Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Skeletons In The Closet

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

That bonus clip of Matt is deflection 101. He talks about everything BUT the subject at hand. Gary "outing" this information, his addiction past, his two "older"(?) kids who have no animosity towards him (yea, right), the meanness of creating doubt in Amber, blah, blah, blah... Ok, Matt, but do you have 5 or 6 other kids besides the "older" kids Amber knows about? Or are there claims by women that you do? Do you owe child support? To how many kids? Are you a deadbeat dad? None of this was addressed. According to Matt, this is all none of "Gary's" business. I don't necessarily agree with that, but even if it's the case, it's certainly Amber's business, and now Teen Mom viewers want to know as well. Don't go on a reality show called Teen Mom and expect your privacy to be guarded. Esp. on issues concerning kids.

If he and Amber get married, can she be legally responsible (financially speaking) for his debt or child support? Amber, girl, you can't be that dumb. Call off the wedding. Get answers. Figure things out. You're only 23. There's no rush.

• Love 12

Episodes like this one are what is going to ultimately lead to Brandon and Teresa backing away from the deadbeats. Caitlyn and Tyler are a terrible influence and B&T won't want them around their children. What in the bloody hell does Tyler do all day besides fart around on the computer? Why would it not occur to him to help care for his child and why is Cait so lame she won't even ask? They should thank God they didn't keep Carly because if they can't care for Nova while living relatively on Easy Street, what would life have been like back in the day? 

Tyler doesn't want to "conform." What a fucking asshat. What activities does Caitlyn do with her child that's wearing her out so? She barely interacts with the poor thing. During those "breaks," she needs to get off of her fat ass (damn right, it's true) and go to they gym. She might feel better if she got some exercise. I'm not saying she has to be a size six or even eight, but she is not healthy and if she doesn't get her rear in gear now, when she's my age, she will be obese. She also needs to combine those anti-depressants with some weekly therapy so she can offer her child something other than diaper-changing and food services.

Not fretting about Farrah. She'll get payback in spades when Sophia hits puberty.

Amber is a fool. She probably already knew about Matt and his trail of spawn but is trying to perpetrate a fraud so she doesn't look like the idiot she is in public.What Gary did was not nice, but I don't blame him for questioning what kind of guy ignores his children so he can parent some other dude's child. She's another lazy cow.

Maci's parents probably put their foot down regarding the babysitting and I don't blame them. Watch out Ryan: act too maturely and she might come sniffing around again. 

• Love 10

how is Farrah able to jet off in the middle of filming Teen Mom to film another show?

and omg Cate on the Aftershow, she just went *off* at Farrah's behavior.  I wonder if that was the same time as the "f'ing ho bag" comment.  I've never seen her so feisty!

and I was also wondering what she needed such a break from.  I liked when my mom took my infant son for overnights, but I'd end up missing him & couldn't wait to pick him up.

• Love 4

Last night's show had a theme of sorts. It should have been titled "Adventures in Babysitting" what with Farrah's drama-filled, psychopathic game of eenie meenie miney moe. Then, there is Maci who was so damn obvious with her wanting to dump Jayde with Ryan's mom. And then we have Cate who thinks it is okay to leave your child all day long for more than 3 times a week with your mother.

Tyler's book titles:

Conformity Sucks!

Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram Oh My!

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4

I'm wondering why we haven't exactly been privy to these "breaks" of Caitlyn's thus far this season. I know up until this point their MAGICAL wedding has been the focus of the "Cait/Ty" saga, but it would have been interesting to see what it is she's doing while taking multiple days off from her baby. Do her & Tyler spend these breaks together? Is she hitting the clubs with her girls a la Jenelle? What are these breaks for??

• Love 3
Breaks are super awesome. I try to get together with my friends a few times a month and date nights with my husband once a month (he works a lot so that's hard to do) but overnight stays 2+ times a week seems awfully excessive for two people who do nothing all day.

It is excessive. Also, I have to wonder how it's effecting their ability to bond with their baby. How long has this been going on? Nova isn't even one yet and she's spending multiple times a week away from her parents. I worry she might form attachment issues. 

His videotape does make it sound like the 7+ kids story is the truth but has been inaccurately portrayed. As if they were old cases and the kids are all of age now. He kept saying "older kids" but never said "2 older kids" as he has in the past when referring to his son and daughter.

