Type keyword(s) to search

Graceland - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I didn't buy that Paige would not notice she was being followed or that she would have been so thrown by killing this dude.

I found this episode boring.  My least favorite of the season.

• Love 1

I kind of hated this episode. First off, I hate torture scenes. Secondly, I found it rather confusing. I was so confused I sought out recaps of the episode and most of them also expressed confusion about what had happened. I thought this recap was fairly good at explaining some of it and pointing out some of the puzzling elements:   http://twocentstv.com/graceland-recap-review-hand-glory/

I was enjoying this season more than last until this episode.

Edited by Beezella

Yeah, thinking back about the episode, I feel like it was only used to not only stop the Toros/Paige storyline from escalating, but a way for this case to keep going and to have Ari still alive. Imagine if Briggs had actually told his team the full plan. Toros would still be alive, Paige would be fine and they would have actually pretty successfully gotten Ari, Toros and Martune. This was just used as drama, because they apparently can't drop this case. Oh, and I think it was used to help redeem Paige as a character. Like, of course I feel sympathetic, but I still don't like her. Listen, she had a hand in getting Mike temporarily murdered, so technically this isn't her first kill, just her first direct one. They're going to need to do a whole lot more for me to forgive Paige. 

But, because Briggs had to keep his mouth shut for plot related reasons, he became a dumbass, Mike and Johnny looked like bad guys for apparently not trusting Briggs, and now they gotta clean up all that blood in their home. Also, the torture scenes were strangely boring because we saw virtually nothing besides the acid trick.

• Love 2

Oh, Mike!  Wah wah.  I feel like if Briggs should have shared a little more information (but not all) and either Johnny or Mike stayed (like, have the back up pick one of you up), it would be have gone better.  I'm not trained police/agency, but even I know that you shouldn't leave the cover with the most dangerous guys we know.  Yeah, it's at a church with kids.  So?  You are 100% sure nothing bad can happen and your agent isn't in any danger?!  Enough to leave her with no surveillance OR getaway?!

Poor Paige!  Based on what we know about her, I don't understand how Toros was able to follow her without her knowing.

(shallow) I know he's a really bad guy and I'm glad Paige took him out before he could hurt her more, but DAYUM, Toros was fine.  Like, **low whistle**.  Something really hot about him.  Ahem.  (/shallow)

I'm not super interested in Charlie/Jakes case.  Frankly, I zoned out a bit.  I do like the guy playing the baddie (e.g. The ManWitch from Supernatural, among other things), but I'm bored by the story in general.

Edited by TrininisaScorp

Yeah, thinking back about the episode, I feel like it was only used to not only stop the Toros/Paige storyline from escalating, but a way for this case to keep going and to have Ari still alive. Imagine if Briggs had actually told his team the full plan. Toros would still be alive, Paige would be fine and they would have actually pretty successfully gotten Ari, Toros and Martune. This was just used as drama, because they apparently can't drop this case. Oh, and I think it was used to help redeem Paige as a character. Like, of course I feel sympathetic, but I still don't like her. Listen, she had a hand in getting Mike temporarily murdered, so technically this isn't her first kill, just her first direct one. They're going to need to do a whole lot more for me to forgive Paige. 

But, because Briggs had to keep his mouth shut for plot related reasons, he became a dumbass, Mike and Johnny looked like bad guys for apparently not trusting Briggs, and now they gotta clean up all that blood in their home. Also, the torture scenes were strangely boring because we saw virtually nothing besides the acid trick.

Yeah I felt like this was all one big set up to get Paige forgiveness for her almost getting Mike killed and while I did feel bad for her I also resent the manipulation.

If Briggs wasn't going to tell Mike and Johnny, and at least Mike kept asking Briggs point blank in front of everyone instead of sneaking around and going off all half cocked, then he should have given Paige some heads up about the plan so she could have done her escape better. And maybe she should have looked over her shoulder a few times.

I'm over Briggs and his grand plans.

Edited by TiffanyNichelle
  • Love 1

What the hell was up with this episode? When did the plotting become so byzantine, and why can't they seem to make up their mind whether Briggs is a good guy who will do questionable things for essentially good motives, or just a real bad guy involved in a seemingly impenetrable web of manipulation & deception.

• Love 4

I thought the agent that got tortured looked familiar last week, but I couldn't place him. The moment I saw him all sweaty and bloody here I was like, "Bob!"

...(shallow) I know he's a really bad guy and I'm glad Paige took him out before he could hurt her more, but DAYUM, Toros was fine.  Like, **low whistle**.  Something really hot about him.  Ahem.  (/shallow)

I'm not super interested in Charlie/Jakes case.  Frankly, I zoned out a bit.  I do like the guy playing the baddie (e.g. The ManWitch from Supernatural, among other things), but I'm bored by the story in general.

