Type keyword(s) to search

Past Seasons Talk: 7 Seasons and Counting

Saw the infamous water skiing episode today. J'Chelle is a nutcase. Showing the knees is immodest? Maybe you should tell the girls that, with their short skirts and all.

Oh no, it's only *her* knees. They have the ability to defraud every straight man in America in MeChelle's eyes. {sarcasm intended}

Hmm...that's a tough one because we don't see her really interact with anyone other than Jim Bob, but I would have to say the Golden Child could be Josie.  I think her old fave was Josh until he left and cleaved.  Scapegoat kid?  Hmm...I have to think about it.

Well, maybe the Scapegoat kid is Jana.  She is the oldest girl and resident Cinderella.  When she and Jessa were going through some sisterly squabbles a few years back, Jana came to her mother for advise on how to deal with Jessa, and it was then that Michelle advised that she give Jessa her prized possession, a jewelry box. She did, and when Jana spoke about it years later, she was still upset about it--I think she even shed a tear.    Jana is the little workhorse of the family, and Michelle has allowed, and given her the responsibilities that should have been Michelle's. 

• Love 4

I watched the episode today where Jason /James (don't remember) fell down the hole/pit at the church they were visiting.

At the hospital I think it was the producer asked Mullet how Jason was doing. She answered in her smiley giggly voice "he's doing good." The frame before this they asked Jason how he felt & he said his jaw hurt bad & you could tell he was miserable & still shaken up. Poor kid - he also knocked out a tooth or two, cut his lip, & hurt his knee requiring crutches. But according to Mullet he's good. She should have said, "he's in pain but they gave him medicine, I'm sure he'll have a tough night & be sore tomorrow but kids bounce back quickly." This is her answer for everything - he or she is doing good. Same thing she said when Anna was writhing in pain during Michael's labor. I know she has to stay sweet & never say anything bad but at least be honest.

• Love 4

I don't think it's narccisim, but the Golden Child can often be the scapegoat child as well if that disorder is combined with bipolar or borderline personality disorder. Just a thought.

• Love 1

I see several references to Narcissism. As a daughter of a Narcissistic mother, I sorta see some traits. But a Narcissistic Mother always has a "Golden Child", one who can do no wrong. Who is that child? Who is the "scapegoat child" the one who can never do anything right?

Golden Child was Josh until he moved out and Josie came along; now that's Josie.

Scapegoat child I would say is Jackson.  Michelle shows no warmth or kindness interacting with him, called Jackson out as a pants-wetter on television and punishes him for things Johannah gets away with.  She also barely glanced at him when he was returned from being lost at the airport and was talking and laughing with the police officer, ignoring her crying son while his sister tried to calm him down.  Earlier in life, and maybe now as well, Jana does sound like a likely candidate, but she may have also just been so beaten down she did everything she was ordered to, so she just got the shit end of the stick every time.  The kids who don't complain always get the crap in life because it's easier on the parents to not have to listen to complaints.  (Speaking from experience here; not with parents - only child - but with teachers.)

Edited by WTFFF
  • Love 2
Earlier in life, and maybe now as well, Jana does sound like a likely candidate, but she may have also just been so beaten down she did everything she was ordered to, so she just got the shit end of the stick every time. The kids who don't complain always get the crap in life because it's easier on the parents to not have to listen to complaints.

Not to mention Jana complaining usually ended up getting her into trouble or costing her something like her jewelry box. I can see how after enough times of that Jana realizes nothing will ever change no matter what she says or does, she'll still be the one who does all the work, so what's the point in complaining.

I'm curious if Josh's lost of Golden Child status came from him moving out or the fact he married and his wife has baby after baby. We know Michelle hates anyone getting attention from her. The fact her son married meaning she would no longer have all of his attention or do anything everything she wants because she's his mother. Or the attention Josh and Anna receive from their wedding and each child they have. I mean, their wedding was filmed on tv, they learned the gender of their first born on the Today show, and each child since then has had a big over done reveal. Meaning more attention for Josh and Anna, less for Michelle. Not to mention the Golden child turned her into a grandmother. 

