Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: Judged

Of course, Cary had to be Alicia's attorney, and Alicia and Luca are probably going to join Lockhart Aggos because the writers haven't beat this poor dead horse of a story enough.  {face palm}

And a {double face palm} to Alicia answering her phone.  Just let her jump Jason already.

Glad Eli pointed out to Alicia that she did have a chance with Will, and it didn't work out.  This SL would be so much better, and would make more sense,  if the timeline had been different, and if it had played out a couple of years ago.

• Love 10

I am done with this show. It is so ruined compared to how it once was, and I just don't enjoy anything about it anymore, except for Alan Cumming.

Speaking of which, it is long overdue for Eli to have reminded Alicia that she and Will did in fact go on to have a relationship. A relationship in which Will told her about that call, and a relationship which Alicia ended of her own accord. Stop the self-flagellation, Eli. She doesn't deserve it.

I have never liked the tone that the show took toward Alicia as The Martyr, the Great Lawyer, and The World's Most Desirable Woman. At least she used to look better and be less obnoxious than now. Now it just feels unseemly that Jason would pass up such a lucrative opportunity because no one can resist the great Alicia.

JM's rotten attitude towards her colleagues has really infected so much of what we see play out in these tortured plots. And now, once more, a new configuration of Lockhart et al?

I miss the good old days, but I am moving past hate-watching and now just hating, so I am done.

• Love 13

I hate Alicia Florrick. I just despise her. She sued a judge and thought that would go okay? She's not only a hateful person, but she's dumb as a box of rocks. She acted like she had no idea about the voicemail, expect she found out about it back in season two and just never bothered to find out the exact words, even when she was together with Will. I know the writers don't care about continuity, but you can't take that attitude and then make a continuity issue a major plot point. Eli erase a voicemail and Alicia found out about it six months later, not six years later. 

And I'm not saying that every woman has to love motherhood, but when she was crying to Luca that she doesn't even like her kids, I really wanted her to stick her head in her oven. Grace has been nothing but helpful and resourceful all year. What could she possibly have done to end up on Alicia's shit list? 

I do like that Eli stood up for himself at the end. Despite her words, I'm certain that Alicia will continue to be a bitch to him. The only liar she ever forgives is Peter, after all. Even Zach, who lied to protect Nissa's privacy got less understanding than her cheating husband.

Maybe because the writers just don't care anymore, but what exactly was the resolution to Diane's case? Was I just too blind with rage to follow that, or was it not clear? 

• Love 16

I did not feel a thing during her so-called breakdown.  It was such a controlled, contrived terrible piece of acting.  

Shows have shelf lives - I always find it to be around 3 to 4 years and in just a handful of cases, a year or two longer when the writing remains high standard; this is now pure crap and it is like a hamster wheel - the same stupid story lines over and over - going to Lockhart/Gardner, leaving it, going back bla bla bla - it is not nearly as interesting as anyone there actually thinks it is.

And, ick to Jason's creepy smile.  What is that all about?  He uses it in every role he plays (the actor, not Jason, obviously)

• Love 18

Yeah the Alicia meltdown, was about 4-6 years too late. I always said that Alicia was drinking too much and was an alcoholic and I would always get jumped on in the forums for that opinion, but she just admitted it. She is clinically depressed. The acting during that scene, oy vey. That scene should have been with Kalinda, years ago. It's such a shame that the show has to be all Alicia, all the time. The show used to be really great. Now, it is just, whatever and it ain't good. 

• Love 13

I agree, that scene should've been with Kalinda. It made no sense with Lucca.

I don't know what it is about this show this season but it's like the soul has just been completely sucked out of it. There was nothing really ~wrong with the acting or dialogue of Alicia's breakdown scene, but I still felt absolutely nothing. This entire season I've felt absolutely nothing.

• Love 12

I feel like this episode was created so Julianna Margulies would have a tape to submit for consideration for the Emmys.

Jason is just wierd. What does "Even if I'm not fine, I'm fine mean?" He seems to have no emotions and exists just for Alicia to react to.

