Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Lucifer, Stay. Good Devil.

Tara Ariano

Did not know Jeremy Davies was going to be guesting.  Maybe it's become I'm in the middle of my Justified rewatch, but kept seeing him as Dickie Bennett.  Granted, he pretty much had the same hair and look, plus it's not that far-fetched to believe Dickie would become a paparazzi in another life.  But I totally spotted Robert Ri'chard in the opening shot, so I figured he was going to be the actual killer.

I hope they don't drag Chloe questioning who Lucifer is for too long.  I can understand that is a huge leap to believe that someone is truly the Son of Darkness/King of the Underworld, but she is already seeing enough crazy shit, to not believe something funky is going on.

Still find myself more interested in Lucifer's conflict with Amenadiel, then I am the procedural stuff.  Also, Mazikeen/bar lady is totally going to end up betraying him or going after Chloe, if he keeps playing hero, right?

I'll keep watching for now, since there are some decent lines, Tom Ellis is bringing the devilish charm, and he and Lauren German's interactions are entertaining enough.

I'm still liking this despite (or possibly because of) the ridiculous premise.  It was cool to see Jeremy Davies again.  I'm getting a touch tired of the whole Hit Tub High School bit and fear it's going to be a running gag.  I do kind of like the reversal of the usual "secret identity" stuff where Lucifer is completely open about who and what he is while Chloe is essentially struggling with her own disbelief.  I also like Lucifer using Amenadiel's time-slowing power to avert the murder he'd set in motion.

I kind of want Chloe's resistance to Lucifer's powers to be reasonable but not world-shifting.  Like, she's descended/blessed by/from an angel but not she's Jesus' secret lovechild or somesuch.

• Love 5

Done with Chloe not believing him. For once, just want the other lead to take a leap of faith and believe.

Didn't care about the case honestly.

More intrigued in the Angel politics, and. Miaze is the right name right? Yeah, at some point, she's gonna betray Lucifer. Just toss out the procedural part and focus on the angel politics and.. don't know what else. 

• Love 3

What I like least is Lucifer's interest in Chloe because I find her such a bland character. It just irritates me that he finds her fascinating (even if the basis is her resistance to him). Since this is apparently a long running theme of the show and I'm already annoyed by it, its a problem for me. I still like Lucifer, the therapist, the Angel and Maize, so not all is lost.

• Love 7

I'll give it one more try, but I don't think I'll watch this.  Lucifer as a character is totally lame and not devilish in the least - even Dickie Bennett (Jeremy Davies) was able to resist his power. Chloe's daughter looks very familiar, but is just way too precocious for me.  I don't know, the show just doesn't seem to have any charm or wit, although I think the actual acting is fine.  Maybe it needs more DB? 

• Love 3

Enjoyed this one. Liked Lucy calling his brother, simply to stop time and pluck the bullet out of the air. Nice touch!

The promo has him saying he's an offical consultant for the LAPD, but I think that line was missing.

The common trope is that the female lead character isn't falling for the handsome mans' charms (but eventually captulates), but what I DO like as a bit of a twist, is, as Chloe is learning more and more about Lucifer, she's not learning the good things, she's learning the bad. I like that she's getting little hints and realizations that he's actually quite sinister.

Yeah, Maize is gonna abandon Lucifer, or go off on her own, and there is going to be a showdown. Won't be good.

Liked his scenes with Dr. Linda. Yes, she is using Lucifer in a way, but also seems ot be taking the shrink sessions seriously. And it's giving him pause for thought.

Tom Ellis could be the "Most Charming Man in the World" (with respect, Dos Equis Man)

• Love 3

The case was kind of boring. Last week's was definitely stronger. I hope Hottub Highscool isn't brought up in every episode, or even next week's, we get it. It was a cheap laugh sure but I got a kick out of Lucifer's grabbing the doll and "uh, fetch" reaction to Trixie. I liked the beginning scene of Lucifer and that preacher guy on the street the best, followed by the Rachel Harris scene.