• Love 2

I've always kind of thought that for Michelle, her children are out of sight, out of mind, and she just kind of forgot about Josh once he moved out.  She didn't seem to miss her children at all when she spent all that time alone with Miracle Child in Little Rock.

• Love 1

re: Michelle and her defrauding knees at the lake. SHE is the one who brought attention to her (gasp!) bare knees. If she hadn't made TLC cover them up with a black bar, no one would have a) given a fuck b) noticed. But that giant black bar across her KNEES might have well been a flashing sign that said "LOOK AT ME!" I had never seen that episode before it aired the other day, so when that black bar was put up, I thought "OMG, Michelle's good china was showing! How embarrassing!" And then when they revealed they were covering up her bare knees, I nearly threw something at the television. She was wearing a fucking dress with leggings underneath for pete's sake...and she's worried about her pasty white knees showing and making her immodest? Bitch, please. 

The other thing that annoyed me about that lake day was that the pop up said it took Michelle 7 attempts to get on her feet on the wake board (or whatever it was called). How freaking boring for everyone else watching. I bet none of the kids got a try because their whole day was taken up with Look At Me Michelle.

• Love 3

I watched the European trip the other day since it's been about 3 years since they went. It was interesting to see Scotland, Ireland, England and Israel, that's for sure. But it's a shame how Jim Bob acted throughout the trip...first he questions a street performer about his faith (and looks taken aback when the man tells him he doesn't believe in God)...then trying to make the guards laugh over at the London Tower, I think it is? Ugh. Also, the entire family seemed to be poking fun at both the high tea and the country restaurant serving traditional English foods..they just seemed like a bunch of ignorant rednecks. In Israel, they ran into some fans..and I will say that Josh was very nice and polite to a Muslim women who recognized them, but Jim Bob just seemed dismissive and walked away.

Lastly, Jill and Michelle ended up staying an extra 6 days in Israel since Josie got sick with a respiratory illness and since she was still on oxygen, it was not safe for her to fly. I believe that the pediatrician from the hospital actually accompanied them home, in fact. Josie wasn't even 2 years old when they made this trip. Of course, for the first year of her being home from the hospital, Michelle went on and on about how no one was allowed to come near Josie, she was so fragile and delicate and had prematurely developed lungs...but just a couple months later, she's well enough to go on a 20 day tour around the world, in 4 countries and dragged through some places that didn't look particularly clean (the Jordan River was polluted and had rats swimming in it, and the market in Israel looked to be in a run down neighborhood...also, London was very crowded with all sorts of people, sick and healthy I'm sure..and the farm in Ireland had many animals they kids were all touching, too. It made no sense to bring Josie on that trip. 

• Love 3

Josie was supposed to be kept away from crowds and the like for the first two years of her life.  We all saw how that went.  God must be looking out for that kid, because her parents sure weren't.

OMG, Michelle's good china was showing! How embarrassing!

I've never heard that figure of speech before and I can't stop laughing.  I'm going to have to start using that.

But seriously, we'd seen her knees previously in that episode, later on in that episode, and I'm fairly sure in other unrelated episodes, so...first word "attention," second word "whore."

• Love 1

I was just thinking, the British/Israel trip was 3 years ago (in September) and the China/Japan one was 2 years ago? I never saw the China/Japan one but have it set up on my DVR to catch it this week. But since that time, we haven't seen the Duggars go on any big trips. Last fall, the big news then was Jessa courting Ben and then later on, Jill with Derrick. I guess with the older girls getting married and now having babies of their own, TLC won't be having the big trips for awhile. It must have cost a fortune to take the entire family, including grandma and cousin Amy to those countries. 