Remember when Diane used to take pro-bono cases instead of student newspaper cases? That was before everyone was so concerned about other actresses outshining Julianna.

Edited by Athena5217
  • Love 13

The Alicia breakdown just felt so hallow. I just do not care that much about Alicia anymore. And what did her kids do to her to deserve their mom not liking them anymore? Grace was basically running her law firm until Alicia made her quit. I get that Alicia was upset and ranting, but some on lady! Maybe there is a really good reason people don`t like you! 

Diane`s trial seemed weird. What kind of college shuts down their whole newspaper just because of one article? What kind of student body even cares that much about one editorial? 

So now Alicia and Luca join with everyone else. At least maybe this means Carey and Diane will have something decent to do. Kind of makes this who season kind of pointless though. 

• Love 8

I think if you can see the characters of Jason/Cary/Lucca as an amalgam of who the creaters saw as the Wil/Kalinda characters at this point in the show, you can see where they intended the story to go in their seven year plan. 

Second, I have an irrational hate now of the consent laws regarding when it is legal to record someone.  It was interesting the first time and the second time, after the Illinois law changed.  Now, it is like nails on a chalkboard to me that it comes up over and over.  I don't see it as a magic unicorn to be trotted out over and over like the creators do.

• Love 3

Two words - FULL CIRCLE.  So when does the next Will Gardner enter the picture, or is that Jason?

I think it's time to put this puppy to sleep.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 3

Diane`s trial seemed weird. What kind of college shuts down their whole newspaper just because of one article? What kind of student body even cares that much about one editorial? 

Honestly nothing about that surprised me, Universities and colleges are becoming places where the slightest "controversy" can get blown out of proportion and upset great swathes of people.

edit: and 2 seconds of googling found a similar case

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/free-speech-is-flunking-out-on-college-campuses/2015/10/22/124e7cd2-78f5-11e5-b9c1-f03c48c96ac2_story.html

Edited by MrWhyt
  • Love 6

I don't want Alicia to end up with anyone (cop out).  I would love, absolutely love, if in the final episode she literally ripped off her wig, let her real hair down and said "I am not The Good Wife, I am Alicia Florrick" and then walk away from Lockhart, Agos, Whoever & Everyone Else, and walk away from Peter and then walk to who knows what. Stop being a victim, stop being a martyr, just start being a real live human being. I could get behind that ending.

• Love 7

Isn't full circle Peter back in jail and Alicia starting over?

I didn't watch because I am done, but did Lucca mention going to counseling? Alicia's needed it for quite a while.

If you didn't watch you missed Cary offering Alicia a job. It's full circle for Alicia's career; i.e. starting over.

Yeah the Alicia meltdown, was about 4-6 years too late. I always said that Alicia was drinking too much and was an alcoholic and I would always get jumped on in the forums for that opinion, but she just admitted it. She is clinically depressed. The acting during that scene, oy vey. That scene should have been with Kalinda, years ago. It's such a shame that the show has to be all Alicia, all the time. The show used to be really great. Now, it is just, whatever and it ain't good.

I randomly tuned in tonight and happened to catch that moment at just the right time. THIS was the scene that I knew was coming the moment they killed off Will. I almost felt like all of us viewers had written that dialogue for Alicia ourselves. It felt like a Mike Drop moment. VOILA - we turned Alicia into an irredeemable depressed bitch who hates her life in spite of all that she's accomplished and continues to try to.

I appreciate the show calling a spade a spade, but it is exactly for those reasons that I do not watch the show anymore. They decided to doom Alicia to her fate and I just don't find it entertaining or satisfying.

• Love 2

Yeah the Alicia meltdown, was about 4-6 years too late. I always said that Alicia was drinking too much and was an alcoholic and I would always get jumped on in the forums for that opinion, but she just admitted it. She is clinically depressed. The acting during that scene, oy vey. That scene should have been with Kalinda, years ago.

You just out-concept-ed the writers, hands down, in your assertion that that scene should have occurred with Kalinda. That would have made sense, so in a way, it's clear why they never thought of it. Realistically though, how difficult would it have been to tape a long hugging/talking scene with a green screen!?