Who cares if they're adults now? Does that absolve him from not providing or being there for them when they were younger? When they turned 18, did all the burden their mother(s) shouldered by themselves suddenly disappear? No. All this means is he evaded his duties long enough to think he was in the clear. But guess what, you CAN be taken to court for back child support. I don't know if this is the case in every state, but my ex-step-dad had to pay my mom back even after my sisters turned 18. You can't run from your responsibilities forever.

You can breastfeed while on certain  antidepressants... I have done so on Zoloft and Lexapro ... becaues of Post-Partum Anxiety Issues

I meant to respond to that post, but yes - you are correct. There are different levels of what is considered safe while breastfeeding, and it's ultimately up to a woman and her doctor to weigh the pros and cons. But there are absolutely certain medications that are generally considered safe while nursing. I just have to wonder, though, if Nova is spending 2-3 nights a week with April, is Cate still nursing? I suppose she could be pumping, but I seem to remember her switching to formula in earlier episodes? Maybe she's doing both.

• Love 4

I'm wondering why we haven't exactly been privy to these "breaks" of Caitlyn's thus far this season. I know up until this point their MAGICAL wedding has been the focus of the "Cait/Ty" saga, but it would have been interesting to see what it is she's doing while taking multiple days off from her baby. Do her & Tyler spend these breaks together? Is she hitting the clubs with her girls a la Jenelle? What are these breaks for??

Munch the fuck outta of her nails.

Lay on the couch.

Order pizza and watch television.

Go on social media. 

• Love 9

I can absolutely understand giving your baby to a grandparent so you and your husband can go out every now and then, or if you had some pressing errands that couldn't be accomplished with a baby in tow, or even because you just need to go and get your hair done now and then. But in that opening scene they are literally just sitting on the couch doing NOTHING. Wouldn't you take advantage of those times someone volunteers to watch your baby and go out and do something? You can lay around on the couch like a fat load while your baby is there. Aren't they bored? They are terrible parents.

• Love 7

I can relate a bit with Cate with the PPD. I had a bad case after my son was born. However, I was on the complete opposite end from Cate. I never wanted to put my baby down. My husband would leave for work and I would spend the entire day sitting in bed, watching TV, and holding our son. He would come home 9+ hours later and ask me if I had put him down yet and the answer would be no. Thankfully he called my doctor himself and got me the help I needed. I like Cate and hope she gets the help she needs.

Tyler, listen carefully. A REAL man helps with his child.My husband changed diapers, bathed, dressed and fed our sons. If  he saw I needed a break he would encourage me to go out and he stayed home with the kids.That is what a father does.He also worked to provide for us. Do something with your life already!!!! And for the record going to work everyday is normal. It's called growing up. Maybe you can look up the meaning of growing up on your phone while you are sitting on the couch ignoring your daughter.

• Love 8

That bonus clip of Matt is deflection 101. He talks about everything BUT the subject at hand. Gary "outing" this information, his addiction past, his two "older"(?) kids who have no animosity towards him (yea, right), the meanness of creating doubt in Amber, blah, blah, blah... Ok, Matt, but do you have 5 or 6 other kids besides the "older" kids Amber knows about? Or are there claims by women that you do? Do you owe child support? To how many kids? Are you a deadbeat dad? None of this was addressed. According to Matt, this is all none of "Gary's" business. I don't necessarily agree with that, but even if it's the case, it's certainly Amber's business, and now Teen Mom viewers want to know as well. Don't go on a reality show called Teen Mom and expect your privacy to be guarded. Esp. on issues concerning kids.

This truly embodies the definition of "stupid". 

• Love 6

I pulled the description of the writing program at the university where I work. Both tracks lead to  a BA. 

Creative Writing

This program is designed for aspiring writers of fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction. Students who graduate from this program will demonstrate the following: (1) knowledge of the forms and techniques of poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction, (2) knowledge of literary genres and the techniques used by authors within each genre, (3) the ability to analyze literature in its cultural and philosophical context, (4) the ability to critique student manuscripts and offer constructive feedback within a workshop setting.

Professional Writing, Rhetoric & Technology

This undergraduate degree provides students with both a practical and a theoretical orientation to communication in a variety of media and genres. The program prepares students to work as innovative professional communicators in a variety of fields – from government to business to medicine. It also prepares students for graduate programs in rhetoric, composition, and professional communication. The program will produce graduates who can think critically about communication, contexts, and technology as well as compose technologically-mediated documents and products using a variety of tools.