I wonder if we'll find out if it was seeing Lucifer's face is what made Jimmy insane or if Lucifer actually messed with his mind.

What, exactly is Maize expecting Lucifer to do? She's acting like they had some kind of plan that Lucifer isn't following through on, like they came for a reason other than to get away, yet I don't think they did have a specific agenda.

• Love 1

Miaze is the right name right? Yeah, at some point, she's gonna betray Lucifer. 

"Mazikeen", actually, although apparently they decided to give her a cutesy nickname. Along with butchering everything else about her character. Like they couldn't even give her the mask? The idea of Mazikeen "sassing" Lucifer? Ugh. 

But I'm still kinda charmed by Lucifer, on his own merits and disregarding the comic version.

• Love 3

What, exactly is Maize expecting Lucifer to do? She's acting like they had some kind of plan that Lucifer isn't following through on, like they came for a reason other than to get away, yet I don't think they did have a specific agenda.

Lucifer is/was the Lord of Hell until he defied God's apparent command, abandoned Hell and went to L.A.  Mazikeen followed him, placing her faith in him and the idea that this was the start of some grand, glorious thing like usurping God's throne through a second war in heaven.  Instead Lucifer's been fucking starlets and running a nightclub for the last five years.  Now he's messing around playing detective with some upjumped monkey best known for showing her tits in a hot tube movie?  Like, serious, I left a commanding position in Hell for this shit?  WTF, boss?!

She was expecting some brilliant, diabolical master plan worthy of the Prince of Darkness.  Now it's slowly dawning on her that Lucifer really does plan to just fritter away his immortality "Fighting crime" among the humans and holy fuck I backed the wrong horse.

• Love 14

I liked the first episode but something felt off about this one. The pacing was weird.

I am enjoying the adult humor. Having a character start to explain what an Eiffel Tower is was not something I ever would have expected.

While I can buy that Lauren German has the looks to get into an LA nightclub, I doubt they'd let her in while she's wearing a pantsuit and her arm is in a sling. So either she flashed her badge or the bouncer recognized her. Undercover work is evidently not her specialty.

Why did she get the call about that case anyhow? And who called her? Her ex told her she wasn't supposed to be there so it couldn't have been him.

Did my eyes deceive me or did we discover the devil is omnisexual in this episode? And British. For no readily apparent reason the devil is British.

• Love 1

Did my eyes deceive me or did we discover the devil is omnisexual in this episode? And British. For no readily apparent reason the devil is British.

That was fun. I guess when you're the devil you're not hung up about genders. 

This case was kind of dull though. 

• Love 2

Yes, I did notice that "Devil's Threesome". Heh. While Lucy has chosen a male persona, and over two eps we've been shown he clearly likes the ladies, I like that they've hinted he's…inclusive. It would be great if he, at some point, found some guy rather dishy and/or seduced a man in the pursuit of solving a case.

And speaking of cases, I sure hope they start to move away from the procedural COTW and more towards exploring the politics of heaven/hell and Lucy's existential angst. They don't have to drop case solving entirely but it will get tired fast.

And, I have a time question. They've said Lucifer left Hell 5 years ago. But only now DB Angel is trying to get him to come back? Does this have to do with time slowing when he shows up? I'm not good with timey wimey stuff.

• Love 2

Lucifer is a riot. I really like how the writers use the angle that real evil is temptation, hereby stating that people have free will; and also the angle of his love for punishment, too (it makes me think of post-chip Spike).

It's never easy for an actor to play the straight man, and even less for an actress to play the straight woman imo. But I think that Lauren German does good in the role. I like Chloe, and I liked that she was allowed to relax around her ex and her daughter. Hopefully, she'll soon stop being on her guard all the time with Lucifer, too.

I also like how they're equally puzzled by each other, and have the same curiosity  about what they don't understand.

And I can't believe I love a kid on a TV show, but I do love Trixie.

