Type keyword(s) to search

Past Seasons Talk: 7 Seasons and Counting

Just watching re-runs this morning. In this one, they have gone to New York to promote a book and do "mission work." From what I can tell, the mission work consists of posing with a black family as an FU Interwebs moment. Also, Boob asks an ice cream truck guy, "How much is it... for us?" I can only imagine that ice cream guy said, "Same as anyone else, asshole!" but that was edited out. I highly doubt that everyday New Yorkers are as impressed with JimBoob and his brood as Boob himself is. Then, they go on the subway, which is most definitely not running on Duggar time. And the ticket guy laughs when Boob asks for a discount. You ain't in Ar-Kansas any more, Toto.

• Love 2

Makes perfect sense that Gothard is talking about the dangers of higher education...he knows that anyone with a college degree isn't going to buy into his cult, so he keeps his people dumb and obedient.

Jill's husband to be has a college degree so there is one person who will possibly buying into his cult.  To be honest about it, I think Derick and Jill's relationship is a FU!!! moment to prove the Duggars do believe in higher education and someone outside the cult.  It will be interesting to see if she keeps up the midwife training or starts popping the babies out right and left.  Of course, she will only be allowed to deliver babies to parents who follow her beliefs.  I would not be surprise if JimBoob have to approve the parents to be she works with.

If the Duggars cared about Miracle Josie as much as they portray to on the show, they'd get her some real testing, and  have her live up to her highest potential.  Maybe she won't be a rocket scientist, but she still deserves to get the best education she can. As does any Duggar child. Do J'Chelle and Boob realize how much they're holding their kids back by "Teaching" them at the SOTDRT? They can do so much more, and it's sad that they aren't allowed to. Another thing that J'Chelle and Boob got to experience that their children never will.

• Love 1

If the Duggars cared about Miracle Josie as much as they portray to on the show, they'd get her some real testing, and  have her live up to her highest potential.  Maybe she won't be a rocket scientist, but she still deserves to get the best education she can. As does any Duggar child. Do J'Chelle and Boob realize how much they're holding their kids back by "Teaching" them at the SOTDRT? They can do so much more, and it's sad that they aren't allowed to. Another thing that J'Chelle and Boob got to experience that their children never will.

Most parents spend their lives sacrificing so their children will do greater things than they have. I'm convinced that Mullet & Boob don't want their children to have better than them and don't teach them to reach for the stars. Why? 1.) The kids doing better than they have will highlight their failures (they are insecure). They have a need to be seen as alpha & omega in those kids' eyes. 2.) Exposing them to a world where their are no limits would allow the kids to see something other than the bs they've been spoon feeding them, thus opening their eyes to how full of bs their parents are.; 3.) People who grow and expand are less likely to be controlled.

Just like the rest of the kiddos, Josie won't get the things she needs (therapies, etc.) because it's not about her. It's about them.

• Love 2

I read the preview of one of today's re-runs and it said that Michelle was going to demonstrate her homeschooling skills. No mention of what was going to take up the other 29 minutes and 30 seconds of the episode.

• Love 5

Mr.MattyMaty!

"Bi**** how big is your p*ssy!"

And one of the girls stealing a beer in her backpack!

That link was great! Though I thought the father character off, Jean was perfect!

• Love 2

Those Farm Kids videos! I see it's a series! haha  
I have 17 kids...give or take
G
oin' around with their hand "jobs"!

The only thing is, their big surprise is "We're Pregnant!" Don't Boob and Crispy Curls only say Expecting? Like Pregnant is a dirty word or something? I noticed Anna is really big on the Expecting word, too. I don't think I've ever heard them say Pregnant. 

Made the mistake of watching episode 1 of Kid Farm while eating breakfast.  I fortunately managed to redirect my spit-take away from my computer, but it was a close call.

In case you were wondering which line was the culprit:

"Sometimes my bones hurt."

I also love that the number of kids alternates between 17 and 18 through the whole thing.

And the deleted scenes!  Thanks for the heads up, bella!

"I'm pretty sure they're hoping their next child is born pregnant."

I wonder how J'Chelle will manage when Jill leaves. It's becoming more obvious how much work the J'Slaves do. I wonder if Jill and Derrick will move out of state. I hope they go as far away as possible. They deserve to live their own lives. 