So now Lucca's some sort of sociopath (guess Jason passed the secret-sociopath baton) who likes no one and has no friends and can't stand any human, apparently, since that is the only thing left that's left to try to make Alicia sympathetic. This keeps haunting this show: either only trying to find "worse" people to stand her next to, or retconning characters to have been as bad or worse.

I did not feel a thing during her so-called breakdown.  It was such a controlled, contrived terrible piece of acting.

The writing took me out of the scene but quick. I barely had time to listen to Alicia's latest pity rant because I was too busy watching, slack-jawed, at Lucca's ripped-straight-from-the-script-of some awful rom-com's "...the one thing I can choose... all you have to say is 'I'm willing,'" nonsense. I mean, are they trying to bring it all back to maybe Alicia will learn to let a woman (of all people, since all women have done her wrong, of course) in and truly and finally trust someone? Please show, just stop.

And what did her kids do to her to deserve their mom not liking them anymore? Grace was basically running her law firm until Alicia made her quit.

Not invent Club W? Seriously though, I can only picture her doing anything other than accepting a lot of high-grade free labor from them if they were old enough to buy her alcohol, and keep it coming. I'm pretty sure her desired home would have wait staff and a hostess (and she needs a butler or maid to answer her damned door), an IT person, and an assistant.

The entire speech about how much she can't stand her life, well, it was just more of the: No one can have Alicia, but, anyone who leaves her is a vile, selfish monster. Alicia can't enjoy her life and therefore no one else had bette, either. I hate that it's just written aside that she actively squashes everyone else's potential happiness, whether it's a colleague and a job, her daughter and her interest in religion or guys, her son daring to have a girlfriend and being sexually active, Will moving on, Cary moving on, and Peter who is just never ever ever allowed to have sex with anyone because it reflects so terribly on her, but also ordered any real, adult, and loving relationship with a mature, intelligent woman be stopped immediately as well. And no divorce either, of course. She calls all of the miserable shots herself and wouldn't have it any other way.

So, they've just built an additional apartment set within JM's apartment or in one in her building, right? Because that hallway and front door of hers has officially had more screen time than 95% of the cast. It had better get an Emmy nom!

• Love 12

Ugh. Why do I keep hoping? Jason has better chemistry with Lucca, but whatever. The university storyline; waste of Diane, we've seen this before with Alicia v Martha, but again, whatever, at least we get to see Christine Baranski in more than one scene. And I suppose we should be grateful for Alicia's breakdown, since it was the first time we got any backstory on Lucca. Every time Alicia went into her fugue state in a professional setting I wanted to slap her upside the head. Alicia going back to Lockhart/Agos: <groan>. At least hopefully Eli will stop self-flagellating.

I don't care about the good wife anymore. What's going on with Peter? What's his next move? What would be considered an adequate third act for Peter Florrick (or maybe it's his fourth or fifth act already).

One bright spot: Lucca's wardrobe! That outfit in court, with the blue on black, and it fit perfectly, so gorgeous.

• Love 5

So no one's talking about fat loser lawyer telling us (in the most sexist and dismissive way) that Alicia isn't well-liked? And of course it's for nothing she actually did, but for garbage non-reasons that have to somehow do with Peter's job? Because the main character can't be in the wrong and apparently the only way to make Alicia sympathetic is to have every character hate her and be on some kind of vendetta to destroy her, for no reason. 

Also, Diane's plot was so boring. It felt like the writers did a find-replace of a hundred other cases they've written. They have such a ripe juicy target (that most of the organized progressive movement is dumb, and I say this as a Sanders supporter), but they couldn't even muster up the energy to have anyone in that plotline feel like an actual character instead of a collection of buzzwords and pop culture references. 

I don't care about Alicia and Jason. (They'll fall in love, whatever). I don't care about Alicia and Eli (it didn't really affect anything, they'll be friends again, whatever). I don't care if Alicia and/or Luca rejoin the Law Firm California. But it is starting to bug me how completely bizarre the show is about remembering that Peter exists. All these nobody lawyers and judges attack extra-hard because she's married to the most powerful man in the state, a man who has deep legal and political connections and no scruples about ethics? And Peter has no problem having his wife involved in any of this, even for optics? And Dipple's problem was that the Florrick name was poison after the vote-rigging scandal. What the hell does Peter dropping out of the primary have to do with any of that?