My problem with the case of the week is that they tried to give it more dramatic resonance than it had. It's horrible to have your privacy invaded in a moment of grief like it happened to Chloe, but the way the writing was selling it, I expected that the paparazzo had something to do with her father's death in itself.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 8

That was a pleasant surprise. I suspect it was mainly to set up the "What? It's called a Devil's threesome for a reason!" joke, but kudos to the writers for going there. (And you know there's no way the woman was the center of attention with Lucifer in the mix!)

Another high point was Lucifer's reaction to Trixie hugging him, and throwing her doll for her to fetch. I love that he basically reacts to her as if she were an affectionate but stinky alley cat.

Conversely, I am really not thrilled with the effects house's depiction of Lucifer's demonic face when they show flashes of it. People, Fantasy Island managed to make Roddy McDowall's Devil look more impressive with a stage light, some dry ice fog, and horns glued to his forehead back in 1980.

• Love 8

I'll give it one more try, but I don't think I'll watch this.  Lucifer as a character is totally lame and not devilish in the least - even Dickie Bennett (Jeremy Davies) was able to resist his power. Chloe's daughter looks very familiar, but is just way too precocious for me.  I don't know, the show just doesn't seem to have any charm or wit, although I think the actual acting is fine.  Maybe it needs more DB? 

Her one big credit is playing one of the kids in Daddy's Home with Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg

Lucifer is a riot. I really like how the writers use the angle that real evil is temptation, hereby stating that people have free will; and also the angle of his love for punishment, too (it makes me think of post-chip Spike).

It's never easy for an actor to play the straight man, and even less for an actress to play the straight woman imo. But I think that Lauren German does good in the role. I like Chloe, and I liked that she was allowed to relax around her ex and her daughter. Hopefully, she'll soon stop being on her guard all the time with Lucifer, too.

I also like how they're equally puzzled by each other, and have the same curiosity  about what they don't understand.

And I can't believe I love a kid on a TV show, but I do love Trixie.

My problem with the case of the week is that they tried to give it more dramatic resonance than it had. It's horrible to have your privacy invaded in a moment of grief like it happened to Chloe, but the way the writing was selling it, I expected that the paparazzo had something to do with her father's death in itself.

I love Trixie too.  She's great that she's smart but still very seven.  I like that she messes with Lucifer just by liking him.  I suspect that someone will try to threaten or harm Trixie to get to Chloe.  I look forward to Lucifer dropping that Shithammer of Hell onto that unfortunate person's head.  Repeatedly.

• Love 11

I liked the first episode but something felt off about this one. The pacing was weird.

Lucifer simply cracks me up. The character alone could have a one man show and I would be entertained.  I do sort of wish this was on pay cable so he could be more evil. I have to say I like the lady cop and the sort of --first being charmed and then starting to have serious doubts that he is telling the truth -- but, I have to wonder, how long can this go on? And I do worry what might be the reason she would be immune to him and I also worry it might be lame. I also agree, one of the more interesting parts is the non earthly struggle and I hope that heats up.

• Love 5

I personally understand why the devil would chose a British accent. Lucifer is all about charming and seduction, and yeah, there are not many accents out there more charming than the British one. So, yeah, I have absolutely no trouble with that. It's part of the image he build himself. 

• Love 12

I actually liked the case because it echo'ed Nightcrawler, Network, I think playing on those kinds of themes (how tempting it is to do wrong things), folds nicely into the bigger existential questions Luci is trying to suss out.

I continue to adore Trixie vexing Lucifer with her childish adoration and affection. I also don't mind that it is taking more than two episodes for Chloe to fully embrace he's immortal and the Devil, I'm sure like Rachel Weiz in Constantine she'll eventually be revealed to play some role in the Angel - God Devil business and will accept him for what he is. I also love that Rachel Harris is all "I'll work within your metaphor" Hee.

Tom Ellis continues to be absurdly ridiculously entertaining, and I liked that we also got to see a bit of his dark side with his glowy eys at Maiz. I actually did like the initial glimpses of his demon face, but the full blown reveal to the Preacher was a bit of a let down. 