I have to admit that I really only keep watching this show for all the shallow. I think the entire cast is gorgeous, but my favorites vary depending on my mood. Right now I'm drooling over Jakes the most and his storyline keeps him alternating between snazzy suits and tanks/shirtless, so it's fine by me.Plus, I love Charlie. You're right though, it's kinda boring. You're also right that Toros was hot as hell.

Yeah, but you know they're going to undo this, and somehow Briggs will once again be the smartest, best, and amazingest.

If it took these bozos this long to believe Mike. Small wonder they think Briggs is a genius.

Edited by portfino
  • Love 1

I am kinda bored with this season.  I still root for Jakes and Johnny, but everyone and everything is so scattered.

Edited because I put an actor's name and not a character.

Edited by dirtydi
  • Love 1

I have watched every episode of this series right from the beginning but I feel like I have completely lost the plot for this season, literally. Is there anyone on here who can summarize for me?

[Not the Jakes/Charlie apparently standalone plot, that one seems clear enough, though why they have to have Jakes go dark just when he finally gets his own storyline is beyond irritating, and what they are doing in Florida is mystifying.]

Does anyone else feel like Briggs has been a totally different character each season? Aside from the continuity of the secret agent superpowers, that is.

Edited to clarify that it is this season that has me totally confused.

Edited by Margherita Erdman
  • Love 1

I just love how everyone keeps giving Mike shit for thinking Briggs might be up to no good and a master manipulator when the first season he was pretending to be a drug kingpin and no one in the house had a clue.

Ha, I know! I was cracking up that everyone in the house keeps arguing with Mike and insisting that Briggs has only the most honorable intentions, despite the fact that HELLO, Odin Rossi.

I know that going undercover in a gang isn't ideal, but Johnny is right - homemade carnitas!

• Love 2

Briggs's grand plan to get out from under the FBI guy was so ridiculous and convoluted that it deserved to get blown up in his face. He needed everyone to do everything just the way he planned without him informing any of them about it. He's lucky there wasn't a crazy shootout in the middle of the street.

I don't know what was more satisfying. Johnny declaring he's sick of Briggs's shit and shooting him or Mike just walking in and punching Briggs out without a word.

What the hell is going on with Jakes now? Is the money for Briggs? It is part of a play to get a bigger fish? How long was he dating this new girl that she was already pissed off at how their relationship was going? I can't get a grip on the time frame at all.

• Love 2

Been binge-watching the episodes, and I find Ari to be hilarious.  One part of the episode that cracked me up was when Briggs was pretending that he was going to cut Airport Manager Paige's fingers off with the paper cutter.  You could hear Ari in the background shouting, "Cut her, guy!"  I'll be sad to see him go.

Wish Aaron Tveit would keep the facial hair, it looks good on him.  

I don't know what was more satisfying. Johnny declaring he's sick of Briggs's shit and shooting him or Mike just walking in and punching Briggs out without a word.

Both were awesome but I got so much more satisfaction from Johnny shooting Briggs, probably because it was more unexpected.

ETA: I can't wait to hear what explanation Dale gives Courtney for having all that money stuffed under his mattress. "This is my own personal bank!"

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

RIP, Ari Adamian. Guy, you made this season way more fun than I expected, you crazy bastard.

Although I realize Briggs was mostly in the wrong and did a lot of fucked up shit this season, Mike always looks so righteous and smug that I want to punch him in his face. Honestly, Johnny is the only decent character in the show anymore. (I know Charlie's not that bad, but she stabbed Johnny's bouncy house, which is borderline unforgivable.)

• Love 5

I loved Ari, he was awesome and definitely made this season better.

I can't stand Mike. He and Paul are similar, which is why Mike is so hell-bent on taking him down.

Thi season has been sub-par. There was only a few good episodes. But, I feel like this show never really answers all the questions.

• Love 2

I don't know Jakes, maybe if you'd warned your ex-wife that she was living next door a sexual predator maybe you wouldn't have had to kill the guy and get Briggs to cover for you. It makes all his smug "I'm better than the rest of you" attitude that he's been pulling since the beginning seem even worse. I would have also liked to see more of his relationship with Courtney to understand why he was ready to give it all up for her and run off with that stolen money (that I knew was for Briggs!). We met her two episodes ago and they barely spent any time on that relationship.

• Love 4

I was really hoping they would just all sign the completely false report and pretend this entire season never happened so they could start new with the next season, assuming it's been renewed (has it?). This was a terrible season. But now not only will it not be starting over, I bet the entire next season will be more of the same as they chase Jakes, Courtney and the 9 million. I agree TiffanyNichelle, they did a really poor job of showing us why this woman was anything more than a roll in the hay to Jakes or why she wasn't the least bit phased to find out Jakes is supposedly a money launderer.

• Love 4

Awww, Ari and Gusti are both gone now. They were the best things about this season.