• Love 3

This was the worst episode ever.  I just had to log in to state that before heading off to dreamy land.  Seriously, using a completely frivolous lawsuit to propel the reunion story?  The entire lawsuit/malpractice story was ridiculous, not because the judge shouldn't be held accountable for his ridiculous bond court practices (and as someone who has been in arraignment court, any justification for the judge's obvious abuse of power is ridiculous), but the most OBVIOUS thing for Alicia to have done after being re-hired was simple.  File a motion to dismiss the case based on speedy trial (constitutional and statutory) violations.  It seems like the writers forgot the Alicia is actually "friends" with the current sitting State's Attorney, and after filing the motion, a visit from Alicia would almost definitely have gotten a stipulation to the motion.  Even if the writer's forgot that tidbit of a freaking full season story arc, what would happen is if the motion goes to hearing, and the judge rules against it because the stupid prior attorneys "consented" to the continuances by the State, then Alicia has ripe grounds for malpractice suits of her own against the prior attorneys.  Also, having the judge deny the motion to dismiss is where you have the grounds for the judge intentionally denying the client his civil rights.  Pretty much they couldn't show anything except that the judge was an asshole and was always rushing through the calendar, but by having on the record a very legitimate motion to dismiss that he chooses to ignore, then you have the basis of actual intentional denial of civil rights.  And as we ALL heard in the courtroom, there was no "consent" by the defense to a continuance, all that happened was the State asked for one, and it was granted.  And if they had the freaking court clerk's tapes, why not call the court clerk and ask her if she ever heard the term "tax" used by the judge?  This was, in my opinion, the worst written episode ever.  It was obvious just used to try to get JM's GG and Emmy tapes ready.  

Although kudos to the writers to the shout-outs about whether or not Alicia actually likes her kids and her obvious alcoholism.

Edited by HawaiiTVGuy
  • Love 12

Oh geez, little Miss Self-Righteous feeling ridiculously sorry for herself? She had sex with Will AFTER that whole Eli thing. If it's meant to be, it will be. otherwise, move on, girl!

• Love 9

It's like they expect us to forget entire years' worth of plot (her season with Will), just because they (writers) can't be bothered to remember. 

And the laws and suits they are exploring sound like they come out of "TV Law for Dummies," based on the Rule of Law from LA Law or Boston Legal. 

• Love 3

Look, I get being depressed and unhappy with your life and wondering about how differently your life could have turned out and what the point of everything is, but Alicia having this conversation with Luca while she's putting clothes in the dryer? Just no.

I was fine with Luca giving her a hug, but then to turn it into "I have no friends so I neeeeeeed you" was ridiculous. Good lord. It was like bad fan fiction.

The only good thing that happened this week was Eli finally remembered that Alicia and Will somehow managed to have a relationship after he deleted that message.

• Love 16

If you didn't watch you missed Cary offering Alicia a job. It's full circle for Alicia's career; i.e. starting over.

The show must've gone full circle at the beginning of season 5, halfway through season 6, the beginning of season 7 and the middle of season 7 then with this logic. The firm drama is so tired. These writers can't stick to anything for more than 10 episodes.

They need to put this show out of its misery. It's shockingly bad at this point.

• Love 4

To illustrate how vested I was in Alicia's big emotive scene, I was on Twitter!. I never used to watch this show and surf. Please kill this show this season, if only to save it from dying a Dexter-like death.

Somehow, it really feels like the show should either end with a simple black screen or with Alicia in flannel, glaring at the camera before she slinks off to log trees.

• Love 6

Of course, Cary had to be Alicia's attorney, and Alicia and Luca are probably going to join Lockhart Aggos because the writers haven't beat this poor dead horse of a story enough.  {face palm}

And a {double face palm} to Alicia answering her phone.  Just let her jump Jason already.