• Love 5

That wasn't Maze in bed with Luci when he woke up, was it? All we saw was the back of a dark-haired woman. I suppose Maze's resentment may have reached the tipping point after five years of bartending, but it seems like jealousy is also in play. Which, yawn. Luci for sure wasn't having any of her lip, except that she was not at all fazed by his demon face. Another existential dilemma for Luci: how to live the life of a louche rake but still expect other beings to quail before his might.

I enjoyed the throwaway line when Luci went to Chloe's house and his first remark was wondering how she could afford it. Expensive residences beyond the means of TV characters, indeed. I guess we should be prepared for Chloe's mother to turn up at some point and, inevitably, be attracted to Luci.

• Love 2

I'm still liking this despite (or possibly because of) the ridiculous premise.  It was cool to see Jeremy Davies again.  I'm getting a touch tired of the whole Hit Tub High School bit and fear it's going to be a running gag.  I do kind of like the reversal of the usual "secret identity" stuff where Lucifer is completely open about who and what he is while Chloe is essentially struggling with her own disbelief.  I also like Lucifer using Amenadiel's time-slowing power to avert the murder he'd set in motion.

I kind of want Chloe's resistance to Lucifer's powers to be reasonable but not world-shifting.  Like, she's descended/blessed by/from an angel but not she's Jesus' secret lovechild or some such.

Ditto in the regards that I want to see a flashback of Chloe being blessed or is a descended of someone biblical other than Jesus (maybe Mary Magdalene?) so that is the reasoning she is resistant to Lucifer's charms.  And they tell us soon.

I am enjoying the fact that Lucifer isn't all evil.  That there is grey in him and I am hoping that they bring an angel sent from God and show that there is grey areas there too.  

I hope Chloe accepts the fact that Lucifer is who he says he is.  Get rid of references to Hot Tub High (i rather like the fact that she is a kid from a famous actress than someone who bared it for some crappy film) and get rid of Amenadiel.  I disliked him in Buffy as Principal Wood and I dislike him in this show as well.

• Love 2

Loving this show! Didn't think I would but Tom Ellis makes it work, if Fox screws it up, I think this could fit nicely on Netflix with Daredevil and Jessica Jones. I think they are dumbinb down the existential crisis thing and not going as dark as they could, but network TV always underestimates viewers. When will they learn. 

I did find Lucifer's reactions to Trixie kind of funny. Big Bad Angel all unsure on what to do with a kid who hugs him. She however is not a dog, Lucy, don't try to play fetch with her.

Seriously, they need to ditch the cop stuff, and just have it about what's going on with the Angels. And Lucifer needs to watch his back. I can see Mazikeen teaming up with his brother (I have no idea how to spell it) to toss him back to his "Rightful Place." If they HAVE to have Chloe in there, rewrite her role as an unknown descendant of an Angel and a Human, or something to that nature. 

I can honestly see if Lucifer's refusal to go back to Hell get turned into another Angel War. 

I do like the fact that he had a threesome and it wasn't just with two women. I hope it's not just a gag. But knowing Fox...

Right now I'm trying to resist liking this, because it's on FOX and the last time I liked something on FOX it was Sleepy Hollow and they've turned that show to shit... 

Edited by AshleyLyn
  • Love 1

This show gives me whiplash.  

Some of it is really subtle and strong and draws me in, then parts of it is just so juvenile and puerile that I cringe.

But to speak to one of the positives, which is Lucifer and Trixie.  It may be deliberate or a happy accident (seriously with these writers I just can't tell) but Lucifer being unable to figure out how to deal with Trixie is an interesting and imo subtle nod to the idea that he's probably had almost 0 contract with children while in Hell or at least extremely minimal contact.

I don't want to go too far into the "born without sin/born sinners" theological debate, but I just had that thought as part of the reason why he's all "Urk I don't know what to do with you small human type I've never had much interaction with what are you????"