Can you imagine Tyler  in any of these classes?

• Love 2

What pissed me off about Tyler agreeing to help more and then telling Catelynn she needs to ask him for help is that he is putting the responsibility on her to ask for help instead of using his own judgement. It also leaves him this fucked up "out" where he can say "hey, you didn't ask me for help!"

Look Tyler, you're a grown up. You live in the same house as your wife and child. Perhaps you could wake up one morning and think "whew, that was a good night's sleep.  Hmm, I wonder when the last time Cate had a good night's sleep.  Maybe I'll make some pancakes and let her lay in bed for a while."

Or "Huh, that's Nova's 3rd diaper change since this morning. Maybe I'll take a turn."

Or "I'll take Nova out for a walk so Cate can take a shower."

Instead he lounges around the house like a guest, apparently, or maybe like a teenage boy. Waiting for someone else to tell him what to do. Until that happens he's just gonna noodle around on his phone or surf the web, take some pictures.

And now he's placing the onus on her to ASK him for help instead of trying to figure out where he can make her life easier. So she has to do everything as usual, assess when she's getting fed up, figure out if he's available somewhere to help and then try to decide how to ask him so he won't get huffy.

He's such an immature dick. HELP YOUR WIFE!!!

• Love 17

Butch is working, you guys!  He puts pics of the fences he built up on Instagram, and he seems very proud of them, as well he should be!  you *go*, Butch!!

(make of that what you will *cough*tyler*cough*)

Edited by teapot
  • Love 11

When maci pulls her hair up in one of those bagel buns, she looks like a lightbulb. The only time she didn't look absolutely haggard was when she had cartoon hearts popping out of her eyes watching Ryan holding Jayde.

Cate. Oh, Cate. I was so distracted during the therapy scene as I tried to figure out whose blanket she wrapped herself in. Does she travel with her own sloth supplies, or did she grab the doctor's blanket? So weird, and then scrolling through her phone while the doc is talking. WTF? And how can you be so bothered by your cuticles as to chew them incessantly, yet completely unnotice the fact that one of your green press on nails is missing?

Amber. Dear God. I can't blame Gary for finding joy in delivering that news, because watching it was absolutely delicious.

And Farrah looked...human...without any makeup on. Baby Goo on the other hand, needs a little color.

• Love 6

I really hope there was more to Caitlin and Tyler's therapy appointment that wasn't taped and/or didn't air.  They both threw some bombs out there that a credible therapist should feel obligated to address.  Caitlin's inability to sit up and engage, the way they described their baby in selfish negatives (hyper, high maintenance, etc.), Tyler's admission that he does nothing to help, Nova getting dumped at grandma's because Cait needs several overnight breaks a week - my God.  They need so much emotional help I don't even know where to start.  If Brandon and Teresa are watching this mess, their hearts must be shattered watching Carly's sister being neglected this way. 

• Love 13

Why is everyone so obsessed with Bently having girlfriends? The hell? I have never in my life witnessed two people with as little imagination as Ryan and Maci. It's like they can't conceive of people having interest that go beyond beer and sex and since Bently is too young to drink... Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of both beer and sex, but come on!

Sophie is full on Bad Seed level. Get that kid a spelling medal and a lightning storm ASAP.

I think part of Gary still loves getting to Amber, but i also think he pulls this shit on camera so there is a record of exactly what he said and did and Amber can't try to rewrite him as the bad guy later.

Nova is in someone else's care for half the week? Why? I agree new parents need a break, but Tyler and Cait only have their kid part of the week. I have never heard of that outside of extreme circumstances. That is weird.

• Love 14

I'm wondering why we haven't exactly been privy to these "breaks" of Caitlyn's thus far this season. I know up until this point their MAGICAL wedding has been the focus of the "Cait/Ty" saga, but it would have been interesting to see what it is she's doing while taking multiple days off from her baby.

I think that's a great point. Typical reality tv storyboarding. The start of the season was all buildup to the big wedding, even though these other issues were lurking. Now that the wedding's in the rear view mirror, they come out of the shadows. Catelynn's depression and possible PPD, her weight, Tyler's inactivity and lack of motivation....

how is Farrah able to jet off in the middle of filming Teen Mom to film another show?

