Type keyword(s) to search

The Brady Bunch - General Discussion

• Start Topic

"A Room at the Top" was on Sunday. I think the Bradys were hoarders. In the episode about Aunt Jenny, the family is cleaning out the clutter from the attic and that's when Jan finds the picture of her "twin." When Greg, Peter and Bobby sleep in the attic as part of a bet with the girls, the attic looks pretty clean, except for the old storage chest with the "ghost" inside. By the end of that season, the attic is all junked up again -- with much of the stuff they had discarded before. Chillingly, there is an empty bird cage hanging from the rafters. What did happen to Bobby's pet bird? Was Jan allergic to it?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Jacqs said:

I'd like to see Millicent (Melissa Sue Anderson) somehow meet Mary Ingalls (Melissa Sue Anderson). Just because it would be fun...

TIme travel?

I don't know if you know this or care, but Mike Lookinland was later in an epi of Little House on the Prairie and met Mary on a train.  

• Love 3

Looking up the season 4 episode list I have to ask: How did Cindy go from being perfectly fine singing on live TV here:

97cefdd5ebe637dd6f5df338d4f09306.jpg

to episodes later being frozen like a deer in headlights when the red light of a TV camera turns on?
e6d258e9a9ba9fd530c4a86be040a9a9.jpg

• Love 5
10 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

Looking up the season 4 episode list I have to ask: How did Cindy go from being perfectly fine singing on live TV here:

to episodes later being frozen like a deer in headlights when the red light of a TV camera turns on?
e6d258e9a9ba9fd530c4a86be040a9a9.jpg

Only thing I can think of is, she was singing with her brothers and sisters and when she was on TV, she wasn't with them. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Waterston Fan said:

Only thing I can think of is, she was singing with her brothers and sisters and when she was on TV, she wasn't with them. 

There definitely is a difference between doing something as a group and doing something on your own. Yes, there was still a team on the quiz show (as I remember), but she would have had to answer questions individually, not in sync.  Plus, maybe she realized how silly her hair looked:)

• LOL 8
(edited)
On 5/3/2019 at 7:40 AM, Jacqs said:

Would much have been different had Oliver been gender flipped? longer hair i guess...

I like that he was blonde. It proves even Carol's side of the family the men have "hair of gold"!

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 3
On 6/27/2019 at 9:19 PM, VCRTracking said:

Hot Damn Maureen though....

• Love 2

In the episode Tiger! Tiger!, Season 1 Episode 18, the family dog Tiger disappears and the Bradys all chip in for a reward in the newspaper. The total (after everyone donates from each family member) is $42.76 - if you look at the value in 2019 the total is over $300 in today's value. This seems like a pretty good reward for a dog.

• Love 1

In the episode Tiger! Tiger!, Season 1 Episode 18, the family dog Tiger disappears and the Bradys all chip in for a reward in the newspaper. The total (after everyone donates from each family member) is $42.76 - if you look at the value in 2019 the total is over $300 in today's value. This seems like a pretty good reward for a dog.

And the $1100 in Mr. Stoner's lost wallet would be over $6000 today!

Hot Damn Maureen though....

I've always said she was one of the prettiest TV actresses ever.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2014 at 9:59 PM, merylinkid said:

Jan got engaged to ubernerd.   They went to tell her parents.    For some reason Ma and Pa Brady suddenly went all 18th century on them and insisted that they had to wait because Marcia as the oldest should get married first.    Because that would do so much for Jan's self-esteem, not to mention the utter stupdity of the idea.   Jan complained to Marcia who felt bad at holding up her sister's wedding since she wasn't dating anyone.   Well, then she met Wally somehow.   She cried on his shoulder how unfair her parents were.   They had a worldwind romance (7 days), got engaged and lived happily ever after.   Well, except for Marcia's bout with alcoholism when they brought the whole blooming Brady Bunch back for a weekly show.

If I had been Jan I would have been annoyed that all this happened and I had to share my wedding with my sister!  I vaguely remember the show, and I think I was always on Philip and Jan's side.  Wally was so annoying.  Sure, Phillip was pretentious, but at least he wasn't getting in anyone's face.

• Love 4

I have blocked "The Brady Brides" from my memory. I do think it was sweet that even though Robert Reed thought the script for "The Brady Girls Get Married" was atrocious, he wanted to be part of the project because he didn't want anyone else walking Marcia and Jan down the aisle.

This past weekend, "Jan's Aunt Jenny" was on MeTV. I hate this episode for a variety of reasons. First of all, she's not really Jan's Aunt Jenny -- she was Carol's. So technically she was Jan's great-aunt Jenny. Secondly, Aunt Jenny herself is a name-dropping bore. And lastly, I hate that scene where they're sitting around slurping tea and attempting to eat Japanese food with chopsticks.

• Love 3

The Aunt Jenny episode isn't one of my favorites either. I get that they're trying to say looks aren't important. That this "unattractive" woman is leading an exciting and glamorous life and even have beaus. But the execution came off as a show off rather than a fun loving free spirit.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jenniferhartwell said:

Denise Nickerson died a few weeks back. Deliberately took an overdose of her medication - apparently she was tired of living in her stroke-ruined body. Another Brady guest star gone to the San Fernando Valley in the sky.