Caught an episode today from 2012 called, "Planning the Future".  J'ichelle and the oldest girls were invited to a speaking engagement at Cross Church for encouragement.  So, that meant that Jim Boob had to watch the 6 youngest.  All he did was try and do the little girls hair and get them dressed and then let them jump all over the couches.  He even asked Hannie to keep an eye on Jordan and Josie while he changed Jenny.  He kept waxing on about how when he and J'ichelle had the first six kids it was just him and her doing all the parenting (go figure) and that watching his youngest kids today reminded him of that time.   So J'ichelle had the five oldest girls with her at the speaking engagement and Jim Boob was watching Justin on down to Josie, so he had six. 

Well, I got so pissed off at Jim Boob for saying that ... why did he say that he remembers how hard it was with the first six?  He has had 11 kids since then.  So how did they get raised?  Oh yeah, Josh, Jana, JD and Jill had to start helping and as Jessa and JInger got older they had to help.  I'm sure as soon as Jessa and Jinger could start helping, Josh and JD were probably allowed to give up some of the childrearing since it wasn't really a "man's" jurisdiction.  (In one of the specials 14 Kids and Counting, they showed Josh having to try and calm down his buddy when he had to stay behind and take a nap, so I know he had to "buddy" just like his oldest sisters did.)

He kept saying how thankful he was to the older girls during this segment.  (Never thanked J'ichelle.)  And Jill did a talking head where she said that he often calls when he is left in charge and asks when they will be coming home. 

I turned the channel after watching that part because I just couldn't take all the lies JBoob and MrsJBoob tell to cover up the truth in how they "parented" 19 children.  They didn't do much at all after the first six. 

• Love 1

This disturbed me as well- I work in the medical field (I'm a respiratory therapist) and that made me sick to my stomach. She should have been relaying all info to the 911 operator -unless the mother was actually performing CPR, and it sounds like she wasn't...the child was doing everything that needed to be done. That scene....well, there are a lot more scenes that distress me, but THAT really disturbed me.

What makes it a million times worse...why was this TV fodder? This shouldn't be entertainment. Really, this shouldn't have been aired. If that were my child, I would fight tooth and nail NOT to air that, contract be damned...but she can put black bars over her knees....fu**k everything about that.

One of the episodes that really bothers me is the one where Josie goes into respiratory distress on her first release from the hospital, and Michelle had JILL making the 911 call. First off, the mother had spent MONTHS with this little baby and would have been the best person to explain what was happening to the person, and could have even been stayed on the line with the dispatcher so the EMTs would have been fully prepared the moment they stepped in.

Second, that is NOT the type of responsibility you pass on to your teenage daughter when you worry that your other daughter is dying. YOU, the mother, make that call, on the tiny chance so etching happens so your daughter doesn't feel it was her fault.

Reminds me of the miscarriage episode where Michelle wasn't really getting medical attention and to this day there isn't clear dating accuracy. But she told us that Jill was "monitoring" her as a sort of "midwife in training." You could see the utter devastation on Jill's face when she learned of the miscarriage, and if either Michelle or JB took to time to reassure her that this wasn't her fault, I don't remember that moment on camera.

I can't help but think Michelle needs someone to blame in these situations. It's pretty clear that their lives went off the deep end after the first miscarriage cAnd you know, it's not that I don't understand that. Misplaced grief is actually pretty human. But that she would place any of this on her DAUGHTER is pretty frightening to contemplate.

Oh....and yeah. The youngest child....she was a micro preemie? She should have NEVER been cleared to go overseas considering her fragile health. WTF? That's selfish, plain and simple. Mom should have stayed behind with Josie (that's her name, right?)....and JUST Michele, her bio mom...the "I delivered ALL of them" Michelle....if you delivered ALL of them, then RAISE them, bit**....

Edited by phoenix62
  • Love 3

I quit watching right after Josie was born. I couldn't even hate watch anymore! My first son was born just a few months after or either before Josie (I think) and he will be turning 5 next week. This latest season is the first I've tuned in since Josie's birth and I was shocked to see Josie, the same age as my son, acting like my two year old. In fact, I think my two year old has better verbal skills than she does! It really just breaks my heart for her.