Amen to that !!AE6VH0Q.gif5Rjk0Jg.jpg

And I'm not saying that every woman has to love motherhood, but when she was crying to Luca that she doesn't even like her kids, I really wanted her to stick her head in her oven. Grace has been nothing but helpful and resourceful all year.

Maybe because the writers just don't care anymore.....

dcej4cn.jpg  If only !!   AND, finally... it's TRUE...XmY3MqQ.jpgm2Updf2.gifese37HP.gifZcjd9vm.gifbVgV61o.gif

• Love 3

Honestly nothing about that surprised me, Universities and colleges are becoming places where the slightest "controversy" can get blown out of proportion and upset great swathes of people.

edit: and 2 seconds of googling found a similar case

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/free-speech-is-flunking-out-on-college-campuses/2015/10/22/124e7cd2-78f5-11e5-b9c1-f03c48c96ac2_story.html

It's a very timely topic.  In the rush to offend no one, colleges are stomping on free speech rights.  College is not actually a place to feel 'safe' (except in the physical sense).  it's a place to expand your horizons and be exposed to many different viewpoints, whether you agree with them or not.  That's part of the learning curve.

Edited by Ilovemylabs
  • Love 14

vibeology, um, I love you?  I loved your whole post every word of it.  I would have quoted you but just consider that entire long post quoted.

meisje:  So now Lucca's some sort of sociopath (guess Jason passed the secret-sociopath baton) who likes no one and has no friends and can't stand any human, apparently, since that is the only thing left that's left to try to make Alicia sympathetic. This keeps haunting this show: either only trying to find "worse" people to stand her next to, or retconning characters to have been as bad or worse.

Yeah, uh, where the fuck did that come from?  So far in the short time we've seen her Luca has got along fine with Alicia and Jason (and Cary? I forget) and she fucked that singer-songwriter guy.  But her life is just so empty and all she wants is to be Alicia's friend!  Oh, Christ!  It's just like how every serial killer, asshole out there like Chandler Bing and Colin Sweeney and Michael J. Fox just LOVE LOVE LOVE Alicia even though she has no personality or outward emotion!  Oh she's just so goddamn irresistible!  Barf!

And how can Luca just assume that Alicia's some kind of broken hearted schoolgirl victim because of the THROES of Jason's PASSION are just so DESTRUCTIVE?  Oh my god, Alicia's a grown fucking woman!  And Alicia, why are you not divorced already, ho?!  (Sorry; apologies)   Peter lost the fucking campaign!

And Alicia admitting she hates her kids!  Yeah I already knew that you asshole!  Finally you say it!  Oh god I hate her

And suddenly Alicia forgives Eli out of nowhere?  Why?  Because she kissed Jason in an elevator?  What kind of storytelling is this?

Maybe Eli Gold will get a spin-off or Alan Cumming will find a fantastic new show or something.  This is all I have left to hope for.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 11

For the SL between Alicia and Eli to work for me, it should have gone like this:

Alicia and Will were already having an affair, and her children became upset when Alicia decided to divorce Peter.  Alicia chose to go back to Peter because she was worried about her children, and she didn't believe she had a future with Will.  She thought she was just another fling for Will, she never knew he loved her.

Alicia never knew about the voice mail, and she left Lockhart Gardner because being around Will was to difficult for her.  This scene was with Kalinda whom Alicia forgave because they weren't friends when Kalinda had sex with Peter, she understood why Kalinda did not want to tell her, and Alicia valued their friendship.

I still think Alicia is more mad at herself than Eli.

As far as being depressed and unhappy about her life, Alicia can change that at any time.  She does not have to stay married to Peter.

• Love 5

I feel like the college in this episode would have the Human Being from Community as a mascot.

I also had to laugh at how they framed "everyone hates Alicia" as "those jerks judge her for being a woman and being supposedly rich and being married to Peter" instead of "maybe Alicia just kind of sucks and people notice". 