Yea, it seems wild that they allowed this, but I guess their shooting schedule was long enough to cover her month-long absense. Either that, or Farrah really does have leverage with MTV in a way that forces them to accommodate her.

Also, from what I gathered from watching the preview for a later episode, her contract allows her to film other tv shows with content and subject matters that are different from Teen Mom. I guess Big Brother UK falls into this category, but the other reality show she wanted to do with her mother doesn't (it's a mother/daughter counseling show), so Farrah took legal action, pouted, and stormed off the set, so to speak.

• Love 4

No Tyler doesn't have to go to college to write a book. He SHOULD, but he doesn't have to. I think his Mom not only wants him to do something soon- but she knows that he should do something soon.

I think Tyler has bipolar or ADHD. He has some symptoms. It is hard to figure out what you want to do- especially with either one of those mental health issues. He should get on some meds because he needs to get his shit together because he has a wife & kid to support. Without those meds, there's no way he's going to be able to keep his mind on writing a book.

I like Gary as a father. He's really good with Leah & I think it shows. I mean, she's a good kid & she listens well. I don't like him as a person (though I do like him a lot better than I like Matt). The only reason he's with his girlfriend is because she had that kid. I definitely think he still has feelings for Amber. I don't really think he wants to be with her- but I don't think he wants anyone else to be with her either. If Amber finally realizes Matt is a piece of trash & leaves him, and she starts dating someone else, Gary will try to find dirt on him too. He acted like he didn't want to tell Amber about what he found, but he really couldn't wait to show her.

In a way, I kind of feel bad for Amber too. She seems like a girl that needs a man around all the time & she falls in love very quickly & easily- which makes her an easy target for slimy assholes like Matt. But she's also the kind of girl that will defend her man to anyone, including her own family. That means that no one will be able to tell her anything, she'll have to find out for herself. I hope she comes out of that stubborn "love" haze she's in before it's too late. She told Gary something like "I've been with this man for a year, I think I know him." A year?? Really Amber? Some con men can put on a front for years upon years. His ex said that once she got pregnant, Matt left. That may be his MO. But what scares me is that if he gets Amber pregnant, he'll stay around because of her money. Even when they break up, he'll still be part of her life- whether he cares about that kid or not. He also seems like the kind of guy that will deny, deny, deny. Amber could get 100% proof that he has 10 kids- and he would still deny it & try to talk his way out of it or deflect the blame to someone else. That's what conmen do. She needs to get the hell away from him while she can.

• Love 6

I think Tyler is a little bitch. He thinks he needs to be asked to take care of the baby, but then throws Cate under the bus because she is feeling overwhelmed. PPD is no fun and neither is the first year of parenting. It's a great experience, but it isn't fun. I think Cate and Tyler need more boundaries with their parents. Butch needs to move out and Kim needs to call before popping by and throwing shade at Catelynn. I get her concerns, but unless she is actively offering help, she doesn't need to be there.

• Love 7

I have decided that the fighting between Farrah and her parents is her idea of a storyline. She has no relationship, they can't highlight her "career", so the only part of her life where they can stir up drama is fights with Debra and Michael. Everything is fake about their fighting, and their BS counseling session, at the end of which everything with Debra is just fine. I think they are all in on it together.

Oooh, good theory.  That would make sense, more sense than Deborah and Michael continually letting their daughter treat them like garbage while they try and pacify the absolute crazy dictator that is their daughter.   Also, judging by the Aftershow previews of Farrah being her charming and lovely self she has some sort of deal for a show about therapy with Deborah and herself - so this theory makes even more sense.  

And along those lines, I have a question that's been bugging me since the counselor scene with Abraham family though: Doesn't Farrah (and Michael) live in Austin and Deborah somewhere else like Seattle?    But the counselor was the same counselor Farrah was seeing alone and with Deborah way back when both lived in Council Bluffs.  So I was shocked to see her "called in" to referee an Abraham Family Brawl a.k.a. a Farrah beat down on her parents to Farrah's house in Austin.  

In fact, it was just the last episode that Farrah was back in her old hometown and so decided to pop in on her old counselor which is actually when this scene was probably filmed since it makes more sense that Michael would come to Council Bluffs than the counselor to Austin.   All of which makes me think this idea of a FAKE storyline is probably true. 

