit I totally love this show.

• Love 2

I am not believing these wins people are pulling off this season. Cody deserves to be there after that. I just wish he would come across as not so smug about it all. This has turned out to be a really good, unpredictable season.

• Love 1

That is definitely my issue with Cody, his smugness. He is obviously good at the game, but you don't have to constantly tell everyone that. Let your play speak for itself!

And yes, overall a pretty damn good season. :)

• Love 1

Just caught this show last night. Was surprised to see Nicole lose. Jorden does not strike me as a particularly strong competitor and Nicole has usually outperformed her on just about every mission. Add to that that Nicole has done this before. Strange. Was wondering if Nicole blew it on purpose but I think the loss was legit.

Way to use that superior intelligence, Bo. Right after proclaiming himself smarter than Cody, he picks an inferior strategy and loses the first round...then employs that exact same strategy for round 2.

Last season, Margaret and Riley had a bit of a romance before he was sent home. I seem to recall some cast members speculating he lost on purpose to get away from Margaret, who was becoming a little clingy. Not sure I buy that, but remembering that when he was laughing about how Josh can stand Margaret and actually encourages her on this latest episode- well that's pretty funny.

• Love 2

Just caught up on the last 2 episodes.about last week, Cody shouldn't drink so much. Makes him a bigger ass than usual although he is doing great in the pit. What was up with Melissa at the pit competition? Her hair, makeup and jewelry looked like she was ready for prom! This week, the comments about Josh and Margaret going so slow in that comp were too funny. Melissa " I think we have time for a lunch break" and Steve " I can swim faster than that"! I guess Margaret isn't going to have a boyfriend at home anymore after that make out session with Josh. I was sorry to see them go. And no Tank, you can't name your child after your beer guzzling funnel. Geeze.

• Love 1

I laughed so hard at Cody's interview when he was like, I looked behind me and saw Jordan was hanging on by only her hands. I thought at that point he was going to say he realized he had to slow down. Nope, next line- "I. Don't. Care." Uh, Cody you should care- if she goes flying off she's disqualified and the whole house hates you so I would not push it. But it was still funny how he said it. I don't think I'd like Cody in real life, but maybe if he was only 1-2 beers in he might be fun to shoot the shit with. I'd probably pay my tab and beat a hasty retreat by round 4 though.

I knew with Tank and Becky's comments that they would never let anything get in the way of their bond that meant some shit was about to go down, but what a stupid fight. And Becky just standing outside the window with her middle finger raised for an extended period of time was creepy.

Really Margaret? You got beat by Becky in a challenge that clearly favored the heavier competitor? I think Margaret just ran out of gas and she was a far better competitor last season. Riley and Josh was a far more fair match but I wondered how interested Josh was in winning once Margaret was gone. He seems like he hates these challenges, both the physical aspects and being forced to live in a house with these idiots, and it wouldn't surprise me if he only came to spend time with Margaret.

I can't stand Tank. I knew Cody would pick Josh but I really wish he would have stuck Tank in instead. As much as I think Margaret is correct in that Jordan has no strategy in picking people for elimination and merely picks who she doesn't like, Cody has been trying to orchestrate a Josh/Riley pit all along so I'm sure this choice was his, not Jordan's.

• Love 2

I can't believe Tuck drank so much before a completion that it made him so shaky. Guess he likes beer more than $100,000. Should be a good finale. Who knows, maybe the "newbee's" will win. I will be surprised if Cody pulls off a win.

• Love 1

That was a great episode. Jordan is totally growing on me. "I'm wearing my lucky panties!"

Glad Tank is gone, but he did have an interesting observation about Riley not being that athletic, just big. I think he might be on to something there. Tiny little Becky has actually been the MVP of that team.

• Love 2

Omg, Katie I know you're completely in love with Tank, but rude much?

Other than Katie being a massive drama queen bitch (seriously, you'd think she and Tank had done multiple tours in Afghanistan together instead of partnered for a few weeks on a game show) it was a pretty good finale. I heart Becky.

• Love 2

Just got back from visiting my daughter and got to see the finale. So glad Riley and Becky won. Cody was his usual smug self. Well, except when he was crying. Hope ya'll come back next year and maybe this forum will get a few more posters too!

• Love 1