I have kept up with the Duggars via message board and now, with the cooler weather I am able to stay inside and catch some of the afternoon re runs that air on TLC. I had heard about Michelle being pregnant again after Josie and these are the episodes that are airing now. How anyone with 19 kids, one of them being a "miracle" baby could proceed to conceive again is just beyond the pale IMO.

Watching an old episode as usual... Now the camera crew is taking Jedediah do a appt with a plastic surgeon because Jim Bob went and forgot he was supposed to take him!?! They shouldn't even have a house plant!

• Love 1

I'm watching the episode where they go to Space Camp. This family is totally unbelievable. They made a total mockery of themselves & the camp & if I were the Space Camp people, I would be really pissed. It showed them in the Space simulators- one was set up as Mission Control, another like the Shuttle. They decided not to follow the instructions & just went wild, hitting buttons Willy nilly, laughing & making a joke of the whole thing. Josh commented in his TH that the kids realized it was just another video game & they weren't really doing the real thing so they decided to "cut up & make jokes". He continued to say they didn't grasp what they were supposed to be doing. Boob laughed about it & called it Space Chaos. First I thought it was just the Howlers but one clip showed Anna sitting in a seat laughing along with the rest of them so the adults seemed to act as bad as the kids. There was an instructor in with them & in one shot she was trying to explain to one of them what he should be doing(over the screaming of the others). You could tell she knew it was useless & I'm sure she was ready to bail.

How disrespectful can they be? I don't think they realized how lucky they were to attend Space Camp in the first place. I'm sure there is a waiting list & it's costly to attend. My husband would give his eye teeth to go, especially if someone else is paying the bill. I'm sure they were given the royal treatment & then they ended up making a mockery of the Space simulator & just laughing about it. Even though it's a simulator, it still costs millions of dollars to build & maintain. They just don't have a clue. Even if it was just another game in the arcade, they shouldn't have acted this way. I'd love to know if they broke anything by how they acted.

IIRC, Amy & Josh Roloff went there in one of their episodes and had a great time. They went along with others in the program & didn't look like they were given the royal treatment as the Hee Haw Gang (another poster called the Duggars this & I love it) was given.

I'm sure space travel isn't included in the curriculum of the SOTDRT, so the kids didn't realize how special it is to go to Space Camp. But Boob & Mullet grew up with the whole space program, so I would have expected more out of him.

• Love 4

He kept waxing on about how when he and J'ichelle had the first six kids it was just him and her doing all the parenting (go figure) and that watching his youngest kids today reminded him of that time.

Fucking JimBob.  The asshole doesn't even realize that this is how it should have continued to be.  They're your children, not your daughters' - you and your useless wife should have been doing all of the parenting, all of the time!  And if it just couldn't be done with so many kids, well, you shouldn't have had so many!

Josh commented in his TH that the kids realized it was just another video game & they weren't really doing the real thing

To see space camp as "just another video game" shows both how entitled they are and how they have no grasp of the real world, or of what privilege is/how much they have.

And really, it's weird to me how these kids have no imagination whatsoever.  It's not the "real thing" (which you could think they'd have known going in because, well, duh), so it's boring, there's no point in doing it right, etc?  Most kids would be over the moon for that experience.  But any kind of play involving imagination beyond "house" seems to be beyond the Duggar kids' grasp.  It's so strange.

• Love 2

They have no imagination because an imagination is, hands down, the most dangerous thing a child can have in a Christian conservative world. It makes them question things. It makes them realize that there are other answers to things they are taught. It gives them a perspective that changes the world. The Prodigal son sins in the flesh. Those are always easy sins. An imaginative child sins in the mind because they can see the world beyond the control of a parent simply be closing her eyes. Because of that, it must be discouraged, even removed, at all costs.

Of all parts of this world, this is one of those aspects that saddens me most. Imagination, curiosity, exploration - all of these things are the things people like the Duggars fear most.

• Love 4

Of all parts of this world, this is one of those aspects that saddens me most. Imagination, curiosity, exploration - all of these things are the things people like the Duggars fear most.