Did anyone else notice that?

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7

When maci pulls her hair up in one of those bagel buns, she looks like a lightbulb. 

I damn near spit out my tea when I read this. I can't stop laughing at this perfect comparison. 10/10

I feel bad for poor Nova in all of this, and no sympathy for her shitty parents. They dump her with grandparents 2-3 nights a week and do nothing all day every day. How can a baby be "Hyper"? She's a damn baby. I wouldn't leave my child with April if my life depended on it. The amount of secondhand smoke that baby is being exposed to.... God help her lungs. 

• Love 3

I just thought about something that pissed me off. When Kim and Tyler were having their little Cate bashing talk. If Tyler agreed with his mother, why didn't he talk to his WIFE about it before? Quit running to your mother to talk shit about Cate and instead, TALK TO CATE. He had absolutely no problem with Nova being out of the house every so often until Kim brought it up and suddenly it's "oh yeah, I have been thinking something's off..." Quit trying to make yourself look good to mommy, dude.

• Love 7

I need to catch up on the whole thread, but I just wanted to say... Writing vows makes Tyler a good writer!? They were nice (I'm still not convinced they were completely original, but for the love, he has known Catelynn for 10 YEARS, they have been engaged on/off for a good chunk of that... If he couldn't pull something meaningful out I would have been concerned. He has had roughly 5+ years to write those vows, they better be good. If he wants to put the work in to be a writer I'm not going to begrudge him that, I know I went through a few careers in my early 20's trying to find a good fit (although in my own defense they were all loosely related I went from teacher to child life specialist to nurse), but being a writer is work, you don't just crank out a couple of paragraphs and call it a day, any writer who is any good puts a lot of hours, hard work, reflection into their writing... He has had 1 book, that was marginal at best, that likely only sold because of teen mom, but that isn't going to carry him in a serious writing career.

• Love 3

Butch is working, you guys! He puts pics of the fences he built up on Instagram, and he seems very proud of them, as well he should be! you *go*, Butch!!

(make of that what you will *cough*tyler*cough*)

Even with the major obstacle of having an extensive criminal history, Butch managed to find himself a day job while Tyler just sits around all day, not even helping with his child...how embarrassing! Edited by FlowerofCarnage
  • Love 14

I can see why Tyler thinks he can not only write a book but "be a writer" [without ever actually reading a book] because first he watched Amber, Kailyn, Maci andFarrah all get book deals and then he and Cate "wrote" one as well.  I honestly don't think he understands this is just capitalizing on the fame and actual writers and editors do all the writing, lol.     

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 6

If he and Amber get married, can she be legally responsible (financially speaking) for his debt or child support? Amber, girl, you can't be that dumb. Call off the wedding. Get answers. Figure things out. You're only 23. There's no rush.

I can only speak for California law. The answer is no. Only under extreme circumstances is it counted towards child support, but that is extremely under rare circumstances. Depends what Indiana law is about this, but generally there are only those circumstances where a step-parent's income is considered for child support. I don't see that happening to Amber. As it is, she must ensure she is putting a certain amount of money in Leah's trust fund each time she receives an MTV check.

Didn't Amber mention something about having money issues in a recent episode?

Also, judging by the Aftershow previews of Farrah being her charming and lovely self she has some sort of deal for a show about therapy with Deborah and herself - so this theory makes even more sense.

Wasn't that the Couples Therapy show on VH-1?

When maci pulls her hair up in one of those bagel buns, she looks like a lightbulb.

She looks like she has a damn gear shift on her head.

That hairstyle also shows how much forehead she has going on and highlights those fugly gauges she wears. I swear, when I look at Maci I believe that the guys she has attracted have only been because they were high or drunk. Or both.

"How I Get on PTV'rs Nerves by Acting like an Asshole"

YES! lol

We all need to write a damn book together.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3

Oooh, good theory.  That would make sense, more sense than Deborah and Michael continually letting their daughter treat them like garbage while they try and pacify the absolute crazy dictator that is their daughter.   Also, judging by the Aftershow previews of Farrah being her charming and lovely self she has some sort of deal for a show about therapy with Deborah and herself - so this theory makes even more sense.  