• Love 12

But why would you stay married to man that you don't love, and you clearly want to have sex with other men, and their kids are very mature and grown up by now and aren't stupid....  Am I crazy?  Does Peter even live in that apartment?  There were always stupid reasons to stay with Peter in the past that barely held up, and those reasons are gone now.  What is a good reason to stay with him?  At least divorcing Peter would give some more honesty to the random men she kisses in elevators and the fact that she stomps around her house grieving over a man she was actually in love with.

• Love 10

Is this ENDLESS game of law firm musical chairs ever going to stop? Let me guess - the season (hopefully series) ends on Cary and Alicia starting their own firm.

I laughed out loud during the Give Me an Emmy Breakdown when Alicia said she didn't like her kids. I haven't liked them in 6+ years, so join the club, Alicia.

Universities and colleges are becoming places where the slightest "controversy" can get blown out of proportion and upset great swathes of people.

It's more or less a race to see who can milk being "offended" to the most advantage. Victimhood is trendy and wields quite a bit of power nowadays. That plotline felt quite realistic to me, but it was totally misplaced in this episode. It's like they needed filler of some kind.

My hatred of that stupid smirk Jeffrey Dean Morgan permanently has on his face skyrocketed during this episode.

• Love 5

Isn't full circle Peter back in jail and Alicia starting over?

I didn't watch because I am done, but did Lucca mention going to counseling? Alicia's needed it for quite a while.

Based on what has happened so far, I wouldn't be surprised if that is where the writing is going towards for the series.  Think about it, insinuations have been made that Peter was behind the voter fraud on the machines.  We have one, and potentially two women scorned (whether or not you believe Peter slept with the ethics lady) who were both in positions of knowing the actual workings of the administration compared to just being prostitutes, and we have the dire warning from Ruth that Eli had better watch out because people would be coming after Peter.  And there has to be some kind of long-term play for Alicia getting that spot on the election commission.  I would not be surprised if the FBI comes to Alicia to bring down the corrupt head of the Democratic Party, she agrees, and as blow-back, that guy rolls over on Peter.

• Love 4

I think Peter goes down for the voting machines. I do not mean Alicia going back to LAL in starting over because that's just more hamster wheel stuff. Quit the law. Move to DC and work for the Feds. Something else?

Also why wouldn't LAL investigate Jason Crouse? That makes less than no sense.

I have hated Jeffrey Dean Morgan's permasmirk since we met him.

I'm pretty sure it's just welded onto his face. It's not even intentional anymore. He had it a decade ago during his stint on Grey's Anatomy (as another smarmy douchebag) and even in minor roles where he was supposed to be just a nice, sensitive guy (P.S. I Love You).

It's hard to describe why it's so irritating and unappealing. It just is.

• Love 2

Personally, I really like JDM and cannot wait for him on the Walking Dead! We all know that The Good Wife is on it's last legs, so whoever doesn't like him, will not likely have to see him too much longer. Now, if you watch the Walking Dead, who knows how long he will be on there! 

• Love 6

Personally, I really like JDM and cannot wait for him on the Walking Dead! We all know that The Good Wife is on it's last legs, so whoever doesn't like him, will not likely have to see him too much longer. Now, if you watch the Walking Dead, who knows how long he will be on there!

Lol! I think the permasmirk is appropriate for Negan.

• Love 1

I love how we are all bright enough to figure out what JM is submitting to the Emmy voters on her tape.

I don't want Alicia to end up with anyone (cop out).  I would love, absolutely love, if in the final episode she literally ripped off her wig, let her real hair down and said "I am not The Good Wife, I am Alicia Florrick" and then walk away from Lockhart, Agos, Whoever & Everyone Else, and walk away from Peter and then walk to who knows what. Stop being a victim, stop being a martyr, just start being a real live human being. I could get behind that ending.

Pennben, I've said this for the longest time.  This woman needs to get her head straight before even thinking about being with anyone and she needs to ditch Peter.

I can't with what they did to Lucca in that Emmy scene with Alicia.  Why would TPTB do that?  Oh, I get it.  Because we have to constantly prop Alicia up.

They better wrap this show up properly and that means that yes, Peter and the election stuff comes out.  As for Alicia and Lucca winding up and L&A, I could care less but it's been mentioned a few times this season so far so they aren't being subtle about it are they.