It's like saying I will glorify god by not using the brain he gave me.

• Love 2

I've wondered if Jana is creative. We would have no way of knowing, but it might explain why they are so harsh in describing her when from our perspective her behavior is exemplary. It might also explain the rumors of depression, since creative, imaginative people who are denied the ability to use those gifts are at serious risk for depression.

They have no imagination because an imagination is, hands down, the most dangerous thing a child can have in a Christian conservative world. It makes them question things. It makes them realize that there are other answers to things they are taught. It gives them a perspective that changes the world. The Prodigal son sins in the flesh. Those are always easy sins. An imaginative child sins in the mind because they can see the world beyond the control of a parent simply be closing her eyes. Because of that, it must be discouraged, even removed, at all costs.

Beautifully said, GEML. And this is why, I think, so many conservative Christians have an all-or-nothing approach to the arts: either it's an explicitly Christian movie/show/book/song, or it's completely godless and must be eschewed completely. I'm not in a position to claim that every single piece of art out there is pleasing to God, but I do think that our ability to appreciate and make art is God-given. People who don't get that are living sad and colorless lives, I think. 

• Love 1

GEML-thanks for the explanation of the No Imagination thing & thanks too for all your posts giving us an insider's view. They explain a lot about the Duggars.

How sad it is they can't think with an imagination. Haven't all our teacher's (from little up) started a lesson with "imagine you are a turtle..." or "imagine what it would be like living during the Depression" etc.? Even in Sunday school, lessons were taught with "imagine if you were an Apostle...." to get our minds going. I remember watching a movie series in elementary school (many, many moons ago) called "You are There". They were narrated by Walter Conkrite & put us in the middle of historical events. We thought they were great & learned from them, by imagining ourselves being there.

Edited by Barb23

I'm totally 12, but I am watching the one where josh and anna are packing up to move to DC, and Anna just said "the vibrator does not go in the truck" in reference to where things are packed. I know she was talking about a baby vibrating seat... But I still laughed.

I just giggled like I haven't in years. It reminded me of about age - oh - 12?  Thank you.

• Love 2

Just what I was thinking -- but more artfully phrased than I could have done it.

Even when you see the kids engaging in creative activities -- like painting or photography or videos -- there is nothing creative there. It's either about Jesus or about family. There isn't even any children's art on the refrigerator.

• Love 1

You'd think even imagining you were an Apostle would be ok, wouldn't you? But if you did that, you might come up with a question or an idea that hasn't been thought out and answered. So better not to risk it. It's part of the reason why even SUNDAY SCHOOL curriculum is considered "too dangerous" by many of these subcultures.

• Love 1

There isn't even any children's art on the refrigerator.

That is a really good point I never even thought about. I've had art from kids on my fridge for at least 20 years and I don't even HAVE kids. It's been from various relatives, autistic kids I did therapy with, my little sis, my niece, and the neighbor kids who think we're 'cool.' How do you have 19 kids and however many grandkids (I've lost count) and no artwork? Maybe Crayola can step up with a sponsorship, or love offering, or whatever they call it.

• Love 1

That is one of the saddest and most frightening things I've ever read. Your insights have been very helpful to me in understanding this family.

• Love 1

I'm watching the episode where they go to Space Camp. This family is totally unbelievable. They made a total mockery of themselves & the camp & if I were the Space Camp people, I would be really pissed. It showed them in the Space simulators- one was set up as Mission Control, another like the Shuttle. They decided not to follow the instructions & just went wild, hitting buttons Willy nilly, laughing & making a joke of the whole thing. Josh commented in his TH that the kids realized it was just another video game & they weren't really doing the real thing so they decided to "cut up & make jokes". He continued to say they didn't grasp what they were supposed to be doing. Boob laughed about it & called it Space Chaos. First I thought it was just the Howlers but one clip showed Anna sitting in a seat laughing along with the rest of them so the adults seemed to act as bad as the kids. There was an instructor in with them & in one shot she was trying to explain to one of them what he should be doing(over the screaming of the others). You could tell she knew it was useless & I'm sure she was ready to bail.