• Love 6

That is a good point. The show itself has Lucifer characterizing Hell as a place of just punishment for evildoers rather than bringing up ideas of Christian salvation, so I'd imagine any children who have ended up there were atypically short on the innocence that most gradeschool aged kids have.

If the show follows the source material's characterization Mazikeen is not merely in love with Lucifer but literally worships him. I don't think she would betray him, although she might do things against his wishes in order to get him acting more like his old self.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 1

I continue to love the show even as the procedural formula sort of weighs the show down somewhat.

Tom is fabulous in the role of this devil with menial social finesse. I think his performance is the joy and pain of this show in that he shines as Lucifer but is stuck in and we have to wade through trite and mundane plots. The episode seem to stall at times as if in an effort to fill the hour because of a thin story. The inability of the devil to catch some fleeing photographer is one example of this stretch time theory of mine. He has powers right? I get it, the mystery can't be solved within the first 15 minutes of the show. My wish then, is that if the prototype of the show is that it must establish a police procedural as the main element then please can we have a good, interesting and exciting script?

And yet, I found myself laughing a lot, because..well, there were some funny moments. Those analytical sessions comes to mind--smoking pot with the police nearby. Though the show is mostly fun, I like the potentiality that Lucifer can, at anytime go off the rails. We got a glimpse of that darkness and was at once reminded that although he may be in control of the 'face' he chooses to wear daily, when he needs to be deliciously dark, he may not have as much control as he seemed to struggle in the scene with Mazikeen. I'm hoping that more often than not he's able to show us that other side. BTW his devil's mask or face reminded me of Balthazar of Charmed.

I actually like the relationship between Chloe and Lucifer and LOL at any interaction between him and Trixie.

• Love 6

I need to go back over the Vertigo comics but as I remember, in them Lucifer was just so bored with everything human/earth he couldn't be arsed to do anything that required his powers.  That was the explanation for why half the time stuff happened around him and he was just like "whatever."  Kinda like a bored older sibling watching toddlers careen around on the playground.

Having Lucifer being engaged and curious by all the police stuff, makes for better TV watching but I agree they need to address why he's not using his own angelic abilities in some of these situations or appears ineffective in others.  He really should NOT have had to call his 'brother' down to slow time, he should be able to do that (or something equivalent)himself but didn't and we've already discussed why his mojo seemed spotty in the pilot.

That said, I personally liked the way they chose to give the audience a hint of what Luci could do, when he wants to be sinister, in checking in with Jimmy.  Personally I'm betting Luci did more than just show his true face, because he says something like "we're going to talk..." and he was pretty annoyed.  Also Jimmy is seriously messed  up now!  

Also I'm looking forward to next week with him putting some guy through a window with what looks like very little effort.  So maybe we'll be getting to see more and more of what's going on with his abilities as the series progresses?

I was hoping to add this show to my list of must-sees, but I turned the channel before it was even half-way through this episode. So Lucifer makes people say and do things they are thinking. Whoa ... Scarey (NOT). So the lady cop doesn't fall for your schtick ... get over it. I'm just not that into you, Lucifer, so your mind-meld isn't working on me, either. 

Plus I HATE British accents and people who have them, so for me that's a good choice for how the Devil should speak. However, it doesn't make me like this show. Well, that, and am I the only one who doesn't find the lead actor even remotely attractive? It's all a depressing lose-lose for me. *sad face*

Ahhhhh!  This Show is growing on me and it's all because I like Lucifer's interactions with Chloe.  I am amused that Lucifer always told her what he is and she never, ever believes him.  Lucifer never lies to people about who he really is, yet no one believes him truly.  

I see Lucifer is starting to show more of his dark side now.  I liked how he scared the phony preacher at the beginning of the Show and how he freaked out the paparazzi idiots.  I'm intrigued by the beautiful angel with the wings.  I think Lucifer's bartender secretly has the hots for him but she is pissed off at Lucifer at the moment because he's changing.

