Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: Peggy & Ed and Connie

She definitely has the ability to be horrifically cruel, to people as well as animals, but there does seem to be a lot of mental illness there, too.

As I grow older and hopefully wiser, I usually find myself being better at allowing myself the understanding that mentally ill people sometimes do awful things, and that I should try hard to have sympathy for them instead of anger or hatred.  But in the case of this woman, I am completely incapable of sympathy.  She is a monster, and I feel so badly for her children.  If I found out my parent had knowingly, slowly murdered more than 2 dozen animals, I would likely have to do some time in heavy therapy to work through my feelings of secondary guilt, or guilt by association, or whatever it's called when you are crippled by shame from something a family member has done.  I should not have watched this episode.  Seeing the dog skeletons still perfectly curled into the sleeping shapes they were in when they finally, mercifully died means I am guaranteed nightmares for the next several nights.  That was some unspeakable horror, and a lot more than I am able to handle.

Connie also sucked, but she benefits by being paired with Peggy, because I have exhausted all my ire and don't have enough strength left to rant about the many reasons and ways that she sucked. 

Seriously put that bitch down. She mentally and emotionally abused her husband, her children and animals. She has some form of a personality disorder and will never change. I don’t give a shit about her mental illness, past or whatever.
And as a believer I think I can say this...love how she uses the church and praying. A lot of people use church to pretend to be good people and I bet when she does that it’s tonget sympathy and attention at church.

• Love 1