And along those lines, I have a question that's been bugging me since the counselor scene with Abraham family though: Doesn't Farrah (and Michael) live in Austin and Deborah somewhere else like Seattle?    But the counselor was the same counselor Farrah was seeing alone and with Deborah way back when both lived in Council Bluffs.  So I was shocked to see her "called in" to referee an Abraham Family Brawl a.k.a. a Farrah beat down on her parents to Farrah's house in Austin.  

In fact, it was just the last episode that Farrah was back in her old hometown and so decided to pop in on her old counselor which is actually when this scene was probably filmed since it makes more sense that Michael would come to Council Bluffs than the counselor to Austin.   All of which makes me think this idea of a FAKE storyline is probably true.

Good catch. I co-sign the fake storyline theory 100%. As a long-time Housewives fan, I can say with reality tv certainty that storyline is everything. As poetlicensed said, Farrah has nothing else in her life to showcase. She's not in school, she has no bf, no friends, no job or co-workers (that she will admit to), and no goals in life that she's working towards except for making lots of money. But again, she's doing that through porn, and won't admit it or show it. So she's stuck with her parents as her only storyline choice, and they (Deb especially) are only too happy to help out. Remember, this is a girl who conned a show called "Couple's Therapy" to cast and film her even though she wasn't part of a couple! There's no length she won't go to do tv show after tv show, and the producers and networks are just as culpable.

• Love 5

As it is, she must ensure she is putting a certain amount of money in Leah's trust fund each time she receives an MTV check.

Really? How do you know this? I'm not doubting you, I've just never heard of this, and it sounds to me like it might be illegal. Or is it an arrangement she made with Gary separate from MTV? I'm curious.

No, that was a few years ago when she faked having a bf, and he couldn't go through with it at the last minute, but they cast her anyway. I think the new show is centered on mother-daughter relationships, and features Kim Richards (from RHOBH) and her youngest daughter Kimberly, as well as other reality tv vets. Farrah and her mom didn't make the cut, so it looks like MTV won this particular battle.

• Love 2

Am I the only one who is creeped out when Debra calls Farrah "baby"? It just sounds creepy as hell to me.

You're not alone, the tone is creepy, and does she have to say it 5-6 times per each couple of sentences? Why is she still calling her baby at all???

Why does Farrah think watching her demon is some prize that people have to be worthy of? If I were her parents I would have told her to fuck off and find somebody else to watch the kid (for free) while she's on her"business trip to the UK".

Yes! as if it's such an honor to care for her, and have to abide by her mother's wishes, let's all sign up for that gig!

Did Kim really call Nova "it"? She said something like "you don't have the baby as much as you should have it".

She is not the most lovey dovey grandmother, I doubt she cares very much about the baby anyway, they probably prompted her to come over and get Tyler off his ass.

Does anybody on this show know proper grammar? The incorrect usage of doesn't/don't and the double negatives from everybody drives me crazy.

"You got nothing to say? you gonna say nothing?" UGH!!!

Edited to say that I think Gary did the right thing in regards to Amber. He consulted his attorney first to see how he should handle it and from what the attorney said, Gary has said good things to her about Amber. She mentioned that Gary had said Amber was doing well and that Leah enjoyed her time with Amber.

Gary also looked genuinely concerned when he was speaking to his lawyer.

• Love 1

Really? How do you know this? I'm not doubting you, I've just never heard of this, and it sounds to me like it might be illegal. Or is it an arrangement she made with Gary separate from MTV? I'm curious.

Amber was court-ordered to have a trust account back when she got in trouble for that time she hit Gary in front of Leah and CPS was called on her. There were several articles about the trust fund and other issues going on with Amber at that time. Here is one article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2097336/Teen-Moms-Amber-Portwood-prison-jumpsuit-shackles.html

It reads as though she only needs to make sure $10k is all she needs to have in the trust account.

• Love 1

I don't understand Cate eating her damn fingers off all day long, she must not have any nails left!

On top of that, she scratches the hell out of her head constantly...what is that about? now I can't help but think she's got lice or something, bleghhhhh!!

There is no need for Nova to be with April (of all people) 2-3 times a week, when all Cate and Sugar Pants Ty do is sit on their butts all day.

Why is Farrah on this show? she adds nothing like another poster stated, she has no story line, she's vile and seeing her "raise" that little girl to be just as bad, or worse is painful.