Chloe is a little bland when she's not around Lucifer.  I'm still trying to get into her character but I think I like that little girl of hers more than Chloe.  I know that Chloe was a one time starlet in "The Hot Tub Time Machine" movie but I find it hard to believe that all the guys were so excited about her showing off her boobs considering her bosom doesn't look too big to me.  I think Chloe is starting to realize that Lucifer Morningstar, her new "partner", may be demonic after all when the guy she was talking to went nuts and tried to smash his head against the glass pane.

The case of this week involving the paparazzi was ok.  I didn't find anything really that exciting about it except that the guy that played the dead young man's actor father is from "Days of our Lives".

This Show has a lot of charm and I hope it gets better.  So far I am enjoying the performances more than the criminal cases.

• Love 2

Oh I liked the beginning with the Dooms Day Preacher. He seriously screwed up that guy's head didn't he? I couldn't quite tell if he was offended or annoyed or what he felt towards him, but when he showed him true features I think he got pissed near the end of that interaction.

• Love 4

The 2nd episode.  Was pretty good.

You notice how easy she able to fake Lucifer out.  First she acted like she was all hot for him.  She was just checking to see if he had on body armor on.  And then she give him a slap when he wanted to feel new things.  Did the same fake out in the first episode.  I like how ready she can fake and how easy he believes it.  She a good actress and he not so good at reading people without his powers.   

Why does he always call the police woman detective and not her name?  (Is that a Batman reference?)

Why do you think the devil cant use his powers on the detective?

You think it something big or something small?

The name of the movie Chole was in was:  Hot Tub High School

http://lucifer.wikia.com/wiki/Chloe_Dancer

Edited by gwhh
  • Love 1

The problem is this is network tv so discussions on heaven and hell will probably be topographical only. Lucifer is a little too roguish for me. Plus asking everyone what their hearts desire is will get old real fast.

I don't know. If this was cable I'd expect more but a Fox show I am not expecting more the a cop show with the e roguish devil taking the wheel.

I loved Lucifer trying to get the little girl to "fetch." The good/evil-redemption/punishment theme is intriguing, as well as getting a glimpse of "bad" people's actual motivations. I get the impression that Lucifer himself is undergoing a sort of redemption. Remember, being put in charge of hell was his punishment, his hell. Of course, if he's not "down there" meting out torment, that sets Abrahamic religion on its ear. Thought-provoking on many levels, and witty. I like it.

Edited by Bobbin
  • Love 7

Ahhhhh!  This Show is growing on me and it's all because I like Lucifer's interactions with Chloe.  I am amused that Lucifer always told her what he is and she never, ever believes him.  Lucifer never lies to people about who he really is, yet no one believes him truly.  

The case of this week involving the paparazzi was ok.  I didn't find anything really that exciting about it except that the guy that played the dead young man's actor father is from "Days of our Lives".

Oh, he's on Days now? Heh, I cringed when I saw his name in the credits from knowing his unfortunate stint on General Hospital, and was so relieved it was a short scene!

I too like that Lucifer isn't just not hiding who he is but openly flaunting it as much as he can. It's different (and amusing.)  But, if he really wants to be believed can't he just show Chloe or Dr. Linda his face? Or just randomly start shooting himself repeatedly in front of a non-dying Chloe (or Linda) to show he supernaturally can't be hurt. 

Still generic, but fun. Tom Ellis makes the show for me, too bad Chloe's not interesting enough to quite work. His interestiin her comes as more tell than show. I don't hate her though. But they really should have chem-tested them more.

I think there's a chance the show could become better... I mean, just look at Limitless, never thought it could become so enjoyable after the lackluster beginning. So I'm willing to wait. Also, it doesn't take itself too seriously, which is a big plus in my book.

Edited by FurryFury

Ditto in the regards that I want to see a flashback of Chloe being blessed or is a descended of someone biblical other than Jesus (maybe Mary Magdalene?) so that is the reasoning she is resistant to Lucifer's charms.  And they tell us soon.