How disrespectful can they be? I don't think they realized how lucky they were to attend Space Camp in the first place. I'm sure there is a waiting list & it's costly to attend. My husband would give his eye teeth to go, especially if someone else is paying the bill. I'm sure they were given the royal treatment & then they ended up making a mockery of the Space simulator & just laughing about it. Even though it's a simulator, it still costs millions of dollars to build & maintain. They just don't have a clue. Even if it was just another game in the arcade, they shouldn't have acted this way. I'd love to know if they broke anything by how they acted.

IIRC, Amy & Josh Roloff went there in one of their episodes and had a great time. They went along with others in the program & didn't look like they were given the royal treatment as the Hee Haw Gang (another poster called the Duggars this & I love it) was given.

I'm sure space travel isn't included in the curriculum of the SOTDRT, so the kids didn't realize how special it is to go to Space Camp. But Boob & Mullet grew up with the whole space program, so I would have expected more out of him.

I completely agree they were running around like crazed hyenas. And when Josh was talking about them treating it like a video game... I thought they didn't play video games?

• Love 1

So the kids can't believe in Santa or the toothfairy? Way to suck out every aspect of your kids childhoods

There isn't even any children's art on the refrigerator.

What's really weird about that is that Jeremiah wants to be an artist and is pretty talented at drawing. 

We've seen children's drawings on the show a couple of times.  ONCE for a brief period there was a drawing of the TTH taped to a door somewhere in the house.  I paused on it to see if anyone had written a name on it, because it was pretty well done for a little kid.  I assume it was Jer's, but I can't remember.

During their stay at Cornish House, they taped up papers (and oh did I cringe; the paint must have been wrecked) all over the walls with things written and drawn on them.  Mostly written.  The only "art" I could make out was, I shit you not, the Chick-Fil-A logo.  Which is basically also just writing.

This season, they have colorful sayings written out on paper taped the cabinets and the fridge.  All of them about Jesus and Satan and "character," of course.  These people are nothing if not predictable.

Closeups of them can be found here, because seriously, you'll blink and miss them on the show but they're really worth looking at.

(I always wished I could go into set design, and I love looking at the personal details of peoples' homes.  The Duggar house fascinates me by how utterly BORING its interior is.  Their idea of art is 900 paintings of Jesus or bland landscapes.  Plus all that folksy hillbilly crap in the kitchen and Hobby Lobby junk on every surface.  It's like a parody if itself.)

These are literally the only "kid art" touches we've been shown on the house.  We've seen some coloring pages and activity book pages lying around the house and on Anna's fridge, but never anything that shows creativity beyond coloring in, cutting out, taping together, connecting the dots, etc.  The most outside the box we ever got was a drawing of Josh driving a truck (he posted it on IG - one of the kids drew it for him, I think it was Jackson, and it's actually darn adorable) or Jason's "scientific" drawing of the solar system.  Which, to give him props for, did not have God lurking in the upper corner like a fundie version of a smiling sun. 

• Love 4

I love the "iniquity" sign; everyone in that household is doing MICHELLE'S will, aren't they? Where is she not doing her own will? It clearly is for everyone else to serve her. I still put the question out there and I get NO responses to this: Who does Michelle serve in her family and every day life? What services does she provide for her children and family? Where is her servant's heart towards her household? I see her children and mother in law serving HER. Someone, who knows the answer fails to respond...I wonder if it's because she doesn't serve anyone; if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck.......

• Love 3

I know plenty of families who don't celebrate Christmas. At all. Let alone Santa Claus. I grew up in a house with no Santa Claus because "that would be a lie and we would never deliberately lie to you."

That whole - openly charting her periods thing - grosses me out so much. How in God's name is that any normal family's idea of normal? Aargh!

I'm fairly new to the Duggar thing, I was really hoping that was a joke.....