Dang... I didn't realize she played Mr. Phillip's niece in that episode where Peter had a twin. 

12 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Does anyone know which version of the theme song is being used here?

The kids started singing the theme song from season two through the last season. I think it’s a safe bet that it didn’t change, so I’ll venture a guess that it’s from season two.

• Love 1

The Bradys are experiencing a resurgence. LOL. They have an HGTV special coming up where the six kids work with designers to restore the original Brady house to it's Brady interior, and three of the six - Marsha, Peter, Cindy - were judges on Food Network's Chopped last night. Looking ahead in the episode guide, the remaining three - Greg, Jan, Bobby - will be judges next week.

3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

The Bradys are experiencing a resurgence. LOL. They have an HGTV special coming up where the six kids work with designers to restore the original Brady house to it's Brady interior, and three of the six - Marsha, Peter, Cindy - were judges on Food Network's Chopped last night. Looking ahead in the episode guide, the remaining three - Greg, Jan, Bobby - will be judges next week.

The Chopped thing is amazing... I didn't catch it but now I have to.

True fact: when the Brady house came up for sale, HGTV got into a bidding war for it with Lance Bass. They finally had to talk to him, tell them who he was bidding against and tell him that they were, in fact, going to respect the house.

And it's not, strictly speaking a restoration: the interior of that house in the Valley NEVER looked like the Brady sets.  In fact, the second-story gable window seen on the show was a prop that they hung in place for the filming. Here's the Zillow listing from before HGTV bought the house... and it really DOES have 3 sliding doors going to the backyard!

• Useful 3
33 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

The Chopped thing is amazing... I didn't catch it but now I have to.

True fact: when the Brady house came up for sale, HGTV got into a bidding war for it with Lance Bass. They finally had to talk to him, tell them who he was bidding against and tell him that they were, in fact, going to respect the house.

And it's not, strictly speaking a restoration: the interior of that house in the Valley NEVER looked like the Brady sets.  In fact, the second-story gable window seen on the show was a prop that they hung in place for the filming. Here's the Zillow listing from before HGTV bought the house... and it really DOES have 3 sliding doors going to the backyard!

At first I thought the HGTV was just a one-off special but looking at the TV Guide there are episodes. Assuming one room per week/show, the girls/boys bathroom could finally get a toilet!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I was watching some of the episodes of The Bradys on Youtube, I cannot believe how stupid they made them and I can see why the ratings were not good. 

The episode I watched was I think the last one of the series and the ending was pathetic. If Mike had staffers, I would think they would have told him or made sure he knew about the guests coming and made sure to tell his family so they didn't look stupid. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, jenniferhartwell said:

Jennifer "Fake Cindy" Runyon (1960s and 70s rock radio disc jockey Jim's daughter) is actually *older* than Susan Olsen.

Was "A Very Brady Christmas" the only show that Susan didn't appear in?

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes. She was on her honeymoon so couldn't do the movie. She returned to reprise her role in that godawful updated series, that had a different Marcia.

How long does it take to make a movie? I found it strange she didn't postpone her honeymoon. Not only was it an acting job but a Brady reunion.

To each their own though, so good for her for choosing what's more important to her.

I mentioned it in the Chopped thread since their last two episodes had the six kids as judges, but there seems to be two groups of Brady kids: the ones that appreciate their private lives and don't do much if any acting or appearances (Susan, Eve, Mike - I think this Chopped special and the upcoming HGTV thing are the first TV appearances I've seen Eve or Mike do in years, other than the various Brady TV-movies), and the ones that enjoy being on TV and doing the reality TV circuit (Maureen, Chris, Barry). I find it interesting and I just noticed when I wrote it out that it is the older kids in one group and the youngest in the other.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

Why does it look like Mike Lookinland is scared of Robert Reed?

Chris probably told him that the tar or whatever it was they put in his hair would never come out. Pure big brother style.

• LOL 2

Just a tad off topic.... Since I moved to North Carolina with my mom, aunt and her two dogs, I think the box that had my DVDs and books are missing or lost. 😞

Barry Williams book and the Bradymania book as well. I hadn't bought the DVDs for the Brady Bunch but I did put the Christmas DVD in another box so I still have that, thank goodness. 

In a Marcia Brady voice: Gone, Gone, Gone. 

3 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

In a Marcia Brady voice: Gone, Gone, Gone. 

If it helps, I can send you a cassette tape of the audio we recorded of the episode where Greg wrote about being an architect.

Yes that's right. Before the days of VCR, I recorded the audio on cassette tape. Why? I don't know. Why that episode? I don't know. Why do I still have the tape? I don't know. But it's far out.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Snow Apple said:

Yes that's right. Before the days of VCR, I recorded the audio on cassette tape. Why? I don't know

We did that with Charlie's Angels.  It was on past our bedtime, so our mom would audio record it for us.

Edited by Katy M
3 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

If it helps, I can send you a cassette tape of the audio we recorded of the episode where Greg wrote about being an architect.

Yes that's right. Before the days of VCR, I recorded the audio on cassette tape. Why? I don't know. Why that episode? I don't know. Why do I still have the tape? I don't know. But it's far out.

I really liked that episode because Mike is excited and there was a big misunderstanding and some feelings might be hurt. I'm sure that happens in real life. 

• Love 2