That is actually the last thing I want. Right now I just find her boring and clichéd. If they make her a predictably special snowflake I am guaranteed to loathe her. I hope the writers have something more original in store.

Edited by Ria
  • Love 4

I hope it's not anything special about Chloe herself, but that God decided now was the perfect time to immunize some random passerby against Lucifer's powers and intrigue him into thinking about somebody besides himself for a change.

Plus I HATE British accents and people who have them, so for me that's a good choice for how the Devil should speak. However, it doesn't make me like this show. Well, that, and am I the only one who doesn't find the lead actor even remotely attractive? It's all a depressing lose-lose for me. *sad face*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEStsLJZhzo

Oh I liked the beginning with the Dooms Day Preacher. He seriously screwed up that guy's head didn't he? I couldn't quite tell if he was offended or annoyed or what he felt towards him, but when he showed him true features I think he got pissed near the end of that interaction.

I think what offended him was the guy taking his name in vain. If he'd really been a crazy street preacher sincerely ranting about the Devil walking among us, I think Lucifer would have continued to be amused and maybe a little flattered by the attention.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 1

I hope it's not anything special about Chloe herself, but that God decided now was the perfect time to immunize some random passerby against Lucifer's powers and intrigue him into thinking about somebody besides himself for a change.

Oooh that would be interesting. I mean if I remember my Sunday School correct, (and um.. Supernatural) Lucifer didn't like humans? He thought they were essentially a waste of space and proved it by tempting them into sin. That they were flawed  and thought it wasn't right he had to bow to these flawed creatures and therefore had nothing but disdain for them. So perhaps God finally had enough with Lucifer and decided to just pick a human to be immune to Lucifer, so that Lucifer could look past the "filthy humans" view. 

Eh.. too much for the writers though. 

• Love 1

My personal theory on Chloe's immunity is that she's just to freaking bland to have any hidden desire, or any desire at all. Luci can't get her to spill something she doesn't actually feel. But more likely she is immune to him because she's just so much better than everyone else. I like the idea of her either being descended from another angel or something, or being a test Daddy is playing on his naughty little fallen angel.

I love all the parts of this show that aren't the procedural aspect. Love the therapy sessions, love the nightclub, Maiz the besotted demon underling, Wood the annoying time stopping angel. Love that Luci is having a midlife crisis, that he is questioning why he should be stuck running hell. Love the implications of a hell without the devil to run it.

There are a lot of great storylines this show could focus on but it's a procedural with a male and female lead so we're going to get the tired old, she isn't into him, he's moony over her, eventually she warms up to him after teasing him for years to the point no one really even cares anymore, then they may hook up but not until the show starts dropping in the ratings and they are desperate all while they fumble through solving cases that could have been solved much faster but it's an hour long drama so they have to stretch it out.

I hope the show proves me wrong, but given it's on Fox I'm not optimistic. The only good thing about Chloe is her daughter.

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 1

While I can buy that Lauren German has the looks to get into an LA nightclub, I doubt they'd let her in while she's wearing a pantsuit and her arm is in a sling. So either she flashed her badge or the bouncer recognized her. Undercover work is evidently not her specialty.

It's probably more "connections" that got her in more than anything else.  Lucifer likely predicted that she'd be back so he left instruction with his people to let her in with no fuss

• Love 1

Some of this show is really good, and some of it is extremely bland. It makes for confusing viewership. 

The female lead is extremely dull. I mean, shes alright, but nothing all that charismatic or special. The more Lucifer goes on about how special she is, the more obvious it is how dull she is. Her at her best is with her daughter, who really is very likable, as far as TV kids go. 

A Devils Three Way huh? That was...unexpected. A welcome development though. 

Case of the week reminded me a lot of that creepy movie Nightcrawler. Really good movie, but intense. I felt bad for the actors son, he seemed like a nice kid. I kept waiting for it to be revealed he was on drugs or something, but he really did just have bad luck. 

• Love 2