Type keyword(s) to search

Graceland - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

And like others, I am frequently confused about all these storylines especially Johnny's girlfriend and especially especially why Briggs robbed her.

Johnny's girlfriend Lucia is being held captive by her brother in Mexico.  The girl that Paul crashed into and robbed was the Armenian mob guy's girlfriend, this probably took place in Glendale.

Edited by yourmomiseasy

It was kind of fun to watch everyone in the house finally work together again, especially since they were so casual about talking about their lives while slinging around blood and shooting up hotel rooms.

But if Ari's girlfriend's father (or one of his guys) found her in the motel room, that means he is just screwing around with Ari to see how long he will keep lying to cover his ass. Ha, now I'm thinking about George Costanza and his summer house in the Hamptons. "You don't let somebody lie when they know you're lying. You call them a liar!"

(edited)
The death of an agent leaves the housemates reeling; Briggs and Johnny work to rescue Lucia, who's being held by Carlito Solano; and Mike's visions lead him to a small-time crook with a dangerous secret.

Promo:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Johnny's girlfriend Lucia is being held captive by her brother in Mexico.  The girl that Paul crashed into and robbed was the Armenian mob guy's girlfriend, this probably took place in Glendale.

That makes significantly more sense than Briggs robbing Lucia.

It was kind of fun to watch everyone in the house finally work together again, especially since they were so casual about talking about their lives while slinging around blood and shooting up hotel rooms.

But if Ari's girlfriend's father (or one of his guys) found her in the motel room, that means he is just screwing around with Ari to see how long he will keep lying to cover his ass. Ha, now I'm thinking about George Costanza and his summer house in the Hamptons. "You don't let somebody lie when they know you're lying. You call them a liar!"

I think Ari called the dad when he realized he was being set up -- as he was holding the match to light the motel on fire.  I don't speak Armenian though, so I didn't understand what was said on the call, but he seemed kinda pissed.  He then led Paul into the room at the Sahara(?) and they sat in there while the dad found the girl and tortured and killed the guy.  It sounded like the dad called in to someone on the take and had a search run for the plates on the guy's car, which seems a little far fetched.  The timeline also seems suspect since I think Charlie said that Paul and Ari had only been in the room for an hour.

I thought the former agent was killed the night before, shortly after he drugged the daughter and handcuffed her to the bed. He went outside to get a soda from the machine and when he came back the door was open. If they didn't kill him until the next day, those were some powerful drugs they gave the daughter to knock her out for so long!

I enjoyed Ari more when he was the crazy guy dangling people off bridges.

Mike's scrazy dream leading to Gusti disappoints me. Am I really supposed to believe that his near death experience gave him a vision that led him to that weapon in Gusti's trunk? No thanks.

• Love 1

I love Ari and I now love this crazy kid, Gusti.As much as I hate that Mike's dream led to Gusti and this big case...I would like to think that it just happened to be a coincidence and Mike's stretching with connecting his dream really just made him subconsciously find Gusti. Yeah, I'm going with that because I actually think this Mike plot is heading somewhere interesting.

My god, is the Johnny/Carlito/Lucia plot FINALLY done? Thank the heavens.

So....Charlie still hasn't told anyone she is still pregnant, right? Of course she hasn't. 

I would like Ari to go back to being crazy Ari soon. Crazy Briggs is just not enough.

Jakes is a good guy for helping out with Mike's case. I know he's the skeptical one about his dreams, but it's good that he saw that there was something there and decided to help out. 

• Love 2

My god, is the Johnny/Carlito/Lucia plot FINALLY done? Thank the heavens.

Thank the fucking lord!  The only thing that would have made this better, is if Johnny would have stop being an idiot and shot Carlito before going to rescue Lucia.  He didn't need to kill him, but maybe a bullet to the leg to immobilize him and then leave him behind for the other cartel to deal with.  Going to prison is way to decent an ending for psychotic ass like Carlito.  And I'm glad Lucia dumped Johnny, cause he could have ended all this shit a while ago. 

(edited)

Despite all the tears and drama of Lucia dumping Johnny, I was cracking up. "Thanks for saving my life and rescuing me from my insane brother. Sooooooooo I think I'm gonna go now. Have a nice life!" I wish one of them had killed Carlito though. That psycho deserved to die.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

I really enjoyed this episode with the whole team working together, nobody going behind the other's backs.  I liked the black and white shots with only certain things being colorized too.  Kind of sad that Colby got offed.

On a purely shallow note:  Mike is looking super-hot this season with his scruffiness and crazy hair. 

Wow.

The fallout from Paige trying to have Mike murdered is her physically assaulting him for trying to protect her, screaming at him and him saying he "forgives her", and we're supposed to feel sorry for her?

This show disgusts me.

• Love 1

I thought they showed that he'd watched TV and dozed off and he seemed pretty bored, so I assumed he'd been in the room watching the girl for a long time and it was the next day when he got the soda, but I don't remember noticing if it was night or day when he went outside.