Are Michael and Debra divorced?

• Love 4
What pissed me off about Tyler agreeing to help more and then telling Catelynn she needs to ask him for help is that he is putting the responsibility on her to ask for help instead of using his own judgement.

This made me mad, too. They are both Nova's parents, and both equally responsible for her care. Tyler seems to view himself as an on-call assistant/babysitter rather than a father. It is not Cate's job to ask him to help and tell him what to do. He doesn't seem to have bonded with Nova yet if that's how he views their relationship.

I also think Cate should not so quickly dismiss "I do not have post partum!" because she has experience with depression. Post partum issues can manifest themselves in a bunch of different ways. It doesn't necessarily look like traditional clinical depression, rarely does. Also I think the way she is so adamant about it is furthering the stigma around it. Why can't she just say, "I don't think I have this, but I can talk to my doctor at my next appointment and see what s/he thinks."

• Love 2

Nova was at April's house and the next day there were still half full baby bottles on a table. Yuck

And is it just me, or did one of those bottles look like it was full of Mountain Dew? Ok, it was probably juice.. But don't people know by now that you shouldn't be giving kids juice in bottles? Especially a child under a year old?

I had such hope for those two back in the 16 and Pregnant days.

Edited by esmetv

Amber was court-ordered to have a trust account back when she got in trouble for that time she hit Gary in front of Leah and CPS was called on her. There were several articles about the trust fund and other issues going on with Amber at that time. Here is one article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2097336/Teen-Moms-Amber-Portwood-prison-jumpsuit-shackles.html

It reads as though she only needs to make sure $10k is all she needs to have in the trust account.

Thanks. I should have known that it was the court system, and not MTV or Gary, who ordered this stipulation. I wish it were true for all the Teen Moms and their kids! Thanks for the link, too.

• Love 1

Catelyn was channeling her Mother this entire episode.  So defensive and MEAN.  Girls needs to get to the GYM and work off some of that anger.  I am not convinced she has ppd, I think she was so invested in How Great She and Ty Were For Giving Up Carly that instead of growing up and using the time without responsibilities to make something of herself, she just mooned over Ty and now that's she's "Living the Dream"....it's not so wonderful.   I find her incredibly lazy and insecure.  She spends all her time watching over Ty.  Really?  You have a BABY that needs you to be watching over her...hows about you do THAT?  Her biting her nails...eating the stuff she picked off her face....ugh....and LAYING AROUND at the Therapists office was just so hard to watch. 

Ty is disingenuous in his "I wonder what is wrong with Cate?" attitude.  He doesn't want to help out -- even Butch was on the floor with Nova.....comeon.  Dude needs to quite making up arguments why he would hate to have a job, and Man Up and just get one. This show has made him feel like he's "too good' to work at any ole job.  Years ago, he was going to work behind the camera....then something else...now, a Writer.  Even he had the grace to mention how writing is a hobby (for him) and that maybe he should think of something else?  I am just surprised he didn't say Male Model.  

I would feel sorry for Amber but every time I see her I can't help seeing her PUSH GARY.....she gets what she gets with Matt.  Leah is the one who we should all feel sad for.  I don't think Gary likes Amber in that way, he just doesn't want a creep around Leah....and he wants to be a bit of a Know It All.  Who can blame him with his history with Amber?  She had his manhood in her purse for a long time there.

Farrah is horrid and Sophia sure looks like Derek.   

Maci looks ill.  Good for Ryyyhan in stepping up and having some personality.  Troubling that Maci Lit Up so much when Ry picked up Jayde, but then again, Jayde's Dad is not into her, so whatever.....  I kept confusing Chelsea's Baby Daddy with Ry.....and kept thinking "He looks like he lost weight."  Oops.  

• Love 6

Maybe Butch can get Tyler a job building fences with him. I'm sure they go to different properties and build different looking fences, so it won't be all exactly the same everyday. (Which seriously, fuck off Tyler. That's life. And you're doing the same shit most days just like the rest of us - except your days are spent lazing around on your couch on social media while Catelynn, April or Butch parent your child day after day after day.) I think Catelynn should find a little part-time job to get out and interact with people who aren't Tyler and let Tyler do all of the parenting on his own (yeah, I know Tyler would enlist Butch and April to do it for him). If I spent day after day around Tyler while he did nothing while I did all the the work of parenting our kid, I'd be depressed too. I'd probably be looking for a few breaks from parenting too. But man, leaving a baby with April for more than a few hours or MAYBE an occasional overnight? No way. And never with Butch!