Poor Johnny. He just got shot last week and this week he got punched by Jakes.

Count me as one of those who doesn't get Dale and Courtney's instant relationship. They've gone out, like, twice? And suddenly they're running off together with $9 million. She's really willing to go on the run and cut all ties with her family, friends, and entire life to be with a guy she's known for almost a week?

• Love 2

Finally the hypocritical corruption issues are addressed other than "a" secret and hoping we will forget or excuse. I'm still wondering if Mike cut himself a deal in addition to Gusti's release. As soon as they covered up Paige's self defense you knew this show would get really messy. But covering up a murder, hopefully they'll address that. That's on Briggs but Paige and Charley theoretically should've taken Briggs in for "questioning".  Who shot Ari in the back of the leg again? Should that bullet have been removed as many others being able to be traced back to government issued weapons.

And yeah, is Jakes on the run with an undercover.

Flashback: What was Mike original mission again, could that still be in play?

Also I thought I remember reading about a similar undercover house/operation during the cocaine wars of the 80s. Based on a true story?

• Love 1

I don't normally like dreads, but man, I'm mourning the loss of Jakes' hair. I loved his look.

Well, these people are pretty much all terrible and screwed. I don't know why I still watch, but I'll probably be back anyway (assuming it gets renewed).

Graceland has been cancelled.  I think the original premise was so good, and then they went darker and it was all over (for me).

I'm happy because Aaron Tveit deserves a much better show.

Normally I would be disappointed that things were left up in the air with the characters and say that now we'll never know how things were resolved, but I am totally fine with this cancellation. S2 was not good and S3 was unnecessarily complicated. When characters like Gusti and Ari are the only good things about the entire season, something is wrong.

That cancelation was a long time coming. I enjoyed the show, but it strayed away from the charm the first season had.

But, I am going to miss Daniel Sunjata's gorgeous face.

I had a feeling that was going to happen. Season 3 was better than season 2, but it still didn't live up to season 1, which was unique and really strong. And, at least they didn't cancel it last season. It would have sucked if someone else had ended up 'dying' as a cliffhanger. 

On 7/3/2015 at 9:35 AM, Lady Calypso said:

Yep, I called a lot of that happening. Johnny/Sid working together so he can save his girlfriend, Charlie having to choose between her baby and her job (though she conveniently might have found a way for both), Mike being addicted to pain meds, Paige not wanting her award.

Johnny, you've gone so far off the rails with one girl, it's not even funny. He's now killed Sid and is still working for Carlito. All because of a girl, mind you. It's the same thing that got me hating Paige last season. At least now I feel bad for her.

So, Charlie doesn't go through with the abortion, but tells Briggs that she did just so she can go on her one last mission. Clearly this is not going to end well, and clearly Charlie will do something stupid to get her and her baby in serious trouble. I was proud of her for going to the abortion clinic to begin with; she and Briggs do not seem ready for a child and it's ok to admit that. So for the somewhat cliched ending? I was not happy.

Goddamnit, Mike. I like you more than last season, but don't do anything stupid. Nope, too late. But I like this Mike, who is clearly not a leader (demonstrated by his meeting with Agent Jackass) but is trying to be there for people. 

Jakes, you're the last sane one in that house. Please stay that way!

Briggs is....I don't know, he's toned down a LOT since the first season. He's now not willing to do these shady things because it'll implicate him and the Bureau will know it? Man, it seems like he's worried because they know he'll be doing these shady things and can surely pin things on him, not because he actually cares about the actions he does. Or maybe he does care and it's just a somewhat retcon from the first season. Either way, Briggs is no Odin anymore. 

This season is still heaps better than last season, but I'm worried about all the characters. 

I hate when a show chickens out on having a character have an abortion. It's cowardly. It should be her choice and it's OK if she is not ready to be a mother.

It looks like Aaron Tveit is going to win a Tony award! Because COVID forced Broadway to shut down in March, there were only four musicals eligible for this year's Tony nominations (Moulin Rouge, Jagged Little Pill, Tina, and The Lightning Thief). The nominations committee decided that Aaron Tveit was the only one worthy of being nominated for lead actor in a musical. He still has to get 60% of the votes to win, but he is well-liked and well-respected in the Broadway community so it will be a shock if he doesn't win.

Tony nominations

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1
On 7/8/2021 at 12:02 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

It appears this thread is still open for comments.  I didn’t watch it back in the day. I’m considering starting with season one on Hulu.  Is it pretty good?  

If you are still here--I just saw the first episode and it looks promising.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

If you are still here--I just saw the first episode and it looks promising.

Ok. Thanks.  I didn’t get far with it.  May circle back around, though.  I just started watching Pose.  

8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Ok. Thanks.  I didn’t get far with it.  May circle back around, though.  I just started watching Pose.  

I'm always late to the party.  Just finished Good Girls and loved Manny Montana so decided to check it out.