• Love 2

I really think Queen J'Chelle will manage just fine.  They will hand out more "jurisdictions" and not really care how much work/parenting Joy and Jinger, et. el. do as long as J'Chelle gets her 30 minutes on the treadmill, mommy alone time, and can service J'Boob (my apologizes to those who were eating while reading that).

• Love 1

Originally posted by Ivy26:

I fantasize about driving a passenger van to one of their events and yelling "If you're over 18 and want freedom, GET IN!"  I'll come back later as the others age...

You and me both.  The sad part is that it will be very difficult for any of those kids to break free of the lifestyle they've been raised in since birth.  I hold out hope that the youngest children will have more freedom from the responsibility of helping raise siblings.  I have no problem with older siblings babysitting younger brothers and sisters, but the nearly single-handed raising of them should be a rarity and only in extreme circumstances, such as in a single parent home where the parent must work multiple jobs to make ends meet.

• Love 1

Whatever happened with Jana and Jill's midwifery schooling and careers?  Have we heard anything this season about it?   I knew Jana had admitted she wasn't "that" into it and I am sure Jill will need to give up completely now that she's engaged,  Nothing like the Duggars to shove the shattered dreams under the bus.  (literaly)

Edited by MrMattyMatt

I hope Jill at least finishes her program and gets licensed in AR.  She's already put so much work and time into it.  It would be good for her and good for her younger sisters to see at least someone in the house complete any post high school program.  I don't think Jana is all that into it either and I think it's fine for her stop any time. 

I was watching the rerun of David and Priscilla's wedding this morning, which led to some questions about the Keller family. I keep seeing posts on other sites about how the Kellers have disowned their children who left the fundie world (or at least went fundie lite), and yet they are all at the wedding. Even Suz! Had she already had her baby at that point?

I would think that if they had disowned their children (Daniel, Rebekah, and Suz), that they wouldn't be invited to any event particularly a wedding to Gothard's second in command. Does anyone know if the disowning is just speculation and not actually true? 

Maybe that's what she needs the 8920 sets of towels for on her wedding registry. 

Where are they registered?

I was watching the rerun of David and Priscilla's wedding this morning, which led to some questions about the Keller family. I keep seeing posts on other sites about how the Kellers have disowned their children who left the fundie world (or at least went fundie lite), and yet they are all at the wedding. Even Suz! Had she already had her baby at that point?

I would think that if they had disowned their children (Daniel, Rebekah, and Suz), that they wouldn't be invited to any event particularly a wedding to Gothard's second in command. Does anyone know if the disowning is just speculation and not actually true? 

Suzanne hadn't had the baby when that was filmed.

I don't think the Kellers "disowned" any of their children.  They've been seen with Suz after the baby.  I think the story began when Daniel was sort of disinvited from Thanksgiving - at the Duggars.  I think it was more than likely Jim Bob who was the root of the problem.  It's like so many of the other internet stories.  They begin with a little fact and then grow into something else. 

We'll probably never know the exact details, but it appeared to me that the Kellers invited all their children to Thanksgiving and then Jim Bob had a couple or two that he objected to having so the Kellers were put in the horrible spot of having to deliver that news. Sadly their son decided to vent his feelings on Facebook. I think his feelings were justified, but I don't think Facebook was a great idea.

We'll probably never know the exact details, but it appeared to me that the Kellers invited all their children to Thanksgiving and then Jim Bob had a couple or two that he objected to having so the Kellers were put in the horrible spot of having to deliver that news. Sadly their son decided to vent his feelings on Facebook. I think his feelings were justified, but I don't think Facebook was a great .

I agree. We will probably never know the nitty-gritty reasons behind the Thanksgiving invite list.  BUT, my.money is on the following situation.

Pa Keller, and the Keller family, had plans for Thanksgiving in Florida.  At the last minute, or as a production ploy, or both, the Duggars decide to host the Kellers for dinner since we need to show, for the hundredth time, that cooking for two or more huge families in that.commercial kitchen is easy peezy lemon squeeze for Jill and jana and Anna ('coz we all know Michelle doesn't do the bulk of the cooking).  There had probably been two or three episodes without on-screen, mega family, sweet, sweet fellowship.  ND WE CANT HAVE THAT, NOW, CAN WE?  