I was watching an older episode today- Josie was about 1, I think. JBob was taking the kids to clean out yet another property. Jill was left home in charge of the "littles". Michelle had a previously - made appointment. So she said. I can imagine Michelle would do anything rather than be stuck at home with the young kids without the help of the J'slaves. She probably was sitting at Starbucks, reading a book.

She might very well have been at Starbucks, but no way was she reading a book - LOL.

• Love 1

re: Michelle and her defrauding knees at the lake. SHE is the one who brought attention to her (gasp!) bare knees. If she hadn't made TLC cover them up with a black bar, no one would have a) given a fuck b) noticed. But that giant black bar across her KNEES might have well been a flashing sign that said "LOOK AT ME!" I had never seen that episode before it aired the other day, so when that black bar was put up, I thought "OMG, Michelle's good china was showing! How embarrassing!" And then when they revealed they were covering up her bare knees, I nearly threw something at the television. She was wearing a fucking dress with leggings underneath for pete's sake...and she's worried about her pasty white knees showing and making her immodest? Bitch, please. 

The other thing that annoyed me about that lake day was that the pop up said it took Michelle 7 attempts to get on her feet on the wake board (or whatever it was called). How freaking boring for everyone else watching. I bet none of the kids got a try because their whole day was taken up with Look At Me Michelle.

How could it NOT be narcissism with Michelle?  Everything with her - all the time - is "look at me..."  Whether passively or directly, she wants all the attention directed at her. She wants all things her way, even to the point of it being detrimental to the lives of her own children. She's so narcissistic she claims to be willing to die in childbirth if it meant adding another child to the Duggar roster.

I suspect a lot of them secretly enjoyed watching Michelle bite it over and over.  

• Love 4

What was the big deal over her wanting her knees blacked out? They were showing in earlier scenes when she was on the jet ski with Boob, anyway..I guess she missed that one.

Oh yeah, whever they Duggars have any work to do that Daddy found for them, if you notice, MIchelle is NEVER present...she was at Jill and Derick's moving in party, but I never saw her even carry a couch cushion in...Josie did that. She's a very lazy woman who is given permission somehow there, to be pampered and served by everyone in her household, including Grandma. Shame on Jim Bob...Michelle should be doing Grandma's laundry for HER at this point...also, how can Michelle preach about this "servants' heart crap" when she doesn't do any serving herself to her own family? Hypocrite, lazy and entitled immature woman.

Why would any woman "post" something so personal as her female cycle on the refrigerator? What do her sons think about that I wonder, and how can that remotely be modest of her? Certainly not... and it also blows out of the water, yet again, how they leave it up to God..I don't know why Jim Bob doesn't use a condom to regulate children, especially at this late stage of Michelle's reproductive life, as a child now would most likely not be the healthiest, if born at term. I don't think condoms cause abortions, do you? Certainly not, and if they leave it up to God, no condom would stop God if He willed conception. I'd like for Jim Bob to respond to that scenario. With condoms they could still enjoy "sweet fellowship" without a lot of risk saddling Jana with yet another child to raise, and perhaps one with special needs..for Michelle certainly wouldn't last with that responsibility after nursing is over.

That whole - openly charting her periods thing - grosses me out so much. How in God's name is that any normal family's idea of normal? Aargh!

We've all been commenting how gross Boob was about announcing a pregnancy in Jill & Derick's bedroom. Most of us laughed that our fathers still thought their daughters were virgins even tho we've had children. When I was growing up, I didn't even want to think my parents had sex, except to conceive me, my sister, & brother. But Boob & Mullet throw it in their kids faces all the time. On the episode where they announce #20, Boob rambled on with that goofy grin on his face, that "he & Momma weren't even sure they would be able to have another child." Even tho it wasn't said I was expecting him to add "but we've really been going at it to make sure it happened." And then the calendar thing --didn't one of the girl's, probably Jill, say something on the Today Show when they announced a pregnancy about them watching the calendar? I know we've mentioned before about what J'Slave gets to change the sheets on the Bed of Sweet Fellowship? JUST YUCK!!!
  • Love 2

Even if they are against condoms, following natural family planning when she is NOT fertile would be the wise thing. Trying to get pg purposely at her age is irresponsible to say the least- you are risking miscarriage or disabilities.