When I heard Catelynn's voiceover say "Butch is watching Nova" (while they went to therapy), I basically said aloud "Carly wins! I hope she sees this one day and realizes how lucky she was. She'll never be babysat by Butch!" (Poor Nova. Don't get me wrong, I think Butch is an entertaining "character" on this boring ass show, but I'm pretty sure he's a shit person, was a shit dad, and should not be trusted to watch a child.)

Also, getting in the shallow pool for just a minute..... Tyler has a very small head compared to his upper body. The way he was sitting in the chair at their house when Kim was questioning him about what he wants to do made it look even smaller. Like a pinhead. Catelynn, you may think you're lucky to be overweight and have thin Tyler. But really, Pinhead Douchey Batman Tyler is lucky to have you.

Maci and Farrah bore me to tears. I posted in Amber's thread about the Matt situation so I won't repost here.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 5

And another thing, can these girls stop with the constant "BooBoo" "Booger" "BooBear". Ugh, it's grating. Move them out of the crib and into the next phase of childhood. Yeesh.

Actually, my youngest daughter is 22 and I still call her Boo boo to this day and she likes it. Now mind you I don't sing song it to her because that's just nauseating. My late father gave her the nickname when she was a year old and it's a cherished term of endearment between her and I, of course YMMV.

I normally can not stand Gary, but he is clearly in the right here, Matt is a scumbag.

Why are half of these people forever sitting on a damn couch? No one ever cleans, cooks, makes a bed or dusts anything?

Edited by missbonnie
  • Love 3

If he [Matt] and Amber get married, can she be legally responsible (financially speaking) for his debt or child support? Amber, girl, you can't be that dumb. Call off the wedding. Get answers. Figure things out. You're only 23. There's no rush.

I can only speak for California law. The answer is no. Only under extreme circumstances is it counted towards child support, but that is extremely under rare circumstances. Depends what Indiana law is about this, but generally there are only those circumstances where a step-parent's income is considered for child support. I don't see that happening to Amber. As it is, she must ensure she is putting a certain amount of money in Leah's trust fund each time she receives an MTV check.

And even that has only been true for about 20 years; before that a new spouse's income could be considered in child support since California is a community property state.  They had to pass a law to specifically stop it.  

In Washington State, a new spouse's income is excluded when calculating child support. but it can be considered under certain circumstances, like if the parent  becomes voluntarily unemployed, like Matt.  The modifications are on a case by case basis when either the custodial parent petitions for a review or the other parent requests a reduction.  

No, that was a few years ago when she faked having a bf, and he couldn't go through with it at the last minute, but they cast her anyway. I think the new show is centered on mother-daughter relationships, and features Kim Richards (from RHOBH) and her youngest daughter Kimberly, as well as other reality tv vets. Farrah and her mom didn't make the cut, so it looks like MTV won this particular battle.

I guess it really does take a certain amount of delusion to go on a show about couples without being part of one, lol.  I wonder if it was the same imaginary boyfriend she pretended did the porn tape with her but then "leaked" it?  Except he was a well know porn star and the tape was professionally produced by the same people that offered Amber money to do one, lol. 

Thanks for the info about this new therapy show.   In this situation, I'm on MTV's side and it cracks me up that they have probably used the worst of the tape they got from her this season.   One day Farrah isn't going to get her way by demanding it and I cannot wait to hear about it here. 

Edited by Cosmocrush

1. Technically, April is co-parenting Nova. Isn't a 3/4 split what Leah and Corey have now?

2. Ryan said, "I'm so high" and laughed in the scene where he was playing darts....right before they went outside to eat.

3. Tyler also seemed to be on something when he was eating out with his mom; he could hardly form a sentence, his words were garbled, he made some strange sounds in lieu of words and he was grinding his teeth.

(I feel like Mr. Hand on Fast Times at Ridgemont High....EVERYONE is on dope, lol)

4.Sophia complaining to Farrah that grandpa is boring sonetimes; so, like her mother, she is already expecting others are to be at her beck and call, entertaining her/fulfilling all her whims? Wonderful.

• Love 3