So, the Duggars invite the Kellers and then leave the Kellers with two options- blow off the invite and keep their original plan or see how many Kellers are willing to be on camera to promote the "Full quiver are fabulous" story line.  I wouldn't doubt it if Jim Bob suggested that the more mainstream Kellers not attend, but I also suspect TLC reimbursed some of the travel expenses and had them limit who could come. 

• Love 1

All I can say is- how very Christian of them to exclude members of their guests' family on a holiday. I'm so glad Jesus set such a great example of only "fellowshipping" with those exactly like him, family ties be damned. Good family values, Jim Bob. 

• Love 3

Wow way to go changing hearts and minds, Duggar.  You only associate yourselves with beliefs identical to your own, and you only break bread with those who live your lifestyle.  Maybe they don't understand that witnessing and professing require a recipient who can be converted.  Stick Jim Boob and his mission trips.

• Love 1

Let me get this straight -- the Kellers are hosting Thanksgiving.   They invite their own flesh and blood.   Boob - another invited guest - objects?   Sorry, the correct response to that is "So sorry you can't make it Boob."   The host decides who the guests are.   If the guests don't like other guests that then the objecting guest does not go.  That's called manners.  Which of course Boob severely lacks.

• Love 1

http://www.theknot.com/wedding/Jill-and-Derick/view/5387319763559245/42210465

The towels are on the BBB registry. I haven't looked at the other ones, there's probably more towels on those too. 

eta….not and on are 2 different things!

Wow!  Did anyone else get a weird vibe out of the fact that their registries are public (so ANYONE) can buy them a gift, but almost everything else is password protected?  If it's truly about keeping things private and special, or not blowing the televised surprises, then password protect all of it.  

• Love 2

Does anyone think that the Duggars will go out of their way to really help the Arkansas tornado victims? Or will it be more of their fame whoring the way they did in Louisville?

I was wondering the same.  Didn't Joe and John David go to some training camp (other than alert) to be first responders when there are tornado disasters?

I know some "second responders" who assist people once the National Guard et al have declared it safe for them to enter, and they have put word out that anyone self-deploying (i.e., not verified as being with an approved organization) will be arrested. As of yesterday, that was to apply for 3 days.

Any Duggars going into the area to help would have to be affiliated with such a group.

• Love 1

ANNOUNCEMENT:

The name of this thread has been changed to "Past Seasons Talk" to avoid confusion with other threads and standardize the naming convention across the site.

This is a place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the first 7 seasons of the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

Episodes from seasons 8 and 9 are parked in the Past Seasons subforum.  Please take specific talk about them there.

My DVR picked up some episodes I've never seen before. Does John David have a house?! Michelle's voiceover seemed vague, but something about if he cleared some land the bank owned, he was going to get a deal on some other property with a house on it. Did this deal actually go through? 

That blue house that was completely trashed looked like it had potential to be really nice! I'm hoping they held onto that one for one of the kids. 

Michelle really posses me off when they were dog sitting- she keeps telling the kids not to feed the dogs cheese, but rather than MAKE them stop, she stands right there and fusses over Josie. My blood was boiling! I make my 1 year old treat our pets nicer than those kids were, and they were old enough to know better.

And finally, Anna spending $119 at Once Upon a Child for thrift clothes was ridiculous. She did not appear to get that much stuff! I could get more than that at Target for the same price.

• Love 1
(edited)

Speaking of property, I saw an old episode yesterday where Grandma Mary has a large peice of property that has woods and bluffs on it.  I think Dim-Buld even said there is a house on it.  You could just tell he's waiting for Grandma to kick the bucket so it's all his - greedy bastard.

Edited by MrMattyMatt
  • Love 2

Watching the episode where the boys and girls switch juristictions.  J'chelle totally brainwashed her girls into thinking there are only gender specific roles. She denies it, but then says that she thinks they like doing the girl things because of their gender.  sigh.  JIm Bob actually seems to think his girls will really need to know what he is teaching them.

• Love 1

Speaking of property, I saw an old episode yesterday where Grandma Mary has a large peice of property that has woods and bluffs on it.  I think Dim-Buld even said there is a house on it.  You could just tell he's waiting for Grandma to kick the bucket so it's all his - greedy bastard.

If Mary is smart, she's left everything to Jim Bob's sister. 

• Love 3