Gusti and Ari are both such caricatures, but they might be my favorite people on this show right now.  It seems like things moved along this episode, but I was bored.

Judging from the dearth of comments in this thread so was everyone else.

Gusti and Ari are both such caricatures, but they might be my favorite people on this show right now.

Concur. Ari's shocked outburst when Briggs scalded the dude's face against the side of the airplane engine -- "Jesus Christ, guy. I'm gonna get you a bicycle." -- was hilarious. And Gusti watching Mike's "interrogation" was also a highlight. Did not like the clunky telegraphing of Ari's eventual recognition of Paige as the stand-in for his girlfriend, and I just don't care about whatever op Charlie is running.

• Love 1

I loved most of this episode.  The intervention was brutal, but I LOVED that Mike, in some small way, called out Paige for what happened (Mike was scary harsh with the others, but I have seen enough tv to know that was coming)  I thought that was some damn good acting on Aaron's part as he went from nervous to defensive to visious with the roommates.  His near hysterical response to Paige was what I have been waiting for since the end of season 2.  I hope it gets brought up again (don't get me wrong...I like Paige, but I want what she did to come out)

My favorite scene was the breakdown scene between Mike and Charlie.  Beautiful acting by Vanessa and Aaron.  Charlie and Mike's friendship is one of my favorite relationships, and I was so happy that it was she that got through to him...if even for a few minutes.  I am really interested to see if he will actually go through with rehab or not.  And next week looks very intense.

Charlie losing the baby was brutal and sad and the fallout from that should be dramatic.  Vanessa is amazing.

I was kind of bored with everything Armanian this week.  Usually I get a kick out of Ari, but last night I felt those scenes dragged a bit. 

Is this show perfect?  Nope.  But last night's episode made me cry a few times, and when tv can do that to me then I need to keep watching.

• Love 1

I liked the episode for the most part. I actually really loved Mike's storyline, because no matter how 'cliched' it seemed at times, it also felt all too real. That intervention was rough and I can only imagine how real it was for people who have gone through addiction, or have loved ones who went through/are going through it. 

The first person to ever connect with Mike on this show was Charlie, so her connecting with him in probably my favourite moment of the entire series was very poignant. I mean, Johnny picked up Mike from the airport, but Charlie has always made him feel at home. It was a beautiful moment between the two, and beautifully acted. I love how both of them are able to tell each other their secrets and let the other in. I know it'll never turn romantic, so I'm so happy this friendship is done right. Aaron and Vanessa did a phenomenal job this episode. 

Poor Charlie with losing the baby. Is she ever going to tell Briggs, or is Mike going to be the one to break the news? I'm guessing Mike will convince her to tell him when everything's over.

It felt somewhat satisfying to have Mike finally snap at Paige, even if he's just being defensive. My god, she needs a little kick in the pants for what she did. 

The Ari storyline did drag. Maybe it's because it focused less on Ari and more on creepy boss guy. 

It felt somewhat satisfying to have Mike finally snap at Paige, even if he's just being defensive. My god, she needs a little kick in the pants for what she did.

And I found it telling that Johnny, unseen, said "What is he talking about?"  So the others DON'T know that Paige told Sid who Mike was. That's interesting.

And I found it telling that Johnny, unseen, said "What is he talking about?"  So the others DON'T know that Paige told Sid who Mike was. That's interesting.

I was surprised by that also. I thought for sure Johnny and Jakes knew about what Paige did. Charlie knows right? It was a really satisfying moment when he went off on her considering he's been holding back due to his guilt over Lena or whatever her name was.

The scene with Charlie and Mike where she gets through to him was really nice. It reminded me of why a) I never shipped him with Paige and why b) I used to ship Charlie and Mike in the beginning of the first season.

Nope.  Mike made Briggs promise not to say anything to the others.  Only Paige, Briggs, and Mike know.  And my God....I want a scene where Charlie finds out so very badly.  Mike and Charlie are my favorites, so more scenes of them would be wonderful!!

• Love 1

Yes, Mike made Briggs promise not to tell the others because he didn't want them immediately blaming her, just like Briggs did. Again, noble of Mike to do that, but I'm still so satisfied to watch him go off on her, even if it's only in little bursts right now. Do that two more times, and I'll be satisfied. 

I'll be honest, I still ship Charlie/Mike, but it's just so nice to have a loving friendship and not having to worry about them ruining it for a romance. Again, also poignant that it was Charlie that Mike talked to first. Charlie has always been the most caring one in the house, as has Mike. Both of them are so similar and so different from the others, that it's refreshing when they get away from the craziness and have a moment to themselves. Sure, they're both going through their rough patches right now, but they're still less crazy than Briggs, Paige or Johnny. Jakes is just his own little island. 

I really liked this episode.  For the second week in a row, I was blown away by Aaron Tveit's performance.  His epiphany when about to use the needle was beautifully done, and the entire detox scene was incredible.  I am pretty sure he conveyed every single possible emotion in that montage.  I don't know if he would really be running the next day, but I didn't care because I was so invested in his story that I was actually happy to see him taking care of himself.  My favorite moments were quick little ones, but I LOVED when Mike was full on sobbing on the bed that Briggs just grabbed and held his hand and then I loved when Mike woke up in the tub and Briggs kissed his head. They were two little tiny moments, but they showed the friendship between the two....which is going to make next week rough!!