• Love 1

The David and Priscilla wedding episode was on the other morning.  I watched a little of it, and it still drives me absolutely crazy that Michelle and Boob went on ahead to Florida to "help".  And it was stated that Jana's job was to get the rest packed and bring them to Florida.  Why the heck is that Jana's "job"?  We all know that Boob and Michelle do nothing, and we have a teenager getting all these kids ready to go?!?!?!? Then she asked them to match socks and we have a boy that should certainly know better climb up on the table with his SHOES on, and dump out a basket of socks, then a bunch of others climbed up to help.  WTH?  Dump the socks out on the floor, and let them all sort them.  Then we have Jill struggling to get them all through the airport, little kids watching smaller kids and pushing strollers.  I guess it's not going to happen with a film crew nearby, but kids get hurt or go missing all the time because another kid is supposed to be "watching" them.

As for the wedding itself, I just can't.  I had to turn that off.  Pris is so simple, and David is so fabulous, and I didn't need to see the Smuggars giving marriage advice and sucking face in front of the guests.  Ugh, this show!

• Love 2

What was the big deal over her wanting her knees blacked out? They were showing in earlier scenes when she was on the jet ski with Boob, anyway..I guess she missed that one.

Oh yeah, whever they Duggars have any work to do that Daddy found for them, if you notice, MIchelle is NEVER present...she was at Jill and Derick's moving in party, but I never saw her even carry a couch cushion in...Josie did that. She's a very lazy woman who is given permission somehow there, to be pampered and served by everyone in her household, including Grandma. Shame on Jim Bob...Michelle should be doing Grandma's laundry for HER at this point...also, how can Michelle preach about this "servants' heart crap" when she doesn't do any serving herself to her own family? Hypocrite, lazy and entitled immature woman.

Why would any woman "post" something so personal as her female cycle on the refrigerator? What do her sons think about that I wonder, and how can that remotely be modest of her? Certainly not... and it also blows out of the water, yet again, how they leave it up to God..I don't know why Jim Bob doesn't use a condom to regulate children, especially at this late stage of Michelle's reproductive life, as a child now would most likely not be the healthiest, if born at term. I don't think condoms cause abortions, do you? Certainly not, and if they leave it up to God, no condom would stop God if He willed conception. I'd like for Jim Bob to respond to that scenario. With condoms they could still enjoy "sweet fellowship" without a lot of risk saddling Jana with yet another child to raise, and perhaps one with special needs..for Michelle certainly wouldn't last with that responsibility after nursing is over.

They would probably come up with some lame excuse like they did birth control. Commons causes miscarriage or spilling his seed. And if God is the creator of everything then he created condoms and birth control for use. Just like he created iPhones and macbook that the Duggars use

The David and Priscilla wedding episode was on the other morning. I watched a little of it, and it still drives me absolutely crazy that Michelle and Boob went on ahead to Florida to "help". And it was stated that Jana's job was to get the rest packed and bring them to Florida. Why the heck is that Jana's "job"? We all know that Boob and Michelle do nothing, and we have a teenager getting all these kids ready to go?!?!?!? Then she asked them to match socks and we have a boy that should certainly know better climb up on the table with his SHOES on, and dump out a basket of socks, then a bunch of others climbed up to help. WTH? Dump the socks out on the floor, and let them all sort them. Then we have Jill struggling to get them all through the airport, little kids watching smaller kids and pushing strollers. I guess it's not going to happen with a film crew nearby, but kids get hurt or go missing all the time because another kid is supposed to be "watching" them.

As for the wedding itself, I just can't. I had to turn that off. Pris is so simple, and David is so fabulous, and I didn't need to see the Smuggars giving marriage advice and sucking face in front of the guests. Ugh, this show!

Why didn't one of the parents bring the kids to Florida? Just like why both parents shared a hotel room and the older girls had to share rooms with their siblings