• Love 2

I think Peter goes down for the voting machines. I do not mean Alicia going back to LAL in starting over because that's just more hamster wheel stuff. Quit the law. Move to DC and work for the Feds. Something else?

Also why wouldn't LAL investigate Jason Crouse? That makes less than no sense.

I do think SOMETHING'S going to happen with the voting machines (although just the ones from the Alicia's SA election, not the ones where Peter ran for Governor; the show completely dropped that plotline) but I don't see how it could possibly be written that Peter goes down and Alicia doesn't. 

The smirk is unappealing and irritating because it looks so fake and unnatural - at least to me.  I would run a mile.

I don't know if it was the writing or the playing, but he came to his interview with Alicia slobbering, flirting/smirking. Do you do that interviewing for a position with Governor's wife? There didn't appear to be gradual growing of affection. Everything about this pairing screams forced.

• Love 2

Why on earth would Lockhart Agos or whoever want to bring in a lawyer who is in the middle of a hefty malpractice lawsuit? Do they want their own malpractice insurance premiums to skyrocket???  Between the money they spend on new signs, new letterhead, glass cleaner and malpractice insurance, Lockhart and Co. must be hemorrhaging money.

• Love 12

First off, apologies all around, because I eventually got too lazy to press the "like" button, but I feel every post here deserves a thumbs up.

Alicia and, guilty by association, Lucca have pissed off one, maybe two judges.  They have few, if any, paying clients. They are barely scraping by, financially.   I don't think they have won their last couple of cases, and lawyers on TV almost always win, so they must be bad lawyers.  And Cary wants them back at his firm?  Why? I guess it is the same Alicia "charm" that makes all men want her and makes everyone want to be her bestie.

Some things never change - whenever the writers don't like a story line or have run out of ideas for a storyline, they end it in a matter of minutes, even if it was a storyline that lasted episodes, even seasons.  For example, a few seasons ago, when everyone was still at Lockhart Gardner, the firm was in such financial trouble that they offered partnerships to all the 4th years because they needed their buy in money.  Then, suddenly, "look at this big check we got in the mail!" and they took back most of the partnership offers because they now had plenty of cash.  

This time it was the sudden resolution thing with Alicia's "depression."  For weeks/months/years she has been drinking more - first the wine glasses got bigger, then she switched to tequila, she wanders around wearing dark glasses with music playing in her head (better than voices, I suppose), she rejected anyone who was ever close to her (except maybe Grace), she became colder and less feeling...then she finally has an outburst, admits to drinking and not wanting to get out of bed, etc.  And Lucca says "I want to be your friend" and suddenly Alicia is fine and ready to live her life.  Huh? And why on Earth would Lucca want to be friends with Alicia?  

After the big Emmy Moment Scene, I turned to my husband and said, "Your business partner just admitted to having a drinking problem and being so depressed that she hates every aspect of her life.  You need to say something because you are very concerned about her mental well-being.  Would "I have no friends, please be my friend" be the first thing you think of?  Would it be anywhere in the top 20 things you would think to say?  Top 50 things?  

I thought Lucca seemed like a nice person who cares about others - kind of the anti-Alicia - but when Alicia has a breakdown, Lucca immediately switches the conversation to talk about herself! "I know your hurting, but lets talk about me now"

Grace has been nothing but helpful and resourceful all year. What could she possibly have done to end up on Alicia's shit list? 

Well, I can think of a couple of things Grace did to end up on Alicia's bad side (remember, this is Alicia's shit list we are talking about here)  -

-- Grace won the thing with the HOA people and she didn't even need Alicia's help.  Alicia has to be the best, and won't tolerate anyone being better than her

--- Grace got a few Cs on her report card, which means Grace is "Average" and that just won't do.

No mention of counseling.  Apparently all Alicia really needed was a friend.

And suddenly Alicia forgives Eli out of nowhere?  Why?  Because she kissed Jason in an elevator?  What kind of storytelling is this?

She didn't forgive Eli because she kissed Jason, she forgave Eli because she is now friends with Lucca.  This show is so stupid.

• Love 10