Shallow note...he looked amazing running around in his vision.  I must say Aaron looks ten years younger without the beard.  While I liked the scruff, it was nice to see his face again.  And his eyes just popped as well.

It will be interesting to see if he is tempted to use again, and no matter where they take this story, I was very very impressed with Aaron's portrayal of it.

I will miss Amber, and I kind of hope that she gets out early, or at the very least another scene with Charlie.

The roommates are best when they work together.  However, that blatant product placement with the phone in the car was awful.  I get it...they get $$ for doing it, but oh wow was that an awkward tone shift.

• Love 2

Daniel Sunjata is absolutely gorgeous. This episode wasn't that great, but I was focused on him most of the episode.

Yes!   I keep hoping that I'll run into him somewhere in Miami.  So far, I've only run into the dude who plays Dale...at Target (he's very short in person).

I loved that the crazy Filipino kid was all, "dude you're a worthless junky! Do something with your life!"

Yes!   I keep hoping that I'll run into him somewhere in Miami.  So far, I've only run into the dude who plays Dale...at Target (he's very short in person).

I loved that the crazy Filipino kid was all, "dude you're a worthless junky! Do something with your life!"

I would definitely be jealous if you ever met him! He has amazing lips.

I liked the episode well enough, at least enough that I'm highly contemplating watching it again soon. I liked how the detox was really just 10 minutes, but it was very poignant and well done. I love this season so much because of the fact that the group is working together, compared to last season with everyone in their independent storylines. 

I'm hoping we see Amber in the next season, if there is a next season. This time last season, I was fine if it ended there. But this time around? I'm hoping for a fourth (and I'd be ok if it's a final) season. I think she would make a great CI and I think Charlie's just lashing out and she'll make Amber a CI by the finale. 

I have no doubt Mike will be tempted at least once more this season, possibly in a situation where it would be the most inconvenient. But I think he'll ultimately hold off on doing anything stupid.

Noooo, though, bearded Aaron Tveit! We'll miss you so much! But I get the symbolism they wanted to go for. He does look ten years younger, though, and he looks like a fresh faced agent once more. I kind of wish we could keep some of the scruff, though. 

Dale and Charlie's scenes were great. Dale, Charlie and Mike are, by far, my favourite characters. Hell, Briggs grows on me whenever he has scenes with Mike. The only two I'm feeling pretty meh on this season are Paige and Johnny. 

Poor Vin; he really had no idea what he was getting into, and I loved him yelling at Mike. Like, if this crazy kid is telling an undercover FBI agent that he's messed up on drugs, then it must be true. 

Oh yeah, when Briggs told Agent Tightass to find an agent who can handle being tortured to keep his cover, and then he called Mike, I thought for sure Agent Tightass was gonna make Mike the agent to be tortured, and until they actually met up, I was thinking "oh, Mike's not having a good week".

Sorry, I'm tired of shows that depict the hero character with a drug or drinking problem that they just kick in a relatively short time without professional intervention  That Mike actually shot whatever his name is while he was HIGH was glossed over..as if it did not matter.  I honestly question the competency of any of them, as it seems as if all of their plans go awry.   I hope the ending is a good one, and I hope it is the series ending.  This show started out with a good premise, and I don't know how they screwed it up.  For one thing, with both Charlie and Briggs admitting to using drugs, Dale struggling with alcohol, we really didn't need to show another undercover agent that could not handle the "life" without it affecting them.  There are other things they could have shown to portray how it gets to you....like how they focused on Mike's ambition early on.  

So are we to assume that Dale now knows that Charlie did not abort the baby?  I stopped watching the Briggs stuff long ago.    Did Mike see something in someone's shoes?  What was the significance of his looking at the picture? 

Did Mike see something in someone's shoes?  What was the significance of his looking at the picture? 

He recognized the license plate number as the same one that Briggs was telling someone over the phone, presumably the Sarkissian dudes, to tail.  It's how Mike knew to follow asshole FBI dude and inadvertently watched him get kidnapped.  

So true, yourmomiseasy, but it would have been nice of Briggs to let his coworkers in on his plans. I always kind of imagine what the FBI backup guys think of Graceland's residents in these situations.  I'm sure it would include something along the lines of "these guys are fucking crazy/morons/idots!"

• Love 1

Not fully surprised, but in Mike's defense, Briggs was acting kind of shady, and Mike even asked if there was anything they should know and Briggs shut that down. So...it wasn't out of the realm of possibilities that Briggs would be distracting them. 

But now we have one dead Toros and a guilty Paige, though she was protecting herself so it was 100% self defense. It makes me feel sympathetic toward her, at the very least. But hey, maybe we'll get Paige/Briggs bonding moments now?

I love when the group works together, though. It's always awesome. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 1